Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 26th of April, 2002, 23:04
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She regards her interragators quizzically for a moment and adjusts her cloak. Looking first to Whonan and then Cadrius she clears her throat before looking off into the distance.

"You are correct: how it was accomplished matters little, as I am not capable of reproducing the effect. I am puzzled as to why you were not affected but the one who might answer that question is far from here. I cannot answer your other question; perhaps you have a sense about a person's true nature."

Her gaze turns back to Whonan and she shifts uncomfortably. Something about his gaze made her feel uneasy - too sure of himself, maybe.

"I have been tracking the dwarf for many months now. Simply stated, he killed somebody close to me. Somebody with friends. I agreed to find this dwarf and repay him in kind. As for the time and place in which I killed him: that is where and when I found him. Why did I stay in that room instead of fleeing?"

She trails off and her eyes grow distant for a moment but quickly turn flinty once more, as if a steel door slammed shut.

"I wanted to see his death with my own eyes."
  #27  
Unread 27th of April, 2002, 04:22
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
Whonan glints his gaze back to Cadrius... and smiles returning at once to the woman.

"Fair enough then. I am glad that you have succeeded. Hopefully the karma won't come full circle."

He ponders for a moment, and appears satisfied as possible with the situation.

"If you care to, come with us.... we were preparing to leave town shortly. I must make a stop however before then."
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #28  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 01:11
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
At the woman's words Cadrius' gaze falls to the ground. He shakes his head slightly and then lifts his eyes again and nods to her saying, "You are indeed lucky that fate did not have another end in store for you."

Revenge is never a good idea, but then again, who am I to tell someone what is and is not good? Not anymore. Not after that. What am I getting myself into? A murderer and some sort of warlock who can read minds? How far I have fallen indeed.

"I suppose that would be wise if we left," Cadrius says slowly as weighing each word carefully. Never letting his eyes leave the exchange between the two before him, he shifts uncomfortably in his armor as if anxious to be gone.
  #29  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 02:39
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
As she speaks, the disappointment is apparent on the warrior's face. The mind-reader continues to wear that faintly amused mask she has become used to. Yet both men invite her, a murderer they have only just met, to join them.

Do they think me in debt to them for "rescuing" me from the guard? The guard would not have been aware of me if these two hadn't followed me. Will they turn me in if I refuse? Perhaps. Or perhaps they want to keep an eye on me to see if I merit their help after all. There are worse things I could do than prove myself worthy of such aid.

"That is all? You would like me to join you?"

She eyes them both warily, realizing that she knows as little about them as they do about her.
  #30  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 03:17
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
He starts to turn away to leave the dark alley.... only pausing a moment to respond to the woman.

"Yes, that is what I was implying. The choice is of course yours."

And he set off out into the street and down the road a stretch until he comes to a particularly uninteresting alleyway, where at the grey clad man ducks in and makes his way down the legnth of it.... veering off to the left down another alley way a bit before the first dumps out into a field.... finally coming to a steel door in the wall. He turns to see who is behind him before speaking.

"We are guests... please act as such."

Before he takes out a beautifully cut gem from his satchel... and for a moment it glows a bright vibrant aquamarine... and he returns it to a pouch on his belt.

Placing a hand on the door he slowly pushes it open... and motions with a slight gesture for the others to follow. Inside is a dark hallway made of stone with torches on either side and ornate dark wood tables with brass etchings and adornment... all with very unique crystaline sculptures on them.... at the end of the hallway stands another single large steel door.... this one with an ornate carving of a young woman standing with her arms folded and a large sceptor in her left hand.

As the outer door comes shut with no sound at all the outside world seems to be shut out, and an eerie peace is all that can be felt in your mind. Whonan makes his way steadily to the other end and kneels before the door. A faint echo almost too soft to hear can be felt... not like the voice in your minds before... just a faint afterthought of something similiar. After it subsides Whonan again stands and looks back. The door swings open of its own accord and daylight fluids the hall oncce again... and a lush courtyard can be seen off beyond the opening, while your eyes readjust.

Whonan looks back with a smile... "It's alright, you are welcomed."
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #31  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 08:24
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius nods as the woman speaks, asking her question regarding what they wanted. She notices the same sort of tired despair creep back into his blue eyes. This was the same beast that lurked there while he thought the world to have stopped moving. It is the same despair that frequently gets into men who have stayed at sea or been at war too long.

As Whonan leaves the former knight strides off after him, being sure to attempt to lend what cover he can to the woman from any prying eyes that might be about. However the morning is overcast and there is less light to be shed on them than there normally would.

The man frowns as he reminds them to act as such, but he holds his tongue and swallows his pride.

Now I am to be lectured on how to behave? Who does he think me to be? Some sort of child?

Cadrius elects to frown again which seems to be a reoccurring theme with him. Shaking his head and sighing he accepts yet another trick done by Whonan.

"I would know where I am going, especially with your magic involved" he says, appearing uneasy.
  #32  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 22:15
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
What an odd pair these two make. The one seems overly burdened by his past, the other doesn't seem overly bothered by anything.

The mystic acknowledges her question and strides off without compelling her to follow. The warrior merely nods at her before following resolutely after the grey one. It would appear she was free to make her own choice; she hesitates only a moment before her mental alley cat gets the better of her. She catches up to the warrior with two quick strides and resists the urge to smile as he hovers protectively over her.

This one is not used to subterfuge. None of the others know who or what they are looking for; all I need do is avoid looking suspicious.

She follows without question; having chosen to tread their path she will accept where they lead her. She is somewhat relieved when the warrior asks about their destination, though. As nice as the information would be, it is even nicer to know that she isn't the only one in the dark.
  #33  
Unread 30th of April, 2002, 23:30
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
As he takes a step through the door into the courtyard beyond, he replies.

"To whom, not where... where is not important."

He looks at them generally peaceful.... but with a look of concern, knowing the situation is definatly odd for them.

"I must visit my mother before leaving."

And strides off down the center of the spacious garden... white marble walls surround the lush garden of shade trees and deep green grass.... blocking out the outside world, however occassionally with a door way to give a glimpse of orchards outside. Hr continues through an arch to a smaller area with a beautiful three tiered fountain standing in the middle of it and on the otherside, the side walls meet with a roof, and four pillars act as a front door to the dwelling, standing tall and proud with nothing more to stop the light breeze from floating in to the home.

THe three women that Cadrius saw before step out in a slightly excited hurry... now in light flowing dresses of light flowing silk that dance in the breeze.. of their respectful, usual, colors for each. With the arrival each steps up gives and receives a kiss before the eldest speaks.

"She's been expecting you." Her eyes flick to the people accompanying him for a moment... and she questions Whonan with another look of her eyes.

"These two will be traveling with me. Cadrius, this is Ember and her sisters Anna and Jasmine.... and I don't believe I ever cought your name." He turns for the last comment to the woman.
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #34  
Unread 1st of May, 2002, 00:01
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She had wondered when she would learn the names of her companions, and wondered as well when they would get around to asking her name. Her response comes quickly and she doesn't blink as she delivers it.

"You may call me Gralhruk."

The name of a dead dwarf, as both of them probably already knew. Doubtless it would cast more suspicion on her in their minds but she was not yet ready to give up her true name. She wondered if the grey one -as yet unnamed- could pluck it from her mind, and then put that thought out of her head.

"Although many people simply call me Shade."
  #35  
Unread 1st of May, 2002, 08:20
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The man's eyebrows suddenly rise and a look of surprise intermingled with embarassment crosses his face. A bit of red colors his cheeks and he immediately says, "My apologies, I should have introduced myself to begin with. I am Cadrius. Gralhruk? Shade? I do believe Lady Shade sounds a touch bit better than that dwarven one."

He gives a short, uncertain bow, as if he is not sure how much courtesy he should afford the assassin. Straightening he smiles, the first one to reach him that day, and says, "Indeed ladies, I do believe we met last night. I trust you are on the mend," he inquires of the woman who had been ambushed by the orcs and the wyvern just twelve hours earlier.

"Either way it is a pleasure to see you again," that said he bows, a deeper one than before. While he is not sure what form of witches that they might be, he does know that they are for the most part good people. That and they haven't been connected with any temporal stasis combined with assassination.
  #36  
Unread 1st of May, 2002, 22:54
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She notes his displeasure with her use of her fallen enemies name and files that information away. She nods at his choice -Lady Shade- and only thinks briefly how inappropriate the honorific is. Coupled as it is with his brief bow, she wonders what station this man had once held; clearly one where courtesy was the order of the day.

"As you would have it, Lord Cadrius."

She empahasizes the word 'Lord' slightly, almost questioningly, wondering if she is demoting him. She is unused to such courtesy and it flatters her slightly. That is, until she sees the smiles he has for the other women and realizes that his tolerance of her is forced, at best.

You are, of course, merely an assassin to him.

"Good day Ember, Anna, Jasmine; and thank you for accepting me as a guest. I am most indebted to . . ."

She looks questioningly at the mystic, still not knowing his name.
  #37  
Unread 2nd of May, 2002, 09:52
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
As the woman speaks her reply Cadrius turns back and looks at her a moment. His eyes stare intently and he angles his head to one side as if trying to discern any mockery in her voice. Eventually deciding that there is none to be had he says, a note of sadness in his voice, "Nay Lady Shade, Cadrius will suffice," he looks a moment longer before returning back to the mystic and his sisters.
  #38  
Unread 2nd of May, 2002, 22:53
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She nods, her eyes serious, as he rebukes her gesture. That was twice he had scorned her; it was good she had thick skin but she couldn't resist a small jab of her own. She manages to keep her voice neutral, even manages to avoid stressing his name, as she replies.

"As you would have it, Cadrius."

He hadn't missed her use of the dwarf's name; he wouldn't miss that she used the exact same phrase as before, only stripped of the honorific. She guessed he'd been stripped of that title or some other - it explained his bearing and manners as well as his despair. She knew something of loss as well and she knew the truth that he was obviously avoiding. Some things you lose you can't get back.
  #39  
Unread 7th of May, 2002, 03:00
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Although he does not turn back to face her, Shade notices a tightening of his lips, and a clench of his jaw. Clearly he understood and recognized exactly what she meant as she spoke. He nods wearily as if he had expected nothing different and awaits Whonan to see his mother.

Looking around he murmers quietly, "What a beautiful place you have here."
  #40  
Unread 7th of May, 2002, 23:13
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Instead of feeling good that her barb hit home, the woman is disgusted with herself. In truth, she owed them both for not turning her in; they deserved her thanks rather than her scorn. Instead of proving her worth she seemed determined to find their tolerance level.

These men accept your situation and invite you to travel with them and this is how you repay them. Push them harder and perhaps they will have done with you.

"It is indeed lovely."
  #41  
Unread 8th of May, 2002, 03:04
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
Ember interupts the following silence....

"Mother is waiting..."

The way she speaks is not authoritative it is more of caring then anything else.... the Grey eyed man obviously means alot to her, and she takes his hand as they enter through the arch up a series of about 5 marble stairs into the body of a great welcoming hall with arches similiar to the one passed through on three sides and a series of three arches near the beack of the room, one leading out two the rear and one in each corner, these into internal room it would seem, although indoors, the hall has many lush plants and fountains addorning it, with beatiful patter of dark and light marble on the floor, swirling in what would seem to be chaos until the roof is observed.... a dome, polished finely to reflect the patters into a sphere that seems almost real, swirling with the same patters making it up.... through the middle archway they proceed, into a long hallway again with the same fountains and open arches going off to the left and right.... the lighting pleasant with no obvious source, just ambient.

At the end of the hallway and through the arch there a tall woman is sitting in a low chair with very comfortable pillows surrounding her... the room with a translucent ceiling, this time showing off the swirling clouds above... not like any clouds that you have ever seen before, much more active, without being violent. The woman tall and lanky, not of human blood, but very similiar.... a very kind look on her face, with minimal signs of age past that of the midpoints for humans... but an aura that one could assume she had been around a lot longer than her appearance would let on.

"Welcome friends." She says with a huge smile and an embrase for Whonan.

"Please sit and stay a while, will you please." Her airy voice floating aloft... with the smells of fruits and citrus in the air... two bowls that you could swear weren't there before are locatted on tables next to a group of lowlying pillowed chairs in front of her.

Whonan takes a seat while the three girls remain standing and motion to Cadrius and Shade to sit, before sitting themselves on pillows infront of their mother.

"Please, tell me about yourselves, and where you might be off to." The woman questions with a look of sincere interest.
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #42  
Unread 8th of May, 2002, 07:05
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The man nods as Whonan speaks and follows him into the house. His eyes take in every detail around him from the stairs, to the pillars, to the archway, to the marble floor, to the pillows. He nods to himself once as if noting something but quickly refocuses his attention upon entering the chamber containing "mother."

Her features and presence seem to trouble the man, and he does not sit until everyone else has had their seat. He offers a quiet thanks for the seat and settles a bit uncomfortably in the chair next to Shade.
  #43  
Unread 10th of May, 2002, 04:54
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Upon hearing the woman speak Cadrius frowns a moment before speaking.

"My lady, forgive my rudeness, but I imagine if you have the same gifts such as your son you could pluck whatever you wish from our minds."

He glances around a little uneasily at his surroundings but nods as if sure of himself if not where he is.

"Moreover while it was very polite of your son to offer us shelter here I would in fact like to know where we are. Clearly this spacious place could not be located in the alley that we were in."

He pauses a moment and looks at his feet, not quite ashamed of his boldness, but not entirely impressed either.

"I do apologize and I would be remiss without introducing myself. I am Cadrius, and as to where we are going, well, I think our only goal was to leave town."
  #44  
Unread 13th of May, 2002, 22:45
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade looks at the ground as Cadrius takes a seat next to her, keeping an eye on him and the grey one with her peripheral vision. Many questions drift through her mind about the strange circumstance she finds herself in, this stranger man and his bizarre 'family'. She is beginning to feel that Cadrius is as much in the dark as she is.

"I am called Shade, and at the moment I have no destination in mind. My business in the immediate area is concluded and I find myself currently between jobs."

She saw no reason to give her true name, almost daring the matriarch to pull it from her mind. She raises her eyes to stare into the deep orbs of her host. The older woman regards her cooly and nods to her statement before voicing a reply.

"Greetings, travellers, and welcome to my abode. As you can see . . ."

The woman continues on about the grounds and buildings and history of the place, but Shade hears none of it. Almost immediately, her attention is diverted to yet another strange voice inside her head. All the while the matriarch's eyes are locked on her own.

-Greetings, Shade. In a way, I have been expecting you.-

Is that so? It was not my purpose to enter your home, nor was it my purpose to come to this town.

-There were . . . signs . . . that one of sufficient awareness can read. Those signs awakened my presence here once again, and led me to request a visit from Whonan and his two trusted companions.-

The grey one? We are his companions by chance only, and I'm sure he doesn't trust me.

She could almost feel the woman smile in her mind. She tried to ask questions, but the strange woman's presence was gone. She had apparently finished her discourse on the mansion as well, for the room was now silent. Shade stood rather stiffly and, without even looking around, beat a retreat to the courtyard outside.
  #45  
Unread 14th of May, 2002, 00:41
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The older woman's eyebrows arch at the man's outburst, "Indeed. Everything you ask and more shall be answered in due time, but not yet. If we are to be polite then I would be remiss if I didn't take you on a tour of my home," she says using the same words the man had used just a few moments earlier.

Cadrius sighs inwardly, he was getting tired of people using his own words to prove a point. Yet he nods and accepts that for now Whonan and his mother held all the cards.

She then proceeds to do as she says guiding the newcomers along with Whonan in tow as she describes her home. "Greetings, travellers, and welcome to my abode. As you can see it far more spacious than that alleyway might suggest..."

Cadrius quickly loses interest in her kindly rambling. Clearly she was not ready to divulge any information regarding what he found important. He would just have to force himself to be a little more patient.

He lightly drums his knuckles on the inside of his shield as he looks around at the home. It really was a beautiful place despite the unnerving sky. Although he resented not being informed he recognized that he was in fact at the mercy of his host. Being rude would not likely help the situation.

Suddenly Shade makes her way hastily to the courtyard, her steps swift but measured. Cadrius frowns at this uncertain of what could have set the assassin off. He begins to make his way toward her but he quickly hears the old woman's voice in his mind.

-Leave her be, she has her own thoughts to work out.-

The presence within his mind sets Cadrius back leaving him grasping at mental straws for a moment before he can regain his composure.

So, I was right then. You have the same gifts as your 'son.'

-I might.- the old woman replies in his head sensing his frustration.

Why have we been brought here?

-Whonan is needed, as are you, as is Shade.-

For what purpose?

-I did say all would be revealed in good time.-

And with that the woman is gone from his mind. Cadrius shakes his head slowly but appears resigned to his fate. He nods and continues to stand remaining quiet with his eyes lowered.
  #46  
Unread 15th of May, 2002, 03:46
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade bursts out into the sunlight and stops in the middle of the grassy yard, drawing deep breaths of the clear air. Looking up at the sky she winces slightly, as the bright light reflects off of the white scar that runs beneath her eyes. Feeling rather exposed, she moves off to one side of the courtyard beneath the shade of the trees there and crouches down against the wall.

What have I gotten myself into?

She had come here of her own free will and she could leave the same way. Or could she? The door she had entered through was gone. She squinted down at the ground, noting the prints she, Cadrius, and Whonan had made when they arrived. They ended in a blank stretch of wall. She made a mental note of that location for future reference.

She didn't like the idea that the woman had known she was coming; Shade hadn't even known. It implied somewhere that she wasn't in control of her own fate, and that bothered her greatly. Absently scanning the lawn, she noted another set of prints. This one came from the orchards beyond, not from the house like that of the three sisters. A light print, and small. Probably another female. With a brief glance back at the house, she started off toward the orchard following the unknown tracks.
  #47  
Unread 17th of May, 2002, 14:48
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
Meanwhile , back at the Inn......

The blue-clad sorcerer still sits there , a smile gracing his face , unchanged since his conversation with the grey-eyed one.
In fact : nothing of his stature has changed at all.....

As the ruckus about the dwarfīs death sttles down , the patrons start to notice his odd situation.

"Hey! Whatīs up with him?...."
"Man, looks just like a statue...."
"Hello! Anybody in there?..."
"This guy gives me the creeps! Whatīs going on?..."

Inside Megamieuwsels skull , his mind twists and turns frantically.
He appears to be trapped inside a rigid body. Canīt move , canīt talk , but he sure can think and see and hear....

Whatīs happening? What was that thud? A murder? Who? Why canīt I move?....
His mind struggles to regain control of his body , but to no avail.
People move into his sight , prodding him curiously , trying to find out whatīs wrong with him.

"By the demons of the third Hell! His bodyīs hard as marble!"

The Barkeep wlaks into view , taking a close look into his eyes. Megamieuwsel wants to scream but even his lungs donīt obey to his mond.
"Bad magic is at work here. Weīd better move him to the backroom. Having him here isnīt going to help me running this joint. Somebody give me a hand please..."

What the hell is going on?!?!?
LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Then another "voice" rings in the confines of his mind :
*So you want out?*
A silent laughter , slightly mocking follows.
*I can help you.....*
Who are you?
*Does that matter? Iīm the one that can help you get rid of this frozen state*
You caused this? With what goal? Whatīs your game?
*Now,now....What harsh question to someone that offers help.....
How ungratefull.....
But to answer your questions : No , I didnīt "cause" this ; you did it yourself! Your automatic reaction to the temporal stasis went kind of awkward , so to say...
And my game? Simple : I want to have a little fun , thatīs all...
Now : Shall I set you free , or do you prefer to stay in this state eternally....
Thatīs right : In this state you canīt die ; your body is in a perfect stasis and thus has no need for food and drink. Not even air.
The choice is up to you......*
What choice? I have little and you now that damn well! I havenīt got the faintest clue as to what you expect in return , but I want out! So work your magic.

The voice laughs again : a mental cackle that hints at a mischieveous intention......

*...In return? Nothing , but a little fun , thatīs all. My kind is kinda bored , you know....
Now ; Hang on! Iīm getting you out of here.*

Megamieuwsel starts to percieve a silent humming in his body , thatīs building up slowly , growing stronger , turning into a reverberation , tremors... ītill it feels like his entire body is like a huge bell thatīs just rung.
As it increases in pitch , a warmth from inside is growing into a heat , into an internal inferno......

Then , his corpus starts to move : Arms and legs and body stretch with a jerk and heīs rising , floating two feet above the floor in front of the cowering Innkeep and his patrons.

As the internal inferno and reverberation climb to a climax , his body spins faster and faster , ītill itīs causing a maelstrom of air and dust and small objects.....

Then Megamieuwsel explodes......

The spinning body bursts open and a ball of fire , cold as the deepest pits of chaos erupts from it , engulfing , no: devouring , the Inn and the entire block of houses , itīs in.
This only lasts a fraction of a second , then the sinister explosion implodes , sending a single jet of energy skywards.
The essence of what once was Megamieuwsel is riding it , soaring into the heavens , higher and higher , to where thereīs no air and the cold starlight meets him unhindered.
The world below him shrinks to a ball , a marble , a grain.....
__________________
<Crappy Sig...>
  #48  
Unread 31st of May, 2002, 03:19
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
As she passes out of the gate into the orchard, Shade notes a slight change in lighting. Everything seems to have a slight blue tinge. Shielding her eyes and staring up, she notes that the sun is also so tinted. Shaking her head she feels a slight shock go through her system, and wills herself to ignore this further strain upon reality.

Afraid of what explanations might come into her mind if she thinks on these seemingly impossible things for too long, she turns her attention back to the trail in front of her. Still there, the footprints wind lazily through the trees. She follows them to the edge of the orchard and into the wild wood beyond.

The mansion is growing rather distant now and the light doesn't seem as odd beneath the dark trees, although that is probably because of the almost palpable murk therein. She is beginning to get uneasy; there is a strange silence here, none of the normal woodland sounds are present. Alternate winds, hot and chilling, stir her dark hair. Goose bumps prickle her skin and she notes a damp, ankle high mist now rises from the ground, tinged with blue.

The trail is more difficult to follow but she follows resolutely, almost startled as it ends abruptly at the base of a great, shaggy tree. One slim hand reaches out to touch the slimy bark. As she does so there is an explosion of flapping and squawking from above as an enourmous blue raven leaps from the branches and quickly flaps away.
  #49  
Unread 3rd of June, 2002, 22:41
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius has had enough. He had played along for far longer than most normal people would have, he had even gone beyond his own personal code of courtesy. This Whonan and his extended family were being purposefully vague whenever questioned and he simply no longer wished a part of it. If they wanted his help, they could fill him in, if not then he would take his leave.

Unfortunately despite the irritation building up inside of the man, he is unable to voice it and merely says, "Pardon me, but I fear if I do not get some fresh air that I will pass out. Excuse me."

With that he makes his way back outdoors into the sunlit courtyard. The air is comfortably warm and a light breeze caresses his face. He feels his anger dulled for a moment before shaking his head. As perfect as it seemed, this place was entirely unnatural. The clouds alone proved that.

He stops short as he notices that the door they had passed through is no longer present. A blank, featureless wall with tracks seeming to come from it is all that remains. Cadrius frowns at the sight of this and hoped there was another way out aside from returning to ask Whonan's "mother."

He looks around again and remembers that Shade had just recently made her way out here. He peers into the shadows near the wall and is unable to find her. It is then that he sees the two sets of tracks heading out toward an orchard of some sort. Glancing back at the ones the three had made he notices that one set is Shade's, the other is unfamiliar. However it is largely unlike his own heavy bootprint.

"What has she gotten herself into," he asks in a quiet voice before heading out the gate and toward the orchard.
  #50  
Unread 10th of June, 2002, 22:43
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
The raven is a large specimen, even for it's species. It's glossy feathers are black tinged with the deepest blue. It is difficult to assess if this is natural or due to the odd lighting effect. It spins a short circle around the tree before landing on a stone outcropping next to Shade. She stares at it, the bird's eyes level with her own.

She can see her own tiny reflection in the glassy black orbs of the creature and for some reason that strikes an uneasy chord within her. It stares back with a force of personality so strong and so knowing that she staggers back a step.

And then she is dreaming. She is in the hot sun, waves of heat shimmering off of the white plains. Looking around, the vastness of the desert is broken only by the occaisional scrub brush or cactus. The heat and the emptiness are familiar to her, and these things she can bear. It is the light that hurts her the most, reflecting off of the sand, blinding her. As she collapses to her knees she can see the blurred outlines vultures circling above. When did she get so thirsty? She opens her waterskin to drink but it isn't water that drips out. Grey and bright, like molten steel, the beads that drip out miss her mouth and land in her eyes instead, then roll to her ears and into her brain. They were speaking, those drops of liquid iron, but they spoke only in riddles. She can barely see now, barely think, and she turns to the west - away from the sun. It looks cooler there and she sees the vague outline of a figure, broken but upright. And then the vulture is in front of her, staring at her with glassy black eyes. It's beak darts forward and she tries to move but she is too slow, like she is underwater. She feels the beak pierce the skin beneath her left eye, sliding across her nose, continuing under the other eye before sliding free with a sheet of blood.

***

Following the tracks through the orchard, Cadrius can see that they angle toward the forest. In the murky mist beneath, he can see a figure staggering forward. A figure draped in a midnight blue cloak. She is mudstained and disheveled, though she appears unharmed. Her eyes are glazed and unseeing though she continues to move forward without incident.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren