Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > elmer_jok's Games > Into the Wilds > Resources

Closed Thread
Unread 10th of July, 2009, 06:31
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Member: #1746
Prestige and Mastery Classes

This is just a preview of my changes and in no way complete or concrete yet.

My thoughts on prestige classes is to split them into two types. One type will be more readily available at lower levels and have lower requirements and the other will be a higher level thing with stiffer requirements (and harder to attain requirements).

Prestige Classes

All prestige classes will be designed so that characters will be able to work into them by 6th level if the right requirements are satisfied. Those that multiclass and deviate from their main calling (or take the wrong feats or skills) may have a harder or easier time qualifying for a particular prestige class depending up the requirements and nature of the role. NPC's of these prestige classes will still be rare in the game world compaired to those of regular classes, but not nearly as rare as those with levels in a mastery class. Prestige classes will typically have 5 levels, but sometimes less. They will not however have more than 5 levels. Most of these classes will be very similar to those already found in available materials, although the main purpose of redesigning them is to help bring out the flavor of my campaign and as such I will be making small changes here and there to make them 'fit' the game world.

Mastery Classes

All mastery classes will be designed so that characters will be able to work into them by 11th level if the right requirements are satisfied. Those that multiclass and deviate from their main calling (or take the wrong feats or skills) may have a harder or easier time qualifying for a particular mastery class depending up the requirements and nature of the role. NPC's of these mastery classes will be very rare if not unknown completely to the masses and PC's alike. Mastery classes will typically have 10 levels, but sometimes less. They will not however have less than 6 levels or more than 10 levels. Some of these classes will be very similar to those already found in available materials, although the main purpose of redesigning them is to help bring out the flavor of my campaign and as such I will be making small changes here and there to make them 'fit' the game world.

Last edited by elmer_jok; 10th of July, 2009 at 06:44.
Closed Thread