Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Unread 9th of February, 2002, 06:02
Crito
Zombie

Member: #8
"Tinker, t'at's me." Crito says with a smile. "Elanor, vhat a lovely name." He starts to reach for her outstretched hand but then stops and stares, blinking, at the tiny green snake staring back at him from Elanor's finger.

Crito stands there with his hand still halfway in the air as Elanor explains and Cappucina drops down to start asking questions and pay Crito for the trinket. He gives Cappucina a little bow of thanks.

He's startled when the little flying snake darts away from Elanor and begins flitting about him, heading straight for the ring of magical protection around his hand.

Ah! It senses the magic. How useful.

Elanor snatches her little pet back out of the air and starts heading back to her shop. The blind man comes hurrying over towards them, calling out about buying spell components. He runs straight into Crito's cart.

Crito can't help but let out a laugh, though he quickly stifles it. The man could have hurt himself. He runs up to Cadogan and helps him up. "Here, sir, let's all go to t'e shop toget'er." Crito offers his shoulder to Cadogan for him to grip as they make their way to the shop behind Elanor.

"Elanor, after ve see your shop, do you t'ink you could help me see about gettin' t'at vendor license the guard told me about?"
Unread 9th of February, 2002, 08:45
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #15
As she hurries back toward the shop, Elanor hears a commotion of clanging metal behind her. She turns back to see that someone has blundered into the tinker's cart and sprawled, face first, onto the street. With her hands full of a whirring, squirming air snake, she can't really make a move to help the poor man up, but the tinker does, and the man is soon back on his feet. They both follow her across the street and down a few shops.

She gets there first and quickly speaks the command word that disables the security measures. The illusion of the abandoned barber shop with its dusty, boarded up windows fades away, and is replaced by a neat little shopfront. Merchandise displayed on shelves can be seen through the sparkling clean windows, and a sign hangs outward over the door which reads: CALEDON'S MAGICK SHOPPE. There is also a small, hand-lettered sign stuck up in the lower left-hand side of one of the windows which reads:
Code:
          Shoplifters will be prosecuted
          to the fullest extent of my
          magical abilities!
                                       - Caledon
"Come in, come in!" Elanor tells her visitors. "Caledon is not in at the moment... He'd be the one to help you with that vendor's license, Mr.- what was your name again? I'm not sure I caught it before. Anyway, he made all the arrangements when we first set up the shop, although I think he went to the town hall. It's down the street and around the corner. You should be able to find it easily enough.

"I have a couple of things to attend to in the back. But you can look around all you want." She peers at the man with the seeing stick, and raises an eyebrow. "Er, do be careful. There are a lot of delicate, expensive items on some of these shelves. Caledon is selling off some of his collection. The items in glass cases need a key to get at. But just let me know and I can show you anything. Excuse me please...." She smiles and ducks behind the counter into a back room, the little green air snake still cupped in her hands.

Last edited by Kelemyn; 10th of February, 2002 at 12:08.
Unread 9th of February, 2002, 17:53
cappucina
Skeleton

Member: #37
Cappucina watches as Elanor walks up the street toward her magic shop. It's a good thing Crito follows her. She doesn't want him to see what she is about to do. She hides under his cart and chants and waves her arms about for a few seconds. Then she cups her hand over her mouth and starts to whisper instructions to the air. She whispers, "Follow that lady there. Note, anything she touches or says as she goes through the magic shop. I want to know everything she does. Like last time, remember, when you watched for the combination to the Duke's safe? Just like that only magic words and stuff. Come back and write down what you saw."

The unseen servant rolls its eyes at Cappucina. It thinks to itself, "What a terrible little thing you are. Always summoning me up to help in your scheming stealing ways. Never summoning me up for anything pleasant - like a good kitchen scrubbing. I have feelings, I have hopes, I have dreams! But, no, it's always about you and what you want. Such a selfish nasty halfing." The unseen and unheard servant shuffles off bitterly after Elanor and does as it is commanded.
Unread 9th of February, 2002, 20:40
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

Member: #6
Still playing with his "Fiery Balloon" , Megamieuwsel notices the blind mage's collission with the cart a little late to be of any help.
He does ,however , hear the female voice under it giving instruction to someone.

A quick jump brings him on the ground and with an even faster move , the halfling is caught by her top-knot.

"I don't think , that lady would take kindly to any attempts of pilferation , let alone her employer."

Letting his grasp on the halfling's hair go , he continues:
"But I forget my manners , as if I , like you , wouldn't have any at all. Let me introduce myself; Megamieuwsel is the name. Master of the Arcane Arts and Undoer of Evil. I don't think I caught your name , nor the one of that invisible creature , you just sent off...."

Towering above the girl , his cloak billows , as if a storm is emanating from under it....
(Prestidigitation)
Unread 10th of February, 2002, 06:13
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Almost as soon as Elanor had re-entered the shop, Treasure had gone into a frenzy of flapping and wriggling. It was all she could do to keep a hold of him until she got to her room in the back. When she releases him, he flies around the room madly a few times, finally coming back to hover by the door, his attention firmly fixed on the brass knob. He is clearly interested in something out there in the shop.

"Well I have customers now," Elanor says in exasperation. "I don't have time to figure out what's going on with you." She picks up a small bottle and eye dropper from the chest of drawers in the corner of the room. This is the honey concoction she had made earlier. "Are you hungry again? Come here, little guy.... My goodness, you learned to fly so quickly!"

She feeds him a drop of the honey mixture and then takes a liitle box from the top drawer of the chest and closes him up in it. "Sorry about this. I'll let you out in a bit." She puts the box in her pocket, and then goes back to the shop.

She walks quickly over to the counter and opens the little black book again.

Hmmmm, no message from Caledon. Either he's waiting to hear more from me, or he hasn't checked his Journal yet today and didn't get the message about the orcs.

She begins to write on a blank page:

Caledon - Orcs driven off. Nothing to worry about.

Then, as before, she tears out the page, crumples it up, and tosses it towards the waste basket where it promptly disappears.

She looks up with a smile and speaks to the two men in the shop. "So, is there anything in particular I can help you with?"

Last edited by Kelemyn; 10th of February, 2002 at 12:05.
Unread 10th of February, 2002, 06:45
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

Member: #4
"Ah, Yes Yes! Indeed I do." Cadogan says, unfortunately to the near by Statue. He reaches into his component pouch and feels around for a bit "I need some Bat Fur, and either a Piece of Coal or a Drop of Pitch. Wouldn't happen to have them?" The Mage continues to speak and smile at the statue.
Unread 10th of February, 2002, 12:03
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

"Over here sir!" Elanor calls out to the odd man talking to the statue of Ydrig and the Snake in the corner. "We have bits of coal suitable for use as spell components - a small bag for only 5 coppers. And we have fur from three types of bats: your typical Fruit Bat, which is fine for most uses; Three-toed Cavern Bat, which works especially well in Potions of Flying; and Giant Arctic Bat, which is very rare and difficult to come by. The Fruit Bat Fur only costs a few coppers."
Unread 10th of February, 2002, 17:38
cappucina
Skeleton

"My name is Cappucina. My invisible friend is Unseen Servant. I have standards you know. I would never steal from a nice person. But, I just like to know things. I just might go in there some night when the shop is closed and study and memorize stuff that might come in handy someday. And find out how to get one of those little flying snakes that goes all colors around magic. I've snuck into places lots of times and not taken anything. It's how I met Unseen Servant - he was cleaning up while I was in my last magic shop and I rescued him from his dismal nightly job. Now, he just gets to do fun stuff with me!" Cappucina explains.

"I like your stormy purple robes! And, I can't believe you spotted and grabbed me like that while I was hidden! You move fast." Cappucina darts into the swirling cape and plays around with it.

It starts to rain.

"Let's go inside. Come on!" she shrieks as she darts inside the Dragon's Hangover.

Another customer exits the Dragon's Hangover shortly after Cap runs in. It is a dwarf with a long beard saying goodnight and heading home now that the Tuskers have been dealt with.

Last edited by cappucina; 10th of February, 2002 at 17:46.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 13:30
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #28
Second Talon looks about the street, hands on his hips.

"Well, that was fun.. kinda wish I'd gotten to bop someone with this.. oh well."

He hangs his club back on his belt, and watches a lady with a snake on her finger enter a shop, followed by a few others.

Shrugging, he walks back into the tavern, sits down, and then loudly remarks to no one in particular "Anyone remember why I came to this city in the first place?"
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 14:40
WhoNAN
Dracolich

Member: #7
Night begins to fall outside the tavern, and from the staircase at the side of the lower level comes a very young blond woman, human, about the age of 17 wearing a fire red cloak... she walks quietly down the stairs and without a second thought walks out the front door.

About a minute later another woman maybe a year older with long light brown hair, wearing a forest green cloak does exactly the same, appearing very similiar in facial features to the first... and walks directly out the front door.

With another minutes passing another woman with a similiar visage and two more years on the last walks down the stairs, this time in a beautiful midnight Blue cloak... and her hair set a blaze with the Red of embers woven in a splended braid reaching the top of her head. She reaches the bottum of the stairs and pauses to look behind her to watch a man walk down behind her.

He is young, about four years older than the red headed woman. With hair of dark brown, tied back behind his head in a pony tail that hangs just below his shoulders. He wears a storm grey suade vest, tied together down the front, a black rope-knoted belt ties around a set of matching loose trousers. Covered at the bottum with black straps of leather tied boots that approach mid-shin. And a satchel fits diagonly over his abdomin with a single strag. His well toned arms are absent of any clothes minus matching wraps to that of his legs on his forearms, and two intricate tattoos, one on either shoulder. Although most intrigueingly it is in his face that a certain fire burns... his eyes a silvery grey, much like clouds before a storm, ignite his gaze down to the woman below.

He approaches her, takes her hand, and proceeds to kiss her gently on one cheek, whispering something in her ear... with which she turns smiles back and walks out the door, pulling her hood over her face before exiting.

The man walks to the bartended and is shortly served a large glass of clear liquid... a short discussion insues and he points briefly to the band of interesting characters that remain in the corner of the bar. He sits still, drinking the beverage in large gulps, further discussing things with the now apparently jovial bartender.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 15:57
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
The sun's last rays kiss the landscape turning the mountainous terrain into a reddish-gold landscape. The shadows lengthen until they become gaunt representations, dancing and mocking the living things to which they are attached. It is at this time that a tall, muscular man approached the gates of Brinnar.

"What is your business here sir?" inquires the guard with the suspicion alloted to a stranger approaching a mountain town at dusk. Especially a border town that has been having problems with orcs.

"My name is Cadrius and I seek lodging," the tall man says with a formal tone in his barritone voice, "I would not wish to spend another evening in this cold."

The guard slowly looks the man up and down noting the bands of metal covering his torso, upper thighs, and sword arm. Leather and chain protect the rest. A large round metal shield is slung over his back with an apparent familiarity. Last, but certainly not least he takes in the hand and a half sword worn at the man's belt.

His gaze sweeping back upward, locking with the newcomer's glacier blue eyes the guard inquires in a low voice, "We won't have any trouble from you, will we?"

The man shifts his hand away from his his belt and the deep blue cloak parts a bit to reveal the pommel of his blade. On it is a simple symbol, a lightning bolt ensnared with a clenched fist.

Noting this the guard nods and signals for the gate to be opened for this one.

"Welcome to Brinnar, Cadrius," he mutters as the tall man strides into the town as the day continues to die.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 17:29
TheDruid20
Crimson Death

Member: #2
Wandering in shortly (no pun in teneded) after the man with the grey eyes, is a short well armored young man. His shield painted bright green with the symbol of an overflowing cornocopia, is almost as bright as his blond hair. His rosey face is obviously well fed, but not fat. He is obviously carrying more then his small frame was ment for, however he does so with glee and little difficulty. He walks up to the bartender and request a place he can sit. Setting himself up at a rather large table for one, he spends about ten minutes in deep prayer, then he opens his hand as a small feast appears before him. The feast is enough for one, but conatins many rare and exotic foods. "Thank you Protector and Provider" he says. (I took liberties witht he create food and water spell... I choose one good meal as opposed to 12 bad ones think its fair)

He eagerly digs in. Occasionally stopping to talk with a waitress or bus boy. Or anyone else who approaches him.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 18:20
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

Having moved into the Inn after Cappucina , our friendly neighbourhood-spell-slingin'-purple-clad-Megamieuwsel starts to say; "So maybe now i'll be able to catch some supper. I'm sta....."
Then he notices the three woman descending the stairs and leaving the Inn.

"Uhmm... Ladies! Wait a minute please! Can I have a few words with You?"
And out in the night he goes....
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 20:18
TheDruid20
Crimson Death

Watching the man in purple behave like a horny half orc, Thed Rui'd the 20th comments rather loudly, "And I bet if he gets them pregnant he wont even marry them. Thank Yondolla's children there are enough good people to clean up after his mistakes."

Returnign to his meal Thed turns to his large array of deserts and then has one then two then three of them. Looking at his finished plate, he calls a serving wench over hands her a copper and has her clear his plate. Then he lights up a night long pipe, and wathces the antics of the patrons.

Last edited by TheDruid20; 11th of February, 2002 at 20:20.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 21:10
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

The door opens and Megamieuwsel is seen wandering in again , a puzzled look on his face.
Upon reaching the counter , a gold is slammed down...

"A hearty meal and a wine please..."
As the barkeep returns the change , one could hear him mumble ; "Dang! they just vanished in thin air!
And all I wanted , was asking them the adress of their couturier.... That was some real craftsmanship they wore. Maybe that guy over there knows , he seems to know them."

Just as he turns toward the silver-eyed man , a waft of pipesmoke reaches his nostrils...

"MY GOODNESS , MAN! What the hell are you smokin' ? Dried Bugbear-hair , or what?"

Waving with his hands , in an attempt to get rid of the noxious fumes , the halfling's pipe brings forth, he grabs his wine from the counter and moves over to "mr Silver-eye".

Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 11th of February, 2002 at 21:13.
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 21:46
TheDruid20
Crimson Death

"Well I do say, so few manage to guess the secret ingrediant. Would you preffer I switched to the pounder giant testical blend? Or maybe the elf placenta version? Honestly now its a shame when a mature obviously well mannerd man like yoru self cannot enjoy a fine pipe. Coem sit, I can give youa few tips with those ladies you tried to woe. Maybe next time you will get it right."
Unread 11th of February, 2002, 23:30
cappucina
Skeleton

The lone little dwarf departs the Dragon's Hangover unnoticed what with all the distraction of three lovely ladies to gaze at - no one bothers to pay any attention to the one that is really hoping nobody pays any attention. Getaway clean! The dwarf's gait makes a noticable change from one of caution to one of carefree joy. She rolls along on her stubby bowlegged limbs and strokes her long beautiful black beard absentmindedly.

The little dwarf passes the tin tinker's cart and gives the horse a good tickle under it's chin and continues on, up toward the magic shop mentioned a few moments ago. The dwarf sings to itself merrily although quite a bit childishly, "I'm a dwarf. Fa la la. A dwarf me be. Hee hee hee."

After one block and around the corner the dwarf starts to look puzzled. She thought that magic shop was right here along the shop fronts beyond the Dragon's Hangover. She starts to pull at her beard with some aggravation. If the magic shop is actually further away than she figured, then drat it all, Unseen Servant is out of range. Curse that meddling Mega and his purple robes too! She shakes her fist at the darkening sky at the thought that her perfect plan had not gone so perfect at all. She searches farther up the street until she's found the shop. It is definately too far away for the servant. She backtracks until she is back in range of the spell and calls her servant to her.

After a moment, the air all about the dwarf looks and smells a little different. The air shifts slightly and then it smells slightly soapy. That means Unseen Servant is back! She gets all excited again and says, "Do you like my disguise? Isn't the beard a good touch? Come on! Let's go to the shop. It may be we can still figure something out!"

The dwarf races to the shop with Unseen Servant in tow. She jumps up the steps and rattles the doorknob. Locked. She cups her hands around her eyes, presses her face against the window, and peers in. Dark and closed.

The dwarf is dissappointed. She rarely breaks and enters the first night in a new place. Looks like she will have to find something else to keep her occupied and entertained. She will have to wait until tomorrow to learn all about the magic secrets. Cappy heads back to the Dragon's Hangover with her head full of so many different plans to choose from for getting into that magic shop tomorrow or tomorrow night. One of those plans is just being a plain old customer - but that plan is immediately disgarded as too boring.

The little lady dwarf with the long luxurious black beard reappears in the doorway of the Dragon's Hangover. She takes a seat at a table in the corner and observes the clientele. She grumbles to the green haired man at the next table, "I was in here earlier. I recall you came in because you owed a halfing named something or other 'cheena' some gold - 10 pieces - and you were to meet her here in one hour to pay up." Her voice sounds strained and strange and has a squeak in it now and then like she is getting over a bad case of laringitis.

Last edited by cappucina; 12th of February, 2002 at 05:37.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 01:16
WhoNAN
Dracolich

The young man in grey turn to face the enthusiatic patron to his left... bringing his eyes to land on the man, but now instead of the Silvery grey they appear as purple as the mans clothes.

"No doubt they sewed the garments themselves."

He pauses for a moment.
"But they won't be interupted tonight."

Motioning towards the little halfling in the corner... "And be it known that anyone who would attempt such a thing would solely answer to me."

His eyes glance back at the bartender, as he finishes his second glass of whatever he is drinking... and the stout man hurries to fill it again, as he listens to the conversation intently.

"What has brought you through here? Not much to be seeking in these parts?" He diverts the attention of the conversation back upon the Purple clad man.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 01:45
cappucina
Skeleton

Cappucina liked being the Dwarf but her time for the changing spell was running out. Nobody messes with ale drinking dwarves siting in the corner of the tavern. From this disguise and this vantage point she could just watch and watch all the fabulous characters in the Dragon's Hangover. And boy, there are some real nutcases in here. She has a feeling that she will have a whole lot of fun if she sticks around for the rest of the evening, and of course, she's got a good idea of who to avoid and perhaps might even get 10 gold in an hour if that green haired guy's memory hold out. It doesn't seem likely though.

The bearded lady Dwarf silently bows her exit to those paying any attention and exits the Dragon's Heart.

Cappucina makes a reappearance about 10 minutes later reentering the bar.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 02:22
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

"They sewed 'em themselves? So beauty and skill do combine after all. You think they'd be interested in making me a new set of garments? "

Looking into his pouch and esteeming the pityfull amount of cash in there , he continues with a somewhat less cheerfull face ;

"When my financial situation has improved , that is. I dont think , they're overly phylantropic....
But to the point of my presence in this little hamlet: I fancy this only another stop along the road on my way across this ridge.
You know , a few months ago , back in Ishtavar , I stumbled across some old tomes relating to an artifact called Gargeltje's Goggles. From what I managed to understand , this artifact is capable of negating any bad inflictions. Either inborn , inflicted by man , or even GODS.
The directions to it's whereabouts though ,were vague at best and what I got from it didn't appear to be a walk in the park.
All I got was : Beyond the realms of men , in the deepest dark of the granite dragon's shadow , a place , forsaken by men and forbidden by the almighty lies in eternal darkness. There it be the shrine of Gargeltje slumbers....
Then the text became rather blurred ,exept for the phrase : ...the MURP.... I have no Idea , what a MURP is , though.
I tried to gather some able men around me , but somehow no-one seemed eager to venture there....."

Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 12th of February, 2002 at 02:26.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 02:52
cappucina
Skeleton

"Excuse me! Excuse me Sir! Sir Mega! What's a granite dragon? Who was Gargeltje? What are bad inflictions? Do I have one? Do you think his little goggles will fit me best?" Cappucina is all over the purple robes in a rush of tugging and pulling for attention.

"Beyond the realms of men? Why that's no problem for me! I'll go. I might go." Cappucina sings out in her high squeaky voice.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 03:20
WhoNAN
Dracolich

The man listens intently to the odd character about the Tomes... upon the arrival of the Halfling, he offers his hand to bring her up to the stool between the two men.

"Usually a persons afliction is one that is set upon by their own mind... and it is a matter of perception really.... but indeed it sounds interesting."

He downs another half of a glass of the clear liquid.

"Have you come to any conclusions of this riddle?"

He continues to discuss the matters with the man and the Hlafling woman... ingoring completely the question about the tailoring of garments.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 03:33
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

Member: #12
It is after darkness when the door to the tavern opens and a tall, armor-clad man strides in. He closes the door quickly shutting the night's chill and avoids the inquisitive glances from some of the other patrons.

Quickly finding a table in a dark corner the man unfastens the clasp of his deep blue cloak and draps it over the back of his chair while resting his sword and shield in a chair next to him. Cursing himself for arriving so late in the evening the man quietly orders an ale and a small bowl of stew.

The ale is cold and the stew isn't much warmer than the temperature of the room but it quiets the rumbling of his stomach and it did not cost very much. With an increasingly shrinking purse Cadrius could not afford to live as well as he used to. However he does not allow thoughts of the past to invade his consciousness, not now.

A border town was frequently a good place for a man to lose himself, or hide from his former life. Cadrius had a strong arm and needed coin so he figured that he could be of use here especially after overhearing the problems with "tuskers." This manner of beast sounded suspiciously like an orc. Those were breed of creatures that he had dealt with all too many times in the past. He smiles grimly, perhaps he would be able to lose himself here. Die fighting an unknown and uncared for cause, not for any deity or king, just to taste death's sweet embrace.
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 06:22
TheDruid20
Crimson Death

Originally posted by Megamieuwsel
Beyond the realms of men , in the deepest dark of the granite dragon's shadow , a place , forsaken by men and forbidden by the almighty lies in eternal darkness. There it be the shrine of Gargeltje slumbers....
None to casually evesdropping, "You humans, there are many lands you have forsaken that other races still live safly. Might I suggest trying one of those before your bound off into hell on a clue. YOu knwo I think I have heard of this Gargeltje. Yes .... yes... he was my great grandmothers second broth. odd fellow always getting into other worldly things and had horrible eyesight. He would walk into a wall without his glasses on. But that surely couldn't be the same person."
Unread 12th of February, 2002, 13:21
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #28
The green haired man rubs his green beard thoughtfully.

"Beyond the realms of men in the deepest dark of the granite dragon's shadow. A place, forsaken by men and forbidden by the almighty lies in eternal darkness. There it be the shrine of Gargeltje slumbers..."

"Hmm...deepest dark of the granite dragon's shadow.... There any mountain ranges around here? Ones that look like.. oh.. a dragon, perhaps?... or maybe..."

He grows silent for a moment, then speaks again

"I have heard legends say that the King of Dreams has a castle guarded by three beasts.. one of which is a dragon. Supposedly, they sit outside the door, like statues... 'Beyond the realms of men'.. The Dreamworld, perhaps...? It is said that the King of Dreams is more powerful than the Gods.. perhaps.... perhaps not.. If he is stronger, than this would be a land forbidden to the 'almightly'. Perhaps there is where this shrine lays? In the spaces men travel while they slumber..."

Glancing about, noticing everyone's odd stares at the strange man, he looks about innocently.

"...What?"
Closed Thread