Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this game?
Yes! 3 25.00%
Maybe, I'd like to know more. 5 41.67%
No 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 21st of March, 2008, 16:13
opSneakie
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #2956
Interest: Towers of the Ancients

Hey, I'm new to this forum, but experienced in both tabletop and PbP. I'm looking to run an exploration, role-playing heavy game, in a semi-generic fantasy setting. The system will be D&D 3.5, but I'm more fussed about good narration and creativity than the dice.

Here's the game idea in a nutshell: All around the world of Enrith, there are these ruins. Old buildings and towers, walls, bits of a civilization long gone. Newer settlements are often built into the older ruins, and people rarely gave much thought to the Ancients or what happened to them, beyond a passing curiosity.

The Larganna Kingdom has just had a change in leadership, however, and the new King is absolutely fascinated by the Ancients. Their buildings are impervious to even the most powerful magics, their weapons crafted to a perfection that would put dwarven smiths to shame, and yet, they seem to have vanished completely, leaving only bits of buildings behind. What destroyed them? How did they build and make the wonders they did?

The new King has sent out a call to adventurers across the continent, to explore the southern end of the continent, beyond the Impassable Mountains (aptly named). The reefs surrounding this southern half of the continent are treacherous, but the King has struck up a deal with the elves native to the islands in the area, and they have agreed to navigate a small party to shore.

^-- That's the idea for the game. Characters I'd like to see could be anything from a bog-standard adventurer in it for the fame/wealth/etc, a prisoner receiving a pardon in exchange for the use of their 'unique' skills, a ship captain, and on and on.

So, who's interested, who wants to know more? Go go.
Unread 21st of March, 2008, 17:13
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
Ooohhh, neat old exploration and dungeon crawling. I like the sound of that

Have a few potential concepts floating around my head, but I'd need to know a bit more.
Unread 21st of March, 2008, 23:50
Icebird
Bodak

Member: #731
You say you're experienced in PbP - do you have a link to a game you've run or played in before? I find that one of the primary reasons games die is because of different player/DM styles. Even generic DnD means a lot of different things to different people. I'm interested, but want more information.

Also, low medium or high level? I'm a big fan of the 2-4 range.
Unread 22nd of March, 2008, 02:20
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
I also like starting anywhere from level 3-4. You don't die quite as easily as at levels 1 and 2

I don't mind higher levels, either.
Unread 23rd of March, 2008, 12:33
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
Oooh, I like this idea. Especially since I don't do exploration type games very often at all. Sounds like fun!

the 3-5 level range sounds good to me as well. I abhor starting at level 1, but if the level is too high the game can ground out too quickly.
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 05:07
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

Member: #1488
I'm somewhat interested, but sadly that doesn't count for shit due to my determination to not ruin my other games by stretching too thin. But I'll probably stalk you as you play. Welcome to ORP.
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 11:38
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
More information please.

Would a slightly higher level be possible? (say, 6-8?)

Allowed resources?

Other character creation rules. Is it low or high powered? How common is magic in the world? (rare, common among the most elite, or common for everyone etc.)

Available races?
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 22:30
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
I'd be interested, very!