Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > elmer_jok's Games > Into the Wilds > End Times

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 21st of July, 2006, 06:35
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
Lightbulb Prologue: First Impressions

(For Chandley Miles [Flagg Thornington], Niki Darkwalker [Linklegacy77], Guillame-Marie Toussaint [akiko], and Halvanni Hazen [Zero].)

If the air that whips through the city of Frosthaven could be called Chilly, the mood among it’s people this bright day in early spring could be called nothing short of Icy. Natives of this harsh nation, recognizable by their stoutness and their fiery red hair, make their way through the streets at a brisk pace, intent on their business and often not talking to anyone. The refugees, rather those without coin, make their ways in lines to the work camps outside of the city to work for their daily rations and housing. The tension between the native citizens of the city and the hungry refugees is thick enough to slice with a sword. Groups of two to four natives stand in groups here and there glaring down the refugees with looks disgust, the likes of which you’d expect to see from someone glaring at a nasty bug intent upon sampling your dinner. You find yourselves to be the recipient of a few of these glares as well, being outlanders – albeit, armed outsiders.

As you make your way through Frosthaven’s increasingly dirty streets you think again on the letter you received, slipped under your door while you slept this morning. The offer of employment is very welcomed in these times when coin has begun to run short. Prices of various goods are beginning to rise and even those with some coin to spare begin to think on how long it will last if prices continue to rise. The jobs that you have been able to get your hands on so far haven’t promised any real pay. As you pass a couple of young lovers kissing under a stoop along the avenue you recall the words of the letter in your mind again, “ Brave Adventurer – I wish to meet with you, along with others whom I have invited, to discuss an expedition that may provide you with some interest. I have need of your skills, such as they are, for a mission that involves some risk, but treasure is guaranteed. I hope to find you for lunch at High Noon at the Tipsy Pixie Tavern located in the Merchants Quarter. “ The tavern the writer mentions is one familiar to you. The letter is unsigned but it bears the official seal of the government of Eldorus.


The hour approaches and you find yourself outside of the Tipsy Pixie, a garishly painted two-story building that is decorated with scenes of Faerie folk dancing about amongst large mushrooms. You can hear a woman’s song floating through the doors to the establishment and you see a stable hand approaching from a gate leading around the side of the building. As you look around you see others approaching the tavern.

Last edited by elmer_jok; 12th of February, 2008 at 18:29.
  #2  
Unread 21st of July, 2006, 06:43
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
These must be the others the letter spoke of. This might be interesting.

Niki walks up to the door, takes a brief glance around, and enters the building.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #3  
Unread 21st of July, 2006, 09:15
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Chandley arrives at the door of the fey tavern shortly after leaving the home he shares with his mother. Lately, she had been preparing much better dinner fare. The mage's job in the market has been very lucrative in recent weeks. The small dinner detour did however put Mr Miles behind schedule. Alas who can talk business on an emty stomach?
The young man's interest was piqued when he noticed the letter under his front door this morning. All day long he dreamed of his father's glory-days he remembered only from his childhood bedtime-stories.

The young mage pauses on the steps and enters the Tipsy Pixie for the first time. He looks around to find an unassuming seat and orders a glass of red wine.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
  #4  
Unread 22nd of July, 2006, 00:35
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.68 per day)
"GET A ROOM!" Gil yells to the kissing young 'uns while passing. Thinking twice about their fate and his beloved long lost Marsha he turns back to them and flips them a platinum coin. "And enjoy i'. Hold each udder and don' let anyone come bedwix youse."

Continuing on the long bearded, disheveled man continues down the path with a limp, leading his horse behind him. "Rusty, I don' know abou' dis. I'm 'oo old da be going round looking for gold and 'rinkeds." The horse whinnees, seemingly in response to the war torn man. "I know you're hungry. I am too. Hopefully we won't have to live off scraps I guess. Damn I need a drink"

Coming around the side of the tavern Gil can be heard mumbling to himself "Freakin' Fairies." After tieing up Rusty the man makes his way inside. Sitting right next to the bartender he yells loudly. "I need a drink!"

Last edited by akiko; 22nd of July, 2006 at 00:59.
  #5  
Unread 22nd of July, 2006, 15:43
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan walked down the street in a cheerful mood, whistling and tipping his wide brimmed hat to anyone that seems respectable enough to warrant a good hat tipping. Upon arriving at the destination mentioned in the short, albiet mysterious letter that was slipped under his door; he walks in the tavern with a very somber expression. Taking in the patorns, he grins and jumps up on a table (clicking his heels in mid-air) and then bows to the assembled peoples with a deep, hat-flourishing bow .

"Greetings, assembled patrons. Young, and old alike; and from all walks of life. Tipsy, and turvy as you may; I bid you all a good morning. I, am Halvanni Hazen, the twelfth wonder of the world and simply most spectacular... spectacle on this table at this particular moment." Halvanni says with a large, friendly grin. Fishing out a letter from inside his fine robes he waves it in the air. "If, you received a letter under your door this morning, raise your hand and say 'aye'. If you did not receive a letter under your door, please raise your hand and say 'nay'." Halvan pauses in his speach to take in the rooms answer.
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #6  
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 00:38
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
Niki takes a moment to stare at this man, and decides he needs to be taken down a notch. "12th wonder of the world? Well! I suppose everybody you meet must wonder at you! Or is it just that you.... radiate an aura of such... idiocy?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #7  
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 04:16
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan stares dumbly at the gray elf, then laughs hystericaly.

"Trust me, if you've seen the other wonders of the wold; you'd more likely believe my claim!" He retorts, jumping from table to table to stand next to his critic. "But, I fear you have the advantage over me." He says as he sits down crosslegged on the nearest table. "Who might you be, little shadow?" Halvanni's head cocked to one side and smiling slightly.
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #8  
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 06:07
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
Niki looks at the table next to her, which now has a large dirt footprint on it, then looks back at him, on the table on the other side of her. "I had been planning on using this table, but that seems to have gone awry. And why would you wish to know my name?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #9  
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 07:03
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Chandley watches the tiefling toying with the grey elf. Kind of serves her right for opening up to such a bold stranger. The mage watches and listens for a moment, waiting to see if anyone else presents a letter before speaking up.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
  #10  
Unread 24th of July, 2006, 03:51
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan leans in closer to her, drumming his fingers on the tabletop.
"Because maybe I'm the one who sent the letters." He answers sweetly, and after a slight pause offers up another explanation.
"Or maybe because I'm just interested in knowing the name of an angel?" Smiling coyly and toying with his long hair, he looks at the gray elf and then taps the top of her head with his letter.
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #11  
Unread 24th of July, 2006, 09:48
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.68 per day)
"Please... a drink, quickly! I don' wanna be sober much longer..." Gil leans over and asks the bartender hurriedly and then mumbles to himself "cause da figh' is comin'" He laughs, looking around the room for people holding letters in hand and finally letting his eyes rest on the boastful man.

"If ever'one in da room raised deir hands an says some'in, how you gonna know who said which?" He yells over to the dancing fool. Walking over after downing the cold brew he makes a bold statement. "Sides, not very poli' a sdand on 'ables." And with that he yanks the table right from under the fellow, keeping an eye on him.

Gil is a dirty remnant of a soldier, with unkept auburn hair and beard, a large scar that runs from his eyebrow and disappears into his hairline, a greatsword strapped to his back and slightly rusted armor on it is obvious personal hygeine is not high on his priorities.

Last edited by akiko; 24th of July, 2006 at 09:53.
  #12  
Unread 24th of July, 2006, 14:00
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
Niki just smiles back at Halvan, but instead of the coy smile he is giving, her's is cold. "Angel? There are no angels here, merely lost souls and demons" she says quietly. Then more loudly, "If you sent me a letter, you likely already know my name."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #13  
Unread 24th of July, 2006, 15:11
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
"Everyone has the capacity for good, but only few have the capacity for intelligence." He answers back, looking up at her from his lofty perch of his backside on the tavern floor. "You, obviously have both; while my meatheaded friend over there, who seems like he's crawled out of a whales arse, obviously has just the former." He grumbles indignantly, picking himself off the floor and scooping up his pack. "I did not send the letters, that much is also obvious. Perhaps you know more than I?" Pulling out a bottle of rare wine from his sack, he sits down next to her. "Would you like something to drink while we wait for our prospective employer?" He asks her, then letting his voice fall to a whisper. "If you want, just say so; and I will leave to that lonely table over there." He says, gesturing sadly.
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #14  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 00:35
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
"You may stay, and I will grace you with my presence, and yes, I would love a drink."

Niki seems to be enjoying taunting this tiefling.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #15  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 01:06
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.68 per day)
"Das bedder." The human states, placing the table back onto the floor. Movng back to the bar he grumbles "Shoes are for floor an sea's are asses, and 'ables are for neider."

Grabbing someone else's drink from the before the barkeep and downs it. "You gods a problem!?" He yells at the formerly ale sipping man.

Last edited by akiko; 25th of July, 2006 at 01:59.
  #16  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 01:55
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Well thats three thinks Chandley, a motley bunch indeed. But it appears the others have been in such a position before.
The mage rises and approaches the others when the scarred-warrior uprights the table. Grabbing an empty chair he takes a seat and tosses his letter on the table. "Greetings, I'm called Chandley, and it seems that we'll be getting to know each other. Did each of you get one of these? I'm a tad curious about who sent it? Wine sounds fine indeed." The mage grabs a goblet and pushes it toward the tiefling with a gesture to fill it up.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
  #17  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 02:00
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.68 per day)
Keeping an eye on the 'adventurers' Gil figures eventually he should join them. But not before grabbing another bar patron's drink or two.
  #18  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 04:13
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan greets the newcomer named Chandley, and pours some wine for him; then filling two other glasses. One for himself and the other for...
"I'm sorry." Halvan says before pouring the other glass. "I didn't catch your name." He says to the dour grey elf, then resumes pouring.
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #19  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 05:25
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
"That might be because I didn't give it," she says smugly. "My name is Niki."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #20  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 00:02
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
Chandley nods a thank you to Halvan. He smells the wine for a lingering moment and the takes the smallest sip. He lets the liquid roll over his tounge and savors its body before at last swallowing it. Though he is obviously focused on the wine-tasting his eyes never leave those seated around the party's table. The author of the letters has yet to make an appearance.

"Greetings Niki. What proffession brings you to the realm of men?" The grey elf is the true object of his attention. There is some imbalance radiating from her and though she looks to be in tune with the weave he cannot sense its energizing strands flowing from Niki. Shadow weave...Though Chandley knows of the darker side of the weave he has never before sensed its presence in person. Could it be?
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
  #21  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 02:11
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
"I am but a beautiful traveler, and you needent stare. I may be the object of attention, but that hardly is the way to ingratiate yourself."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #22  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 06:03
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan sniggers at Nikkis comments, and then leans back easily in his chair. "I may be wrong, but I'd assume that you, Chandley are the only one at this table whos a native to this city. Do you have any insight into our job offer? It being from the government and all."
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #23  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 06:30
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.21 per day)
"At least I do not ogle you like the rest of these heathens. It seems they have never seen a beauty such as thee." Chandley turns his gaze to Halvan and answers. "Living here yes, however I am not from this hovel of a city. But I've never even heard rumours of the government using such tactics of recruitment. At least we were summoned to a public place, the whole thing just doesn't seem right."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
  #24  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 07:07
Zero's Avatar
Zero
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1160
Posts: 134 (0.03 per day)
Halvan considers Chandley's observations carefuly, and then answers.
"Yes, you're right. I have been nearly everywhere, and i've never known any government ro resort to these measures." Taking a quick sip of his wine, he brings up another point. "And there must be more than just us. Despite my previous boasting, I'd think there would be more who were given a letter."
__________________
I am addicted to CBT and Mechwarrior
  #25  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 09:38
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.32 per day)
"Of course this isn't normal. If it were a government recruitment, it wouldn't be in a place like this tavern, nor would there be so many people around who aren't part of it."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren