Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > Through the Wicked Thorns

Unread 9th of August, 2010, 13:21
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7487
I think I'll stick with the Autumn Court, then. Going downstairs to work on this now; thanks for helping me out Cat.

Unread 9th of August, 2010, 16:52
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
Another Court's fine. So long as you've got reason to work with the Motley (which you have, given the disappearances), then it's all good, and easy to move into the story.

When your sheet is done, get it up in the Player's Area, and I'll privatise it and check it over. Be sure to add the Freehold Pledge to your "Pledges" entry; if you're a part of the Motley -- not sure what you guys want to do there -- add that Pledge to your Pledges too.

If Croaker's joining now, I'll delay my initial post until he's gotten me his sheet, and the details of your Motley Hollow are done.
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 00:37
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
I have no issues with him being in the Motley.
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 09:33
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

I think it makes sense for me to have not contributed to the Hollow, right? Let's say I'm just getting into Manchester and moving into the Hollow.

For what reason, though? Maybe you guys requested a dream scholar from the Autumn Court of greater England?

Unread 10th of August, 2010, 09:55
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #1407
I don't see us requesting anyone in particular. It might have to be something more specific that binds us together - the interest in discovering the whereabouts of missing Lost might be a better tie in.
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 10:10
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
If you just ended up in Manchester, then you could have come to the Hollow in the "We direct all homeless fae to this one Hollow" method.

If you had a purpose, then maybe you could make a tie to Jillian? Or you could be investigating the missing Lost as we are, and shown yourself a stand up guy, so we Motley'd you.
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 10:16
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

Ah, there we go. Thinking his knowledge may have a use--and being quite tired of sitting around researching things in London for the Autumn Court--he came to Manchester to help find the missing Fae.

I'm thinking of giving him the College of Worms entitlement. His Durance was long and frightening, and he has almost no memory of his time before being changed. After coming back, he threw his academic focus into learning everything he could about Arcadia, the Hedge, and oneiromancy, eventually attracting the attention of a College mentor. After a mere year in apprenticeship, he gained the entitlement.

Unread 10th of August, 2010, 21:06
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Just a quick note Coraker: the Motley currently has someone who's into oneiromancy, so your concepts might clash.

I've got your initial sheet, by the way; I'll endevour to look it over tonight or tomorrow. Everyone else keep discussing your Motley. I'll try not to delay the game too much longer.
Unread 11th of August, 2010, 09:30
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Croaker, hopefully your changling has at least SOME memory of his time before his Durance, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to make it back through the Thorns. It's thematically impossible to find one's way back unless you are guided by a memory.
Unread 11th of August, 2010, 17:11
Gargulec
Skeleton

Member: #8175
Location: These mist covered mountains are the home for me now
Or extraordinarily lucky- or helped by other Fae, and least as far as I remember.

"And now, whats going to happen to us without barbarians?
They were, those people, a kind of solution."

Constantine P. Cavafy
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 00:07
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

He would know something of his time in Arcadia, but very little. What guides a Changeling back usually isn't his Durance, but memories of his life before being taken by the Fae. This is why very young children aren't applicable for play -- their memories of their home, their real home, aren't strong enough to allow them to escape.

Croaker: I'm still waiting on your sheet. If you're almost done, FPM me when it's up and I'll make it private and look it over; if you're going to take a while getting it all put together, please let me know here so that I can begin the game for the other players.

Sent an FPM to Croaker - I'm giving him until Sunday evening to get his stuff up, otherwise I begin with just you three. Try to get any OOC stuff sorted before then.

I'll be looking to get my opening post up sometime tomorrow, assuming Croaker doesn't get back to me. If he does, then I'll get his sheet okayed, and then resume with the postage.

Apologises for the wait, guys.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 16th of August, 2010 at 21:34.
Unread 16th of August, 2010, 21:32
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Heard from Croaker, and he's been busy; I've started on the opening post, and will aim to get it up before I head off to work. Failing that, I'll try to get it up tomorrow morning before my Star Wars update.
Unread 21st of August, 2010, 20:34
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Due to an increased work-load guys, I'm going to have to delay my forum-work until tomorrow at the earliest, or the day after at the latest. Sorry for the wait folks; hope to return to normal soon.

Addendum: Is a little back-and-forth planned here, or are you all waiting on me for something?
Unread 21st of August, 2010, 21:53
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

I was waiting for us to move on, but I can have a small back and forth to kill the time maybe. When you do have time to post, you get my approval to move forward.
Unread 22nd of August, 2010, 07:05
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Going to not be posting for a bit, a week at least. Death in the family that needs tending to...
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 04:36
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

No worries AoM, take all the time you need. My condolansces, for what it's worth.

Everyone else feel free to start up some back and forth; this is my giving you a chance to establish the Motley and their interactions with one another. You can also detail your journey from the Hollow to the Trafford Center, after which I'll move you on.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 07:12
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Everyone, sorry to mess up, but I misjudged my work-load, and won't be able to get anything game-wise done until tomorrow at the earliest. I'll aim to get things back on-track and running against as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Addendum: Are we expecting more from Gargulec?
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 20:31
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Okay, it looks like everyone was right and I was wrong. My work load was more than I could handle when combined with so much real life activities, and thus I find myself having to consider dropping some games in order to maintain a presence on this site of any kind.

I love Changeling, and recognise the amount of effort you all have put into making your characters, but Through the Wicked Thorns is the newest of my running games (Ghostbusters hasn't even gotten far enough to count amongst them), so it's going to have to be one of the games I put over for deletion.

To all those involved in the game, I say, once again, a heartfelt sorry for wasting your time, but also a thank you for your efforts in keeping the game going up until now. It's been fun.

I'm going to wait until Sunday before I put the request to BRR or Itches to delete the forum. Thanks for your time guys, and all the best.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 22:36
Gargulec
Skeleton

Member: #8175
Location: These mist covered mountains are the home for me now
Oh... meh. Shame, really.
Well, I understand.

"And now, whats going to happen to us without barbarians?
They were, those people, a kind of solution."

Constantine P. Cavafy
Unread 27th of August, 2010, 05:39
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
Dang. And I had a spiffy concept all worked up.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 29th of August, 2010, 20:11
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Gah. Two games dead when I get back. Oh well, suppose it's for the best.