Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 7th of December, 2007, 20:20
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind smiled as Stran extended out his arm at her, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time wash over her. Despite being a Lunar, similar to Tiden and Gorthas, beings whose very existence seemed to stem from the wilderness around them, Stran wasn't like that. Indeed, he seemed to be a bastion of civility and civilization out here in the wilderness.

She reached out and pulled on his arm, hooking it through her own. "Meaning you no offense Stran, but where I come from," she said, "the women are supposed to escort the men." She still had a mischievous smirk to her grin and starting walking through the forest at a slow walk towards where she had agreed to meet up with everyone. She spoke to him of her time with Nanaku, answering his questions when he asked but mostly just enjoying this chance to have a nice conversation.

It was almost surreal walking through the forest like this, her arm interlocked with this handsome gentleman. For the first time in far too long there were no pressing concerns weighing on her, and even though she was eager to meet up with everyone again she was enjoying the leisurely stroll too much to increase its pace.

Eventually though time passed and she knew she needed to get moving. "Tell me Stran of Elegant Rust," she said, interrupting their conversation. "Do you have any pressing engagements, or would you like to accompany me somewhere? I agreed to meet my companions today, and I must begin heading there soon, but I would greatly enjoy your company for the rest of this trip."
  #27  
Unread 8th of December, 2007, 12:59
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Stran kind of chuckled and gave her his arm instead. Strong willed Eastern women. Stran could appreciate them, certainly. He was quite content to stroll through the forest and ask his questions At mention of her friends, he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh my, why I would love to travel with you, milady. As it is I've fallen somewhat out of news and have lost sight of my previous goals. Maybe with your group I could find new ones. Lead on."
  #28  
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 02:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tiden lunges forward like lightning, Shaedra intuitively ducking aside in response. The Full Moon's forehead glances the corner Dawn Caste's armor, knocking her backward slightly. While Shaedra is unhurt, it's a sudden reminder of Tiden's speed.

Kheervis shifts uncomfortably from the sidelines. Shaedra had arrived just minutes before and already there was fighting. He worries inwardly about this woman of whom he has become so fond of, though he dares not interfere with a feud between the Exalted. Suddenly, for the first time in the past year, Kheervis feels something familiar, and a rush of relief and joy fills him up inside.

Sylvia...

His eyes focus on Tiden and Shaedra, willing them to be seen by another.

[Tiden: Headbut: 5 successes vs DDV5 <failure>]
[Tiden: Throw: 1 success vs DDV4 <failure>]


Last edited by Erendiox; 13th of December, 2007 at 15:22.
  #29  
Unread 19th of December, 2007, 02:40
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Tick 6

Shaedra ducked and spun out of the way of Tiden's attack, feeling a slight impact from Tiden as she barely underestimated his speed.

"By the Unconquered Sun! I forgot how fast Tiden was." She thought, more intrigued than worried, the grin never leaving her face. She was pretty sure that Tiden was taking their little sparring bout seriously, and so was she, but she was still having fun all the while.

She saw an opening as she came around again, and used the momentum from her spin to aim a kick between the Lunars shoulderblades.


[Shaedra's spinning side kick: Dex 3 + Martial Arts 4 = 7 Dice (9987743) 5 Successes.]
__________________


Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of December, 2007 at 07:32.
  #30  
Unread 20th of December, 2007, 06:17
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra's kick connects, the lunar's breastplate absorbing most of the impact. All the same, her strength is ridiculous. Even through the moonsilver, Tiden can sorely feel the pattern of her boot printed on his shoulder.

[Shaedra: Attack (Speed 5, -1): 5 successes vs DDV4 (6 - action 2) <competent>]
[Shaedra: Damage: (Strength 5 + Kick 3 + Accuracy 1 - 13 soak) = minimum 2(7,3) 1B damage]
  #31  
Unread 20th of December, 2007, 06:55
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tick 10

Tiden staggered back, a little surprised at shaedra's strength. Her power is nothing to laugh at. I had often wondered how she managed that giant hammer with such ease, but I can beat her in skill and speed. She wont get lucky again.

Tiden sprinted forward, circling low around to sheadra's left. With an amazing display of skill and timing he feinted to the right. Planting his hand on the ground, he pivoted, sending a vicious spinning kick to her left side.

[kick: (dex5 + ma5) = 10dice (10877766444) 6 successes.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of December, 2007 at 07:36.
  #32  
Unread 20th of December, 2007, 07:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra slides a yard or so to the side, her boots drawing deep lines in the dirt ground as she leans and spreads her arms for balance. The blow was felt, nearly knocking the wind out of her, but Shaedra's armor is too good for a shot like that.

[Tiden: Kick: 6 successes vs DDV4 <superior>]
[Tiden: Damage: (Strength 3 + Kick 3 + Accuracy 2) = 8 vs hardness 9]
  #33  
Unread 21st of December, 2007, 19:04
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind smiled when Stran agreed to come with her, grateful for his continued company. She started walking again, this time asking him about his experiences while she was gone. They hadn't walked for more than a few minutes though, before she felt a comforting presence settle over her.

She smiled, but that smile quickly died when Stran disappeared from her view, causing her to come to a stop. Suddenly she saw Shaedra barely missing an attack by Tiden, only to respond in kind.

"Oh no," she whispered, forcing the image away and sending comforting thoughts to Kheervis, not exactly sure herself what was happening. She broke into a run towards where she felt Kheervis was, hoping she could stop the two exalts from killing each other.
  #34  
Unread 24th of December, 2007, 09:48
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Silver Wind pushes her way through thick brush, leaving Stran a few steps behind. Finally she breaks into a familiar clearing the Solar left a year beforehand. Kheervis stands almost where she had left him, beside the campfire with Shaedra. The Dawn Caste's warm smile had been the last thing Silver Wind saw before she disappeared into the thick of the forest, an irony to the image she saw before her. Shaedra and Tiden move in contrast to the still, misty morning, their blows held back but not without an edge of emotion. It's difficult to tell if they're just sparring or if there's some real anger between them. Lacuna and Gorthas sit uneasily at the campfire, watching the two combatants carefully.

[Silver Wind: Join Battle (Speed 5, -0): (Wits 2 + Awareness 2) = 4(9,7,6,1) 2 successes vs reaction count 7]
  #35  
Unread 24th of December, 2007, 17:12
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Stran had absolutely no idea what was going on, but Silver Wind was rushing to stop a pair from fighting, it seemed. Stran hated acting without knowing what was going on, so he hung back out of the fight in an effort to gather some data before moving in. Besides, if they really were fighting, this might be an opportunity to see her demonstrate her newly acquired martial arts skills. Stran had been given an uncomfortably close look earlier, but he hadn't seen the breadth of her training.

Last edited by Sparda219; 24th of December, 2007 at 17:48.
  #36  
Unread 26th of December, 2007, 17:45
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Tick 11

Shaedra spread her arms to keep her balance as she slid backwards from the force of Tiden's attack. She regained her balance and slowly moved forward towards Tiden again, waiting for him to make the next move.

She was so intent on watching Tiden's every move that she never noticed the arrival of two more people at the edge of their small camp.

[Shaedra: Aim (Speed 3, -0)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 3rd of January, 2008 at 16:49.
  #37  
Unread 28th of December, 2007, 01:37
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Gorthas glances up for a second when he hears Silver Wind push through the brush. He puts his hand up to her, still with most of his attention on the sparing match and says, "It's okay. They're only showing us what they learned over the past year with a sparring match." For a moment Gorthas was going to say a 'friendly sparring match' but he doubted that anyone would believe that.

As long as no one gets seriously hurt this should help to get out some of those pent up feelings of anger and frustration between Tiden and Shaedra. Though I will have to try and call an end to this match soon.

Last edited by Xaden; 10th of January, 2008 at 05:52.
  #38  
Unread 9th of January, 2008, 02:17
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tick 15

Tiden smiled at Sheadra's caution, it felt good to have put her on her guard.

"Thats one for one but I can see that we aren't going to get anywhere like this."

Taking off his cloak and starting to unfasten his breastplate he continued.

"So what do you say we get serious and do this without armor?"

To emphasize his point he threw his breastplate to the side and stood in a fighting pose with just white tunic, brown paints, and a grin.

[Tiden: miscellaneous action]

Last edited by CouchpotatoGOD; 9th of January, 2008 at 02:26.
  #39  
Unread 9th of January, 2008, 02:41
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra smiled as well, "Sounds good to me."

Quickly she pulled off her tunic, revealing her Orichalcum breastplate and threw it to one side, with the breastplate following soon after.

Now she too stood attired only in a shirt and pants. She took a fighting stance as well, and stood ready to continue their sparring match.
__________________

  #40  
Unread 9th of January, 2008, 20:32
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind hesitated at the sight in front of her. She heard Gorthas' words, but she knew there was another reason for this match between the Lunar and Solar. They were taking this this a tad too seriously, their enjoyment at beating each other up was a bit too great.

She looked down at Gorthas, then over at Lacuna, then at the match playing out in front of her. She tensed her muscles, ready to stop them, but she held back. As worry lines creased her face she simply watched, though she did not relax.

[Silver Wind: Guard Action]
  #41  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 06:14
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Gorthas watched as this new development unfolded, then took a step closer to the two combatants. "Okay, that's enough. This was just supposed to be a friendly sparring match. We're not trying to seriously hurt each other here."

And with that Gorthas tensed up getting ready to change into his bear form in case he has to physically break up the fight.

Why do I fear trying to break up this fight even in bear form?

Then he really looks over Tiden and Shaedra and finds his answer quickly.

[OOC: Join Battle: (Wits 3 + Alertness 2) (if need be): 8, 8, 6, 5, 1 = 2 Successes. This is only important if Tiden and Shaedra do not break up their fight just from Gorthas's words.]
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #42  
Unread 12th of January, 2008, 05:11
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tick 20

Tiden spotted Silver Wind out of the corner of his eye. "Interesting... Im surprised she hasn't tried to stop us yet."

Tiden turned back to Sheadra, ignoring Gorthas' complaining.

"We're not done yet."

Moving forward, he sent a vicious punch straight for Shaedra's face.

[Tiden: punch: (MA5 + dex5 + acc1) = 11dice (1010877755532) 8 successes.]
  #43  
Unread 12th of January, 2008, 06:05
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Tick 20

Seeing Tiden lunge at Shaedra, Gorthas draws himself up to his full height, sending his raven, Xioli, flying off his shoulder. "I said that's enough!" And with that yell he starts to grow, his clothing and equipment disappearing Elsewhere as his body becomes taller, more muscular and his clothing becomes replaced with dark brown fur.

This is what I was afraid of, things going too far. If they end up really hurting each other the rift between them will only grow. I must stop this quickly.

[OOC: Spending 1 Mote to shapechange into his Spirit Shape (the Bear)]
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #44  
Unread 14th of January, 2008, 17:13
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra's face reels violently to the side, a badly swollen lip for certain in her near future. Gorthas wastes no time in shifting before this escalates any further.

[Tiden: attack: 8 successes vs DDV4 <astonishing>]
[Tiden: damage: (strength 4 + accuracy 4 - soak 3) = 5(8,5,5,3,3) 1B Damage]
  #45  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 01:06
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra saw the blow coming but had no time to try to avoid it. She felt the impact of Tiden's fist on the side of her face but ignored the pain it brought on for the time being.

Shaedra used the opening in Tiden's defense to grab his outstreched arm with one hand. She ducked under his arm and around to his back, till she had his arm twisted around behind him. She pulled his arm up, attemtping to immobilize him as she pushed him to the ground.


[Grapple Action: Strength 5 + Martial Arts 4 = 9 Dice (10109998652) = 8 Successes.]
__________________

  #46  
Unread 20th of January, 2008, 04:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
As if all in one quick motion, the lunar's lightning fast punch connects, his target recoiling only to nudge inbetween his defenses when he least expected it. Tiden's face hits the dirt hard as Shaedra steps through to his backside, twisting his arm and bearing down on the Lunar with all her strength. Though he struggles in anger, Tiden cannot move.

[Shaedra: Stunt Dice 2(9,1) +1 success]
[Shaedra: Clinch: 9 Successes vs PDV4 <phenominal>]
[Clinch: 4 (Shaedra)]
[Shaedra: +2 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of January, 2008 at 22:14.
  #47  
Unread 20th of January, 2008, 18:00
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Stran cringed, drawing back as the movements of the two fighters spoke of a rather scarred history between them. There was much more than sparring going on here.

The actions of the older bear Lunar made this readily apparent as well. Stran continued to stay back from the fight, but would jump in without hesitation of the bear fellow couldn't end the altercation...
  #48  
Unread 21st of January, 2008, 14:58
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
This is being taken too far. Silver Wind was beginning to get frustrated with her companions. Tiden wasn't heeding anything but his own selfish desires, and Shaedra certainly wasn't stopping him in the right manner. She wasn't even sure the other Solar wanted to stop the fight. Even Gorthas was going to try and solve these problems violently...

Behemoth's bones, only Lacuna and Stran aren't getting involved, and even they aren't trying to stop this fight from escalating! They probably think Gorthas should take care of it.

Having seen enough Silver Wind steps forward, her eyes full of a fire fueled by frustration and essence. "That's ENOUGH!!"

[OOC: Using 1st Presence Excellency at 8 peripheral motes. Social attack. Charisma (5) + Presence (3) + 1st Presence Excellency (8) = 16 dice. (10,10,10,9,8,7,7,6,4,4,3,3,2,2,2,1) 10 Successes]

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 21st of January, 2008 at 15:23.
  #49  
Unread 21st of January, 2008, 15:19
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
End Combat

Everyone's head turns. There's simply no way to ignore the magnetism of Silver Wind's voice. For a brief moment, you wonder if the voice boomed down from the heavens themselves.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice 2(7,6) +1 success]
[11 Successes vs. MDDV5 (Shaedra) <competent dragon> vs. MDDV5 (Tiden) <competent dragon> vs. MDDV5 (Gorthas) <competent dragon>]
[Silver Wind: +2 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 21st of January, 2008 at 15:23.
  #50  
Unread 21st of January, 2008, 15:36
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra hadn't even noticed Silver Wind's presence, so the unexpected movement at the edge of their camp came as a complete surprise.

"That's ENOUGH!!"

Silver Wind's voice seemed to come from everywhere at once, as if the Unconquered Sun himself had come down and demanded an end to the bout.

"Then again, with her charm, it might as well have been the Unconquered Sun telling us to stop." Shaedra grinned inwardly at the image that created in her head, as she looked at Silver Wind.

Unconsciously she let go of Tiden, stood up, and faced Silver Wind. Inside her emotions fought for control of her body. Part of her wanted her to bow her head and ask for forgiveness, as she had when she was a child and her Mother had scolded her for something. But the rest of her told her to keep her head high, there wasn't any shame in what she and Tiden had done.

In the end her defiant side won out. She looked Silver Wind in the eye, with her head held high, not showing any regret for her actions, but also not showing any desire to continue their fight. She even, with out looking, offered a hand to Tiden to help him get to his feet.
__________________


Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 21st of January, 2008 at 15:45. Reason: God made me do it!
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren