Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 05:00
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Panting, Itches Collapses next to the base of the tree. After a moment of lying there drags he up and searches for a place for the fire. Finding a small pit with ashes already in it, Itches mutters, "what luck, someone has been here. Not too recently but the fire pit is still here."

Gathering some dry leaves and small twigs, itches attempts to start a fire. With out looking up at the others he stammers through his shivering. "I-if someone c-could get-t some w-wood, Ill start-t a f-f-fire. Im g-good at t-this"

Despite his shaking itches proves true to his word, and soon has a small fire going.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #102  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 06:03
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Maeko busies herself gathering wood, soon a small pile of dead branches is neatly arranged near the fire pit.
Itches has revealed remarkable skill, she can feel her chothes drying already, and the warmth starting to penetrate her bones.
She sits, cross-legged and starts rummaging in her pack.
" I do not know if you will find my food palatable," she says, " I do not eat meat or fish, but what I have is yours to share".
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #103  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 23:10
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius takes a step toward Itches in an attempt to aid in the building of the fire, but he shakes his head and allows the man to make it himself. Muttering something about "securing the perimeter" Cadrius moves out side the protective branches of the pine tree and wanders a bit through the woods. He always keeps the great tree within sight but he wants to become more familiar with the terrain.

The air is becoming more chilly as the day draws to a close. He hears the faint singing of birds who do not migrate south for the winter. It briefly occurrs to Cadrius that he has no idea where they are and that the birds might fly North for winter. He shakes his head and shrugs.

Finding a comfortable stump to sit on he watches the trials of a small red squirrel foraging for some more food to take back to his home before the first snows. Somewhere nearby he can hear the faint babbling of a brook.

He keeps an eye out for Shade although he does not expect to see her. While the woods here were decidely more safe, it would not do to escape from that hellish world only to be stuck down in the real one.

As night begins to fall he makes his way back to the camp and brushes the branches aside once again. He takes his place by the fire and begins removing his armor, laying the banded armor down in pieces so that he might clean them. Reaching over to his backpack he produces some bread, cheese, and dried fruit.

"I do not have much as well, but you all are welcome to share it."

With that he lets the fire warm his skin and he sets to work cleaning the armor with an old rag produced from his backpack. As he works a small necklace can be seen around his neck. The bit of silver chain is strung through what appears to be a ring of some sort.
  #104  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 01:01
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
As soon as she passes into the surrounding wood, Shade sinks into the shadows like the arms of a lover. Her mental sigh of relief is so emphatic as to be almost audible. She scans the ground carefully as she slinks along, studying the signs that were bound to be present. There were tracks here, mostly human, but old enough that she was unconcerned.

Alone in the deepening twilight, the events of the day run back through her mind as she creeps through the wood, a shadow among shadows. She finds nothing untoward, and pauses a short distance from the camp watching the fire through the trees. What strange events had brought her to this place, with these people.

She thinks once again of the dwarf, and the last moments of his life. Murdered. She had murdered him, in cold blood, and in what many would call a cowardly fashion. Still, she hadn't been about to challenge him to a duel or anything so ridiculous. Doubtless she would be feeding worms now if she was so stupid as that. She hadn't expected to feel so guilty, or so empty.

He deserved it after what he did to Lorrus. An eye for an eye, his life for the one he took.

That argument inevitably led back to her. An eye for an eye, after all. The truth was right in front of her, though she refused to look at it. Vengeance had not brought her mentor back from the dead, and it hadn't healed her other hurts. Thoughts of Lorrus almost inevitably led to thoughts of Ricard and that hurt her more than she cared to admit. She could feel pressure in her chest, and a lump rose in her throat. It would be good to cry but the tears wouldn't come; something inside her still protested too much. Instead she swallowed the lump back down; she wouldn't piss away her feelings with tears. The guilt and grief were hers to carry and she would not give them up so easily. She hadn't suffered enough.

She tenses slightly as she hears the path of something through the wood, but there is something familiar about the heavy tread. Sure enough, Cadrius emerges from the gloom and seats himself within spitting distance of her. She remains motionless, her silouette disguised by the foliage; there was no way he could see her.

She looks at the man, as if seeing him for the first time: tall, muscular, with a strong look to his features. Battle worn, yes, but handsome and commanding at the same time. He was a man others might follow, though his melancholy attitude hid this most of the time. He'd saved her, twice now, and he was stuck gods knew where because of her. She almost breaks the silence to call to him but her doubt assails her. What would she say? The moments pass, darkness falls, and Cadrius rises and heads back to camp. She is alone in the dark once more.
  #105  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 01:55
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Itches gets up and glances around at the offer of food. Once again grinning, and looking proudly at the fire he created he turn away their offer of food.

"No thank you, I have my own, which indeed you are all welcome to share in. Lilly packed it for me, and you will never find better tasting food in your life.

Remerging around in his pack he pulls out some strips of over cooked, dried meat. Offering it to the others who turn it down

Munching away on their food, and stareing into the fire, no one hears the small sounds of shuffling just outside the light of the campfire.

Further away, standing in the shadows, invisible to human eyes, stands Shade. Confident of her abilities to remain unseen after Cadirus wandered in and out with out noticing her, she takes no notice of her surroundings. Unbeknownst to her a pair of yellow eyes piece the darkness around her and note her every move with inhuman cunning.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #106  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 03:04
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Continues to polish his armor, stopping briefly to pop a piece of bread or fruit into his mouth. He occasionally takes his waterskin and splashes a bit onto the rag before continuing his work. The rag quickly becomes covered in mud while the armor begins to shine a bit in the firelight.

At the sight of the meat Cadrius eyes it with apprehension. Itches must truly love this Lilly else he would be driven mad by her cooking. Still, love does cause a man to do strange things. He shakes his head before the dark thoughts can invade and stands up.

His waterskin was empty and it needs refilling. He grabs a burning stick from the fire and begins to walk from the campsite. He pauses a moment and walks back to buckle his large sword on. It might be safer than where they were, but he would not go out unarmed.

He quickly makes his way to the stream in the almost darkness. The stars can be seen through the treetops, especially now that most of the leaves have fallen. He fills his waterskin at the brook, letting the cold and clear water drain into it. He also squeezes out and rinses the rag he had been using.

Looking around he ponders as to where Shade had gone. It wasn't like her to wait so long after dark. He stops a moment at the ridiculous thought. He knew nothing of her or her habits. He wasn't even entirely sure what she looked like. The cowl of her cloak was kept up so often it was like a shield, or a helmet.

He shakes his head in wonderment at the three that he now traveled with. The air was cold enough to see his breath and he stands for time, looking up at the stars and pondering his purpose in this life.
  #107  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 03:24
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
"The great bear shines brightly this evening, does he not?"

Her voice comes from almost beside Cadrius, low and clear, and he wonders how he missed her standing so close by. She is star-gazing as well, apparently sharing his sudden urge for cleanliness and introspection. The mud of the days travel is washed away, along with something else less definable.

The moonlight limns her dusky features, the scar beneath her eyes a silver line dividing her face; eyes and mouth. She laughs softly at the surprised look on his face.

"I have a habit of being overlooked - It's one of my better qualities. I thought you agreed to keep an eye on those two while I was gone?"

Her mouth is serious but her eyes are almost smiling. She shivers slightly and you can see that her clothes are damp beneath the cloak, but they seem relatively clean. Her dark hair sparkles in the moonlight and you realize that it is wet as well. You can't help but wonder what you might have seen had you gotten here a few minutes earlier.
  #108  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 04:20
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius almost yells in surprise as he is startled by Shade's sudden appearance. The torch almost falls to the ground as his hand flies toward his bastard sword. Yet it freezes in mid-motion as he realizes who is speaking to him. He sighs in relief before saying, "I swear someday you will be the end of me."

However despite his initial fear he chuckles a bit. He was relieved. They had survived a trip into hell. He had faced his some of the worst experiences of his life and he wagered Shade did as well. Yet despite these things she seemed to be the stronger of the two. Cadrius had never seen her succumb to what she had been presented with, unlike him. He had fought again. Perhaps he had no choice, perhaps he did. It mattered little now, Ben was dead and always would be. Cadrius had no choice but to continue living.

"I am reasonably certain that they will do well enough on their own for a few minutes," he says and frowns for a moment before adding, "reasonably."

Looking back up at the constalation of the great bear he smiles again. It was in a different place in the sky, but at least they had rid themselves of Whonan's spirit world.

"Aye," Cadrius says quietly, a word that rarely escapes his lips, "it is good to know we are still on this world. After those woods I feared to know where we would be."

Holding the makeshift torch he gazes upward. The orange light casting shadows across his face, lighting one half and darkening the other. The torch glints along the necklace that can be seen around his neck before vanishing into his shirt. He raises an eyebrow as she mentions her ability to be overlooked but says nothing.

Noticing that she is wet and making the connection as to what she had been doing Cadrius suddenly averts his eyes. He then silently berates himself for doing so. She was wearing clothing. He raises his eyes to stars again in an attempt to disguise what he believed to be temporary idiocy.

Looking down again at shade he asks, "Where do we go from here? Do we help them? Do we find out where we are? I do not have any binding obligations anymore, but what is next?"

He smiles, slightly perplexed at the situation. Turning he studies her face a moment. There is something different about it. She seems less angry than before. Perhaps she recovered something she had lost in the woods, or maybe she had given up a burden that she carried.

A scar, I had never noticed before.

He notices her slight shiver and his gaze softens. He had been so concerned with thinking of where to go next that he had forgotten the chill of the air.

"You are cold, come back to camp, we can discuss this later," he pauses a moment before saying the man's name, "Itches has built a fire and with any luck the forest will not have burned down by the time we arrive."

Last edited by Cadrius; 3rd of July, 2002 at 04:24.
  #109  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 04:45
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
After Cadirus gets up to move Itches and Maeko both sit there comfortable in the silence, the usually talkative Itches content to knew on his meat in silence. After many minutes have passed Maeko notices that Cadirus and Shade have both been gone for a while. Turning to itches and commenting on it, he volunteers to go out and look for them

"Those two have been gone a while"
"Hmm, your right. I'll go see if I can find them"

The night seemed peaceful enough so against her better judgement she lets him go with out protest. Almost immediately after he leaves she notices that he left his sword behind. Sighing she picks it up and follows him out into the darkness.

As itches menders along looking for the dark duo, his thoughts merrily skip along through the past, and his beloved Lily

Suddenly coming upon the stream he sees the 2 he seeks, but they are so engrossed with each other that they didnt even notice him coming. For once, the usually not to bright Itches realises that this is a private moment for the two, and with a small smile on hi face he turn to leave.

Immediately upon turning he comes face to face with another pair of creatures. These ones looked like nothing more then Large dogs, walking on their hind legs. Giving out a high-pitched scream of pure terror, itches stand rock still unable to move in the face of suck monsters

(its knoll time people)
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #110  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 05:25
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She smiles at his surprise, her dip in the icy waters having revived her spirit and washed away her doubts, for now at least. She had taken stock of what was left to her and found the stars of her childhood, an open forest, and stout companions to be more than she'd had in a long while. Probably more than she deserved but she refused to let her thoughts walk that road. Her smile widens as he repeats the word 'reasonably'.

"I imagine you are correct: I saw no sign of any quicksand about. A few old prints, humans mostly, probably more travellers walking our trail and camping in the vicinity. Nothing we need worry about, I think."

His mention of the forest they had recently vacated dampens her smile. She regards him closely, noting the way the torchlight divides his face: light and dark. Yes, he was both. What had he seen in that clearing; who were his invisible foes?

She sees his eyes widen slightly as they travel down her body, and her smile breaks out anew as he drops his eyes. When he looks up again, he stares studiously at the sky rather than at her. Amused at his embarassment but not wanting to highlight it, she smothers her smile as looks at her once again. She listens to his questions quietly; he had obviously given a bit more thought to their current situation than she had.

"I had thought to travel with them for a while. I wasn't kidding about four being stronger than two, and we've no idea how wild this area might be. This trail must lead somewhere, hopefully we can get our bearings when we find a town."

She trails off as his gaze changes, and suddenly she is the one that is embarassed. She looks away and he speaks quickly, to fill the awkwardness. A fire definitely sounded good, and she wouldn't mind some food to go along with it. She glances back at him, smiling once again.

"Well, that sounds like exactly the thing for a night like this. A campfire, that is, not a forest fire. I don't know about you, but I've had enough adventure for tod-"

She is cut off abruptly as a piercing scream sounds in the direction of camp. Her eyes harden and swiftly lock on Cadrius, the look lasts a split second but speaks volumes. Then she is pulling her swords free as she sprints toward Itches.
  #111  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 11:16
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius' eyes widen in surprise at the scream. At first he thought it to be the bald woman, Maeko, yet something told him that she did not scream often. It sounds like Itches, and by the tone it seems he's in dire straights. He whips his head in the direction of the cry and draws his sword.

The blade hums for a moment as it is suddenly drawn. He sets off with Shade toward Itches. As they tear through the forest, barreling toward what sounded like a death wail, he manages to briefly say, "It seems you spoke too soon Lady Shade."

They burst through some branches and enter a small grove. Itches can be seen, frozen in fear by what surrounds him. Two large, hunched humanoids are circling him, toying with him. They hear growling but can only assume it's laughter.

Cadrius puts his fingers to his lips and whistles loudly and sharply. The two dogmen spin around in surprise, but this moment does not last long. They clutch their weapons in anticipation. One caries a wicked looking sword, the other a heavy mace.

Cadrius shifts his sword to both hands. Normally he would have his shield but if the past day had taught him anything, it was that life was not normal, not anymore. With a yell he rushes toward the dogman carrying a sword. He lets the rage and anger that had saved him earlier burst forth upon the dogmen.

Last edited by Cadrius; 3rd of July, 2002 at 11:20.
  #112  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 02:43
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She shoots Cadrius a dark look as they race toward the sound, and instead of responding saves her breath for running. She can barely see Itches around the hulking bodies of the the two dogmen. She takes a moment to curse herself soundly. How had she missed any sign of these things? Unless they'd been followed . . .

She lets the thought trail off and becomes concerned with more immediate problems. The wet silk of her clothing would be poor protection against steel; her fine armor was doing her little good beside the stream. At least she'd had the sense to buckle on her blades.

Just had to have a bath didn't you?

Cadrius whistles sharply, making them the focus of the beasts. She frowns at his tactic but the man is already rushing to meet the sword wielder, leaving the mace bearer heading straight toward her. With no desire to meet the thing in a fair fight she cuts behind Cadrius with two long strides and leaps, tucks her blades in, and tumble rolls to put the sword wielder between them. If they could finish him quickly she liked the odds alot better.

She leads with her right, a glancing blow off the creature's shield that it barely seems to notice. Cadrius chooses that moment to feint and she launches a clean strike with her left. The glittering blade bites through a seam in the armor and she feels the blade grate along bone before it slides free trailing a stream of blood, black in the moonlight.
  #113  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 03:31
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The dogman yelps in pain as Shade slices his arm open. Recognizing an opportunity Cadrius immediately brings the bastard sword in with a swift overhand swing. The dogman however is merely distracted for a moment and it whips its head back around.

It raises it's shield to parry but the recent wound has weakened it and all it is able to do is stick it's arm in front of the oncoming blade. It's forearm is severed neatly and fresh blood begins to flow.

Still in shock combined with adrenaline the dogman lashes out with it's blade and catches Cadrius on the back of his arm. The man grits his teeth in pain as an angry red line suddenly appears in the wake of the blade. However what strength remained is now spent and the dogman drops to the ground where it lays bleeding profusely.

His rage still boiling he immediately rushes the mace-wielder who turns and swings at him. Their weapons crash, creating a couple faint sparks as Cadrius parries the dogman's weapon.

Last edited by Cadrius; 4th of July, 2002 at 03:33.
  #114  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 06:19
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
All of a sudden an high-pitched scream breaks the night's peace, recognizing Itches' voice, Maeko starts running carring his sword, of all the moments to be without weapon... she thinks,why i am not surprised? and this thing is worse than useless to me.
When she arrives near the river she sees creatures like demons from one of Mara's hells fighting her companions. Itches is unarmed and seems frozen in place. Maeko throws him is sword, just as Cadrius brings down one of his opponents.
Without turning to see if Itches has catched the weapon, Maeko throws herself in the fight, flanking the remaining creature, readying herself for the 'Mountain Dragon Strike'
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #115  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 21:00
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
With the two hulking figures leaning over him, Itches is frozen with fear. Close enough to see into their eyes and smell their foul breath, Itches trys to recall the lessons Master Samuel had taught him, but his mind stayed blank with terror. In a dim part of his mind he sensed other figures arriving, and a high pitched whistle. After the Dog men had moved away from him all he could see was their yellow canine eyes. As another figure as another shadowy figure enters the area, and throws something at his, Itches resolve breaks. Emitting a mindless howl, he runs from the site of the battle, Crashing blindly through the clearing. After an unknown length of time to Itches his feet catches on and unseen object and he falls, whacking his head on a rock, and darkness descends onto him.

Back at the site of the battle, seeing one of their own leave this world, two more of the dogmen enter that battle. One another armoured knoll wearing better-looking armour and arms, and a forth one of the creatures. This one however is wearing robes.

As the two watch the battle, the armed one prepares herself to intercept the first of the non-knoll to head his way.

((Give the armed one a level in Warrior and the robed one a level in Adept. Plus all master work items))
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #116  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 23:04
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
If he had time in the midst of combat Cadrius would have rolled his eyes at Itches' actions. However given that he didn't seem to be one experienced in fighting perhaps it was the wisest decision.

Maeko bursts onto the scene and tosses a rapier at Itches' rapidly diminishing form. It lands with a clatter behind him which only serves to spook the man further. She quickly makes her way to flank the dogman Cadrius is currently fighting.

Two new dogmen appear, one well-armored, the other in robes.

"Wonderful," he mutters as he leaps back causing the mace-wielder to narrowly miss him.

He then realizes that Shade is now the only target between the newcomers and them. Hoping that Maeko is able to handle herself Cadrius knocks the mace wide with his sword, giving him time to back up and rush the other two dogmen.

He quickly picks the one in armor as his opponent. He clenches his jaw as he rushes in, at least he'd have a challenge.

Eyes glinting in the near-darkness the two circle eachother. The dogman carries a fine battleaxe to match his shield. This would be a hard fight for Cadrius.

Steel rings on steel as their weapons meet time and soon both are panting from their effort. Cadrius feints at the beast's leg only to alter it's course at the last moment and sink it into the dogman's arm.

It yelps in pain and immediately swings it's axe at Cadrius. He is unable to bring his sword up in time and it sinks into in side. Cadrius gasps but grits his teeth and continues the fight.
  #117  
Unread 5th of July, 2002, 00:29
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Maeko hasn't the time to notice Itches' flight, she is concentrating on her opponent.
As Cadrius knocks its mace away she strikes at it; her blow does not connect but she rolls with it coming up on the other side of her foe, narrowly avoiding a clumsy but powerful blow.
First rule: when blow lands better not to be there she thinks, uncongruosly hearing Master Wang voice in her brain, while preparing for 'Cherry Blossoms in the Wind'.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 5th of July, 2002 at 02:05.
  #118  
Unread 9th of July, 2002, 00:31
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Cadrius dashes past her and engages the two newcomers, leaving Shade momentarily uncertain of her course. Cadrius was a warrior, but unarmored and facing two foes. She had no idea of Maeko's combat ability, but the small woman was both unarmed and unarmored. The indecision lasts only a moment and she turns in the bald woman's direction.

Shade slides in behind the mace-wielder and is rewarded with a short cry from Cadrius as he is struck by his foe. Her face snarls in rage; it seemed that the warrior would pay the price for her choice. The dog-man was focused intently on Maeko, unaware that behind him death was rolling in like a silent wave. Shade launches a backhand cut, made vicious by her frustration.

The blade slips edgewise between armor and helm, neatly severing the beasts spinal cord and lodges in the bony vertabrae. The gnoll crashes forward, unaware that it is no longer among the living and nearly wrenches the blade from Shade's hand in the process. She hangs on, a desparate yank freeing the blade just when it seems she will lose it.
  #119  
Unread 9th of July, 2002, 03:26
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius grits his teeth against the pain he knows will come shortly. He slams one hand against the haft of the axe, freeing the blade along with a rather large amount of his own blood. He uses his momentum and puts himself into a spin, providing enough force to wrench his blade out of the dogman's arm.

The beast growls in rage, its green eyes glinting in the near dark. It swings the axe again and Cadrius ducks, avoiding it by mere inches. Yet before he can return a blow the beast quickly reverses the flight of the weapon and brings it back down, burying it into his shoulder.

Screaming in rage and pain Cadrius shoves his blade point first into the belly of the dogman and he does not stop until the hilt is pressed up against the beast's chest. It gasps in surprise and slumps to the ground.

Turning toward the one in robes Cadrius quickly rushes in, leaving his sword behind. If it was a spellcaster then he would not have the time to work the bastard sword out of the dogman.

His guess is correct as the beast begins to fall into a chant, weaving its hands in a cryptic manner. It closes its eyes for a moment and Cadrius slams his fist into the beast's face, disrupting its concentration. He laughs grimly, but in the back of his mind he realizes he's starting to hurt pretty badly. He can feel the blood flowing from the wound on his side and his back. He had to put the robed one out of action soon.
  #120  
Unread 9th of July, 2002, 04:11
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Barely pausing to nod her thanks to Shade, Maeko runs to Cadrius' help.
Using her momentum at her advantage, she leaps and kicks the robed dog-man. Cadrius can hear a rib or more give way with a sickening snap.

((Charge action, 5 damage to the robed gnoll))
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 9th of July, 2002 at 16:42.
  #121  
Unread 9th of July, 2002, 05:13
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Itches lies face down in the mud, with the top of his head at rest against a rock. The Forest around him is quiet except for the buzzing of unseen Insects. With out warning a blur of movement makes its way over the fallen body with out stoping, and up another trees. Stoping for a moment to consider the change in ground, the thought quickly flee from the squirrels head.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #122  
Unread 9th of July, 2002, 23:38
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Whitout letting her eyes leave the robed dog-man, Maeko speaks:
" Cadrius, I protect your retreat, you in no fighting shape, now".
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 10th of July, 2002 at 00:25.
  #123  
Unread 10th of July, 2002, 03:05
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade notices Maeko's slight nod in her direction and in the back of her mind it registers that the exotic woman doesn't look at all distressed. In fact, she looks as if the gnoll was about to invite her to tea. Before she has a chance to examine this information the unarmed, unarmored woman has launched herself at the remaining beast. Shade hears the audible snapping of what can only be the things ribs as she rushes forward to lend her blades to the fight.

As she reaches the battle, she notes that Maeko continues to wear her usual calm expression. Incredibly, the bald woman actually offers to defend Cadrius. She tumbles behind Cadrius and lands on her feet next to the Gnoll, opposite of Maeko. As the creature turns to defend itself from this new threat she slips past it's guard and drives her blade into it's stomach, just beneath the sternum. It's eyes go wide and it lunges forward, further down the blade, jaws snapping before life finally goes out of it.

Shade slides her blade free and dances back as the thing crashes to the ground in front of her. Her eyes scan the surrounding wood for any movement as she backs over to where Cadrius is standing.
  #124  
Unread 10th of July, 2002, 03:34
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius grits his teeth in anger as well as pride. He would not let some dogman in robes have the best of him. Even if he could feel his blood pouring out in hot rivers of scarlet he would not retreat. Not now. Fortunately Shade is there to prevent him from wrestling the beast to the ground. The savage life present in its glowing green eyes flickers and fades as it collapses on the ground.

Now that the battle is over and his adrenaline is fading his wounds take on a new, more vocal significance. His nerves are suddenly quite aware of his wounds: a light cut on either forearm, a deep gash in his left side, and an axe buried in his right shoulder.

Almost as an afterthought he reaches up and grasps the haft of the axe. His jaw muscles clench just before he pulls the axe out of his shoulder. He gasps in pain and closes his eyes before letting the weapon drop to the ground.

He seems to move about like a man in a dream. He casually walks over to his sword, still protruding from the dogman, and places his foot upon its chest. He grasps the blade and pulls it out of the offending corpse, relieving the blade of its temporary organic sheath.

He peers about him a moment before finding what he seeks. He walks about twenty feet, before reaching down with one hand and grabbing the back of Itches' collar. Cadrius turns around and begins to trudge painfully back to the campsite. A small trail of blood marking where he has been.
  #125  
Unread 10th of July, 2002, 04:18
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Before she has a chance to assess the extent of his wounds, Cadrius is doggedly attempting to drag Itches back to camp. Satisfied that they are, for the moment, safe from further attack she quickly moves to his aid. She shakes her head as she approaches.

As stubborn as ever.

She lays a cautious hand on his shoulder, feeling guilty that his wounds were at least partially her fault. She reaches for his hand and presses a small vial in it without looking at him, her eyes downcast.

"I am no healer but this will help with your wounds."

Then she turns her attention to Itches, seizing the unconscious man under the armpits. She is strong for her size and he is light, but the effort of the long day and the recent battle have left her tired. Struggling a little, her skin prickles as a chill wind washes over her. In addition to being damp from her ill-considered bath, she is now drenched with sweat.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren