Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > marcoasalazarm's Games > CORELINE

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 30th of November, 2010, 02:59
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
It takes Nancy about a good 10 seconds to get Gerald's sputtering. She then chuckles. And then she guffaws. And then she plainly starts laughing, slapping the table and crying from it.

It takes a minute or so to compose herself.

'Needed that.', she says coughing a couple of times and taking some of the tea. 'Well.... interesting proposition, that. Haven't had anybody just walk up to me and say 'I want to kill Freddy' before.'
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 30th of November, 2010, 11:26
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald isn't entirely sure how to respond to that. "It's not like I want his head as a trophy or something... I just, ya know. He's an evil sadistic murdering bastard that shouldn't exist. Anyway, er, what were you doing?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 2nd of December, 2010, 06:31
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'Not much. Just trying not to fall asleep.', says Nancy. 'You understand why.' She takes another look at the empty inhaler on the table and says a tinny: 'need a refill...' before looking back at Gerald.

'Just lemme finish my tea and I'll be ready to go.'
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 2nd of December, 2010, 16:51
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald nods and takes a seat. "Um..." He glances at the inhaler. He didn't know much about the drug's side effects but they couldn't be good. If nothing else the sleep deprivation alone would end up killing her even if Freddy didn't. "Um, this is Laurie... Strode. She's got a seemingly unkillable monster trying to murder her too, but he can't kill you in your dreams... Course he can kill you outside of them... Uh, by the way, do you know anyone around here?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 5th of December, 2010, 09:21
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'No. Don't know anyone. After Freddy killed them all, I just... started running... and here I am.', says Nancy.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 5th of December, 2010, 17:26
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"...Oh... um... Sorry." Gerald mutters sheepishly. Trying to change to a less horrible subject he continues. "Hm,we ought to get a dreamcatcher."

Things certainly hadn't turned out how he'd expected. He had just been passing through, on his mission towards camp crystal lake, and in this seemingly insignificant little Kansas town there were two final girls. He wasn't sure what it meant. He really should be recording this, but people always stared at him when he started monologuing in public. Well in any case he needed something magic now. Maybe he should ask the diner staff. "Um, hey Laurie. I just thought of something. Can you stay with Nancy and make sure she doesn't fall asleep? I gotta ask a question." He heads over to the counter and tries to call attention to himself. "Uh, excuse me... Hey! Yeah, hi. Hey d'you know of any diviners aren't here? I mean, you know, people who find stuff and people using magic?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 7th of December, 2010, 08:25
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
Strode looks at Nancy and then makes a nod. 'Sure, I'll stay with her.'

As for Gerald, the waitress walks up to him and makes a 'yeah?', followed by: 'Well, we've got some mages 'round here. Not sure what kinda magic they use, tho'. There's one that sells his services on the gas station. Cheap, comes here come lunch hour and makes a killing with his gadzooks."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 7th of December, 2010, 09:49
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Thanks." Gerald returns to his two new companions with the news. "I had an idea. If we're going to take out your monsters we gotta be proactive about it. They expect you to run and hide, and that puts things on their terms. Only problem is, we can't hunt them down unless we know where they are, which is why I think we need to find a magic user or a psychic or something who can find them for us. At least Michael. While we're at it maybe they can find us someone who can help us with Freddy. If nothing else, maybe we'll find some potential victims before they do. There's a guy who takes lunch here but apparently we can find him hawking his services by the gas station... Oh yeah, and you ought to get a dream catcher Nancy."

He finally finishes and looks between the two women expectantly.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 9th of December, 2010, 05:05
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'Heah. Dream catcher. Good idea.', says Nancy before slapping herself into more awareness. 'Taking the fight to them... ain't something I really tried before. So what the hell not? Better to die than get killed. And stop them from doing bad things to other people.'

'Yeah. At least we'll know if they're nearby so we can run or clear their path.' Strode picks up the inhaler and then reads aloud: 'What's 'Long Haul', anycase?'

'A good investment when you're running and can't stop to rest your head.', says Nancy.

As for the gas station... the thing is as dillapidated as the rest of the town. It has three pumps and a main building/cashier/mini-store/bathroom/only remaining roof.

Last edited by marcoasalazarm; 9th of December, 2010 at 05:08.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 9th of December, 2010, 06:18
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald was more than a bit unnerved by the prospect of someone taking such a drug. Especially since it's side effects were a surefire way to get killed by someone who could only harm you in your dreams. "You-... you didn't take that yet did you? Did they tell you that when it wears off you go pretty much comatose for a while?"

As they arrive at the gas station Gerald immediately heads towards the main building, keeping an eye out for the shifty character they'd come to meet as his internal monologue shifts on. "I'd have preferred to deal with someone with a reputation that didn't include hawking his services at run down gas stations, but lives were on the line, and I didn't have time to be choosy."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 11th of December, 2010, 07:50
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
"Yeah, but it's a coma without a REM stage. He can't get me if I can't dream.", says Nancy.

As for the mage, Gerald is told to look on the back of the store, and sure enough, there is a tiny table by a corner on the back, and behind it there's a man on a ratty overcoat, doing juggling... with what looks like telekinesis.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 11th of December, 2010, 16:38
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Oh... well... that's good then." Gerald mutters sheepishly.

Approaching the man behind the gas station he speaks up, trying to gain his attention. "Uh... Hello. I was told you might be able to help us. We're looking for some people, and we don't have time to go looking around."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 14th of December, 2010, 03:12
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)



The man stops his telekinetic juggling and pockets the balls, looking at Gerald.

'Sure.', he says. 'I can do tracking magic. I'm gonna need a very good description of the guys or personal objects. Objects are better, you know, with the lot of folks out there with the same description-unless they're the only versions of them folks around. As for the price.... well, let's see what's your case 'fore that, eh?'
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 14th of December, 2010, 06:06
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald nods, to the strange portly looking man. He didn't look like someone who'd have magic powers and his internal monologue struggled to come up with some sort of dark and bitter metaphor for his thoughts on the situation. Maybe he should test him first. He wasn't entirely sure how though. Then an idea struck him. "I need you to find a man named Gerald Brooks. I've got his keys if it helps, and he drives an Acura 3.2 TL" He pulls out his own keys and holds them out for the man to examine.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 16th of December, 2010, 10:49
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
The magician grabs the keys off Gerald's hand and looks them over, muttering something under his breath as he does. There is no glow on his hands and eyes or anything like that.

"Well, two things. One is that the Accura is that way.' he says, pointing in the direction of the hotel's parking lot. 'about 500 yards away.

Second thing:' , he adds, looking at Gerald. 'I guess I have just met you, Mr. Brooks. Ishmael Ingram, at your service."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 16th of December, 2010, 13:05
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
A bit surprised by how quickly and discreetly he'd managed to come up with an answer, it's a moment before Gerald responds. "Uh, wow, that was pretty good. If you can do that just as well with photographs you've got our business. I've got several pictures on my phone here..." Gerald takes out his cell phone once again and show's the man photographs of both Freddy and Michael, as well as pictures of several victims he's already shown to various people with no success. "I don't want to rush you, but these two are psychotic mass murderers, so we'd like to find them before they find anyone else."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 19th of December, 2010 at 09:38. Reason: "Garland"? That was a weird typo.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 19th of December, 2010, 09:30
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
Ingram looks at the pictures and, quite obviously, blanches a little. Anybody who knows anything about THEM knows that it's not a good thing being anywhere near him.

However, Ingram coughes a couple of times and composes himself, saying: 'Of course. It shall not be a problem.

Gonna need to hold the phone, by the way. It's part of the focus.'
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 19th of December, 2010, 09:41
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald hands over the phone without hesitation. He figured he'd have to hold it or something anyway. "Sure thing. Here you go.... What's with the face?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 20th of December, 2010, 18:32
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'Well.... things a man hears, you know. What happens in places like New Jersey... men with hockey masks and machetes that you need artillery to stop... or that kill you in your dreams... or that are nothing but a killer shape.', says Ingram. 'Just to say that, if we manage to stop these guys, well, that's a favor for humanity.'

Ingram grabs the phone and then starts mumbling under his breath. After a moment, he raises his arm and points northward.

'The both of them... I feel them over there. In the distance.', the magician says, and then adds: 'God, they're so... horrible. They are nothing but pure evil. Machines... no. Not even machines are this insane.'
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 20th of December, 2010, 20:21
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Now we had a direction, and a a distance, sort of. Which was about as useful as a flame thrower in a tenement fire." Gerald's internal monologue grumbles. "Uhm, well that's good to know but... do you think you could locate any likely victims? It'd be best if we got to them before those freaks did... Also, if you know anyone that can fight dream monsters well, that'd be really helpful."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 21st of December, 2010, 10:54
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'The Dream Plane is something that can be reached with ease... the ritual takes time, of course, but I already have all the elements. Probably one half hour, at the most. The monsters of the Dream Plane are also... tricky... for the most part, but some you can take out with conventional firepower-THAT I know.', says Ingram.

'And as for 'likely victims', it depends. Because, yeah, I feel them in the distance. But I also feel the direction of their movements.

And they're coming towards here.'
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 21st of December, 2010, 11:16
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald nods, seemingly unconcerned. "They're coming after Nancy and Laurie." He say's, sweeping his arm out behind him to the two young women. "For some reason they're obsessed with them... Well Michael is obsessed with Laurie, and Freddy with Nancy. Otherwise their MO seems to be to randomly target people in their teens and early 20s who don't practice 'good christian values'. You know, like, people who have sex before marriage and stuff. But they aren't actually religious as far as I can tell. Fighting Michael should be straightforward enough. Just hack him to pieces and keep them apart, like the Judge or something. Freddy on the other hand only appears in dreams, so while we're awake we at least have time to figure out how to off him without having to worry about him getting at us. The question is how to do it. Which we could use your help with." He glances back at the girls. "So... now we know what direction they're in, I guess we should probably try to track them down before they hurt anyone. Are you guys ok with that?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 25th of December, 2010, 12:21
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
Laurie and Nancy are between running (now knowing where the bad guys are coming from) and taking a stand (they are pretty much sick).

Strode is playing with the shotgun now. "I'm okay with that. Dibs on the head."

As for Nancy, she says: "Anything for a good night's sleep again."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 25th of December, 2010, 17:52
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
Gerald nods. "Hey, if you die I promise I'll find some magic person to bring you back." He reassures them confidently.

"Mr. Ingram... Can you help us deal with Freddy then?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 29th of December, 2010, 06:44
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2539
Posts: 131 (0.03 per day)
'Gimme a moment to get what I need for the incantation. If you people require to go get additional firepower.... now would be a good time.', says Ingram.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren