Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

Unread 31st of July, 2007, 17:55
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
"I did not ask for what happened to me."

The words hung in the air, or at least in Silver Wind's mind, like a miasma. She stayed crouched in front of Kheervis, not moving except for her hand, which absently caressed the Finest's cheek. Her thoughts turned back to the memories and worries of home, images and emotions skipping across her mind.

Silver Wind sighed and leaned forward, her forehead leaning against Kheervis'. The horde of emotions the feel of her skin against him brought forth was like a rushing river, and she relished the sheer physicality of the touch. It seemed to ground her in the present, an anchor that kept her from simply drifting away on her memories.

Her reverie was interrupted by a voice, Tiden's voice. She looked up at him, digesting what it was he had said. Then, without a word she rose back up to her feet and walked over to the Lunar, who stood several inches taller than she. She stared up at him for a few seconds, her eyes seeming to pierce down into Tiden's very being, inspecting him.

Then a slight grin splayed onto her face and she reached up and flicked Tiden's forehead lightly. "Good morning to you too Tiden," she said, before turning back to Kheervis. Leaving the saddle and other equipment hanging on the stable wall, she easily rose herself onto Kheervis' back, directing him towards the Lunar with only her knees and thoughts. She stopped next to Tiden, now looking down on the man slightly, and extended her hand.

"C'mon. Before I give you my answer, let's go for a ride first. Kheervis needs his exercise, among other things."
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 12:17
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Member: #832
Tiden, wary of riding the horse, just shook his head. It was not that he did not trust the beast, it was that he did not know how and was not about to let Silver Wind know of this. Also, he saw no point because he himself was able to become any animal. If he needed the speed of a horse he would just obtain it.

"I am of Luna's chosen. We have no need of mounts... I'm confident I could outrun him anyway..." He says with a spark of exitement in his voice.
Unread 6th of August, 2007, 13:38
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Silver Wind furrowed her brow at Tiden's words. She reached out with her right hand and flicked the Lunarís forehead again. "It's not about if YOU can outrun him Tiden. Kheervis isn't used to riding with two people on him yet, and if we need to move quickly he may have to. I need to make sure he can handle the weight, and you're not exactly a small person."

She looked at Tiden and her eyes obtained a pleading look to them. "Please, if not for Kheervis, then for me. It doesn't matter if you know how to ride a horse or not, you can just hold onto me, but I need help from SOMEONE."

Silver Wind's gaze fell away from Tiden and her voice fell to a whisper. "I---I feel like you're the only one who doesn't hate me right now."
Unread 12th of August, 2007, 01:32
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Tiden felt his head where Silver wind had flicked him. Back when he was living in the orphanage, it was all about fighting for your next meal, struggling to survive. Then when he became a lunar and joined the silver pact it was all about gaining strenght and honor, besting your fellow lunar, succeeding in a hunt. Nobody ever needed him. Nobody really cared if he hated them or not.

"... If its for the good of the pack...."

Slowly moving closer, Tiden looked at Silver Wind. "What do I have to do?"
Unread 14th of August, 2007, 02:48
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
Icarus returned to his previous state of silence, slowly eating his meal while his companions moved about. He mulled over the events of the previous day, mostly unaware of what unfolded around him. The sharp pain shooting through the entirety of his torso was more than enough of a reminder.

Shimi of Stolen Maidens. I will return this wound you have dealt me one hundred times over. You will be spared for the moment, but one day I will slay you with these very hands. By Luna, I swear this.

Icarus looked up from his meal to notice Kami's return to the table, cringing as pain shot up his spine in response to his sudden movement. Ignoring it, he turned his thoughts to the girl, and his reflective state immediately turned to shock.

The Nain-ya, she is an Unblooded! She needs to undergo initiation, lest the taint take hold...

He glanced to Gorthas, back to Kami, and then down to his empty dish. Placing his palms on the table, Icarus bit his lip as he lifted his body up to standing position, unbearable pain filling him. With a poorly concealed grimace, he addressed Gorthas.

"Though my body tells me otherwise, I know that I am in need of fresh air and a walk. As much as I hate to say it, Brother, I will need your assistance."

Icarus's gaze shifted to Kami, and he addressed her in a way one might expect out of an older brother or father.

"We need to decide upon our next course of action and leave this place, immediately. The longer we stay, the more we risk revealing our true nature. Nain-ya, why don't you and the Dragon-blood go find the others? Have them meet us at the stables."

His eyes shifted to Lacuna, casting a wary gaze onto the Dragon-blood.

"Make sure she stays out of trouble, alright?"

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 16th of August, 2007 at 06:10.
Unread 14th of August, 2007, 12:52
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1668
Gorthas satnd up and walks over to Icarus, "There is no shame in asking for assistance." Then he turns his head, just slightly towards Kami, almost as if he were talking to both of them, "We are no longer alone in Creation and only together do we grow stronger."

He then walks with Icarus offering whatever help the mighty Lunar would take.
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 00:23
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

As Gorthas came to his side and helped him up, Icarus gazed over Kami, his sharp eyes trying to pierce the girl's veil of secrecy and determine the source of her trouble. However, his concentration was interrupted as the ever-present pain was magnified throgh movement. He gritted his teeth, grunting as he rose to standing position. With a last glance to Kami, and then to Lacuna, Icarus left the table, leaning on Gorthas's shoulder for support.

When they had reached a quiet location of sufficient distance from the inn, Icarus motioned for Gorthas to stop and help him sit down. With a heavy sigh, Icarus looked up to Gorthas with an expression that spoke severity and urgency.

"Brother, by now you must have realized that I did not bring you out here simply for a walk. The Nain-ya... She is an Unblooded. We must bring her into the Pact. It is our duty."
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 05:33
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
Kami frowns back at Icarus, finding the term 'Nain-ya' to be... insulting... despite not knowing its' true meaning. After the two Lunar leave, she finishes her breakfast and stands from the table, glancing back over her shoulder at Lacuna.

"I need to take a walk, to think, keep up with me if you can."

Stepping out into some privacy, she changes back into her totem, the shape of her friend - the large housecat Kami and darts outside into the sun.
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 12:20
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Nain-Ya... I wonder what that means...

Torn from her thought, and caught off guard slightly, Lacuna leaps out after the now feline Lunar. She notes just how similar her human movements are to this cat form, reminding her that it's still the same Kami underneath those tufts of fur.

"Hey, slow down you!" She shouts at the little critter.
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 13:24
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

Gorthas seems to think for a minute, then says, "Icarus, the choice is up to Kami. I understand the fear about chimerism, but, if nothing else, Lunars are survivors, it is up to her to decide what's best for herself. Plus, I fear she may run at any minute. The little one feels only loosely attached to the group and she is quite intimidated and scared, I'm afraid that if we try and push her to hard she will simply bolt, and then she has a much slimmer chance of survival."

He sighs, "Give her time, she needs to learn to trust us more, then we will breach the subject with her about joining the Silver Pact and fixing her form with the tattoos, and then, only once she agrees we will make sure it'll happen. But there is yet no immediate risk to her being outside of the Silver Pact. I was not even given my tattoos for several months after my Second Breath, give her time and I'm sure she'll come around."

He then puts on a smile, "Come now, this place grows stale and we should meet with the others to leave."
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 18:01
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Silver Wind pushed herself forward on Kheervis' back and reached her hand out to Tiden. Displaying her Exalted strength, she lifted the young man straight up off the ground and onto Kheervis' back with Tiden only needing to push off the ground slightly. After a few seconds of watching him fail at his attempts to get comfortable, Silver Wind reached back and gently grabbed his wrists. She wrapped them around her waist, then turned her head to look at Tiden, saying, "You just need to hold on for now, okay?"

Then she gently nudged Kheervis with her knees and he set off in a gentle trot, going out of the stables and down the road back the way they had first entered this small town. After a few moments of simply riding in silence, seeing the blood drenched scenery, Silver Wind spoke up. "So, Tiden, where are you from?"
Unread 21st of August, 2007, 06:26
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Kami races along the ground as fast her form will let her, lil puffs of dirt being kicked up by her back legs, eyes gleaming she she swerves around the corner, hoping to catch up to Gorthas and Icarus, occasionally glancing over her shoulder to see if Lacuna is following.

Spying them up the track she extends her claws and scrambles up a village building running along the thatched roofs until she's almost caught up. Mischeviously she lets out a loud yowl and leaps down at the two Lunar deep in conversation, hoping to land on one of them.
Unread 21st of August, 2007, 08:32
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Icarus stared down at the soft grass and mud in disbelief. Though his voice seemed utterly calm, he was infuriated by the No Moon's apparent lack of concern or understanding. He shook his head slowly as Gorthas smiled.

"Brother.... How could you say such a thing? You cannot truly fathom the nature of Chimerism. Our natural ability to adapt and survive only proves the necessity of the Tattoos. They represent everything that is of our nature, and they bring us closer to Luna herself. Chimerism is the antithesis. It represents the downfall of those unable to adapt. It is not a fear or risk, but an inevitable state one cannot escape without Tattoos. Brother, have you ever even seen a Chimera, let alone fought one?"

Icarus's voice diminished to a whisper as memories of his past drifted in and out of consciousness. He closed his eyes, focusing on quieting the demons of his past. Grunting as the pain in his wound suddenly jumped, he opened his eyes in a flash, his steely gaze locked on Gorthas.

"I have run with a Wyld Pack, and I have personally experienced all of the horrors of the Chimerae. I have spilt the blood of Chimerae younger than the Nain-ya, and I would do so again without hesitation. While it is of the last of my wishes, I do so for the survival of the Silver Pact and it alone. It is for that reason that we must not risk her corruption. If you do not want the weight of her demise on your soul, I suggest you heed my warnings. We may not have the time you beli-"

Icarus paused as the cry of a cat filled the air. He looked up just in time to catch glimpse of the familiar ball of fur leaping through the air, pouncing onto his shoulder. As he felt his balance shift, Icarus braced himself with his right arm, grunting as pain shot up his back. He grabbed the cat by both sides, and held her up away from his body. He couldn't help but not feel angry with the girl, even though with most others he would. Icarus looked into her feline eyes, his expression troubled and austere.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 21st of August, 2007 at 20:53.
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 13:07
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Tiden took a deep breath and shifted his weight on the uncomfortable horse. He seemed hesitant to answer. "My life started in the city of Kirichast, but that is not where I am from. I was given a new life with the silver pact and that is where my true home is. Its also where Icarus and I met... Nothing before that means anything to me."
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 14:09
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

At the mention of Luna, Gorthas's expression fades from it's normally warm look and turns more stony, he allows Icarus to talk until interrupted by the lunging Kami. He then gently but firmly takes Kami from him and and cradles her in his left arm, turning his body slightly as if to shield her from him.

He then returns Icarus's stare and draws himself up and in a hardly controlled voice he whispers angrily to Icarus, "What is so great about being close to that dog Luna? Even barring that, do you see bat wings on this cat? A scorpion tail? If so I fear it is your mind with the chimerism, screaming 'ambush' every time a shadow moves. She is not a chimera today, nor will she be one tomorrow, nor next week and she is no good to herself, to us, to the Silver Pact, or even Luna, if she's out there on her own." He gestures with his right hand toward the world at large. Keeping his voice at a barely controlled whisper he continues, "Especailly now! Dark things hunt you with the ability to call down bloodrain, and almost slaughter half of you and you would rather chase her away into that!? What chance has she there!? She'd be better off a chimera! And demons be damned, if she ran I would follow. She would need my aid much more than the rest of you! I've seen my tribe, my friends and my family all die senseless deaths and if it's within my significant power I will see to it that this one does not die in a senseless manner too! You want to save her, then think first, act later."

With that, he turns his back to Icarus and gently puts Kami down and whispers to her, "This is your life, you live it as best you see fit." And he starts walking off in the direction of the stables.

Last edited by Xaden; 22nd of August, 2007 at 14:12.
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 05:58
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Kami gives a soft mew in Gorthas' ear as she's deposited gently upon the ground. Her tail twitches with confusion and bewilderment as he walks away, still unsure of what all the talk about regarding bat wings and scorpion tails have to do with tattoos and herself. She peers up intent at Icarus, green eyes slitting, her body language matching the acerbic lash of her tongue.

Kami mrows expectantly at Icarus, waiting.
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 06:26
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Icarus kept quiet as Gorthas ranted, knowing full well that it was unwise to make this situation less stable with Kami around. As the No-Moon walked away enraged, Icarus watched him, disappointed.

You tell me to think first, yet you do not even think before allowing this meaningless babble to spill out your lips. You could not even control your own emotions. For that reason, you are a fool.

Icarus's thoughts of anger and disappointment were broken up as Kami mrowed. He looked back to the girl to see her watching him, as if waiting for him to explain something. With a deep sigh, Icarus looked into the girl's eyes, his expression again troubled.

"Nain-ya.... I-"
Unread 25th of August, 2007, 06:48
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Sick of being insulted by Icarus, this denigrating therm 'Nain-ya', she scratches at his shin to let him know that she does not appreciate such language.

Green cats' eyes peer up at the Lunar, slitted, her grey tail twitching with annoyance, starting to walk around his feet, waiting for him to continue.
Unread 25th of August, 2007, 08:26
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

As they trotted up the trail, Silver Wind saw what she was looking for. She guided Kheervis towards a tree, where an errant plant had been shielded from the blood rain by the leaves. She dismounted, quickly plucked the plant from its safe perch in the dirt, and then just as quickly was back atop Kheervis. she readjusted Tiden's grip around her waist and they were soon moving up the trail once more.

"You cannot simply forget your past like it didn't happen Tiden. Nor can you deny that it ever happened. Your past is an intrinsic part of you, regardless of how painful it may have been."
Unread 26th of August, 2007, 03:08
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

The feeling of claws against his skin stopped Icarus. Kami's body language was all needed to realize what was wrong.

"Nain-Ya... I take it you do not understand the meaning of this name. So many moons ago, I felt your same indignation."

Icarus leaned down closer to the cat, hands on his knees, and on his lips the slightest smile appeared.

"Kin. Young one. These are both meanings of Nain-ya. To be addressed by such a title means that you are thought of as one of us, a member of our family."

With a slight pause, the Full Moon looked into Kami's feline eyes, his voice quieting.

"Know that you have a place among all of the Chosen of Luna. You are one of us. Our instincts drive us to individuality, but in this time such is as much a curse as it is a blessing."
Unread 28th of August, 2007, 05:23
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Perhaps I've misjudged Icarus after all... I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kami takes a few delicate steps closer to the Lunar, lifting and brushing her grey furred head against his cheek, giving it a little lick with her rough feline tongue letting him know that he's forgiven.

Sensing that theres' more for him to say, she sits back down on her haunches and mews softly at Icarus.
Unread 1st of September, 2007, 10:42
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Perhaps Silver Wind was right and the time before his transformation was still part of him. Even after he has escaped the orphanage he still had kept repeating its patterns. Dominance over his peers, never coming close, or making friends. Only recently has his pattern begun to change. He had befriended Icarus, his first and only friend.

When Silver Wind shifted her weight Tiden was pulled back to the present. This close it was easy to catch a whiff of her feminine scent, making his heart beat a little faster. It gave him mixed emotions and scattered his thoughts. So far it seemed that Silver Wind was the closest thing he had to another friend.

Finally pulling his thoughts together Tiden responded "Perhaps you are right.... I am also interested in where you come from. I have never met a woman like you. Maybe it's because you are of the chosen."
Unread 3rd of September, 2007, 11:54
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

With his chest pressed against her back, Silver Wind felt Tiden's heart beat a little faster as the ride continued, and his grip around her waist tightened almost unnoticeably. She smiled slightly, her face still facing forward away from Tiden so he probably wouldn't notice. With one hand still holding onto the plants, she gently set her other hand on top of Tiden's, his hands dwarfing hers with ease, and steered Kheervis using only her mental connection and small movements with her knees.

"Being Chosen by the Unconquered Sun did change me Tiden, but not so much that you would never have recognized me. I hail from the Scavenger Lands, the Marukan Alliance specifically. I own a ranch there, where I raise and breed horses, among other animals. But..." Silver Wind's voice lowered and her hand squeezed Tiden's lightly as she continued.

"But when I exalted I had to leave there, for fear that the Wyld Hunt would harm, or even kill, my family." Kheervis gave a snort, obviously feeling Silver Wind's discomfort and sorrow.

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 3rd of September, 2007 at 14:03.
Unread 6th of September, 2007, 12:25
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

The quiet mew broke the silence that had followed. Icarus sighed heavily. Recollecting himself, he continued.

"There exists a curse within all Chosen of Luna. Long ago, the Wyld broke our Kin. Its taint was so deep, that to this day, each Chosen of Luna still bears it. This curse is manifest each and every time we change forms. As it takes root, over time we lose control of this power, as well as our sanity. With each passing day, one who begins to lose control will begin to manifest deformities. They are not limited to the body, but affect the mind as well. "

"While this takes place at different speeds with each of us, one part remains the same: it is inevitable that each Chosen of Luna will succumb to the taint without preventative measures. Whether it happens in a matter of weeks, months, or even years, the corruption known as Chimerism is the future of all Chosen of Luna."
Unread 12th of September, 2007, 09:02
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Tiden realized Silver Wind was upset by the way her horse was acting. It was clear to him that they had some sort of bond. He wondered if being frends with an animal was anything like feeling the closeness of his animal form within himself. Tiden also thought about the strange concept of having to leave ones family.

"Silver Wind, I have never had a family to leave. I suppose that made it easier to accept my new life as one of luna's chosen." Tiden, a little nervously, grasped Silver Winds hand with his own. "You can also start a new life as I did."