Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #126  
Unread 21st of February, 2002, 03:44
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
The redheaded woman pauses for a moment to take in the small woman addressing them.

A "Yes?" and "Hello..." were feeble attempts to respond in turn to Cappucina's inquiries while she was talking... after that Ember simply sat until she finished.

"These are my sisters, born to the same mother... we have been called witches before however.... and we were indeed performing a Ritual of bonding here tonight... but as you saw it got cut a bit short." Jasmine interrupts... "Its a long standing tradition, you see... a very complicated process, and yes a very sacred one also, it strengthens our bonds to each other, and sanctifies our power." Finally Anna cuts in.. "I was finally ready." Ember looking proud of her youngest sister speaks confidently "Today was Anna's birthday, today she became a woman, and the final link." They all turn to look at Whonan... the youngest blushing immensly... where he sits seemingly wrapped up in another world. Jasmine looks back at Cappucina, "Whether he's kind or not, he would want you to decide that for yourself.... thats just the way he is." speaking as if he wasn't even there.

Whonan's eyes, twinkling and dancing with the firelight that so instensly consumes his attention, stay fixated straight forward, however he speaks addressing certainly the young Halfling woman. "Their mother took me in when I was still just a boy... I owe to her almost everything I know.... she is a very great woman." For some reason this makes Ember a bit uneasy, almost visibly jealous, however Whonan continues... "And who might you be? I haven't seen you around here before." his gaze finally straying from the fire, to meet Cappucina's... where she can now fully see his quiet smile, highlighted by the fire dancing off his dark etched features.
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #127  
Unread 21st of February, 2002, 11:56
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius blinks in surprise as the barrage of conversation from the halfling woman.

"Er," "why than-," and "Well," is what he manages to stammer and slip into the conversation before she is off leaving the tall man feeling a little bashful after receving a compliment from a halfling. The words actually bring a touch of color to his cheeks and a slight smile to his mouth before it flees before his somber state once again.

"Pleased to meet you Cappuchina, my name is Cadrius," he finally says once she's moved onto another person to speak to. He sighs but his step seems a bit lighter as he approaches the others by the fire.

"Are you ladies well?" he asks stepping fully into the firelight, "I noticed one of you were down during the fight and I feared the worst."

His gaze flicks back and forth between the women and the gray cloak, listening intently to his story. He nods a bit perplexed and a bit disturbed by the accusations of witchcraft but he shrugs and lets it go. He had no right to judge anyone anymore.
  #128  
Unread 22nd of February, 2002, 02:36
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Elanor listens to Ember's explanation of the fire and the ritual with fascination. Is it witchcraft then? She is intensely curious about magic in all its manifestations. She has to wonder about the three sisters, especially the youngest.... "today she became a woman", says the oldest, and then they all look at the gray cloaked man. My goodness! What was going on around here? Elanor shares a grin and a wink with Cappucina.

"Well, if my services are no longer needed here, I'll be heading back to the shop." Treasure is beginning to squeak and hiss hungrily again, but has been relatively well-behaved the whole time. He darts back and forth over Elanor's head, occasionally zipping over to inspect the glowing gem in Anna's open hand, but returning in an instant each time.

Elanor turns to the halfling woman. "Cappucina, come by my shop tomorrow if you like. We can talk some more about those goggles you mentioned before.

"Good night everyone!"

Last edited by Kelemyn; 22nd of February, 2002 at 08:00.
  #129  
Unread 22nd of February, 2002, 04:36
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (2.07 per day)
Rod looks at Whonan and listens to his explanation of the sisters
Finally he finds an opening and adresses Whonan while approaching and sitting near him
"Your power, It's not magic is it, No I recognise it. I Think it's something like the power that hasbeen gifted to me so recently."
Rod looks at the sisters, his face is oddly inquisitive,
"Do you have similar powers? How did your powers develop"
Rod smiles
"Sorry, I hadn't seen another with powers similar to mine, neither had the crew by the speed with which they trhrew the gem overboard and then dumped me at the nearest port"
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #130  
Unread 22nd of February, 2002, 04:44
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Crito is relieved to see that everyone is safe, especially now that Elanor has tended to those with the worst injuries. As she bids everyone goodnight, Crito decides it's a good time for him to head back to the town hall and take care of business. He gives a wave to the group, who mostly seem intent on some map they recently discovered, and follows Elanor back to town and into the hall where he arranges to purchase his vendor license.
  #131  
Unread 22nd of February, 2002, 09:03
magfrump's Avatar
magfrump
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #32
Posts: 6 (0.00 per day)
upon making it to the town hall, crito sees a large, striking human, apparently fascinated with the door. this makes it problematic to pass, as the figure does not appear to have noticed crito.
__________________
lemon curry?
  #132  
Unread 22nd of February, 2002, 09:49
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Satisfied that everything is in order and that nobody is seriously wounded Cadrius nods to the others and says with a brief salute, "It has been a pleasure and an honor protecting you. Good Evening."

He makes his way back to town much more slowly than he left it. Keeping his right hand over his wound as the blood slowly clots. He arrives back at the inn and makes his way inside and resumes eating the remnants of his cold soup.
  #133  
Unread 27th of February, 2002, 15:00
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #28
Posts: 15 (0.00 per day)
Second bounds back into the inn, still a bit annoyed at everyone's bloodthirsty "Kill it now" attitude against the wyvern. Sitting down at a table, he watches everyone for a while, looking for anything of interest.

Noting the bleeding man, he says "Hey fella... you alright?"
  #134  
Unread 27th of February, 2002, 22:25
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (2.07 per day)
BigRed heads back to town still wanting to find out more about his power but realises that night is drawing near and he hasn't slept for a long time.
He finds a suitable inn which contains one or two of the people he saw fighting the wyvern and rents a room. Then he sits quietly with a mug of ale weighing up what to do with the rest of his life and watching the other bar patrons
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #135  
Unread 28th of February, 2002, 01:28
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
Whonan sits calmly as the others fade back to the city. In response to Rod's query he simply replies.. "Perceptive..."

The young blond woman becomes more calm and confident as time passes... she nods to the young man interested in her status. "I'll be fine. But I do appreciate your concern."

Whonan stands to see the others off... and stops Rod for a moment... "We will talk soon... for now, rest, with confidence in only yourself." The features of his face alit with life, obviously not tired at all, and very much alert... drastically in contrast with the others who seem to be weary. After the others leave for the town the four odd strangers remain seated at the fire, and their presence nearby fades from the tired minds of those they met that night.
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #136  
Unread 28th of February, 2002, 02:27
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The dark haired man nods saying, "Yes I am, thank you for asking. That beast delivered quite a blow."

He pauses to check his wound and as he suspected the bleeding has already stopped. It is still puckered on his side, but it would heal in time.

He pauses to take a draw from his ale before saying, "That was wise about not attacking the beast. Apparently it got more than it bargained for with us."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren