Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > Scales of War

Unread 4th of November, 2009, 05:06
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Character Creation

As I said, character creation is to be a collaborative effort so that I'm dealing with a single party rather than 5 individuals. This shouldn't affect your mechanical choices, for the most part, but it will play a fairly important role in character backgrounds.

To that end, here are the guidelines:
  • Each character should have a prior relationship to at least 2 of the other party members. This relationship can be any kind you want, so long as it is not antagonistic (i.e. it shouldn't lead to PvP combat).
  • Characters are starting in Brindol, a small city near the center of the Elsir Vale. If your character isn't local to the area, then you'll need a reason to be there.
Unread 5th of November, 2009, 05:27
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Mechanical Character Creation Guidelines:

The RPGA Character Creation Guide forms the basis for the character creation. There are a few exceptions, however:
  • No rewards cards. If you play in the RPGA normally and have rewards cards, you cannot use them in this campaign.
  • Neither the appendix on Convention Specials, nor the Living Forgotten Realms specific rules apply. Basically you need not read past page 4 of the document.
  • Characters should select Scales of War backgrounds (Dragon #366) or General ones (Player's Handbook 2, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Dragon #371, Dragon #373, and Dragon #374). You may pick up to 6 as a way to flesh out your character, but gain the background benefit from only one. If you want to use a background benefit that comes with an FR or Eberron background and is not duplicated by those which are allowed, you must reflavor the background to get rid of the FR or Eberron specific references and get my approval on the reflavoring. If you do not have the above listed resources, I'll help out with the selection of your background(s).
  • Dragonmarks are allowed, but their connections to the great houses of Eberron and the Draconic Prophesy are removed. You will need to come up with your own flavor for the dragonmark and its effect if you take one.