Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #201  
Unread 6th of April, 2005, 01:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Bending over Shade's prone form, Blarth wills the tattoo on his right bicep into a semblance of life. Anyone watching would see the tattoo crawl down his arm and transfer itself to Shade before dissapearing out of sight under her armor. A few moments later a strange film seems to envelope Shade momentarily before sinking into her skin, bridging the gaps in her flesh left by the lion's claws.

"Stay put," Blarth says, as Shade begins to come round, "That lion didn't do you any favors and the healing tattoo I used on you is not nearly enough to repair all your wounds."

[OOC: Transfer an activate a Body Adjustment tattoo. Shade is healed of 12 points of damage.]
  #202  
Unread 6th of April, 2005, 03:34
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Surayon pulls another arrow out of the quiver at her shoulder, swiftly drawing, nocking and raising the arrow to her cheek. The first lion is lying on the ground, presumably out of the fight for now, so she switches her attention to the second one just as it cuffs Ben and sends him flying backwards.
Warriors. Warriors and their insistence on standing in the way of things.

Surayon aims carefully, letting the air out of her lungs; then she stops breathing entirely. The world seems to slow to a crawl as the arrow leaves the bow - she can see the lion turn its head towards where she stands, and watches as the arrow hits the animal in the eye, plunging through and into the socket.

The world comes back with a rush, and Surayon hears a shriek of triumph echoing over the lion's agonised roars. It takes a moment to realise that the sounds are her own voice.


[[OOC - critical hit on the second lion, 18 points of damage]]
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #203  
Unread 7th of April, 2005, 06:40
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
The sound of another lion's roar, along with someone shouting over the din of combat, reached Ben's ears, along with the lion's. It turned to look where the roar had come from, and in that split second an arrow pierced into its eye. Underneath the sound of its painful roar, one might be able to hear the sound of the other lion's monstrous body crashing to the ground, but Ben was too busy concentrating on his foe to hear it. An arrow in its eye, several scars across its flank from other arrows, and the red line from Ben's earlier attack should have dropped a normal person, and not even the troll yesterday had taken this much hurt and kept on going.

The lion seemed to consider its options, pausing for a split second as its one good eye bore on Ben, all alone with the lion between him and his companions. Ben gritted his teeth, expecting the worse from this beast, and the lion didn't seem to intent on disappointing him. Letting out a roar, it turned and lept at him, claws and teeth bared. Ben threw himself to the side, trying to hold his sword out to feebly block the beast's claws, but the massive lion simply landed where he had been and kept running. The long, loping gait of the massive cat would have been graceful to Ben, if his ribs hadn't complained when he landed on the ground, just as it whooshed by him. In the blink of an eye, the only sound of the beast was the rustling sounds it made as it fled.
  #204  
Unread 7th of April, 2005, 11:45
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
In the post battle lull, Nicos stood still taking stock of the situation, hearing his seemingly overly loud breathing, and feeling his skin tingle from the magic he had just cast.

Ben was covered in more then a little blood, some undoubtable his. Shade was down - but awake and absolutely drenched in crimson. Even Xandir has a growing red stain on his chest. Giving a sigh, the bard walked over towards where his dagger lay in the dirt, rasing his voice as he did so.

"Alright, how badly is everyone hurt?"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #205  
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 01:19
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Xandir lets his chain drop to the ground. "Oh, I'm just fine, thanks." His face suddenly gets extremely pale. "Mind if I just lie down for a bit?" His legs collapse beneath him, and he slumps to the ground, breathing a little too fast.
  #206  
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 04:52
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
The feeling of falling, down a dark well, her hands and feet skimming sides like slick mud.

A cold swell in her gut, radiating outward like the pulse of an ice flow, numbing her body in exponential degrees with each passing beat.

A single disk of light far above, rapidly shrinking to the tiniest pinprick, and then darkness, sweet darkness.

It is all over. Finally over.

The thought had barely finished its short course to this audience of one when she hit bottom with force enough to rattle her mind and shatter her body. Grey eyes opened to painfully bright sunlight and a half-familiar, half-forgotten, half-orc face. He says something that doesn't register with her. She rolls on her side, a thin rattling noise coming from her chest as she exhales. The pain that wracks her searingly comes in waves that coincide with the beat of her heart.

Alive and I don't ever want to move again are the two things that go through her head.

And there, on the ground in front of her, is a silver pendant. Her eyes go wide and she rolls to her stomach despite the pain, reaching out with her right hand to cover it. With an effort consisting mostly of will, she shoves herself to a standing position, picking it up and thrusting it into her cloak as she does so. Her voice is ragged.

"The lions?"

In the post attack disarray, her shredded cloak happens to be a poor container. Unbeknownst to her, the little locket on its silver chain slides through one of the gaping rents now present in her cloak and puddles onto the ground behind her.

Last edited by Gralhruk; 11th of April, 2005 at 22:33.
  #207  
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 06:16
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"One fled, the other in worse shape than you," Blarth replies.

"You really shouldn't be moving. The power of the tattoo was insufficent to heal you completely. If you're not careful you could easily strain yourself."

Standing, Blarth goes over to the heaving form of the lion. At his approach its eyes flutter open, probing widly for a moment before focusing on Blarth. As the two make eye contact, the lion's labored breathing changes a little as it tries to shift its own weight. As the attempt fails, however, a resigned look enters its eyes. Even with its mate to tend it, it would stand little chance of recovery. Here, amongst the enemies that had brought it down, its life was forfeit.

Taking his club, Blarth raises it above his head and brings it down quickly on the lion's head, putting it out of its misery. Blinking back a tear, Blarth wipes his face as if to remove a splatter of blood or dust to cover it up.

Hefting the lion's body over onto its back, Blarth takes a dagger and begins to gut and skin it.
  #208  
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 23:25
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
"Well, looks like we're going to be here for the next few minutes," Nicos muttered to himself. Turning to look up at Surayon, the bard yelled, "Surayon! Go make sure that thing isn't just trying to circle around us or something. And be careful."

Turning back in time to witness Blarth's butchering of the large creature, the bard couldnít help but wince in sympathy.

-And now we pretend that I know how to heal people- Nicos thought as he moved towards Shade and Xandir lay. -I can only deal with one person at a time, so first up we deal with who looks the worse; the ever-fun-loving Shade.-

Dropping into a crouch next to the woman, the bard raised an eyebrow at her condition. "No offence, but you've looked better. I'm going to have to take a look at those wounds."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 10th of April, 2005 at 00:44.
  #209  
Unread 10th of April, 2005, 04:49
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Xandir rolls over onto his back, trying to steady his breathing, get some color back to his skin. "Trolls, hungry lions, what's next?"
  #210  
Unread 10th of April, 2005, 07:22
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
Shooting a grin at Xandir, Nicos responds. "Next you get the memorable experience of having me patch you up."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #211  
Unread 11th of April, 2005, 03:48
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Surayon moves back, circling the area and picking up the lion's trail easily enough - it leads due south, straight away from the oasis, not deviating or slowing, the tracks far enough apart to see that the lion is in headlong flight. Taking a quick glance around the area - she could do without any more of those kind of encounters for one night - she heads back to the others, her breathing slowing and calming as the bloodlust too slowly leaves her.
Walking back into the oasis, she looks quickly over the others. Shade looks to be in the worst shape, with the new man and Ben a little better.
Surayon glances over at Nicos, the inflectionless voice returning, "If you don't need me here, I'll go make sure we aren't surprised again."
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #212  
Unread 11th of April, 2005, 10:26
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
He's always been too late. Be it his sword arm, his legs, or his mind, Cadrius has always been just a little late when life is on the line. This time, however, a life will not be on his hands. The others present were swift of mind and body. Shade lives and so too does Cadrius' conscience.

The fallen paladin stops short though as he sees a glitter of silver in the dirt. He frowns and then stoops to return the item to Shade.
  #213  
Unread 12th of April, 2005, 01:26
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
Shade grimaces at the information the others blurt out. Healed, by Blarth? Somewhere it even makes sense, as she recalls the way they found him on this same plain days ago, but for him to help her . . .

Well, she did not feel good about the way she had treated him. Somewhere, too, is the realization that she owed her life not just to Blarth, but to them all. That was Surayon's arrow in the creatures flank, and Xandir looked about as bad as she felt. The feeling fell somewhere between respect and revulsion. A wave of dizziness hit her and she sat down, feeling every bit as though she had just been pulled back from the brink of death. Beneath her clothing, she knew she was still bleeding and her right arm didn't want to move.

The aches and pains didn't matter as she saw Cadrius stoop. She felt frantically for the item she had just hidden, but it was gone. Nicos was crouched next to her, effectively preventing any move she might make. Then she saw the puzzled look on the former paladin's face and she dropped her own eyes.
  #214  
Unread 12th of April, 2005, 01:35
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
Frowning as Shade looked past him, Nicos followed her gaze to where Cadrius was hovering nearby.

"Ah," the man said as if he suddenly came to an understanding. "I tell you what; you don't look like you're going to die in the next few minutes so I'll check out Xandir and Ben."

Rising, the bard left with a nod to Cadirus, taking the steps necessary to stand over Xandir. Pursing his lips Nicos formed the frown which had been settling into his face too often in the last few minutes.

"Let me help you out of that tunic," he said. "I gauge your wounds."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #215  
Unread 12th of April, 2005, 01:59
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Carefully slitting the great beast's hide down the center of its chest and stomach, Blarth recites a traditional hunting prayer as he does so.

"Gruumsh, let the strength that filled this worthy advisary flow into your mighty servant."

Removing the guts from the now open lower abdomenal cavity, Blarth continues the prayer, "As I discard the remnants of its bodily life, take its spirt up to serve you."

Carefully cutting free the heart and testicles of the great creature, Blarth takes a large leaf from one of the nearby trees and carefully wraps them.

He then makes quick work of removing the rest of the skin. A cut around the neck. Another down the inside of each leg and around the paw. A careful flencing of the outer layer of fat and meat away from the bulk to preserve the skin.

Budling up the skin, Blarth leaves the now naked corpse. The fresh kill would atract any predators or scavengers in the area once the party had left. Except maybe for the lion's mate. In anycase, as long as they were down wind from the carcas, they would be relatively safe from attack tonight.
  #216  
Unread 12th of April, 2005, 05:26
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Ben sat there, not moving for a few moments after the lion had apparently run off. He was still panting, just staring at the point where the giant cat had disappeared. But a pang from his chest made him grimace, pulling him out of whatever reviere he had been in. He sheathed his sword back on his belt, then slowly started removing the chain-link, his ribs complaining with each movement, dictating his slow movement.

He could feel the warm sensation of warmth moving down his side though, and he needed to check to see how bad it was. He looked at his shirt, which had a couple of minor tears in it now, it was covered in blood along most of his right side, but he couldn't tell how much of it was his. Pulling that off too, grimacing as a particularly fierce pang went up and down his torso, he opened one eye and looked down at the source of the blood.

It wasn't really that bad. Like he'd though before, the beast's claws had gotten tangled in his armor, but apparently it had still given him a couple of cuts a centimeter or two deep. Judging from the way the blood was just now trickle down to his waist, he was pretty sure they should just turn into scars and wouldn't be life-threatening.

Another pang in his chest reminded him that he hadn't just gotten a couple of flesh wounds from the lion. He wrapped one of his arms around his chest, hoping to relieve the pain somewhat, and rose up, grabbing his shirt and chain-link garb. Not necessarily limping, but not moving as fast as he should, he eventually got over to where Nicos was kneeling over that knew guy, the magician Xandir.

"Anything I can do to help," he asked to one-armed bard, hoping that this newcomer's wounds wouldn't require the same methods that Cadrius' had required yesterday.
  #217  
Unread 12th of April, 2005, 21:14
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
Looking in Ben's direction at the question, Nicos involuntarily winced as he caught site of Blarth gutting the Lion.

"See if you can help him remove the tunic without killing either of you. I'm going to get my pack, it has what little healing gear I posses."

Turning his back on them, Nicos lightly ran up to where his discarded pack lay.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #218  
Unread 13th of April, 2005, 04:03
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Sitting up wasn't too bad. That wound on his side felt like little more than a scratch. As he undid the buckles at his sides, he barely felt the claw-mark. Then he lifted his arms, reaching to pull his armor off... and the pain hit. It was a glancing strike, but those claws must've dug deep. Fighting off a wave of nausea, and certain that his face showed it, he quickly grabbed the back of the leather coat and yanked it over his head. Fresh blood flowed from the wound, just below his ribs. One of them felt like it might've cracked from the impact.

Tossing the armor to the ground, he said, "Nothing a good bandage can't fix." Then he fell back, again fighting to resist the urge to pass out.
  #219  
Unread 14th of April, 2005, 04:24
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Ben nodded to Nicos as the bard got up to go get his supplies. He turned to see Xandir unbuckling his armor, wanting to help but realizing that he might just make the wound worse if he did. Better to let the man who could feel his injuries take his own garb off, if he could. The other man was obviously in pain, small gasps escaping from his mouth as he almost ripped his armor off.

Ben smirked at the magicians comment. "A bandage and maybe a few stitchings more likely, but unfortunately for you I'm not a seamstress," the warrior responsed. "Now roll over so the injury is facing up. You don't want dirt to get into your wound." He layed his shirts down and moved to help the injured man to roll over, but another pang from his rib made him gasp and crings as he stopped for a split second to let it subside.

He opened an eye a second later and looked down at Xandir. All that blood, he might go unconscious any second now. He didn't know if Nicos would want him awake or not, but it would probably be easier to let him drift into darkness than have to wake him up later.

"Well magician" Ben said, trying to keep Xandir awake. "First a troll, now a pair of lions, all of them bent of eating us it seems. I think, perhaps, you may just be a good luck charm. For the animals, I mean."
  #220  
Unread 14th of April, 2005, 07:24
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
"Great," Xandir replies, wondering why Ben kept referring to him as a magician. "All I need is a little tenderizer, some herbs and spices, and we're all ready for the menagerie. You planning on at least cooking me first, or should they just settle for me raw?"
  #221  
Unread 15th of April, 2005, 13:59
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Ben smirked at the man's morbid humor. At least he was a little more light-hearted than the rest of this lot seemed to be. Of course, it only reminded Ben of his own dark stains.

"I wouldn't know personally," he said as he glanced over at the hill, "but maybe you should ask your cat that, since its sort of related to lions. Maybe it can tell you which makes you taste better."
  #222  
Unread 16th of April, 2005, 00:08
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Xandir looks over to his discarded pack. Kahlan sits on it, completely focused on washing one paw. Xandir curls up his lip, saying, "She says I'd be tough and stringy, even if I were cooked all the way, and not worth the effort of chewing. Thanks a lot. I wonder if there's a way to smell tough and chewy, so that anything else we run into won't want to eat us?"

As Ben finishes his bandaging, Xandir looks over to Shade. "How's she doing?" As if in response to his concern, Kahlan hops off the pack, trots over to Shade, and sits in her lap. She begins purring loudly and kneading Shade's thigh.
  #223  
Unread 16th of April, 2005, 01:11
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
Hoping to avoid any questions from Cadrius, Shade decides to examine her wounds. Thanks to Blarth, her insides aren't leaking out of her stomach anymore. However, his healing seems to have done little or nothing for the other injuries she had sustained. The armor on her shoulders had protected her from the worst of the clawing - it will need repairing, but she knows she would have been dead without it.

Both her shoulders are punctured and her lower thighs and knees have long, precise incisions thanks to the razor sharp claws of the lion. That is far from the worst of it, though. Her right arm has been sliced to the bone near her elbow; luckily the beast's paws were so large that only one claw was still in contact at that point.

Gritting her teeth, she stares carefully pulls at the edges, looking to see if anything is trapped inside. Satisfied, she pulls out a small flask of alcohol. It would keep the wound from festering, but it was not going to be pleasant. Her grey eyes find Cadrius.

"Will you do the honors?"

She hands him the flask as she pulls a small dagger out of her belt. She bites firmly on the hilt and waits.
  #224  
Unread 21st of April, 2005, 02:06
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
The locket hangs between his armored fingers, the silver of the chain shines all the brighter against the dust coated steel. It sways back and forth from an ever present wind. It's cold out in the open. Given their elevation and the season, Cadrius wouldn't be surprised to see the first flakes of snow soon. Yet the dryness that permeates the landscape suggests that it might not happen after all.

His eyes remain fixed to the small bit of silver. It and his blade used to be the only two things that kept him going. Now he wonders if it ever really belonged to him. No, it belongs to a dead man. This Cadrius cares naught for it.

"A thing like this"--he holds the locket out for Shade to take--"is easily broken. Do be careful of it."

He takes the flask in one hand and winces as he kneels. His wounds will be a long time in healing; if his eye is any judge, Shade's will be the same. They're clean enough, given the circumstances, but they could be cleaner. The oasis nearby may well serve.

"It may be better to boil this first. It will hurt more, but there will be no chance of festering."
  #225  
Unread 21st of April, 2005, 02:56
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.24 per day)
Nicos finally returned with his pack once more strapped to his back, and a vial of something murky in his hand.

"Here," he said holding it out to Xandir. "Drink this and it will help you heal. It also tastes vile enough to distract you from the pain - which is unfortunately the best I can do for now."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren