Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 22nd of November, 2004, 09:29
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Nodding to Shade, Nicos abandons the fire to her care to make his way over to Cadrius. Tapping Ben on the shoulder, the bard motions for the man to follow him. Stopping out of sword range of the former Paladin, Nicos eyes the blood oozing from the shoulder.

"Cadrius," he says. "I can help with the wound."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #52  
Unread 22nd of November, 2004, 14:07
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius pants, his breath coming heavily and the blood pounding in his ears. He doesn't hear Nicos, not at first, and instead stands still, facing the fallen troll. It isn't until the bard moves within sight that the battlelust begins to fade and he remembers his wound. The fallen paladin sheaths his sword within the earth and slides one hand under the pauldrons, finding the path the troll took to get under his breastplate. It comes away crimson.

"Yes," he says, feeling detached from the dimly aching wound, "it will need seeing to."

Methodically he begins removing his armor as he's done so many times before: helm and avenplate, gauntlets, rerebraces, elbowguards, vambraces, breastplate, backplate, skirts. Within a few minutes only his legs are armored, and a bright red stain mars the underclothing by his shoulder. He stands still while the bard takes one of his knives and cuts some of the cloth away, exposing the wound.

"Make certain none of it is inside," he says gravely, recalling what happens to a man whose clothing remains in the body after a wound has healed.
  #53  
Unread 22nd of November, 2004, 14:44
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Looking at the wound, Nicosí breath caught in his throat. Rather then a single messy gash, he is faced 1 messy gash, and 2 ugly but not as dangerous looking ones. Together all three were conspiring to pump out more blood then the bard would have preferred, but not as much as if a vein or artery had been severed. Luck, the gods, or his armour had saved the manís life, but only barely. A little deeper and it would have taken the attention of a Cleric, or skilled surgeon to save his life, neither of which Nicos was. Washing the blood out of the way with a liberal amount of water, Nicos braced himself for what he had to do. It would be ugly, and painful Ė almost as much to himself as to Cadrius.

Handing his blade over to Ben, the man quickly issues out a set of instructions.

"Take this blade to the fire Shade is cooking, and heat it until it's red-hot. And tell her to hurry up; I'm going to need more help here."

Turning back to Cadrius, Nicos pulls out his flask, and takes a swig before handing it over to the former paladin, and looking him in the eyes.

"Cadrius," he begins. "My options are limited out here, but I need to stop the wound from bleeding, and I need to do it now. This is going to hurt, it's going to hurt a lot, but you still have a choice. You can remain awake for what is about to happen, or you can be unconscious. I can't decide for you; either path is going to be harsh, so it's up to you."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 22nd of November, 2004 at 15:02.
  #54  
Unread 23rd of November, 2004, 05:20
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Ben takes the bard's dagger and nods when he was told to take it over and heat the blade. He realized the bard's intent, and quickly turned to jog over to the small fire that the woman was building. He caught the bard's question to the other warrior but not the answer.

He glanced over at where Blarth was still pummeling the troll with his club, the blows inflicted by the massive weapon smashing the creature's bones constantly. But the constant snapping and popping noises from the body showed that his blows were futile at killing the beast, just as the half-orc had claimed.

Hopefully he can keep the thing down until the fire is ready.

The thought passed through Ben's mind as he came upon Shade's position. He moved around the small furrow so he wouldn't get in her way and hunched down. Without looking up at her he put the small weapon into the fire, waiting anxiously for the blade to turn red with the heat from the flame. Time was precious, the other warrior could easily bleed to death from his wounds.
  #55  
Unread 23rd of November, 2004, 09:48
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius swayed on his feet watching Ben take the dagger to the fire. The wound was deep, he could feel it pulsing with his heart, and it would need fire to tend it properly. There would be pain. Much pain. Yet there is little else to be done. They lack a healer, and his one-armed nursemaid, while possessing noble intentions, will not manage with bandages alone. He gives Nicos a weary look.

