Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Cadogan Trahem's Games > Lands of Dynasty

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 12th of August, 2003, 22:25
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Maintaining her composure, the young monk pursues Lushima once again. His new position is well defensible, limiting the advantage of his attackers. She studies his movements, waiting for an opening, and when an opportunity presents itself she attacks.

<OOC: Move forward and attack. Attempt stunning fist once again, DC15.>
  #27  
Unread 14th of August, 2003, 08:53
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Xiao grabs the poll, its long length giving her exceptional reach, but with no spike she can do little more then pester Lushima. Regardless she strikes causing Lushima to become irritated and hack at the pole with his sword as a parry.

Koden walks forward and in his moment of weakness attacks Lushima sending a burning sensation through him Lushima cries out and sets his eyes firmly on Koden - but Kataji steps forward and strikes him and channels her Ki through her attack - but despite her best attempts her special attack does nothing, regardless though Lushima is looking more worse off having been hit.

The General comes next, obscuring Xiao's view he slashes downward, Lushima parries but the general lets out a kick and then attacks again cutting Lushima along his sword arm. Lushima switches the sword to his other hand feeling confident he can fight just as equally - although he looks discouraged by the fact he is surrounded on all sides with a wall to his back.

Still irritated by Koden, he kicks the man in his knee sending him sprawling to the ground. Koden hits the deck after falling on his arse to look up and see Lushima's boot score him directly in the face. Lushima quickly turns his attention towards the general and thrusts his sword - the general caught unaware by the speed does not dodge, and Lushima's sword sinks deep between his plated armour and into the generals inards and out the other side. A devastating blow but the general just clences his teeth and pulls himself off Lushimas sword.

The guards look a little shocked, two even concider helping the general but it's now clear they were ordered not to be involved. Instead the Soldier with a spear steps forward - his view obscured, he concentrates his Chi and focus' the energy into a luke warm white ball which appears in the palm of his hand and with a sudden movement he pushes the energy into the generals wound from behind the bleeding stops - the wound closes and the General lets out a sigh of relief.

Initative:
Xiao
Koden
Kataji
General
Lushima
Guards
Teto

Koden took 4 sub. damage and is Prone.
General Hu Mia Chon took 15 damage
General Hu Mia Chon was healed 13
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #28  
Unread 18th of August, 2003, 07:26
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Xiao Hu insists on pestering Lushima, moving if she has to.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #29  
Unread 19th of August, 2003, 12:42
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Pain rocks through Koden as Lushima, or the thing that was Lushima, knocks him to the ground and then plants a kick squarely in his face. His head snaps back with the blow and his vision blurs, focuses, and then blurs again. Yet this only fuels his rage further.

Burn him, the magic practically cries out for it. Growling with rage, he leaps to his feet and strikes again, the flames wrapping around his fist once more.

((OOC: stand and attack with Produce Flame))
  #30  
Unread 20th of August, 2003, 22:45
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Her blow seems to injure Lushima, bolstering her confidence. She decides to press him in hopes that a strong attack will wash away his resistance.

<OOC: Attack using Flurry of Blows.>
  #31  
Unread 22nd of August, 2003, 02:35
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Xiao continues her pestering of Lushima or rather the thing which has possed him. It pays perhaps more attention to her then it should, as Koden gathers to his feet and brings forth his flaming hand to burn Lushima another time - it screams out, and Kataji and the general use this as their opportunity and launch their attacks like a whirlwind of punches and slashes.

By the end Lushima still stands but he is far more worse off. Any normal human would be dead by now, or at best unconcious. Lushima in a defiant action, raises his sword and Slashes at Koden the spell caster almost cries out but manages to duck one attack just from his reflexes, however Lushima brings his sword around and strikes it downward into Koden's knee.

Feiry agony burns the caster as the blade penetrates and comes out on the other side, only to be twisted and withdrawn. The guard on the far side almost sighs with exaggeration as he quickly aproaches Koden and puts his hands over the wound. Koden instinctively recoils at first untill a warm senstation washes over the wound and it slowly closes.

Initative:
Xiao
Koden
Kataji
General
Lushima
Guards
Teto

Koden took 7 damage
Koden was healed 8
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #32  
Unread 22nd of August, 2003, 16:38
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Xiao keeps on, the 'fight' is going better than expected, she just hopes they'll be able to finish it off soon.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #33  
Unread 22nd of August, 2003, 22:20
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Pain, it's all Koden can think about. He's never been cut by a blade before and can feel, if only by a fraction, what it must be like to die on one. The irony of it burning is not lost on the young man. Falling to one knee, the flames surrounding his hand gutter and dissipate while the other clutches his wound.

Yet almost as quickly as it happens, the pain is gone. A guard grabs hold of his leg, and Koden is struck by a cool sensation rippling through his body. He feels better, not at his best, but still better than before.

Straightening, Koden looks down at his now empty hand and tilts his head as if confused. He begins to chant yet he does not lose himself in the weaving of the magic this time. No, Lushima's blade forces him to become very wary. As a result he keeps his eyes open and his muscles ready.

((OOC: Cast Produce Flame defensively, Concentration +12))
  #34  
Unread 22nd of August, 2003, 22:43
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
From the corner of her eye Kataji sees Koden drop to the ground. She refuses to divert her attention from Lushima, feinting and lunging in an attempt to stall his attack on the Shugenja. It works, and to her surprise Koden is back up and fighting almost instantly. Heartened by this small victory, she once again presses a strong attack. If she could get in close enough, his blade would be useless.

<OOC: Flurry of blows once again. If an attack is successful she will attempt to grapple Lushima.>
  #35  
Unread 26th of August, 2003, 04:08
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Everyone gives it their all once again, Koden casts his spell successfully. Kataji lands more hits, Xiao distracts the crippled Lushima. The general cuts him twice, and the guard spears him when he sees the opportunity.

Lushima falls to the ground. Apparently dead. He starts to shake violently and soon a dark mist appears at his mouse and nose and begins to flow out and appear in a form of a strange 3ft creature made entirely of black mist. The general turns to his guards.

"Now!" he screams, within an instant all four guards plus the closest one begin to go into a chant. They each echo off the others words and soon the air in the building is buzzing with strange sounds and words. Soon a drumming can be heard but no one inside the structure is drumming. Like a well prepared play, all five men stop at the instant but the drums continue.

A bright light washes over the entire room. All the walls shine with radient light, and the creature appears less then able to deal with it, falling to its stubby knees and crying out in a shriveled voice.

The closest guard produces a scroll and reads carefully the words engraved upon it.

"Return to your place and be punished with eternal torture!" Are the last words he speaks, in the rear of the room, the corner begins to darken, untill finally it widens and engulfs two tenths the room. Slowly the corner begins to lighten to a red. sulfur and burning embers make their ways to your noses and soon the wall opens to reveal a giant sucking vortex, beyond you can see a lake of fire, plains of red dust, and kills of the ashen remains of people.

"Begone for good!" Says the general as he charges forward and plants a firm kick on the creature sending it hurling through the vortex which closes immediately.

After a moment of silence the room returns to its normal hue.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #36  
Unread 26th of August, 2003, 10:41
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Burn, the thought seizes him. Lushima's fall and subsequent banishment has left Koden with the divine magics still rushing through his veins. The fire still dancing along his hand feels as if it dances within as well.

Burn, it calls to him, the magic, singing his name, urging him to use all his power to create a massive conflagration, glorifying the-

The what? he wonders, his mind seizing control. He shakes his head and wills the fire to vanish, ending the spell. Yet despite the shift in power, echoes of the magic still flow through him and he's shocked when a part of him hopes that they encounter trouble again soon.

He takes a deep breath, and exhales looking around the room.

"What was that," he states more than asks, looking at the corner where it had been standing just seconds prior.
  #37  
Unread 27th of August, 2003, 22:45
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
The triumph Kataji feels turns to disgust as the mist flows out of Lushima's nose, and she involuntarily steps back. Unconsciously, she maintains the proper stance and foot position for optimum balance, her training reflexively taking over. Further fighting is unnecessary as the General appears prepared for just such a thing.

She raises one hand to shield her eyes from the scorching wind that emanates from what can only be a gate to hell, clenching her other hand into an iron fist. Lushima is sucked into the void and the chamber promptly returns to normal. Koden's question echoes her own thoughts and she is curious to hear the answer.
  #38  
Unread 3rd of September, 2003, 20:52
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
The general turns and walks towards his desk ignoring Koden for a moment, waving to his guards to open tell the men outside to open the doors. He turns to the guard near him with a spear.

"Amuri, you explain, I need a drink." Chon says as he takes a seat at his desk and retrieves a pitcher of water from under it.

The guard bows at the generals command and turns to Koden and Kataji.

"It was a dark creature from another place, although only a minor one of its kind - it has caused much grief and harm." He explains. "He has done much before and we've thought to have caught him many times over but he always appears again. Perhaps now he is gone for good." The man speaks slowly.

He takes a breath and leans on his spear shaft.

"Each time, we try a new spell to remove him. Each time the spell is more powerful and more potent in nature, but so far each time he has returned." The man sighs. "The creature can turn to mist and posses a host, usually the host is killed first because when possesed the host retains memory and some control. However because death is required for this method. The creature can only stay in one host for a few days..."

He turns to the general who is now drinking himself a storm.

"...Otherwise a noticable stench and rotting appearance is identified. Lushima, or whoever that spy was, has been dead for four days." The man concludes, pointing to Lushima's corpse.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #39  
Unread 5th of September, 2003, 03:28
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
"Fascinating." It's the only word Koden can say after hearing such a tale. The very thought of it, a spirit of some sort, traveling from host to host.

"What agenda does it have?" He asks, attempting to figure out why it would continually be a thorn in the general's side. "The soul of an enemy of Wu?"

Still, doubt pulls at his mind, reminding him of something. Despite the sense of finality carried by the ceremony, it is likely only temporary. This means It could return, in any form, eager to strike at those that foiled its plans. Koden suspected It wouldn't soon forget who was involved.

"How long before it returns, normally?" He asks, before fixing his eyes on Teto, "And what of her? What part did she have to play with this beast."
  #40  
Unread 5th of September, 2003, 04:48
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
"As for your first question, we are not sure what its agenda is. It might be a curse, someone causing trouble for us, or a magical abnormality which allows the creature to return." He says. "For your second question, we can answer with certainty. It's always a year apart, and its always first recognised by the mysterious death of someone around this time of year."

The man pauses, and observes Teto as two guards help her stand.

"She is just someone involved. We watched her and she proves no evil will, other then a bitter personality. I'll speak freely, the creature has three emotional qualities that we know of. The first is greed, followed by anger or vengence, and finally lust. We're just lucky it can't reproduce its true form."

The man says hinting at the fact Teto and what she must have thought was Lushima were alot closer then they should have been. Perhaps, a bed sheet too close.

"As it turns out, this time the creature choose a host we already had our eye on. Lushima was a spy, and not an invited guest as you are Koden." The man says naming Koden by name. "Which reminds me, Kataji." He says turning his attention to the women.

"We shall request a word with you once we've cleaned up in here." He leans closer and whispers. "Don't worry, your actions here bode well for you."
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #41  
Unread 5th of September, 2003, 05:36
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Kataji listens with concern to the tale that the general's aide tells. A small wrinkle forms between her brows as she considers the creature and it's many forms.

"Do you know it's purpose? It returns every year, you say. Does it attempt the same thing each time, or different things? If so, are those things all somehow related?"

Her face smooths as the general addresses her, once more hiding any emotion. She bows her head to him and considers his words, unsure of what it meant for her.
  #42  
Unread 11th of September, 2003, 03:02
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
"Despite its punuality, its as random as the wind." The man replies. "Unfortunately we always end up with a few deaths though, but it never has tried to do anything but cause trouble."

The general finishes his water, and speaks up.

"I suggest you both return to your quarters and freshen up before returning here." He remarks at Koden's bloodied knee. "I too need a fix up time." He latches eyes with Xiao.

"I want a friendly word with you.. uh... what is your name?" He asks her.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #43  
Unread 12th of September, 2003, 03:09
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
"By your leave, General," Koden bows and makes his way out of the room. The man was right, a bath, some food, and a good tailor would have him feeling right again.

Threading his way through the halls, the shugenja returns to his quarters.
  #44  
Unread 16th of September, 2003, 02:56
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Kataji bows deeply to the general, though she remains silent. Within, she is pleased by his words to her - perhaps her mission here would not be fruitless after all. Outwardly, she retains the detached courtesy that Koden had become used to but as the general addresses Xiao her curiousity is piqued. She trails quietly after Koden, her thoughts suddenly occupied by the mysterious stranger.
  #45  
Unread 18th of September, 2003, 04:50
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
The 'explanation' freezes Xiao to the bone.
A greedy vengeful spirit coming back from the Nine Hells every year... He will remember.
She had never cared much for spirits and ghosts not having any ancestors of her own, but in this moment she really whished she had.

Master Li, you would have known what to do. If you are able to touch this world now, remember me.

The general's question startles her out of her thoughts.

" My name is Xiao Hu, Your Excellence", bowing deeply, she sees the general's thoughts in his eyes
No family name, no ancestors, a nobody. Or has she imagined it?
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #46  
Unread 18th of September, 2003, 12:01
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
As Koden and Kataji leave, the general signals to Xiao to be seated. The guard from the room walks behind the general and examins what remains of his wound.

"It's a deep one, Sir. This might hurt a bit." The man says.
"No more then usual I imagine." The general says to the man, before turning to the Wei women infront of him.

"I have a feEeeeeewwwww! Questions for you." He says, almost losing his composure in the pain of having his wound stictched closed.

"The first few involves you, who you are. Where you came from, who you smashed through our roof. Who the dead man was with you." He pauses for a moment and grimaces as the man behind him continues to stictch.

"I will then ask more questions of you, I am sure." The man waits for Xiao's reply.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #47  
Unread 24th of September, 2003, 03:42
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Head still bowed, Xiao Hu answers the general without looking at him, as befits the lowly born in the presence of their betters.

"I am a travelling actor, M'lord I was brought here by foul magic, while I was fighting a warlock in Pai San.
I remember a great wind blowing me away, and falling...

and then I found myself under custody."

Risking an upward glance she continues : " I have...unfinished businness in Pai San, M'lord and, by your leave, I wish only to go back there."
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #48  
Unread 28th of September, 2003, 23:01
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
The man scratches his chin and ponders for a while.

"I have no reason to suspect that what you say is anything less of the truth - your near fatal entrance would be folly if you were a spy or assasin, and you would have made moves to escape by now if you were either." He sighs.

"It is unfortunate that I cannot lend you men on your expidition, with all that is going on here we need more men then we have available - however..." The general leans forward as though he has struck a ingenius thought. "...I might have a solution to your problem, and my own problems."

The general continues to explain his plan to Xiao waiting for Koden and Kataji to return to his chambers as he requested.

Maeko: Check your PM's
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #49  
Unread 1st of October, 2003, 03:41
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Xiao Hu listens attentively to the general's proposal, in truth it is more generous that she expected.
When the officer finishes speaking she bows again, then raises her hands at eye level, left fist wrapped in right hand.

" It will be as you say, M'lord."
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #50  
Unread 6th of October, 2003, 18:02
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Later that afternoon the two companions return as requested, having bathed, and seen to their wounds at the expence of the Wu Kingdom.

"I'm glad all of you are here." The General says as he allows the trio to take a seat. "First I must introduce you, Kataji, Koden, this is Xiao. A traveling actor from the Shu Kingdom." He points towards Xiao. "Xiao, this is Koden and Kataji of the young Island province across the sea to our east." The general inturn introduces Koden and Kataji individually.

"First, I must apologise for calling you here, I have a few issues to disciuss and you must give me a moment now and then to make sure there is no understanding." The general takes a deep breath. "For you help with the incident today, I must thank all three of you. This has earned you some favour on my part. I have given Koden the trade agreement he sought, I have promised to help Xiao in her problems, and I have forgiven Kataji for her lies."

There is a strange sense in the air as Xiao and Koden both look at Kataji who looks a little anxious at the words.

"In our investigation for Lushima, certain facts emerged." The general speaks in a low voice. "Kataji was never an invited guest, and so I must assume her mission here was something more then trade. Spying perhaps, or something more devious - I don't dare ask, but I have forgiven it in either case because of deeds performed."

"My request to Kataji is as follows; Leave the city. Do not return - my favour only spreads so far and it is not safe to loiter here. If you do not leave, you will be forcably and publically expelled." The General lets the fact sit on the table for a moment. "I have a further request, although it is asking much. Xiao is having a bad week. I'll let her explain herself, but I must ask you - both of you - to listen and concider her words. I can't help her, but you two are more then qualified to assist her." He pauses and takes a sip of water.

"Concider it a further exploration of our culture, and an increase in your personal knowledge and experience in the field. Although it is not without rewards, likewise the journey is no doubt plagued with danger." The general concludes and allows Xiao to explain personally to the people next to her about the past few days and her need for help.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren