Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Kahluah's Games > The Old Freeport

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 25th of January, 2002, 04:37
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Freeport: Chapter 2 (IC)

((Please note that when we are able to hook the preceeding chapters onto this thread/board, we will do so, but until that time, please refer to the threads on the 3EBB that currently exist. Thanks for all the co-operation. -Andy))

The group finally reconviene after visiting their respective stalls, shops and other such places, the ebb and flow of the market place, and indeed the whole district, not ceasing staunch itsself. Cadrius manages to locate a disguise kit, full with all that is needed to make 10 changes to his, or anyone elses, appearance.

By the time he is disguised enough and dressed in the dark cloak, it is just coming on dusk when you reach the Docks. The sight that falls before you is simply stunning.

Silhouetted across the bay a few miles out stands the Lighthouse of Drac, or as Glorianya and many others call it, Milton's Folly. It doesn't seem to be completes, and those with the keenest of eyesight can see the scaffholding silhouetted against the half completed building.

As night falls, the cloak that Cadrius is wearing seems to shimmer for a second before the fabric seems to darken slightly.

((Sorry, I had to take a few liberties with this post, just to get things moving again. The good orc captain hasn't left his ship yes, I'll wait for you to post what you are doing before that happens, if at all.
Also, Cadrius, can you please tell me how many of the party you have decided to try and disguise using your disguise kit, so I know how many applications to take out of it.
Finally, we now have a calendar, so please see the OOC thread for details.
))
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #2  
Unread 25th of January, 2002, 12:47
Eighteez's Avatar
Eighteez
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #11
Location: Altoona IA, USA
Posts: 93 (0.02 per day)
The Plan Goes Into Action!

Drumish eyes Cadrius's cloak suspiciously.....

"Well Cad, what are we doing exactly. You gonna tail this Scarbelly fellow or are a few of us gonna confront him under the guise of bounty hunters?"

"We're losing daylight here. we need to get this plan moving!"

"THen its ale for all, 'eh Darbin!"
  #3  
Unread 26th of January, 2002, 04:10
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
A plan to beat all other plans...

The rogue runs his hand over the cloak amazed at it's fine craftsmanship. He makes a mental note to visit Glorianya at a later date and thank her again.

He shrugs at the dwarf's question and says, "I am more than happy to do either. Yet what is preventing us from combining both of these plans into one masterpiece?" he asks raising an eyebrow for emphasis.

"Let me skulk after him and utilize my brand new cloak, but you four can also follow us from a safe distance. Once we figure out where he is, we can meet up and decide what to do. If I lose you then we should have a little rendevouz point where I can check back and pick you all up," he smiles pleased with himself and asks, "well? How about that?"

The rogue pauses and drums his fingers along the disguise kit in his hand. "Either way, we should...disguise ourselves so that if our esteemed Captain ever seeks to find us, we'll look nothing like what he remembers."

Last edited by Cadrius; 26th of January, 2002 at 04:12.
  #4  
Unread 27th of January, 2002, 03:41
Bronze Unicorn's Avatar
Bronze Unicorn
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #27
Posts: 107 (0.02 per day)
"Agreed" says Delora. "Time moves quickly; let's get to work!"
  #5  
Unread 27th of January, 2002, 19:46
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee nods in agreement with Cadrius' words.

"Of course it might still do us well to play along another act, as Drumish (OOC: Darbin?) has said before. Bounty Hunters might be a little harsh though, long lost friends or friends of a friend might be a better idea."
  #6  
Unread 29th of January, 2002, 12:08
Bronze Unicorn's Avatar
Bronze Unicorn
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #27
Posts: 107 (0.02 per day)
"The orc might respect a bounty hunter more than a friend of a friend... he is a pirate after all...."

Delora looks at the quickly setting sun. "Let's go before we miss him getting off the boat!"
  #7  
Unread 29th of January, 2002, 22:51
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
"Aye, Delora. Unless he has something to hide, in which case we might not get anything out of him at all. Another suggestion, we use fake names as well to better conceal our identity." Lee motions everyone forward and ponders hard to what names to use.

"Call me by Rowen." He smiles. "Always liked the name."
  #8  
Unread 30th of January, 2002, 02:22
Eighteez's Avatar
Eighteez
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #11
Location: Altoona IA, USA
Posts: 93 (0.02 per day)
The plan goes into action

"And call me, DARBIN!" yells Drumish jovially! "Slapping Darbin on the back.

"AHhhhhh, that'll never work, call me Gunthar. Yes! Gunthar."

Drumish starts undoing his pony tail and messing up his hair.
  #9  
Unread 30th of January, 2002, 06:37
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Twilight settles over the port coty of Freeport, and the torch-bearers have already lit the lanters that line the dockside, all stinging in the gentle sea breeze that blows from the ocean

As you all gather into your respective places for trying to catch the orcish captain, you see a rather broad shouldered figure walking from the direction of the Bloody Vengeance. He walks with a great stride, and a grimace sits across his face, from what you gather by the lanternlight. It seems as if the gangplank guard was right.. Scarbelly does indeed leave the ship every night.

- - Next DM update will occur Friday, 9:00AM (Greenwich Mean Time)

((OOC: could you all please refer to the below link, as it concerns every one of you. Thank you.))

http://www.online-role-playing.com/f...s=&threadid=84
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.

Last edited by Kahluah; 30th of January, 2002 at 06:57.
  #10  
Unread 30th of January, 2002, 07:35
Skreem's Avatar
Skreem
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #21
Location: California
Posts: 230 (0.04 per day)
Setting sun...

"Drumish, you always amaze me!" Darbin lets out a long, hearty, full bellied laugh. Composing himself he looks over at the rogue and smiles, "Perhaps I'll just clean up! Noone will recognize me!"

With that, he starts to straighten his hai, and pours a little bit of water on his hands, then briskly wipes his face down. The dirt slowly disappears from his face, and his wild, uncontrolled hair comes down in a much more manageable position. Threading lock over lock, he double braids his beard, and looks up to smile at everyone. Now, if only something could be done about these clothes!

"I think I'll go by the name Korban for the night. It's a name I'm familiar with, taught my father (who then taught me) how to keep aware of everything in a combat!"
  #11  
Unread 30th of January, 2002, 08:10
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
The rogue nods, amused by the dwarves and their banter. "Aye, it sound good enough. You all may call me Garamond. Fits well enough I do suspect," he says and shrugs.

"But night falls and we must hurry," he says quickly as he fastens the clasp of his newly purchased cloak around his neck.

"Let us be off, I will follow him until he stops. You all follow me, if we get lost, meet me back in the market. Agreed? So we shall approach as bounty hunters in search of the man. Very well."

With that the rogue steals off into the shadows of a nearby alley and waits for the Captain to come by so that the hunt may begin.

((OOC: I picked the marketplace because I really have no clue of how Freeport is set up, any other nearby place where the party will be able to get to is fine with me))
  #12  
Unread 31st of January, 2002, 03:15
Eighteez's Avatar
Eighteez
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #11
Location: Altoona IA, USA
Posts: 93 (0.02 per day)
The Plan Begins!

Drumish, with his new disguise as Gunthar, takes a swig from his waterskin and adjusts himself to his new look. He follows Garamond in the direction of the docks.

You catch him muttering something to himself. A huge grin on his face.
  #13  
Unread 31st of January, 2002, 17:25
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee clears his throat, and nods to Cadrius indicated he is ready and watches as the rogue skits off to follow the captain. Lee turns to his remaining companions.

"Here we go." He whispers in a grim and quiet tone.
  #14  
Unread 1st of February, 2002, 00:33
Bronze Unicorn's Avatar
Bronze Unicorn
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #27
Posts: 107 (0.02 per day)
Delora giggles a little, and wraps her arms around Lee's neck.

" Ol' Scarbelly won't notice a couple of amorous lovers. That'll make a perfect disguise."

She drops her arms and slides one around Lee's waist.

"Let's go, my sweet."
  #15  
Unread 1st of February, 2002, 18:43
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Cadrius skirts along through the shadows, his brand new cloak working perfectly to hide him in the darkness, just as Glorianya said it would. He trails the Orc captain through the docks, and the orc seems to barely notice the two lovers or the pair of dwarves that seem to also trail him, albeit slowly.

The rogue see's Scarbelly enter the Rusty Hook, on the dockside, before he goes to tell his companions of the captain's whereabouts.

Next major DM update will occur on Monday @ 9:00 AM, GMT. I will post conversations and other things that happen before then, but the next major one will be at that time.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #16  
Unread 2nd of February, 2002, 05:56
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Silk Shadows

Cadrius sneaks through the port district of town following the pirate captain carefully. Occasoinally he looks back over his shoulder to see if his friends are keeping up. Satisfied he continues to trail his target. Moving from shadow to shadow, the night protects and shrouds him from prying eyes.

This is almost too easy, he thinks as he ducks behind a now empty merchant's stall.

As the captain enters the Rust Hook the rogue is watching from a nearby alley. Noting his gait, what he's carrying, any distinguishing features.

"So we were right, he is after a tavern. Then again, where else would a pirate captain go after a long day of robbing and pillaging?" the rogue whispers amusing himself.

He creeps back down the street a bit until he is right next to his companions. Grinning the handsome man emerges from the shadows his arms spread wide. He seems to enjoy the fact that he was able to suddenly appear in their midst.

"I do believe we've found him," Cadrius says still smiling, "if you'll be so kind as to follow me." He does a mock bow and lifts his arm to point back up the street where he had originally been.

Last edited by Cadrius; 4th of February, 2002 at 05:49.
  #17  
Unread 2nd of February, 2002, 06:07
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee gives Cadrius a wee bow.

"Well Done, Garamond." Lee says seriously. "I suspect its time to get a drink?" He smiles at his companions before taking Delora in arms and heading off towards the Rusty Hook.
  #18  
Unread 2nd of February, 2002, 13:02
Bronze Unicorn's Avatar
Bronze Unicorn
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #27
Posts: 107 (0.02 per day)
Delora smiles, and unlaces her bodice a little.

"Need to look the part, after all."

She turns back towards the others.

"Perhaps you three should confront the good captain and we'll be in reserve." She smiles at Cadrius as she pushes a little away from Lee. "As if you couldn't handle him yourself..."
  #19  
Unread 4th of February, 2002, 05:55
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
The rogue rolls his eyes knowing Delora's game but helpless to avoid it all the same. He gurmbles to himself about women being his only weakness. He raises his eyebrow as she loosens her bodice and then chuckles.

"Hmph, true enough. Someone with my wit, charm, and good graces would be more than a match for that oaf. However I would appreciate having some stout friends with me," he smiles toward his two vertically challenged companions

"Indeed my friend," speaking to the bard, "I do think I'm a bit parched myself. Shall we see you on the inside? Come Darbin and Drumish, we've got a captain to speak to."

With that Cadrius begins strolling down the street toward the tavern. He keeps his pace slow for the dwarves to keep up and to make it seem as if he has all the time in the world.

Once out in front of the establishment he looks around nonchalantly and then nods as if the Rusty Hook will suffice for their drinking that evening.

Last edited by Cadrius; 5th of February, 2002 at 01:14.
  #20  
Unread 4th of February, 2002, 07:55
Eighteez's Avatar
Eighteez
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #11
Location: Altoona IA, USA
Posts: 93 (0.02 per day)
Ahhhh ALE!!!!!!!!

Drumish grins widely as the tailing is a success!

"I knew it! He says happily. He is going to the tavern. And why wouldn't he? Thats where I'd go. Now. Are we assuming our second identities as people looking for Lucius?"
  #21  
Unread 4th of February, 2002, 20:14
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
You enter the Rusty Hook and are greeted by the sight of ruffians, dockworkers and other assorted mishmash of people. In the far corner sits the orc captain, Scarbelly, already chowing down a hot bowl of chowder. He is alone at his table (a two seater table in the corner), a gleaming axe with an unusually sharp edge sitting at his side.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #22  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 04:14
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
The Dangerous Liason

The rogue nods to his dwarven companions and says quietly in their native tongue, "Yes, we will continue to use our false names and disguises."

He pauses for a moment and breathes in the air of the tavern. The sweat mingled with blood and the overriding aroma of ale reminds him of his home in another city. Serving girls scurry from table to table getting drunks drunker. It isn't his particularly favorite kind of tavern, but it had its good points. Such as the serving girls, and the drunks, and the fact were it to come to blows there wouldn't be much interference. He glances at the gleaming axe and makes a mental note to himself to try and avoid violence.

"Follow my lead boys, let's see what this captain is made of," the handsome man winks and strides forward with his dwarven vanguard.

"Captain Scarbelly, I presume?" he inquires with the proper mixture of respect and boredom in the voice of a man who has been working all day and is eager to finish his task.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Garamond. These are my associates Gunthar and Korban. We are in the bounty hunting business and our client informed us that you may have had dealings with our target, a man named Lucius? He was a minor priest and librarian for that knowledge god, what is his name? Boccob? Yes," he strokes his goatee as he says, "if you are inclined to aid us, we could certainly make it worth your while."

((OOC: What in the hell is he trying to do? Diplomacy in the beginning, bluff in the middle, and innuendo at the end. Here's hoping he realizes he's talking about money and not a romantic getaway with your's truly.))
  #23  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 06:19
Skreem's Avatar
Skreem
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #21
Location: California
Posts: 230 (0.04 per day)
RE: Liason

Putting on the air of importance that befits bounty-hunters, and matching the rogue's casual stride (although a bit hurried), Darbin follows close to his right side. Glancing over to smile at Drumish as the enter the rough-house also called a tavern.

The atmosphere in the Rusty Hook seems to appeal to Darbin as he strides alongside his companions. He lifts his nose ever so slightly to catch wind of the many ales and meats and drunks.

Seeing their target, his attention focuses on all potential threats in the area. Seeing only the axe at Scarbelly's side, and no other companions of Scarbelly around gives Darbin some definite concern about starting a fight with this pirate.

Darbin stands quietly as Cadrius gives his interesting introduction.

hmmm... this could go very well... more likely it's gonna be ugly!
  #24  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 07:59
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
Lee and Delora enter the tavern about half a minute after the first free, he escorts Delora to a table well in view of the captain without having to glance side ways or behind and sits Delora down like a true gentleman.
  #25  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 11:37
Bronze Unicorn's Avatar
Bronze Unicorn
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #27
Posts: 107 (0.02 per day)
Delora giggles a little and leans down onto the table as if she is already a little tipsy, smiling. She leans over to Lee to whisper into his ear (speaking loud enough to be heard over the noise):

"Looks like he is alone. They might not need us after all!"

She then nips slightly at the edge of Lee's ear.

((OOC: Are there any other orcs in the room?))
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren