Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 14th of February, 2002, 17:34
TheDruid20's Avatar
TheDruid20
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Member: #2
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,209 (0.21 per day)
Thed Ruid just tries to keep from getting stepped on in the mess, but soon as Megamieuwsel falls he runs to the mans side touches his head, "My Yondolla heal you my friend" heal 17hp.
Standing up he yells something in halfling, then hurls a sling stone at the beast. It hits the beast soundly.


OOC: If the wyvern is as per the MM I hit and did 4pts of damage.
__________________
"You know, once you Feng Sui the organs, its actually rather nice in here." Stewie from Family guy, said from the inside of a dead camel.
  #102  
Unread 14th of February, 2002, 22:58
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Hopeless cases, that must be my special talent.

A wild looking dwarf strides in just in time to see the wyvern flee and the green-haired druid drop. He unhurriedly moves to guard the fallen spellcaster, dodging the axe aimed for him. He retailiates with an axe swipe of his own, more to keep the brute back than anything else, and the orc easily dodges it. They circle each other, looking for openings.
  #103  
Unread 15th of February, 2002, 04:22
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #28
Posts: 15 (0.00 per day)
The green haired man picks himself up, spitting out dirt and grass, muttering to himself "..stupid stupid stupid....tripper..". Glancing about he watches him whirling a sling and firing at the retreating wyvern.

Rearing back, he lunges forward, and delivers a punch across The Druid 20's face, screaming "DO NOT ATTACK RETREATING ANIMALS!"

He then moves toward the orc engaged with the dwarf, always trying to keep the orc between the Dwarf and himself.
  #104  
Unread 15th of February, 2002, 04:23
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Elanor's mouth snaps shut as Cappucina admonishes her to be quiet. Well, she guesses that makes sense, although she doubts that the large, winged creature - is it some kind of dragon? - is going to be paying much attention to either of them. It seems to have plenty to keep it occupied just at the moment, and in fact, it appears to be turning tail, and beginning to move off.

Of course, there are still a few orcs milling about. Cappucina took care of one - a nifty piece of work - but there were a couple more still standing. Were there injured people up there? There was so much confusion it was hard to tell, but she thought she saw the green haired man fall to the ground. Perhaps she had better follow the halfling and try to get closer to the fray. Quietly, of course.
  #105  
Unread 15th of February, 2002, 04:42
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (2.07 per day)
Rod stands up carefully checking that he wasn't too baldy injured
Looks like we saw off that creature. Just a few of these bloody orcs to deal with

Rod notices the orc leader crackling with electricty and writhing in pain, he sees the man in grey is staring at the orc intensely.
So many people, so many strange powers

Heh, this shouldnt be too difficult

Stooping down to pick up his crossbow. Rod walks up behind the orc leader, and , taking careful aim with his rapier, strikes the orc. The rapier thrusts into the back of the orc, causing severe damage to it's internal organs, bleeding heavily the leader collapses
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll

Last edited by BigRedRod; 15th of February, 2002 at 04:57.
  #106  
Unread 15th of February, 2002, 04:50
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Watching the beast flee in pain and anger Cadrius cannot help but feel a slight twinge of regret. It may have come here seeking easy prey but it definitely got more than it bargained for. It was not something he wished to kill nor something he wanted to die fighting. It simply was not fitting.

Turning around he examined the situation recognizing the orcs is various conditions, be it burned, crispy, or just slightly charbroiled. Two were in stasis and one was currently circling with a dwarf.

The tall man shrugs and nonchalantly moves toward the pair engaged in a most deadly dance. He could simply strike out over his head, but having dealt with dwarves in the past Cadrius knew of their pride in battle. He also could have simply struck those orcs that were held, even though he did not like the look of the electricity arcing around and over them, but he was not a cold-blooded killer, not anymore. He scowls as another man buries his thin blade into an orc's back.

So instead he calmly wipes the blood from his blade and examines the puckered wound on his side where the creature's tail had struck him. Satisfied that he was not in any mortal danger he calls out to the wild looking dwarf, "Do you require any assistance dwarf?"
  #107  
Unread 15th of February, 2002, 05:46
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
"Brrrr!
Did anybody get the number of that donkey-cart?"

Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs from his mind , Megamieuwsel rises to a sitting position.
A few random grabbing moves with his hands retrieve his hat and the sorry conditionit's in...

"OH MY FROG! LOOK AT MY HAT! My taylor's gonna KILL me , if he sees this. "

Furiously leaping to his feet , he looks left and right , in search of the reptilian "hat-molester" , his eyes ablaze with rage.
Alas ; the lizard isn't there anymore .

"Hmpf... The blasted creeper took a hike , the coward....
Now what to do?
Hmmmm..... AH! I know!"

Keeping his right hands close above his mutilated hat he utters some unintelligeble word and with a soft green glow , the observant bystander , unavailable as usual , could see it "un-dent itself and that little tear close invisible.{{OOC.-Mending. -OOC}}

"There! As good as new!
Now , how's the rest doing..."
__________________
<Crappy Sig...>
  #108  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 00:55
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
The remaining two orcs last only for a short second longer with the group closing in around them, and no large winged distraction.

"Everything seems to have calmed... perhaps the Wyvern was hunting the Orcs which invaded its wood... but mistakenly cuaght some bistandards in the process."

Whonan makes quick work of removing the bodies of the Orcs from near the campfire. The two guards seem to be wearing leather armor, and had greataxes in their possession. The Chief Orc wears a crowned helmet that is well decorated. He has a small rough looking bag that hands at the side and what appears to be an "out of place" map case tied to the belt, much too refined for the Orcish tastes most likely along with the crown a spoil of war. All of their things are well stained with blood.

The wind kicks up a bit and the fire roars, as the scent of insence is now slightly noticeable coming from the fire... upon further examination of the area, the intent of the circle and fire become a bit more evident, the women must have indeed been performing some sort of ceremony. They now are huddled together, comforting the youngest who is visibly shaken by the bloodshed.
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #109  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 01:39
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (2.07 per day)
Looking down at the Orc leader on the ground before him Rod reaches for the bag. He has a quick rummage, finding a small number of gold coins, a little food and a large amount of knuckle bones. Claiming the coins he throws the bag on the campfire and sits down, quite overwhelmed by the past few minutes of intense combat
His body aches from where the wyvern struck him
Heh, i've been on land for over an hour and I still haven't had a drink

Sitting up Rod watches the others
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #110  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 02:29
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
For an answer the dwarf splits the Orc's head open like a ripe melon, dropping the foul beast with a spray of blood (alot of this)and brains (not so much here).

"I think I got this one," he grunts to the tall human, "Thanks for the offer, though".

He sketches a quick salute with his axe. He kneels by the fallen orc, carefully wiping his bloody axe on the beasts ragged cloak. He stands and tests the edge again, catching Crito's eye as he does so.

"Still sharp, friend!"

He sits by the fire and hauls a flask from his belt, taking a quick drink. He notices Rod and offers the flask before setting about oiling his fine axe.
  #111  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 03:16
BigRedRod's Avatar
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #17
Location: In the bath
Posts: 11,976 (2.07 per day)
Rod Nods and takes the offered flask, he takes a drink and hands it back
"Many Thanks"

Noticing the mud on his jacket and trousers from when he was knocked to the ground Rod sighs
Oh well, I suppose I can get it off later

Looking at the rest of the crowd after the short battle, Rod absently pokes the fire with a stick
__________________
BRR just likes to punish us. He does it because we are weak. --The Alcotroll
  #112  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 03:25
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius nods and says, "I suspected as much," managing to avoid most of the spray of gore.

He glances over to the trio of women two consoling the one who had been down. She did not appear to be severely wounded and seemed to be in capable hands. If not he could always see what he could do, perhaps the old combat medic training he had received years ago might still serve him.

Momentarily the throbbing pain located in his side he bends down and picks up the crowned helmet and the map. A puzzled expression crosses his face as he tries to imagine from whom they had taken these things.

With his thumb he wipes a smear of blood off the front of the helmet and reveals a symbol. His eyes widen in surprise as he makes out a griffon grasping a rose in its talons. Unconsciously his other hand reachs up and traces a faint symbol of the same flower running across the guard of his sword.

He stares in thought at the meaning of finding such a thing before unrolling the map. He frowns as the map is not in perfect condition and he walks over to the purple panted man and the one in a gray cloak saying, "What do you make of this?"

As if suddenly realizing his breach of ettiquette the man snaps to attention his already good posture becoming perfect and says in a formal voice, "My apologies. My name is Cadrius, I trust you all are well after that battle."
  #113  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 03:26
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
With the dragon-thing gone, and the orcs dead, Elanor approaches less cautiously. There do indeed seem to be injured folk here, although it is hard to tell what has happened to whom, and which of those bleeding need help the most. She notices that the three women huddled together near the fire seem to be badly shaken, and she tries to offer some comfort. The blonde woman is crying softly, but as Elanor approaches, she shakes her head and looks over at the man in gray. Elanor can see that fresh blood soaks his clothing. She stands and moves toward him.

"Can I help you? I have some skill in healing..."

The tiny air snake hovers over her shoulder, near her ear.
  #114  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 03:37
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
OOC: AHHH, Did it again... Editing to account for other posts.

The brunette woman Shrieks in horror as Rod throws the Garbage on their sacred fire. She stares at him very crossly with growing anger. Her older sister steps in and quietly speaks to her... "The circle has already been tainted, it is no use to us now anyways."

The brunette woman attempts to shrug off her upset mood. The grey clad man walks forward to where the others are seated, grasping the map .... "May I take a quick look"

"Thank you for heeding my call. Let me introduce Ember, Jasmine, and Annastania.... for it is their aid you were truly coming to." As there names are called the three women give a respectful bow in order from eldest to youngest. When the man finishes Ember steps forward... "My sisters and I thank you for your help... we did not expect to be caught in the clash of Orc and beast as we were."

Whonan opens the map e with a motion, studying it by the fire light. An expression of discovery comes upon his face... and he holds it directly between him and the flames as hidden markings begin to appear and shine through the parchment. He rolls it up, and hands it to the man that spoke of the artifact. "I might think this could be of use to you."

The women meanwhile speak a few words to each other privatly and then begin picking various things up from the area and carefully storing them away in a bag, and case. The last thing they pick up seems to be pieces of a split gem pulsing with a strange glow. Anna holds the glowing crystal in her hands after her sister placed it there in amazement. Jasmine also hands a piece to her older sister and finally one to Whonan. "At least we finished this portion of the ritual." She smiles and they all go to sit with the others... The wounds of the Grey clad man now oddly closed, with only a bit of blood stains to hint where they were.

Whonan speaks to the kind lady offering him medical attention. "Thank you, I believe I am alright now though."
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #115  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 08:26
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
In all the commotion of the battle Crito's attention turned away from Cadogan for a mer moment only to turn and find the mage missing. Now with the Orcs stopped and the Wyvern gone and Cadogan still not in sight it becomes apparent something is not right.

To everyones amazement the Mage appears on the edge of the woods where the Wyvern had just retreated, its Cadogan alright and he looks less then healthy. His body is covered with blood and every step must be a pain no doubt. His shield arm has been mauled and he is bleeding fast in his hand is his little morning star, covered with blood also. He drifts blindly towards the group, stops short and falls face first into the dust. Giving a little cry of pain as he does so.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 16th of February, 2002 at 08:32.
  #116  
Unread 16th of February, 2002, 18:07
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
Cappucina stayed hidden for the rest of the fight. She has already retrieved her dagger. Flitting over to the body like a shadow and then finding a new place to hide. No one saw her and no one sees her now.

She is about to step out of her hidey spot when something catches her eye. She freezes, her eyes become little slits, everything 'happy go lucky' about her is no longer evident and now she looks more like a hungry alley cat stalking some feathered prey. She watches carefully, very carefully, as the big split green gem is passed out among the three women and the man in grey. Each sister tucks her piece away quickly, but Cap has noted where each piece ended up. One tucked deep inside a hidden pocket, one in a pouch now inside a shirt, and one gone away in a pouch around a neck.

She then gathers herself together and wiggles her way through the shrubs and bursts out from the foliage and into the clearing around the fire. She weaves her way through all of you around the fire asking, "Everyone OK? No one dying? I saw the whole thing from there," she squeaks and points to her first hiding place. She stops when she's gotten next to Cadrius and looks up and up and up at him and gives him a shy look of admiration. "I am impressed with everyone. I think that if we all wanted to find an artifact that we could. Do we have a map now? Let's form a group and think of a name. We'll be famous throughout the lands for slaying orcs and beasties and finding artifacts soon enough." She smiles at all of you happily. "We will need a leader and a treasurer. I nominate myself as treasurer!"

Just then Cadogen appears, stumbles up from his chase and collapses. "Eek! Cadogen! We've got to help him!" Cappucina shreeks and starts tugging the well armored fighter with her toward the fallen blind man.

Last edited by cappucina; 17th of February, 2002 at 04:14.
  #117  
Unread 17th of February, 2002, 01:53
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Elanor sees a figure stagger out of the woods. It's the blind mage! He appears to be badly injured, but makes his way towards the group, collapsing in the dust just as he reaches them.

Elanor kneels over him, quickly taking a small kit out of her pack. She opens it to reveal rolled up strips of soft cloth, numerous bottles and jars of ointments and salves, and small intstruments. As soon as her hands touch the mage, he feels something flow into him, something soothing and comforting. She works to stop his wounds from bleeding, then she cleans them and bandages them with the strips of cloth.

[OOC: convert DIVINE FAVOR to CURE LIGHT WOUNDS: heals 6 points.]
  #118  
Unread 17th of February, 2002, 03:24
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius frowns as he is tugged along by the halfling toward the heavily wounded man. He did not have anything on him that would help wounds like that. A ripped shirt makes a good bandage, but it means little when one is in such terrible shape. Fortunately a young woman gets there first and produces a very professional looking medical kit.

"Easy little one," he says, "I do believe she has everything under control." As he says this he notices that the bleeding almost immediately stopped after the bandages were placed on. He blinks once and then says, "An astounding job madam healer."

He bows formally and then goes to one knee next to the wounded man, "How are you sir? Did you have a run in with that beast as it fled?"

He still clenches the mostly blood-soaked helmet in his right hand as he talks to the man. It is only after the wounded one opens his eyes and does not look directly at him when spoken to that he suspects a form of vision impairment.
  #119  
Unread 17th of February, 2002, 10:52
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Cough "All I..." Cough "..Remember was being picked up by sharp blades.." Cough Cough "...And incredable pain, somehow I managed to get my morning star and hit whatever it was. Apparently it doesn't like food that fights back." The mage attempts to make a joke, but the sarcasm doesn't seem to go well with the people around him.
  #120  
Unread 17th of February, 2002, 18:40
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
As Elanor ministers to Cadogen's wounds, Cap moves up close and watches. While Elanor kneels and rearranges the bandages, Cappucina gently picks all the leaves and twigs out of the nice lady's hair. "Did you do that with magic?" she asks.
  #121  
Unread 18th of February, 2002, 14:13
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
"I guess it's magic. I really don't know how I do it," Elanor confesses to Cappucina. "Something just flows out of me like that when people are hurt.

"Is everyone here OK now?" she asks, looking around at all those assembled.
  #122  
Unread 19th of February, 2002, 03:08
WhoNAN's Avatar
WhoNAN
Dracolich

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #7
Location: Florida - USA
Posts: 321 (0.06 per day)
The three women sit crosslegged around the fire, as the odd man gives them each a bit of food and water from his satchel. The eldest two looking over the others, only recognizing the woman tending to the injured man. The youngest is still enthralled by the gem in her hands.

"So what do you make of it?" Whonan asks the Purple clad man, reffering to the map.

"Seems those orcs plundered a Party with the same intentions as yours, aye."
__________________
Winner of the 2002 Coolest avatar of the year award?
  #123  
Unread 19th of February, 2002, 05:14
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
"Hmmm.... the markings on it don't make any sense to me this way.
Maybe........"

Stepping up to the fire , Megamieuwsel holds the scroll in front of him close enough to be heated , yet not so close as to scorch it.
The heat works its own magic on the piece of vellum and new lines appear on the scroll , completing an elaborate depiction of a vaguely dragon-shaped volcano(which can be deducted from the column of smoke arising from it) next to a huge waterfall , which on its turn plummets into a valley that lies in the shadow of the volcano.
Even though the depiction is in back-and-white only , the artist managed to make it look like one particular spot in the overcast valley appears to shine like silver in moonlight.

"There we have it , gentlemen.
AND ladies , ofcourse...
Another clue to further my quest for Gargeltjes Goggles , cleverly hidden with the old-fashioned trick of writing in acid.
Now , where is this tableau located?
And ," turning around to scan the area , " Where's that darn mule of mine?
PATOKKEL!!! Where in the name of lady Bureaucratia are you , you darned donkey!"

A short silence elapses , only to be broken after a couple of seconds by a distant :Hi-Haa and some unsure hoofbeatings growing louder...
__________________
<Crappy Sig...>
  #124  
Unread 19th of February, 2002, 12:26
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
The tall man raises his eyebrow creating a series of ridges on his forehead. He then shrugs and says, "If that is true then you have an incredible gift madam."

"Is everyone here OK now?"
Once hearing this Cadrius quickly covers up his wound by dropping his right arm down to his side. He continues to clean off the crowned helmet with his right hand and a spare piece of cloth.

He looks over and observes the purple panted man go off about the map found and the acid etching. Once he starts yelling for what could only be the mule he had been with earlier Cadrius sighs and resumes cleaning the helmet by the fire.

Last edited by Cadrius; 19th of February, 2002 at 12:33.
  #125  
Unread 20th of February, 2002, 16:22
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
Cappucina sees that there are more people hurt, the tall man for one, but that not all of them want to be healed. She doesn't understand the motivation for this at all. But, she keeps quiet on the matter.

Cappucina takes the chance now that everyone is recovering around the ladies' fire to introduces herself to anyone she missed before - while she was spying on the magic shop or pretending to be the dwarf. She introduces herself to Cadrius, "I'm Cappucina. You are very handsome. Maybe you wouldn't be so sad if you found the right ladyfriend. The next spell I was going to learn was for seeing invisible people, but I don't have to learn that next. I could maybe learn a spell that shrinks or grows people." She seems to think it important that you consider all possibilities. When Cadrius doesn't seem too interested, Cap makes a mental note to go to a beauty shop tomorrow and get a more attractive hairdo. It must be the topknot.

She introduces herself to the other halfling. "I'm Cappucina and Yondalla must be proud of you for how you used your healing today!" She tells him in an aside, "You and I will really be a help to these big folks I think."

Cap looks around, everyone else has met her and she's met them. Except for the sisters. Cappucina thinks that the women are a little strange, so she approaches them cautiously. "Excuse me. Excuse me ladies. Hello! I heard you are sisters. Real life sisters or some witchy type sisters? I bet your mom was happy that you all had diffferent hair color so she could always tell who was who, because otherwise you look quite alike. What were you doing out here with the fire. Why was it sacred? Is this guy your brother (she asks pointing to the grey man)? Is he nice or not?, Cap really needs the answer to this question so she knows whether or not she may steal away his quarter of the emerald. She doesn't steal from nice people, so Elanor and her shop are safe. S'okay, she's got a feeling Elanor might help her learn a spell or two and she has found lots of better things to pocket. Lots of shiny green sparkly things.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren