Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Unread 8th of August, 2002, 21:49
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
I think Cadrius will indeed choke on his dice. Very nicely done .

Sorry guys, I took the day off yesterday for a little family outing. I'll be making up for it today though .
Unread 8th of August, 2002, 22:50
Gralhruk

Oh, and Shade is on the oldest quest known to mankind: the search for self .
Unread 8th of August, 2002, 23:02
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
Hey, Cadrius has been growing plenty even if he's extremely moody. And while I didn't actually choke on my dice (I think I'd have bigger problems if I kept them in my mouth anyway) I was definitely surprised. Hmm...how would Cadrius respond...

Edit: There, done. Not my best work, but what can I say. I post in the moment and Cadrius needs a softer side anyway.

Last edited by Cadrius; 9th of August, 2002 at 00:18.
Unread 8th of August, 2002, 23:49
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
Time i think, for a posting splurge.

Now to find something for Itches to do ... does anyone have some dinamite, and roller skates. I saw this really cool thing on T.V. the other day
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 01:06
Cadrius

Come on now guys, let's get a posting! I'm in the mood for some progress today.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 01:11
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

Member: #91
Me too! Where is everybody?

By the way, taking inspiration from Itches, any thoughts about our 'small, bald woman'?

Portrait Adoption
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 01:19
Cadrius

Cadrius finds her a bit enigmatic, not to mention a touch bit strange (come on it's a bald woman who fights with her hands, how often do you suppose he's seen that?)

I personally find her to be really interesting. Her different ways of acting and thinking add a nice flavor to the mix.

Plus I think it's pretty amusing that she's almost as strong as Cadrius but is over a foot shorter and likely at 90 pounds lighter.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 01:23
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

Well, you see, as pen-and-paper DM I sort of grew tired of red haired, green eyed babes and strapping, blond 6 footers...

I wanted to play a character which would be strange and exotic, and normal at the same time

Portrait Adoption
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 01:25
itches

YaY I inspired someone.

Sorry about the slight lack of posting, Ill try and get some in here, but dont expect anything too major. I have to make a big post in Battle Royal - everyone just died.

As to Baldy, she seems to be the most normal person of the group. Itches for some reason has totally accepted her as a member. (No offense Paladin, but he doesnt see you as a member -yet) Unike Cadirus -whom he views as the leader, and is full of admiration for- and Shade -Itches is just plain scared of her- you managed to slip into the somewhat vague area of "friend". Nothing you do seems to surprise him (Im putting it down to stupidity) hmm. Should do something more.

EDIT: okay i gave it ago, i went there, and i was about to start typing - when i descovered i had nothing. Nothing to type, nothing for itches to do. Seems he is going to stay in the quiet state of awe fot a bit longer now

Last edited by itches; 9th of August, 2002 at 01:41.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 02:20
Gralhruk

Shade really likes Maeko, especially because she seems so independant and centered. Shade has always lacked focus; she doesn't examine her own behavior deeply enough to avoid the pitfalls she keeps falling into. On some level, she can feel Maeko's 'sense of self' and subconsciously hopes to emulate it.

And I know what you mean about avoiding the 'teenage male gamer fantasy chick'. When I created Shade, I thought I'd stay away from the bisexual, well-endowed, sexpot that seems to abound. That has, of course, made it rather difficult to find a character portrait for her. I suppose I'll have to get around to making my own one of these days.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 02:25
Cadrius

I saw a picture of Shar in the Faiths and Pantheons book. It reminded me of Shade. Dark hair, somewhat hidden face, two blades. Not quite right, but interesting nonetheless.

And as a strapping, blond six footer I resent that Maeko! Ah, call it a flaw but my human and elven characters always seem to be close to my actual height, Cadrius here is an inch shorter than me.

Well we've done Maeko and Itches. Onto Cadrius. What do you all think of him?

Edit: I had to chuckle when I looked to see who was online, just the four of us.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 02:36
itches

Ahhh Cadirus

how do you spellhero worship? the simple fact is that Itches sees in Cadirus the hero that he once saw in himself.

adn yes i saw that the 4 of us were the only ones on. 4 out of the 5 ppl playing
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 02:46
Gralhruk

So, a small and mostly useless post but I don't want to do much until I hear what the rest of the folks are about. As a side note, I didn't make the ant thing up; I actually observed that in my back yard several years ago.

At any rate, on to Cadrius. What can I say? Shade is puzzled by him, but at the same time reads him like a book. She is both exasperated and touched by his behavior. She wants his accpetance but at the same time refuses to acknowledge any acceptance he gives her. She wants him to like her but is scared to death that he actually might like her.

34 years and this is all I've learned about women.

From As Good as it Gets
"How do you write women so well?"
"It's easy. I just think of a man, and then take away reason and accountability."
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 03:33
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

Cadrius? Maeko likes him, she respects him as a leader and 'feels' he is a good man, she also knows there is a lot he is not saying and something rather serious is gnawing at him, she would like to help him, but is afraid to take a wrong step and make thing worse.

No offence intended on six-footers , is the 'everybody is a magazine-model' attitude thar rubs me the wrong way, to me charisma is much more a personality factor than a physical beauty related one.

Gralhruk, my compliments on Shade.
In fact it may have backfired a little, since when I think of you I have to remind myself you aren't actually a woman...

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 9th of August, 2002 at 03:44.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 05:41
Gralhruk

I'm 5'8", 150 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes. No magazine model but I'm real. And definitely all male . I'm also the tallest person in my immediate family, and all throughout my school years I was the third shortest person in my class. Edit: third shortest male, that is.

Oddly enough (or not) most of my characters are short as well.

Last edited by Gralhruk; 9th of August, 2002 at 05:47.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 05:49
Cadrius

Interesting, one of my roommate's brothers is the tallest one in his family. He stands at 5'3". As you might imagine it's quite a bit of fun going over to see their family when you stand at least a foot taller than everyone else.

I can defintely understand how the archtypical fantasy characters can get boring. Man they get old fast, although I will admit preferring my PCs to be attractive, but that's likely due to my own vanity.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 05:55
Gralhruk

Most of my pc's are attractive but not gorgeous. I defintely picture Shade as being attractive. I'll have to check out that picture of Shar you mentioned.

Actually, I'm pretty tall even amongst my uncles, cousins, etc. Part of my Italian heritiage, I suppose .
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 06:01
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

Italian heritage?

I don't mean to pry, but do you know where from?

And yes, nobody wants to play an ugly character,mine are attractive as well, its just the supermodel look I can't stand.
Besides usually they are either Scandinavian looking or 'gorgeous archetipal Irish' looking, what about Asians, Africans, Mediterraneans and so on?

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 9th of August, 2002 at 06:15.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 06:09
Gralhruk

Bologna, I believe, although I'm a fourth generation american and my family history is a bit lacking.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 06:13
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

Beautiful city, not too far from my place, I live in the countryside near Verona.

Portrait Adoption
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 08:22
itches

I have played an ugly character. It is quite fun. And it is somewhat unusual for me to play a character with a Charisma this high.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 11:17
Gralhruk

I've always wanted to visit Italy. My wife and I had plans to go with her brother and his wife (she speaks fluent italian and has a bunch of relatives near Florence that she visits once in a great while). Of course, my wife got pregnant and we had to bow out of the trip so we missed out on what looked like a great vacation .

We did get a wonderful son out of it, though .
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 15:13
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

I think you got the better deal!

Italy is still here, I can assure you... .

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 9th of August, 2002 at 15:22.
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 17:19
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #152
Back on Topic (if that can be done)

This is specifically for Gralhruk, though everyone else might get a kick out of it.

I'll let you describe what you find (especially since I'm not there now), but the remains of the campsite (such as it was) are still there. As for how my character was "occupied", let's just say that he was caught with his breeches down.

<--- Hey look! I've got skin now!
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 02:36
Cadrius

So the strangest thing just happened. I was reading Gral's latest post while there's some music playing on my stereo. I don't know who put in the cd, but this fiddle, guitar, and drum trio comes on (possibly a flute in there, hard to say). Suffice to say, it blended perfectly with the post. The tempo and tone swelled in the appropriate places and slowed in others. Seriously, it left me with goosebumps.

I think I'm going to start posting while listening to mood appropriate music.

Edit: Right, so I had no idea that was going to develop when I started that IC post. Then again, I must say I'm pleased by the fact that I can surprise myself with plot twists in my own writing.

Last edited by Cadrius; 10th of August, 2002 at 03:00.