"Find me some leather and any wine or ale if you have it. I will...be over there." He nods at several rocks jutting out of the earth like fingers. The fallen paladin gives Nicos a weak smile. "And see if you can get Blarth and Ben to come with you. I do not want you to be harmed."
  #56  
Unread 23rd of November, 2004, 11:44
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Nodding, Nicos fishes out the flask from his belt pouch, and hands it over. Standing, the bard hesitates and softly comments, "I doubt it makes it any better, but I know what it feels like."

Leaving the man to mentally prepare himself, Nicos walks over to Shade and Ben.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 23rd of November, 2004 at 12:12.
  #57  
Unread 24th of November, 2004, 08:15
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
A mile west of the party, a slight figure makes its way swiftly over the scree, heading east. Violet eyes scan the ground, then the surroundings, then the ground again, ceaselessly searching for clues, tracks, indications of life. Hands clutch convulsively over the hilts of a matched pair of blades, a longsword and a shorter, narrower, sword.

Surayon bites back her fury. She has been tracking her latest prey for two days now, following week old tracks the bandit made as he headed straight for the hills. Overlaying the tracks are fresher, bigger tracks, the tracks of a much more imposing creature; a troll, maybe, or an ogre. It is at most a quarter hour ahead, maybe even less. This development could delay her vengeance, maybe even prevent her from accomplishing it.

A darker part of her mind whispers inside, find it, kill it, it will hinder our goal, it may take our prize, it cannot be allowed to interfere with our quest...
She forces the voice down, trying to find some measure of calm. The creature could hinder her goal, simply by forcing her to divert around it. Maybe she should at least track it back to its lair...

A roar erupts from just ahead. Drawing an arrow and nocking it in one motion, she races forward, her thoughts torn between fear, anticipation and a sudden flare of excitement. Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, she was involved now.
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...

Last edited by Shadowfane; 24th of November, 2004 at 08:20.
  #58  
Unread 25th of November, 2004, 02:29
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade works with her characteristic efficient fury and shortly the small fire is a blaze of heat and flame. She pulls a flask of oil from her pack and douses the still writhing troll, avoiding Blarth and his pounding club. With a flaming brand, she sets the thing alight, shielding her eyes from the smoke.
  #59  
Unread 25th of November, 2004, 05:35
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
While he was waiting for the blade to heat up sufficiently, Ben observed the woman turning the small fire into a roaring flame. Then she quickly moved over to finish the troll off. Ben returned to watching the blade slowly heat up, agonizingly slowly. He wonderd if the smoke of the fire might alert any companions the troll had of their companions fate, but he couldn't be sure. He didn't know anything about trolls, so he couldn't even guess if they would travel in groups.

Ben looked up as Nicos came over, then returned his gaze to the small weapon. At least the bard knew what to do in this situation. Ben knew they needed to stop the bleeding, but he'd never been any good at medicinal tasks. Without looking back up he asked, "So what do you need to me do after the blade heats up?"
  #60  
Unread 25th of November, 2004, 07:39
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
A column of black smoke boils upwards from the rise just ahead, causing Surayon to check her headlong rush forward. Although she wasn't the most knowledgeable person about trolls, she did know that fire was the only reliable way to destroy one. Since trolls were hardly likely to assist in their own demise, that meant someone else was down there. Someone either skillful enough or numerous enough to take down a troll. But who else could be out here?...



Her face stiffens, her mouth twisting into a snarl. Maybe another party of bandits, waiting here for their friend to return. Her fury rises to almost uncontollable levels before she can force it down again, her hand white around the grip of her bow. Nothing is certain, the identity of whatever lies over the rise can only be determined through seeing for herself, but no more blindly rushing forwards.



Keeping the arrow nocked and ready to draw at a moment's notice, Surayon ghosts forward, using all her training and knowledge to move silently, working her way round the rise to look into the hollow. Whatever she thinks she will she, it isn't anything like what she expected.



To one side is the burning corpse of a troll, the popping sounds of burning fat occasionally audible over the crackling fire. Standing over the troll is a slim figure, shrouded in a cloak, a man with a club standing by her. Nearer the middle of the clearing is a human, clearly in some pain, elven eyes spotting the wounds across his torso and shoulder. Two more figures are next to a fire, one kneeling in front of it, the other standing, his shape somehow different to the others, something missing....

Surayon shakes her head slightly, no matter, but what to do? Are these more of the people who destroyed my home? Why are they here? Why now? The arrow point shifts from figure to figure as she desperately tries to decide what to do
  #61  
Unread 26th of November, 2004, 11:57
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
"Hold him down." Nicos replies grimly.

Looking at the dagger, buried deep within the flame, the bard mentally braces himself for what is about to happen.

"Come on, that should be hot enough. If we wait too long Cadrius is going to loose too much blood."

Walking back towards the lone figure that is Cadrius, Nicos stops to succinctly explain the situation to Blarth.

"Blarth, I'm going to need to cauterise Cadrius' wound, and I'm going to need your help to hold him still."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #62  
Unread 27th of November, 2004, 08:54
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Tired from the level of exertion he put into the all too brief encounter with the troll, Blarth merely nods at Nicos' request and accompanies him to Cadrius' side.
  #63  
Unread 27th of November, 2004, 09:32
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Ben didn't react to the bard's answer. It was what he'd been expecting. Doing what they were about to do was something you only did if no other choice was available. And even if Cadrius meant well, he knew the man couldn't just lie there and take it, nor could Ben in the same situation.

The bard's right, the blade's heated enough. He pulls the knife out of the fire and, careful not to let the blade touch himself, straightens himself out. He moves over to where Cadrius is while Nicos goes to get the half-orc.

He walks over to the outcropping of rocks where the other warrior is. He doesn't try to keep the now red-blade of the knife hidden. The other man knew what was going on, and Ben didn't feel any shame at being the one to bring it.

"You holding on alright," he asks the other warrior.
  #64  
Unread 28th of November, 2004, 06:37
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Surayon watches from her concealment, noting the man moving over to the injured human with a blade that now glowed red-hot from the heat of the fire. Realising what is about to happen, she winces - this isn't going to be pretty, or pleasant, she well knows what happens to flesh when it is burned or seared.

Looking at the other human, she suddenly realises that that sense of something missing is caused by him missing an arm. Her rage subsides, replaced by confusion. The men she is on the trail of suffer no such injuries that she knows of, at least, not yet... a voice in her mind whispers. Indeed, from the little she has seen of them while stalking them, they look down on such people, sneering and insulting them. If a member of this group has one of those injuries, they were unlikely to be part of the group that destroyed her home, her life. In an agony of indecision, she recalls a saying her father once told her, "Courtesy costs nothing". So be it, father, you teach me even now... She hunkers down into her cover, deciding that she will go down to the group, but not until after the red-hot blade has done its work - distraction at this point would only be harmful.
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #65  
Unread 28th of November, 2004, 11:57
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius slumps against the rocks, holding the now-empty wineskin in one hand. A few crimson drops, of wine and not blood, hang on his chin, caught within the two days growth there. The drink burns within him, momentarily distracting him from the pulsing in his shoulder. Even now blood eeks its way through the fresh wound, staining his underclothes and the ground beneath him.

He sees Ben approach, but his eyes are focused on the heated blade in his hand. The metal glows red and orange. There will be pain. He steels his resolve, ordering his mind to control his body. The words of his old Master-At-Arms spring unbidden into his mind. "Discipline beats talent every time." He wonders how that might aid him now.

"I will be fine," he says, taking the dagger's sheath, laying on the ground nearby, and wedging it tightly between his teeth. Nicos gives him a questioning look, taking the blade from Ben. Cadrius draws a deep breath and nods.

The half-orc and former mercenary kneel by Cadrius, helping him lay flat on the ground. They each take hold of an arm and place weight upon his chest. Each is quite strong, and Cadrius doubts he could best them both, not even at his strongest. Now he feels little better than a mewling kitten.

Nicos steps closer and Cadrius can begin to feel the heat rolling off of the blade. He's never cared for fire, and is now greatful that he was not born into a smith's family.

Discipline. I shall not scream. It will hurt little more than a scratch. Discpline. There will be--

Pain. With a quick motion the bard lays the blade against the wound, searing the lacerations closed. Cadrius' draws in a sharp breath and then screams; the sheath partially dampens the cry. All of his training, his pride, his supposed discipline, is burned out in one moment. Nothing remains save agony and the all-consuming fire emanating from the dagger. Cadrius dimly recognizes the sickly smell of burning flesh.

He finds new strength amidst the blinding pain and rocks against Blarth and Ben, raising himself a foot off the ground before the two redouble their efforts and firmly hold him down. Cadrius thrashes his legs ineffectually, his body seeking a way to escape the burning. His back arches before being forced back down again.

His work done, Nicos steps away from the three men but is clipped by one of the fallen paladin's flailing kicks. The bard stumbles away just as Cadrius slumps, losing consciousness.
  #66  
Unread 28th of November, 2004, 12:56
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Taking the red hot blade, Nicos pressed it firmly over the wound. The stench of burning flesh rose up and enveloped the one armed man, assaulting his senses and calling forth memories he would prefer to forget.

-Oh shit, this is bad.-
-Is he going to die?-
-Thereís too much damned blood, I canít see.-
-Oh gods, the armís mangled.-
-Heís awake.-
-Shit, this would be easier if he was still out.-
-Nicos? Nicos, we need you to lie very still. Youíve been hurt very badly-
-Hold him down; Iíll try to make this quick.-
-Nicos; I need you to focus on my voice. Try to ignore everything else.-
-Damnit, is that blade done yet?-
-Here, bite down on this.-
-Just my voice, thereís only my voice.-
-Oh gods, oh gods! The blood is everywhere!-
-Give me that blade, now!-
-Itíll all be over soon.-
-Heís bucking! Hold him steady!-
-Oh gods, that stench! I think Iím going to be Ö urk.-
-Keep him down!-
-Itíll soon be alright, everything will soon be alright.-


Blinking tears away from his eyes and returning to the present, Nicos pulls the blade away from Cadriusí flesh and examines the wound, struggling to keep from screaming at remembered pain. The cauterization had done its job well, leaving only a little blood oozing from the main wound. Having stepped away from the struggling man, Nicos was caught off guard by one of the frenzied kicked, getting stuck firmly in the chest, and knocked to the ground.

Wincing at the bruises the blow had caused, the bard got back to his feet only to find Cadrius now passed out. Stepping in to examine the wound again, Nicos shook his head. It had improved, but not nearly an improved enough. Dropping the still red-hot dagger to the side, and still trying to shake the echoes of the past, the bard sighed and mutters aloud.

"Well at least he is unconscious now. This spell is an unpleasant thing."

Holding his hand level over the wound, Nicos began loudly chanting. Normally when the bard called upon the arcane to aid him, it was a quiet thing, barely audible. This time the effects were more noticeable.

Feeling the unnatural energies gather, the hair on the back of Nicos' neck stand on end as his chanting increases. A feeling of sickness grows in his gut, and the man struggled to continue chanting without upheaving his breakfast. The magic was unnatural, unpleasant, and building.

With another increase in volume, the bard jams his hand against the wound, and gave a mighty shudder as the power crawled through his body into that of the former paladin. His skin crawling almost uncontrollably, Nicos finally leaves the chant to die into echoes and removes his hand to reveal the wound. It's healing had been notably speed along. This coupled with the cauterization meant Cadirus was no longer in risk of death.

Having done all he could, Nicos steps away, and stumbles to the ground. Vainly attempting to blink away tears, the bard grasps for the flask that no longer hangs at his belt. Denied the escape of oblivion, the ghosts of the past overwhelm Nicos the Bard. Former member of the Brotherhood of the Raven's Claw. Former Whole-Man.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 7th of April, 2005 at 20:05.
  #67  
Unread 28th of November, 2004, 15:52
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Ben moved away from the now unconscious warrior as Nicos mumbled something about a spell. Ben didn't even watch, too busy panting and trying to keep the ration he'd just eaten down in his stomach, leaning against one of the nearby rocks for balance. The smell of Cadrius' flesh burning was bad, but wasn't unbearable or a new sensation. But the sight of the blade searing and boiling the flesh, the look on the other man's face...it was all too much like that night--

No. Ben closed his eyes, banishing the thoughts away. Now was not the time for that. The deed had been done, Cadrius was out now, and Ben didn't think it would be wise to move him. Ben looked up at the gathered group. Cadrius was out cold, and Nicos was the only one with any medical experience it seemed so needed to stay here. That left Blarth and the woman, what did Nicos call her again? Shadow? No, Shade, that was it.

Pushing himself away from the rock, he moved over to where she was, where the troll was still burning.

"Shade, Cadrius is out. I don't know for how long, but it'll probably be long enough for whatever friends this Troll may have had to come looking for us." Ben glances over where the more armored man lay against the rocks and looks back at the cloaked woman.

He doesn't like her. Maybe it was becuase of how she'd started that interrogation last night, or her saying she had been a theif before. Maybe there wasn't even a reason, but the tension in the air between them was so great it was almost tangible. She had been the one to spot the troll however, so it was obvious that her senses were more finely tuned than his.

"They're probably not anywhere near here, but lets you and me check out the surrounding area anyways. Maybe we can find someplace better than here to hide in while we wait for Cadrius to become mobile again."
  #68  
Unread 1st of December, 2004, 03:41
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
The troll burns; noisy, smoky, and acrid. Somewhat obscured, Shade can see Nicos and Ben preparing to heal Cadrius. She should go to him, comfort him. Another woman would. She thinks about a lock of blond hair in a silver amulet and her jaw grinds. His woman would have.

As usual, Cadrius is stoic as they approach. Shade is rooted where she is, every muscle taut with something between fear and fury. There is anger in her, enough anger to slice into friend or foe with words or blades like it was the fight of her life. Why had Cadrius let himself get hurt? Why did this troll have to lumber across their path? Why did it have to be someone she cared about?

Her fist clenches. If they had any decency they would have pummeled him into unconsciousness. Almost. She almost goes to do it but then it's to late, and his yells of pain make that fist tighten until the knuckles crack.

When Ben approaches the veil hides the emotion surely displayed on her face. It takes monumental self control not to simply explode into the fury that consumes her as eagerly as fire consumes a troll. Eyes like steel spikes turn on him with vengeance and she merely stares for long seconds. Then she turns away as her feet move to do what he asked.
  #69  
Unread 2nd of December, 2004, 16:30
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Ben took a step back when Shade looked at him. The hatred in her eyes wasn't so shocking, but the pure, raw fury was. He was certain that his skin would just wither away, his bones reduced to ash, underneath that gaze. She held his gaze, and the way her eyes burned made it so he didn't dare turn away from it for fear of being made a target of that fury.

But she turned away from him after several agonizing seconds. Ben let out a breath he didn't even realize he'd been holding, hoping never to be under such a terrible gaze again. He started after the other woman, closing his eyes to calm his nerves from the intense experience before opening them again to see that he'd caught up to the smaller figure.

He fell in behind her, letting her scout out ahead. The only reason he'd even come along with her was becuase one: it had been his idea and two: he didn't want her to get caught without some support. It wouldn't do much good for him to have to explain to the others that she had disappeared when he suggested she scout things out.

So he just kept quiet and followed Shade, hoping for his sake that she would be able to keep herself from unleashing that fury from earlier.
  #70  
Unread 2nd of December, 2004, 20:37
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Surayon watches as the one-armed man presses his knife to the other humans wound, the smell of cooking flesh and the sound of muffled screams carrying across to where she hides. She holds herself still, waiting for the moment to quieten, not wanting to provoke anything when she gets up. Before she can start moving, she sees the hooded one and the other armoured human head into the surrounding area, a little to the left of where she is hidden. To be found now would possibly provoke a confrontation, one she doesn't wish to occur; she must save her rage for the killers of her village. Realising her hand has been forced, she sighs quietly, then stands and glides forward towards the one-armed man, deliberately stepping on a twig and snapping it with a sharp crack to advertise her presence.
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #71  
Unread 3rd of December, 2004, 00:26
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Still fatigued from the inhuman exertion he had used to mangle the troll, Blarth collapses next to the unconcious Cadrius after Nicos is done with his work. Once again Blarth was thankful he had been gifted. Many of his tribe had borne the scars of such treatments as he had just witnessed. Blarth however, had no such scars, had never had to endure such painful treatments. His gifted mind could heal his body's injuries far easier and far faster than the branding iron.

Shooting straight up at the sound of the twig snapping, Blarth grabs for his club again, afraid that they might be under attack from another troll. Instead all he sees is the slight figure of an elven woman. Who was she? And why was she in this desolate place by herself? Lowering his club, but keeping it in hand, Blarth challenges her, "What are you doing here?"
  #72  
Unread 3rd of December, 2004, 03:19
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Walking forward, Surayons head snaps round as she hears the voice, and she curses herself as she remembers the other member of this party - the half-orc with the club.
"What are you doing here?"
Biting back the irritation at her lack of attention, she answers, speaking formally and coldly.
"I am Surayon Lauthelias of the Blackwood, and my buisiness here is my own. And what of you? What are you doing here, and why are you making enough noise to bring every beast within a league down on you?"
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #73  
Unread 3rd of December, 2004, 04:18
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade spins as the elf speaks, inwardly cursing herself for being as wooden eared as the men she travelled with. Nobody should have gotten that close to them without being noticed. As her mind analyzes that almost melodic voice she frowns. Elves were stealthy.

If Surayon had meant to harm them, she could have struck already. Shade saunters up to her slowly.

"What were we thinking, making all that noise. It would have been better to let this troll eat us quietly."
  #74  
Unread 3rd of December, 2004, 19:26
Shadowfane's Avatar
Shadowfane
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #982
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 166 (0.03 per day)
Surayon turns to look at the cloaked figure, only now realising that the hood hides a womans face. A glance around shows the whole group is here, all seemingly watching. Courtesy, remember, be polite...
"What were we thinking, making all that noise. It would have been better to let this troll eat us quietly."
A flare of anger erupts as the woman speaks, but is quickly swallowed by the ever-present emptiness. After all, what difference does one troll, or two, or hundreds really make, as long as she can get her vengeance?

"Yes. It would"
__________________
People who say dice karma doesn't exist have obviously never roleplayed...
  #75  
Unread 5th of December, 2004, 15:15
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Ben froze when he heard the branch snap and saw Shade turn arounf. He though maybe he'd stepped on it, and now she would berate him on his poor stealth skills. But then he heard a voice.

Ben turned his head to see the slight figure of an Elf.

The elf snapped the twig on purpose. They're light enough that, if they wanted to sneak up on us, they wouldn't snap a twig if they stepped on it. She WANTED us to find her. Which is harmless if she wasn't the person who sicked the troll on us. But could mean she's distracting us if she was...

Giving only an impassionate stare as his thoughts veer into the area for traitors and spies, he turns back to face Shade, wondering if they could still go out scouting. But he knew that, with a new stranger here, she wouldn't leave. Why would she leave them to the mercy of someone she didn't know?

Ben chuckled at that thought, realizing why it was that Cadrius had stayed up for watch with him last night. Of course. It makes sense now. Why did I think they would trust me?

The same, impassionate stare comes back to his face. Well, he wouldn't let the elf fool him. If her allies were about, he'd find them, without the woman's help.

He shouldered his way past Shade and went over the next rise, intent on finding the Troll's allies. It didn't make any sense that it had attacked them all by itself. It HAD to have allies somewhere. And he'd find them. Even if it took the rest of the day.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren