Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > marcoasalazarm's Games > CORELINE

Unread 10th of November, 2010, 23:05
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #2780
Ooc

Sorry for taking your GM prerogative to create the ooc thread but we don't have one and I wanted to ask an OOC question... So... yeah....

I know I didn't state it in equipment list, but photographs aren't really a standard item... and I didn't think of it until now. Can Gerald have some pics of slasher flick characters to use as an example of clothing styles and whatnot? It seems like something he'd have a lot of use for with "provocatively dressed" being a significantly more common descriptor after the whole anime character invasion and all.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Unread 12th of November, 2010, 01:33
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #2539
Yeah, sure, he can have some pictures on him. Maybe on the cell phone's memory, so as to not take space.

Although Polaroids and the like have no Weight and are... well, Small objects.
Unread 12th of November, 2010, 01:47
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Ok, cool. My post is edited to include the showing of the phone pics.

Unread 19th of November, 2010, 15:31
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I've been wondering... Just how developed does a character have to have been to be brought into reality by the virus? I mean, what about extras? Or in video games, there are main, and secondary characters, but then there are also characters who are only slightly developed and have little screen time. Like say in Oblivion, all those NPCs who're part of one single quest (that usually involves you killing them), and then there are the hundreds of clones which are just there to be mass murdered by you... Did they become normal people? Did the hordes of clone enemies all become real people or did only one of each distinct enemy model become real? What about games where they actually are clones in the story rather than that just being a result of a finite art budget and a deadline?

Another thing... So Laurie has apparently escaped from her genre. While in the movies she'd likely still be struggling to live a normal life after having finally killed off Michael for good until he comes back again, here she's taken to carrying around a big gun. And she's still closer to the age she was in the first two films than in H20.

Unread 20th of November, 2010, 07:58
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

A character might have had been extremely well-developed or might have been an 'extra'... as long as someone imagined the character, wrote him, drew him, or whatever, the character now exists somewhere-be in Coreline, on the Sol System, outside of the Sol System, or the multiverse. The character now just... exists.

As for the Alternate of Laurie... the specifics of her 'timeline' are still unknown, but she's definitely from some point between the first two movies and H20 (and she knows that Michael (like other slashers) just *won't die*). One thing about this setting is that, well... people change. Weirdly.
Unread 20th of November, 2010, 10:20
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I suppose I was sort of betting on that with my character in the first place in that his intervention would actually stop those characters who always seem to get slaughtered in slasher flicks from dying. Hm.

I wonder how many Jesus Christs there are. I mean wheather or not you believe in him, someone somewhere probably created a version they believed was fiction. Like say, the one from South Park.

Unread 5th of January, 2011, 16:46
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I'm kind of unsure about Gerald's history at the moment. I was thinking he just sort of took up this crusade on a whim, but he'd need to have trained quite a bit to be as good as he is with a lightsaber without any force powers. Obviously his idea of what he was going to do; rescue the promiscuous and debaucherous female characters who always get slaughtered in slasher flicks isn't working out quite as planned... as it seems that the game is set clearly post apocalypse rather than mid apocalypse and anyone who was in immediate danger is likely dead already. I guess he just didn't think of that part.

Unread 6th of January, 2011, 08:08
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

There are still a lot of people who require his services, a lot of people who wander into the little piece of New Jersey that Jason Voorhees calls 'home' and suffer for it, that go to sleep and die at Freddy's hands, and that simply tick off one guy who has too much madness on his mind and no way to release it but violence.

So... maybe not 'Final Girls', you know, in the way that it fits the Slasher Flick cliche at least 100%), but there's still Slashers to kill.

And as for lightsaber training... well, I would be glad to add an NPC to act as his mentor (you know, since mentors are always good NPCs) at some point.

One question (and this is important)... what style do you think Gerald would know?
Unread 6th of January, 2011, 13:58
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Hoo.. That's a tough one... Especially since I don't actually know which styles are which. Well I figure he'd be a traditionalist... So it'd probably be the same that Luke Skywalker uses, but at the same time it would probably focus on quickly dismembering a slower foe.

It's be cool to have a mentor NPC knocking around somewhere.

I did have it in mind that he was in his current location on his way towards Camp Crystal lake, so hopefully he ends up there eventually.

Last edited by Shoelip; 6th of January, 2011 at 14:03.
Unread 9th of January, 2011, 09:00
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat
Well, if it helps... not to say that Gerald would know every move on the style, of course. But once you're used to not get yourself cleaved in half by your own saber in a specific way, then it sticks.

As for what Skywalker (Luke) packs, it is (mostly) this style: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So
Unread 18th of January, 2011, 19:34
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I am at a loss for words sir. Well I'm sure I'll figure out how to react to that eventually but uh... sorry if I take a bit longer than usual.

Unread 21st of January, 2011, 21:04
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Feel free to force Boba Fett mouse on Gerald if you really like the idea. I'm sort of neutral about it, but Gerald obviously isn't.

Unread 22nd of January, 2011, 04:06
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Well... let us toy around before doing that.

BTW, since it's your game as much as mine, a question: what are your fandoms?

I guess horror flicks and Star Wars are two of them, but any others you'd like to see?
Unread 23rd of January, 2011, 09:06
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Well I'm not a big fan of horror flicks. That's why I designed my character to be trying to buck their tropes. But yeah I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan. Mostly the Original Trilogy.

I like all sorts of anime too. Some of my favorites though are Planetes (not sure how that could work within a gameplay context, especially since it's realistic near furture take on space travel means that any other sci fi fiction vastly outstrips it. I also like Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and Fullmetal Alchemist, Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop, Eureka Seven... Those are all the ones that come to mind though I've watched others I've liked that just haven't stood out as much. Oh yeah, and Evangelion, but not like some EVA fans who just keep rebuying it or who have a fetish for the female characters. If you're going to objectify hot women that way anyway, I don't really see why you should discriminate.

I'm a LotR fan, the books, and then the movies, and I really liked the Landover series by Terry Brooks. Obviously I'm a fan of PnP RPGs, I've played D&D 3.5 a lot and a little of 2E and 4E. Also Star Wars d20 and some older version, BESM, GURPS, MekTon, Old WoD. The main thing I'm into is video games. Specifically computer games, but I play console games too. Course there's things that would just not be very easily representable in this setting I think, like Dwarf Fortress... Unlimited procedurally generated worlds where pretty much everyone and everything is psychotic. I always thought the free roaming style of Morrowind and Oblivion with all sorts of populated places to explore would be a lot more interesting if you could do something besides just killing almost everyone you come across in the wilderness. I really liked Alpha Protocol, even though a lot of people didn't. I really disliked Oblivion even though a lot of people liked it. I don't really play Bioware games anymore since I feel they hit their peek with BG2. On the topic of CRPGs I really loved Fallout one and two, and Planescape Torment as well. Moving on to JRPGs I'm not a huge Fan of any of the Final Fantasy games, but I really loved Xenosaga, though I still haven't finished Episode 3. I'm also a fan of the Suikoden series though I've only gotten to finish number 5, and I tried to play Persona 3 and really liked the characters and plot but the constant grindy gameplay drove me away. I've been playing Fallout New Vegas lately and been enjoying it. Still so very combat focussed, with tons of meaningless fights that're only there to give you more XP though.

My current obsession I guess is Shores of Hazeron, which you've probably never heard of and wouldn't really fit this setting too well anyway due to it's customizable nature but if you're interested look up Hazeron.com. I could use some minions in my interplanetary empire.

I guess I'm kind of rambling. It's kind of a hard question to answer because I'm a fan of a lot of things. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Joss Whedon.

Also, I sort of like American comic books. Not a huge fan, or a subscriber, but I read trade paperbacks sometimes.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I like Manga too. I've read Battle Angel Alita, Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, Yotsuba&, Vagabond, Trigun Maximum... I used to read Naruto but I kind of got bored of it.

Also I have the Slasher Flick RPG from spectrum games, but it's not easy to find anyone to play that with so I've only ever managed a short lived online game.

I personally kind of like the idea of not having a bunch of really famous characters (or horrible vivisection's thereof) as my allies. Relatively obscure characters or those who didn't really get much development leave more room for well... development.

Last edited by Shoelip; 23rd of January, 2011 at 16:38.
Unread 6th of February, 2011, 19:26
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Huh, I had to look "Vincent Rally" up.

Yeah... That's what I got from the way she said her name.... So I guess that'll be what Gerald calls her until he's corrected.

Unread 7th of February, 2011, 00:08
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Actually, ot would be 'Vincent, Rally.' The girl likes to give her last name first... or at least she does when I write her.

Real name's 'Irene'. She's from a manga series called 'Gunsmith Cats'.

Personal opinion: if you value your thumbs, you reaaaalllly don't wanna tick her off.
Unread 7th of February, 2011, 06:23
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Yeah, that's what I looked up. I had just never heard of her. It's cool though. Like I said, it's more interesting to meet characters I don't know all about or characters that weren't main characters in anything. I'm curious, since I've told you mine, what are your "fandoms"?

EDIT: Er... Hm... This is awkward. I don't seem to have a wealth bonus on my sheet... Well I suppose it's fairly safe to assume Gerald doesn't have 1000 dollars on him at the moment and won't in the near furture anyway so I guess it's not that huge of a problem.

Last edited by Shoelip; 7th of February, 2011 at 06:29.
Unread 18th of February, 2011, 09:18
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

So I'm curious, what stuff are you interested in? What are your fandoms?

Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 00:26
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I hope Gerald's agreeing with the bikers hasn't taken you by surprise to the point of giving you writer's block. BTW, happy 5th anniversary of ORPing.

Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 08:10
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Actually, I have been sick... and a little of surprise, too.

And thanks.
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 08:40
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon. Didn't want to rush you. I was just afraid you might have lost interest.

Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 10:20
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Do you expect me to roll sense motive checks? I don't mind having you do it if since it kind of makes it hard to roleplay when I roll a one and you tell me the person is trustworthy. :p

Unread 28th of March, 2011, 20:43
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

So, if you don't mind me asking, how's life?

Unread 29th of March, 2011, 11:16
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Life.... work's getting a mite harder. Spring Break and other things are mounting up. I also work Graveyard Shift at my job, so that stacks on top, too.
Unread 30th of March, 2011, 09:02
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Oog, graveyard shift. Well don't let the blood sucking fiends get you down. You're making the world safe for the living. :p