Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 10:36
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
The coffee-like drink is strong, strong enough to make Juni shudder as it surges over her taste buds and down her throat. "Unggh!" she chokes, but it is not the caustic flavor that causes the upset; it is the buzz. The stuff seems to go right to her head, burning off the residual fog from her sleepless night and snapping her eyes wide open.

"Wow!"

And that was just one sip!

Plain water will do just fine for Juni after that.

"Well," she says, turning finally to Shade. Her resentment has passed. Now she's just curious to see if the rogue managed to find out anything that will help Maeko. "How did things go after you left us yesterday? Did you discover who has been making trouble for Maeko and her sisters?"
  #52  
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 12:44
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Nicos walked into the inn, trying his best to ignore the haze caused by a night spent without sleep and the various injuries he had picked up, in particular a nasty looking cut through his right eyebrow. Following closely behind the bard was a young red haired woman, dressed in dark clothes and sporting a newly healed scar on on cheek. Spotting Shade, Blarth and Juni already seated, the bard grimaced them gestured for his companion to follow him over.

"Morning all," Nicos said settling down into a seat, his companion doing the same nearby. "This is Lynn, she gave me a hand with something last night so I thought the least I could do was buy her breakfast." Waving over a waitress and ignoring Lynn's eye roll at the bad joke, Nicos continued. "I trust we all slept well last night."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #53  
Unread 26th of May, 2007, 08:02
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
"I trust we all slept well last night," Nicos remarks.

Juni glances over at Shade. "Some of us... not so much," she says, more or less under her breath, then sighs and rests her elbow on the table, chin in hand. The caffeine-buzz was short-lived - maybe she should order a cup of xiaoc for herself!

She rouses sufficiently to be interested in Lynn, and smiles a welcome in the woman's direction. She wonders what Nicos means by gave me a hand with something but doesn't feel right about prying. She also wonders about the rather severe-looking cut over his eyebrow. That's two days in a row that he's come around looking the worse for wear. But again he doesn't seem inclined to talk about it. She doubts that there is much use in bringing it up.

"Have you seen Maeko this morning?" she asks instead.
  #54  
Unread 27th of May, 2007, 11:22
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
"Not since yesterday," Nicos commented, becoming distracted by the smell coming off the half-orc's drink. "Blarth, what under the stars is that?"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #55  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 02:09
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Xioac," Blarth replies, offering Nicos a sip from the fresh mug.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #56  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 10:51
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade eases back in her chair, crossing one leg under her and resting her rapidly cooling drink in her lap, remaining silent until the others have made their introductions and gotten comfortable. She barely raises an eyebrow at Nicos' new companion, devoting only moment to make a mental wager on how long this one would last. Less grating than Gemoud, though, so that was something.

The morning sun bothers her eyes - yet one more reason to spill her news and then go get some sleep. For a long moment she stares into the rippling gray surface of her drink, all color having quite faded from the world with the rising of the sun. She felt faded herself, exhausted from not only last night, but from the cumulative stress since her battle with Skathros and his pets. For a moment she can feel the heat of the flames, the otherworldly iciness of the shadows, the twisting, living dark . . . now somehow a part of her.

She speaks to break the spell, banish the demons.

"I think I found our man."

Flat gray eyes match the tonelessness of her voice. They land briefly on Lynn, then focus on nothing. Nicos wouldn't have brought her if he didn't trust her.

"Thunn Torver. He'd be just another cheap thug - not enough finesse or brains for anything serious - except his uncle is Rilip Torver, a fairly powerful merchant with some shady ties. Deals with things the more respectable families won't touch, but nothing outright criminal. Both the law and the guild
are inclined to look the other way when Thunn does something, unless it's really stupid, in which case Rilip has thus far bought them off.

Word is that Thunn has no love of foreigners. It isn't much of a secret how he felt about Maeko's group. I found at that he's been seen casing the place and doing some minor mischief."
  #57  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 03:14
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Sipping carefully at the fresh hot mug, Blarth sighs, "So, I take it this uncle means I can't solve this problem the easy way."

Why did human problems have to be so complicated?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #58  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 21:02
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Nicos coughed and pulled a face when he tried Blarth's drink, ignoring Lynn's smirk as she ordered the same drink from their waitress.

"Maybe we there is still a simple solution to this," Nicos said around a mouthful of eggs. "If we find him and confrunt him, let him know that Maeko has friends willing to help her. If this - Thunn was it? - is just bully then that might be enough to get him to leave her alone."

"This is about the fire that was started the other night?" Lynn ventured. "That's bigger then just being a bully. What if just confrunting him doesn't work?"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #59  
Unread 10th of June, 2007, 00:56
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
"Maybe we could talk to the uncle," Juni suggests. "If we can convince him that his nephew's activities will only bring more trouble to the family..." She leaves the thought unfinished and shrugs.
  #60  
Unread 12th of June, 2007, 22:15
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
"Maybe," Shade says doubtfully.

She sits back and pulls her cloak a little tighter.

"Any volunteers? I hear Rilip is a hard man."
  #61  
Unread 22nd of June, 2007, 02:39
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Well, Juni has had some experience dealing with hard men, or at least one hard man: her father. She might even have a slight advantage in her dealings with Rilip Torver since it is unlikely that the Enderin merchant has anything like her father's masterful psychic powers.

She would be glad of the chance to do something useful for a change anyway.

"Since it was my idea, I'll go talk to him," she offers, sitting straighter in her chair as if to prove her capability in the matter.
  #62  
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 01:17
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
"It might not be that easy," Nicos commented. "Rilip is an important man - or at least he considers himself one - so it won't just be a matter walking into his business and demanding to speak to him. It could take us days, to convince him to see us without some elaborate sham."

"Actually," Lynn said, speaking for the first time since sitting at the table. "That's not entirely true. I know his er ... personal secretary and she owes me a favour. If you want I can get you in to see him, well right now."

Nicos looked at Lynn with an arches eyebrow, trying to read something from her expression before giving up with a shake of his head.

"Well I guess Lynn and I will be going with you Juni."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #63  
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 00:21
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade sits back, narrowed eyes appraising Lynn for a long moment, then flipping between Juni and Nicos. Like as not Rilip would do what he was going to do, regardless of who came knocking. Still, Nicos was persuasive and traveling with two women would make him seem less dangerous.

"Be careful not to threaten him. We don't want to end up with Rilip against us too."

She stands up and drains the last of her now cold beverage, then fixes Arjuna with a critical glance.

"Let me know what happened as soon as you get back. If I'm asleep, wake me."

With a curt nod at the rest of them she turns and disappears into the crowd.
  #64  
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 03:47
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
After watching Shade go, Blarth turns to the others and asks, "So, how about some breakfast? I heard the proprietor here has come up with this kind of thin cake that he cooks on a hot plate instead of in the oven. It's supposed to be really good with fruit and honey."

Gesturing for a serving wench to come over, Blarth orders a stack of the hot thin cakes and another mug of xioac. He then looks to the others to see if they want anything.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #65  
Unread 8th of July, 2007, 00:10
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Something hot would be nice.

"If you don't mind buying my breakfast," Juni says to Blarth, feeling foolish once again for forgetting her coin purse, "I'll have what you're having. But make it a cup of mint tea instead of xioac."

She sits back quietly while the others order. It's rather depressing to think that, even if she had remembered to bring it, there was nothing in her purse. A few coppers, yes. But that was all. Shade paid their room and board at The Copper Maiden along with any other minor expenses that cropped up. But there were things that Juni wanted that she couldn't ask Shade to buy. New clothes, for instance.

Juni had begun to think that she could be most useful to the group by keeping up the pretense that she was well-to-do. She had learned much in her father's house about how things are done in society. The appearance of wealth and gentility could very well open doors that would otherwise remain closed to her and the party. But the illusion would be difficult to maintain without the proper accoutrements. Juni had made creative use of her limited wardrobe so far, but certain items were beginning to show wear, and some were just not appropriate at all.

Breakfast arrives and Juni digs in with perhaps a little too much gusto for a lady of her apparent standing. She doesn't give much thought to strict table manners unless the situation absolutely requires it.

Mmmm! Hot thin cakes are delicious!

"I guess we should be on our way," she says to Nicos and Lynn when they have all finished eating. "Blarth, where will you be later this afternoon? We should all meet again then to discuss things further."
  #66  
Unread 24th of July, 2007, 01:14
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"I'm not sure," Blarth replies, "I've been living off of charity for a bit now, but after yesterday I don't really want to be doing that anymore. I still have some money, but I'd like to actually be doing something, so I might try to find some short term work if there is any to be had. There should be some places that would appreciate a strong back for a bit."
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #67  
Unread 24th of July, 2007, 05:39
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Juni, Nicos and Lynn head off through the city towards their destination, Nicos keeping up a more or less constant stream of chatter as they walk. Upon arriving, Lynn quickly took the lead in talking to the women who answered the door.

"Lynn!" the woman exclaimed with a pleased expression. "What brings you here?"

Your boss actually," Lynn replied. "We need to see him."

"It'll take a while to get an appointment, he does get busy this time of year."

"Kat, this is important."

"I can't just ..."

"Kat...."

"... okay, wait here I'll go get him."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #68  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 09:38
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
So... Lynn knows Rilip Torver's secretary. What a happy coincidence! thinks Juni as the trio is ushered into Torver's private office. They only have to wait a few minutes before Torver comes in to meet them, his face a mask of irritation.

"Yes, yes... What's this all about?" he asks, obviously in a hurry, and barely taking the time to do more than glance in their direction. He is going through the papers on his desk, and Juni has the feeling that when he finds the one he's looking for, he'll be out the door again before they have a chance to state their business.

So she walks quickly forward, reaches out and forcibly takes his hand in greeting, and with just a small push of her mind, shocks him with a brief glimpse of his own destiny.

It is, of course, quite disorienting. Torver reels back slightly, one of his finely manicured hands clutching at his lurching stomach, and looks up at her in surprise. She meets his gaze with a bright smile.

"It's good to meet you, Lord Torver," she says. "My name is Arjuna Khalidar. I know that you are a busy man, so my friends and I won't keep you." At this, she nods at her two companions, and introduces them. "We have a problem, you see. Another friend of ours is new in town, and there are some here in Enderin who have done their best to make her feel very unwelcome." Juni shakes her head sadly. "I am sure that you are as surprised to hear this as we were. But you are also probably wondering what it has to do with you.

"Well, my lord, it pains me to have to say this, but..." Juni pauses at this point, and looks slightly embarassed. "But I'm afraid it is your own nephew, Thunn, who is making trouble for our friend.

"Now of course we realize that you can't be held accountable for his actions. But it seems that the law may soon become involved, in which case, it could become costly for you. As has, unfortunately, happened on other occasions. Or so it is said in certain circles." Juni gives the merchant a knowing and sympathetic look. Nicos is a little bit surprised that she has managed to pull off this role so convincingly. She seems the very picture of a concerned fellow-merchant.

And Torver seems almost to buy it too. For a moment. Then...

"Who did you say you were again?" he asks critically.

"Arjuna Khalidar," Juni answers quickly. "I'm rather new to Enderin, but I'm doing business on behalf of.. my family. I have a room at The Copper Maiden, but if we like the look of the town, we may establish a more permanent presence."

It sounded good, but the wheels are starting to turn in Torver's head, and Juni can see it the moment he makes the connection.

"Khalidar..." he says slowly. "Yes, I know the name. You're from Tradeholm, aren't you? Related to Rynem Khalidar? I didn't know he had much in the way of family."

It was lucky that he hadn't heard yet that Rynem was dead. But he evidently hadn't heard of Rynem's daughter either. Juni laughs. "I'm the niece he never talks about," she says, taking the man's hand in hers again. "Thank you for your time, Lord Torver. And if you could just speak to your nephew for us, and ask him to let up on the poor nuns of Botahara, I would greatly appreciate it."

With one last psychic push, Juni lets loose a flood of half-formed premonitions on the man. As he falls back, retching, she shepherds Nicos and Lynn out of the office.

Outside in the hall, they run into Kat, the secretary.

"How did it go?" the young woman asks.

"Oh fine," Juni answers as they hurry back to the front door. "But I don't think your boss is feeling very well!"
  #69  
Unread 7th of August, 2007, 02:51
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade was exhausted, having not slept well since leaving Tradeholm, since being attacked by that living shadow. Part of her wanted to blame it on the inner turmoil over Ricard - his betrayal, his death - anything to avoid thinking about the bizarre changes that attack had wrought. Even now it was all around her - everything in shades of grey, the sense of something foreign insider her, tearing away at who she was. With an effort, she pushes her mind back to Ricard and their final confrontation.

She'd been tricked her into killing him, that much was certain. But that didn't change the fact that he deserved it. And he did deserve it, for what he'd done. Shade would be dead if not for naturally quick reflexes and the luck of having Lorrus trailing her. He deserved it.

So why do I think it was wrong?

His manner bothered her - not angry, not afraid, not vindictive - nothing she would have imagined he would be. No, now that she had time to think about it, she truly felt that he was sad, as if he was holding something back that he wanted to tell her but wouldn't, or couldn't. There had been a moment in that last meeting when she'd felt connected to him, felt his pain over what they had lost. Was there something she didn't know about the events of that night, so long ago, when her love had tried to kill her?

It was quite possible. Her memories of the attack itself and much of the night were unclear, perhaps as a result of the trauma she'd suffered. She shakes her head and opens the door to her room at The Copper Maiden. Light was spilling in through the window, filling the place with a buttery glow. Juni was a good roommate, generally keeping the place in good order. She pulls the shutters closed, relaxing a little in the sudden dimness and then lays down fully clothed on her bed.

Arjuna was a grown woman who had constantly proved more capable at taking care of herself than Shade gave her credit for. And she had Nicos with her, who was very good at keeping himself alive. They ought to be able to handle a diplomatic mission with the requisite grace. She closes her eyes and listens to the muffled noises in the Inn around her, trying to will herself into much needed rest. She drowses uneasily, until a key sounds in the lock and the door scrapes slowly open.

She starts, as always ready to fight first and ask questions later, but it is only Arjuna. She looks unhappy. Shade frowns, eyes clear but hard.

"What is it?"
  #70  
Unread 11th of August, 2007, 00:19
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
"Oh. You're awake."

Juni isn't sure if she's pleased or disappointed that Shade is awake to greet her. She is reminded of the times in the past when she had to face her father and confess to making a mistake. Rynem Khalidar had been a man who did not tolerate mistakes, whether made by his underlings or by his daughter! But of course, Shade is not Rynem...

Juni steps into the room and closes the door behind her. She sits down at her dressing table, and begins unpinning her hair. She can feel Shade looking at her, growing impatient.

"It didn't go.. badly," Juni says finally, turning away from the mirror to face Shade. "Torver didn't throw us out or anything. But he isn't going to help us either. He . . ." She thinks of her last sight of the merchant looking dizzy and sick to his stomach. "I mean, I . . ."

Shade would probably laugh if she told her about that part of it. Well, maybe not... But Juni had thought it almost funny to see the arrogant merchant doubled over like that! And it was unlikely Torver realized that she was the cause of his discomfort. Nicos and Lynn hadn't caught on, not until she'd told them what she'd done afterwards. Torver probably just thought that he'd gotten a bad meat pie for lunch. A bit of a joke on him, actually.

On the other hand, Juni had let slip too much information, something that Shade undoubtedly would never do.

"I think I made a mistake," Juni says after a lengthy silence. Then the whole story comes tumbling out.

"I told him my full name, Shade. I was an idiot! I said that I was from Tradeholm and here on family business. He made the connection to Rynem Khalidar right away. If he has ties to the Tradeholm Guild he'll find out about my father's 'accident' and his death before too long. And then he'll know that the Guild is looking for me. I even told him where I'm staying! I can't believe that I was so stupid!"

Juni throws herself on her bed, feeling even more miserable now that her incompetence is out in the open.
  #71  
Unread 11th of August, 2007, 02:29
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade's eyes grow less hard as Arjuna speaks and her frown becomes one of thought rather than annoyance. She crosses her arms and considers this information for a few moments.

"Well, it isn't as bad as you make it out. No doubt Rilip was going to have you checked out before he'd listen to you anyway. If you gave him false information he'd find out easily enough, and be that much less likely to heed your words."

She rubs one forearm distractedly.

"On the other hand, I hadn't considered how widely your father was known. Most guilds aren't too friendly with one another so it will probably take a while for the information to get back to Tradeholm. Still, we should probably find somewhere else to stay."
  #72  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 11:00
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Juni sits up and turns to look at Shade. She is... surprised. And relieved. She'd half expected Shade to give her one of her father's patented looks - stern and reproving, halfway between disappointment and scorn - and then just leave. After all, it wasn't really Shade's problem if the Guild was on Juni's tail again.

But Shade had said "we", as in "we should probably find somewhere else to stay". That must mean that she planned to stick with Juni, in spite of her blunder.

"I suppose that we should," Juni says in reply, and smiles in the face of Shade's friendship, feeling a warmth she hadn't known in a long while.

But Maeko is the one with the more immediate problem...

"We can look for a place after we figure out what to do about Thunn. The uncle won't do anything to help, so it will have to be us. What did Blarth mean when he said that we can't solve the problem 'the easy way'? There isn't an easy way as far as I can see."
  #73  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 23:41
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade smiles.

"You aren't Blarth," she explains. "He was raised with orcs, I think, who aren't particularly burdened by the trappings of civilization."

She starts packing, though truth be told she didn't have that much work to do. Despite living here for a while, she really hadn't moved in.

"He was probably hoping he could just smash Thunn and be done with it. I don't know what to do with it now. Confront him, maybe, and hope we can scare him straight without actually doing anything to him."
  #74  
Unread 18th of August, 2007, 00:43
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
"Hmmm... so we'll just threaten to smash Thunn, and hope that he believes we're capable of it," Juni muses, raising a skeptical eyebrow. She thinks about the 'enforcers' she'd known back in the old neighborhood. Big, beefy brawlers - 'no-necks', she and Alek used to call them. Even Blarth doesn't come close to fitting that mental image.

"Well, I guess all we can do is try. And we should probably do something very soon, before Thunn has a chance to cause any more mischief." Juni gets up from her bed, and turns to the mirror to straighten her hair and her clothes. "Tonight?"
  #75  
Unread 20th of August, 2007, 01:01
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
"Well that could have gone better," Lynn said to Nicos when they returned to a private room and the bard began to check his still fresh injury.

"I didn't see you making any suggestions." Nicos shot back.

"I'm merely the student remember? I wouldn't dream of interfering while a master like you was working."

"You know in the tales," Nicos said with a mock groan. "When the Master Bard, talented, cunning and handsome man that he is-"

"-not to mention modest."

"-takes on a beautiful apprentice she is always respectful and awed in his presence."

"And are any of your tales even remotely close to real events?" Lynn asked archly.

"Well some of them," Nicos replied defensively. "Maybe. On accident."

"Of course," the young women laughed. "I won't slight your honour again by suggesting that you'd tell a true tale."

"Thank you," Nicos said with mock gravity, pulling himself to his feet. "Now come on, and bring your instrument. If you want to learn now is as good a time as any."

"Where are we going?" Lynn asked, the curiosity heavy in her voice.

"Impromptu street performance," Nicos intoned. "The eternal fall back of the wondering minstrel."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren