Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Kahluah's Games > The Old Freeport

Unread 30th of January, 2002, 06:54
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
Exclamation Important, Please Read.

Ok guys, I'm going to start to have to get tighter on my updating policy. I understand that life can get hectic (I know this because my life gets like that too) and all that, but sometimes people are going through anywhere between 2 days an a week and a half between posting, and in my opinion it's beginning to get beyond a joke now.

It wouldn't be so bad if people would let me know via email or something that you are having problems getting onto the boards, but my inbox is empty of anything of the sort. I really can't keep emailing you all to remind you to post because it is making me feel like I have to hound you to get you in, and I don't like having to do that.

I'm not blaming anybody in particular here, this is a general whinge about something that has been plaguing me for a short while now.

So now, I've decided to put time limits on posts. At the end of each major update I do, I will post the time and date I will do my next major update (giving 2-3 days in between to give you all time to reply). I will give this time/date in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) so you can work out what time in your area you will need to reply by.

If I do not get any warnoing from any of you that you can't make it for a while, and you are gone for one week (real time), I will place your character in Holdsafe (a mythical place where people come and go from). Otherwise, people not replying in time will continue to slow the game down for themselves, myself, and the other players.

If you feel I am being too harsh or anything with this system, please feel free to tell me and give suggestions as to how you feel it should be done.

Thank you.
Andy.
Unread 31st of January, 2002, 03:07
Eighteez
Zombie

Member: #11
Right On

I agree 100%.

Either play or don't. Sure I dont have huge posts everyday. But I do read the board everyday and post something almost everyday.

Jeremy aka Drumish
Unread 1st of February, 2002, 06:34
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

Member: #4
I too read the boards everyday, but dont usually reply untill a few days has past (unless im needed). Usually I wait untill an excessive ammount of time has passed (3-5 days), or 2 or 3 people have posted after my latest.
Unread 1st of February, 2002, 17:11
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
*shrug* I'm usually more of the quality over quantity kind of guy (hence the sometimes lengthy messages). I don't see much of a problem skipping a day if a post from you isn't needed. I mean, you all get enough of Cadrius as is, you don't need him jumping in your face all the time. Or do you?

Last edited by Cadrius; 5th of February, 2002 at 11:52.
Unread 1st of February, 2002, 17:45
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
I realise this, and i know that most of the time, the posting value isn't a problem.. just that sometimes i dn't hear hide nor hair of people for ages, and am not sure what has happened.

I just like to know what's going on, and stuff.. tis all..