Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 4th of February, 2002, 22:24
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Introducing... Caledon's Magick Shoppe

Elanor looked around the shop. Where was that strange sound coming from?

"Ssssh-wheep! Ssssh-wheep!"

It was soft and muffled, a sort of hissing chirp, almost sounding like a cricket or tree frog but not quite. It came from over there.... no wait.... over there: the tall hutch with the glass doors, the one that had all the feathers and nests and eggs in it.

Eggs. My goodness, had something hatched?

Elanor stepped out from behind the counter and made her winding way over to the hutch. It took her a couple of minutes to find the right key to unlock the glass door; of course she remembered to disable the alarm.

Sure enough, the sound was closer now and less muffled, but still soft. She swept her eyes over the collection of nests on the shelves; only a few of them actually had eggs in them. There was nothing going on in the merkling nest - whew! that was a relief! Those eggs were supposed to be dormant anyway. And the desert turtle eggs were still intact also.

Then she remembered the darter eggs in the little gold basket. Yes, the sound seemed to be coming from inside there. She carefully lifted the lid.

Inside were three miniscule eggs, each a different color: green, rose pink, and cream white. It was the green one that had hatched.

"Ssssh-wheep! Ssssh-wheep!"

The hatchling hissed? chirped? more insistently now. It was a tiny writhing mass of green scales and feathers trying to break free of its shell. Gently, Elanor lifted the creature with a finger and delicately pried away the pieces of shell. Then she deposited the little darter into her palm.

The glistening snake body sqirmed and wriggled, while it tried to unfurl its downy wings. In a couple of minutes, the wings were dry and the little air snake folded them back against its back and proceeded to coil itself around one of Elanor's fingers. It was about 6 inches long, with emerald green wings and back, and a pearly white belly. It looked at her, still chirping piteously. It was hungry.

"My goodness. What am I going to feed you? I wish Caledon were here...."

She quickly replaced the bits of broken shell in the basket, closed up the hutch, and reactivated the alarm. Then she ran to the back room, cradling her little treasure close to her breast. Where was that book on magical beasts Caledon had been trying to get her to read? She had to figure out what this thing ate, and quickly!
  #27  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 03:51
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Crito looks at the halfling with a raised eyebrow as she appears holding one of his decorative trinkets.

"Of course, it's for sale. But I'm not supposed to..."

Before he can finish, Cappucina has already moved off to confront a another newcomer to the Inn, babbling about the color of his hair. Crito moves over next to her. He throws a quick glance at the newcomer. "Yes, nice hair." He taps Cappucina on the shoulder and holds out his hand. "T'at'll be 5 silver."

One of the city guards stumbles through the door, badly wounded. Crito frowns, forgetting about the trinket for the moment. "Somebody should help t'at man." He hurries over and helps the man to one of the chairs. "Vhere are t'e healers around here?"
  #28  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 05:06
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #28
Posts: 15 (0.00 per day)
Looking down at the halfling, the green haired man starts to answer, but is interrupted by the wounded guard's entrance.

"Well, little one.. You see, I have it because... Oh dear, a wounded guard!"

Immediatly pulling his backpack out from under his cloak, tangling his arms for a moment, he digs around inside until he finds what he is looking for. Carrying what is obviously a healer's bag, he rushes to the guard, now sitting in a chair, thanks to the help of another man.

"Hold still there, fella.. I should be able to fix you right up. Now, lemme take a look in here..."

Peering into the wound, he then looks up and meets the pain-filled gaze of the wounded man. "Boy, I don't envy you at all.. This is going to hurt. A lot."

Looking over at the man who helped him to the chair, he says "You there.. Hold this man down, willya?"

And without waiting a moment longer, he pushes his fingers into the wound, digging out the few bits of metal that have somehow gotten into the wound, ignoring the guard's screams and his frantic attempts to get away from the crazed Druid.

Reaching into his healing bag, the green haired man pulls out a bunch of leaves, then stares at them in amazement.

"Oh wow.. I have Shimba root leaves... I though I was out.. These little things work Wonders on pain. Amazing. Now where's that needle and thread..?"

He sets the leaves on the guard's lap. Through eyes nearly shut with pain, the guard manages to notice this action. Grabbing them, he stuffs the lot in his mouth and chews. Almost immediatly, his jaws slacken, his eyes grow dull, and he stops thrashing about.

"Ahh.. needle and thread.. here we go... wait, where'd those leaves go?" A quick glance up at the guard's face answers Second's question before he finishes it.

"Wow.. I've NEVER seen anyone take so much at once... a leaf or two usually does it... boy, he's going to be useless for a week or more.."

Shrugging, the druid begins sewing the wound shut. "So, who or what are these Tuskers, and anyone else wanna go and see what's going on with the guards?"
  #29  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 05:29
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
Megamieuwsel , weary and hungry from a hard days travel , is rather dissapointed to find the kitchen closed , because some stupid orcs decided to celebrate his arrival with an assault on this town.

"That means No supper , I suppose?" , he adresses "Laddy" , only to find the big guy has disappeared in thin air. Probably off to defend the town.
Or loot some shops , whatever...

Not immediately knowing what to do , he just stands there and watches the somewhat chaotic banter and actions of several weird personages around him.Most of all a blind guy , that somehow managed to get himself a protective Aura. Another arcanist?

Ok , I can just take a chair here and wait till things either calmed down , or I can ...

His thoughts are cut off , as a townsman staggers by , trying to keep his intestines in.

"Somebody should help t'at man." and "Vhere are t'e healers around here?" come from the pedlar with that ridiculous accent.

Stepping up to them ;"Eww! that doesn't look too good! Unfortunately , healing is not my prime quality. One of the very few , I might add , by-the-way.
Where'd that so-called [i]Son of Pelor[\i] gone? Those church-chaps tend to be good at stuff like that...."

Megamieuwsel intended to say more , but a loud *CRRRAA_AASHHH!!!* from the direction of the Gate ,through which he entered town , interupted him with the rather prosaic "newsflash" , that the "Tusks" are now within the walls , and the time for smalltalk was over.

Whipping up a pair of finely cured leather gloves , purple ofcourse , and donning those while speaking out some archaic syllables , a blue hue surrounds him for a moment and then dissipates without any visible sign.

"If anyone can help this man , than do so , but do it quickly. The orcs will be here any moment!
Patokkel! Here , boy!"

Another *crash* is heard from the stables and the observant bystander might notice a wooden stable-door transport itself through the air for several yards. Would he inspect it closer , two hoofprints can be made out rather clearly at the point where all the cracks in the door originate from.
__________________
<Crappy Sig...>
  #30  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 06:20
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Tuskers... what a nuisance

Elanor is looking through a thick book with the words "Pestermin's Guide to Magical Beasts" stamped on the cover in gold letters, when cries are heard outside in the street. She frowns, marks her place in the book, and heads for the door to take a look outside. Treasure - as she decided to name the baby air snake - is still squirming around in her hand, and still hungrily chirp-hissing for all he is worth.

Looking out the window, she sees several of the town guard running in the direction of the gates. She opens the door and hears people yelling "Tuskers! Tuskers!" and knows the town is in trouble. Her first priority has to be to protect the shop of course.

Caledon has all kinds of magical traps and alarms on the premises, mostly designed to protect the place from being burgled. But the very nature of this rough-and-ready town demanded that he also put in place some measures to protect the property from invasion.

Elanor speaks a word, "ILUZHN", and the store front seems to change: the windows appear to be boarded up, grimy, and lined with cobwebs; a post with chipped and faded red and white stripes on it hangs beside the door; the sign outside is transformed. Caledon's Magick Shoppe now appears to be Caledon's Abandoned Barber Shop.

She returns to the back of the shop to get her short sword and leather jerkin, hoping that she won't have to use them. Then she pulls a small, black cloth-bound book out of a drawer in the counter and opens it. Picking up an inkpen, she quickly scrawls a note:

Caledon - Orcs attacking the town. No sign of them yet. Will keep you informed.

Then she tears out the page, crumples it in a ball, and tosses it in the direction of a basket clearly intended for wastepaper. Before the balled up page hits the can however, it vanishes.

"Ssssh-wheep! Ssssh-wheep!" goes the little hatchling.

"I know, I know! Hold on a minute. I'm working on it....."

She turns back to the book on magical beasts, keeping a wary eye on the front door.
  #31  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 06:37
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Cadogan listens intently as all the commotion goes on around him. He listens to the man in purple for the first time and nods grimly before standing.

"Im no healer, But I -can- throw a spell or three.. Provided I have a spotter that is." He lets the sentence linger as an open invitation for someone to aim for the Mage. "Just.. don't stand infront of me.." Cadogan raises to his feet.
  #32  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 08:04
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Well, it turns out that, according to the book, the little guy's main source of nourishment is nectar. The section on air snakes - also known as darters, in certain parts of the world - shows a drawing that reminds Elanor of those little birds she saw once in the Garden of the Priestess back in Avalon. They flitted about from flower to flower, hovering over the blossoms and sucking up nectar with their needle-like beaks. Evidently, adult air snakes fed in a manner similar to that.

But Treasure was just a baby, and he didn't have a mother to bring him the food that he needed. There was just Elanor here to tend to his needs.

"Poor baby! Let's see what I can find for you........ No nectar, I'm afraid, but I think Caledon has some honey around here somewhere. I'll bet you'll like that."

**********************************************

She had experimented with honey mixed with various amounts of water, and finally found a formula that seemed to appeal to the little air snake. His little green tongue flicked out repeatedly to lap at her finger dipped in the honey mixture. After a few minutes of continuous feeding, the tiny creature seemed to heave a contented sigh and, coiling around Elanor's finger again, fell into a deep sleep.

Now she would go see what was happening in the street again.
  #33  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 08:20
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Gralhruk tests the edge of his axe on a hair plucked from his beard and utters a short bark of laughter.

"Well done Crito! I think this'll do just fine."

He moves back to the bar where a wounded guard bursts through the door and a man identified as Second Talon -

What kinda name is that?

- begins healing him. As that is going on a stranger in purple shouts that the orcs will be here any moment. The dwarf sighs and drains the last of his mug. He looks around the near empty bar and spots Crito. He heads over to the tinker and digs into his pouch, handing six coppers over to the man.

"I said I'd double yer price and there it is. Looks like I'll be testing it out sooner rather than later, though, so I'd rather settle my score now in case I don't see you."

He looks at the blind man, who has just declared his intent to start slinging spells.

Note to self - don't get in his way.

"Well, looks like we're in for some fighting whether we want to or no. I'm for the street; I've no desire to get trapped in here and likely burned out. Seems we've got a healer and a few spellslingers."

He looks pointedly at Second, busily tending the wounded guard.

"Can he fight?"
  #34  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 12:37
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #28
Posts: 15 (0.00 per day)
The man looks up. "Well, not in his condition. I doubt he could tell you his name at this point. But, I can fight, among other things. I think I've done about all I can on such short notice. He won't bleed to death, at least. Provided he's left alone, he'll be fine. So.." and he stands, picking up his shield and pulling the club off his belt ".. which way to battle, eh?"
  #35  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 20:00
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
Blind spell slinging, green hair, purple robes, Dwarfy axe hair splitting, presumptive Paladin, and a tin worker who may or may not have forgotten that something of his that was never intended for sale is now in Cappucina's possession... so many questions swirl and whirl about in Cappy's halfling head.

But, these darn Tuskers are interfering with her chance to get to know some new and interesting characters by killing the villagers. Why, just now, the guy named after a cardinal number was about to explain his green hair to her and then had to stop to heal a wound. Bother!

Cappucina yells to the blind man Cadogen, "Stick around in front of the tavern, Cadogen. You tell me what you are going to cast, and I will tell you where to cast it. I'll be right behind and above you."

Cappucina casts spider climb, runs out the front door, turns and crawls up the side of the building until she reaches a nice alcove with an eave to hide under.(Hide roll 26) From this vantage point she will sneakily toss her darts and holler directions to the blind mage.

A few of the other patrons stand ready in the street right out front of the Dragon's Hangover. One of them is that there Pelor's son. It is a good thing they got themselves together as a troop of orcs turns the corner chasing down two badly wounded guards. Uh. Oh! "Cadogen, here they come on your right! They fill up the street. But there's town people in front of them too! And the building are wood so don't fireball!" Cappucina shrieks.

(That's 10 orcs by the way. They carry those orc axes and look big and nasty. Since they are trained and organzied, I would think that they might be level 2 warriors or level 1 fighters and have a few more HP than the standard orc. Ready?)

Last edited by cappucina; 5th of February, 2002 at 21:53.
  #36  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 22:35
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
The dwarf whistles tunelessly as he heads for the door in his rolling gait, arriving there with surprising quickness. The massive axe is balanced on one shoulder and he answers Second while craning his neck to watch Cappucina scurry up the side of the building and start yelling down to Cadogan in that squeaky little voice.

"Looks like there'll be plenty of fightin' right outside. Good for nothing guards. Why listen to the dwarf? It's just a buncha orcs . . ."

He holds the heavy door open as cover while he assesses their attackers -

Good, no bows.

- then moves opposite of Cadogan, so that the blind man is between him and the inn. From here he can defend the man, plus it will be easier to get out of the way of any spells he might cast. He waits patiently, figuring it best to let the magicians work their magic first.
  #37  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 23:04
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
Cappucina starts giving Cadogen nonstop directions. Her voice is getting higher and higher pitched as she is talking faster and faster. She is trying her very best to be helpful.

"5 paces to your left is Crito's cart. It's wooden and covered. Still attached is his horse. Try not to kill anything with an area spell that way or a fire spell or you will kill his horse and ruin his stuff. Now the Dwarf has moved right in front of you. Uh Oh! Careful with your touch spells, OK! One of the guards trying to reach safety is down, but there is still another in running toward you. The street you are on is about 15 feet wide. Now the two people who just came out behind you aren't orcs. No, don't turn that way. Turn around...turn around. More! Stop. You were facing the wrong way for a second. Stay facing that way. Don't worry about that movement behind you, those are some of the people you just met in the tavern. I Repeat! No orcs behind you! The Orcs are about 50 feet away now and running up to you. They will be all around you in a sec. 10 of them and a guard and a dwarf and some others. I'll tell you when! The Orcs are almost to you. Almost right there in front of you. One big one has singled you out! He is charging you. Looks like he is going to aim his ax right at your head! When I say duck, you better duck. OK?"

Cappucina's voice is practically sounding like a mouse squeak by the time she finishes these words. She coughs and tries to clear her throat so she can yell, "Duck!" loud enough for Cadogen to hear.

Last edited by cappucina; 5th of February, 2002 at 23:17.
  #38  
Unread 5th of February, 2002, 23:27
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Cadogan listens intently and moves around trying to get ahead of the cart and horse so he is more or less in the middle of the street. "This should slow them down." He reaches down on the ground and finds a small road pebble. Utters an Incantation and everything goes dark, then light again, as people can see a ball of darkness flying through the air over the towns people and towards the general direction of the Orcs.

"Run! Silly Fools!" Cadogan screams at no one in particular as he hopes his Magical darkness was enough to slow and confuse the Orcs long enough to clear the street of innocent bystanders.
  #39  
Unread 6th of February, 2002, 01:40
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Peering out the shop window, Elanor sees that a small crowd has gathered down and across the street, in front of the Dragon's Hangover. And then, from the direction of the town gates, come a horde of orcs right on the heels of two badly wounded guardsmen.

"I guess I'd better get out there," she says out loud, pretending to talk to Treasure, but of course she is really just talking to herself. "I might be able to help one of those guards."

She slips out the door, locking it behind her and speaking the command word to activate one of the shops traps: "UMBRALEO". Then she quickly crosses the street to join the others in front of the inn.

There is a sqeaky little voice coming from the eaves of the building, seemingly calling directions to one of the people standing below. But Elanor doesn't have the time to wonder what that is all about as the orcs are drawing nearer, and one of the fleeing guards has now fallen.

She is surprised to see a man in a pink shirt step into the street and begin casting a spell. Darkness descends on the area, causing gasps of fear all around, but then the light returns, and the area of darkness moves towards the "tuskers".

Now it is the orcs' turn to be surprised and judging from the sounds coming out of the darkness, they are indeed. In a few moments, by ones and twos, they stumble back in to the light, waving their hands in front of them as if feeling their way.

The injured guardsman manages to reach the group by the inn, panting from the exertion and clutching at a severe wound in his shoulder. Elanor pulls him over by the tinker's cart and begins to tend his wound.

[OOC: convert READ MAGIC to CURE MINOR WOUNDS and cast on guard. I would think that the orcs are now 'surprised', and some of them might be running back towards the gates.]
  #40  
Unread 6th of February, 2002, 03:43
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
Heheh..... That blind guy sure nows how to "even" the field....

Stepping out of the door and "hopping" on the driver-seat of the cart "Mister Purple Target-Practise" spreads his cloak in a theathral exhibition and shouts to the orcs:
"Well , well... Afraid of the dark? No more fear , my small ones ; daddy's gonna make you some LIGHT!"

A small pellet shoots from his hands , to land amongst the orcs , where it expands to a three feet wide globe of searing flames.
As if guided by his pointing finger , the sphere immediately goes after the nearest orc and engages it in an "intimate hug".
The Orc , aperantly not the affectionate type , can't apreciate his "hot" date and staggers away from it , while trying to put out his burning jacket and howling in pain from the scorched and blistered patches of exposed skin.

Megamieuwsel points toward the next orc and the sphere follows suit.....
__________________
<Crappy Sig...>
  #41  
Unread 6th of February, 2002, 05:48
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Crito helps hold the wounded guard still while the green-haird man does his first-aid work. His wounds closed, the bleeding stopped, the man is helped by Crito to lie down in a comfortable position, while chaos begins to erupt around him. Stable doors are flying through the air, the halfling casts a spell right in front of everyone and runs up the outside wall into the eaves of the building.

Gralhruk thanks Crito, calmly droping off 6 coppers in his hand and hurrying off with the green-haired Second Talon to join the fray. Crito smiles and follows the purple-clad Megamieuwsel out the door, both head for his cart.

Crito is surprised as Megamieuwsel jumps up on the wagon and with a showy flap of his cape, begins to sling spells at the orcs.

Ah! What a wonderful place. It seems one can practice one's art right out in the open!

Crito moves behind his wagon, ready to protect it, but trying to keep out of sight of the orcs. He gives a wave of his hand toward the advancing horde of orcs and speaks a single word, "spats."

All but the largest orc stumble for a moment. Three of them tumble to the ground, dropping their axes, and lie there snoring.

Last edited by Crito; 6th of February, 2002 at 05:52.
  #42  
Unread 6th of February, 2002, 12:34
Second Talon
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #28
Posts: 15 (0.00 per day)
As Second strolls out the door and into the street, he pulls a large oak leaf from his belt pouch and stares at it while he mutters under his breath. Satisfied at something, he shoves it back in his pocket, only to find he's walked out halfway to the Tusker's front line. Three lie fast asleep, another seems to be engulfed in flames, and still another runs desperately from a large ball of fire that chases it merrily.

With a shrug as a Tusker's axe descends toward his head, he uses his club to bat the blade aside, and slams his shield into the face of the orc, causing it's nose to spurt blood. Realizing his mistake, he tries to cover it by rapping the orc on the head with the club, but that only seems to make the Tusker angrier. Yelping, Second turns around and runs back toward the inn, narrowly avoiding the axe of the bleeding, angry Tusker.

(Used spell Shillelagh)
  #43  
Unread 6th of February, 2002, 13:48
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Several spells later and Gralhruk is getting bored. Finally, one huge brute breaks through the barrage of magic aimed his way and charges. Par for the course, he opts to attack the green-haired healer instead. That one manages to bloody the orc's nose without getting himself killed but it is clear that the beast has the upper hand.

I do believe I heard my name.

He takes a short hop forward, axe cocked, and launches an arcing blow. It clips the orc as he moves to follow Second, and while it isn't the cleanest blow the dwarf has ever struck, it is sufficient to drop the wounded brute in his tracks.
  #44  
Unread 7th of February, 2002, 17:10
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
Cappucina readies a dart and aims it several times. Each time, her target is either swallowed by a darkness bubble, engulfed in a flaming sphere, falling asleep, or killed by a fellow patron. "Oh well!" she shrugs to herself. Then she turns her attention back to Cadogen. "Looks like the orcs aren't going to make it all the way up to you. They are being driven off!"

Behind Cadogen and near Crito's cart is the nice lady who tried to help a guard. Cappucina sees something so new, so interesting, so lovely, wrapped around this lady's fingers that she gasps and almost looses her perch on the eave. Lucky for Cap, the spider climb is in effect for a few more minutes and her feet sort of stick to the wall. She puts her darts away and climbs down from the eave to right above the doorway. It truly looks like the orc attackers have begun their retreat. Some of the patrons are not interested in chasing them back to the city walls, and after standing around some moments in the street, they return inside to the Dragon's Hangover for a refreshing beverage. Cap pats them on the head and tells them "good job" and "well done there with the ball of fire" and "I've never seen a shield bash like that one" from her perch over the doorway.
  #45  
Unread 8th of February, 2002, 07:56
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
The injured guardsman gets to his feet and starts looking around as if he isn't quite sure what happened. He thanks Elanor without hardly looking at her and then draws his sword, following after the retreating orcs.

Elanor shrugs and then turns back towards the Magick Shoppe. She notices that there are a lot of interesting looking people going back into the inn.... Could it hurt for her to go inside and have a mug of cider? She thinks about it for a moment, then decides the shop can spare her for fifteen more minutes or so.

Just as she is about to step through the doorway, she looks up and right into the shining black eyes of a halfling woman clinging to the outside of the inn like a..... well, like a spider.
  #46  
Unread 8th of February, 2002, 08:31
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
With the excitement over, the guards rounding up the remaining tuskers and clearing away the bodies, Crito heads back towards the doorway. He hears a shrill voice from overhead commenting on what has gone on and he follows the eyes of the local woman standing next to him in the doorway. Sure enough, there is the halfling woman from before. Hands on his hips, Crito grins up at her, "I belief you vere about to buy somet'in' from me?"
  #47  
Unread 8th of February, 2002, 10:27
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Elanor glances over at the man standing almost under the doorway with her.

"Are you the tinker then? I saw your cart over there..." She stops and sticks out her hand in the man's direction. "I'm Elanor. I, uh- oops!" She looks down at her hand as she notices the man staring at it, and remembers too late that she has a tiny green winged snake coiled around her ring finger. Treasure is awake now. He is alertly watching the tinker with his beady little snake eyes, his green forked tongue flickering in and out of his little snake mouth.

"Sorry about that..." She looks like she doesn't quite know what to say next. "Um, I work down the street at Caledon's Magick Shoppe," as if that should explain having a little snake on one's finger. "You should come see us some time."
  #48  
Unread 8th of February, 2002, 15:45
cappucina
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #37
Posts: 66 (0.01 per day)
"Excuse me. Excuse me lady! Oooooh. What is that? On your finger?" Cappucina swings down from her perch over the doorway to hang in front of the blond lady, blocking her way into the Dragon's Hangover for a moment, before dropping back to the ground. Crito catches up to her and asks her to pay him. She is a little dissappointed about that, but hands him over the silver she owes him while she listens in on his conversation. Now, she knows the snake lady is named Elanor and she works in the magic shop. "Are there more of those in the shop?" she asks her.
  #49  
Unread 8th of February, 2002, 17:11
Kelemyn's Avatar
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #15
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 3,361 (0.58 per day)
Elanor eyes the little halfing woman a bit warily.

"Not exactly," she tells her, stepping back a pace, although she does hold out her hand so that the woman can easily see. "He's a little air snake, newly hatched about an hour ago. We have a couple more eggs, but I think it was just a fluke that this one hatched. It wasn't supposed to." As an aside to the tinker, she adds, "We sell the unfertilized eggs as spell components, you know.

"Anyway, I was going to go in for a mug of cider. But maybe I should get him back to the shop. I forgot for a minute that he was with me, and I really don't know how he'll react to being outside."

As if on cue, the little snake suddenly uncoils itself from around her finger and takes flight, hovering in the air directly in front of the tinker. Elanor makes a grab for him, but he easily darts out of her reach. Then the little creature does the strangest thing. It flits down to the tinker's hand, spins in the air frantically for a moment as if searching for something, then hovers contentedly over the man's ring, and...... changes color! Just for the briefest instant, the little snake goes from brilliant green to pale lavendar.

Elanor snatches him back just then. "That's it. I'm definitely taking you back to the shop. I didn't even know you could fly yet!" As she walks down the street, she calls over her shoulder, "Feel free to come visit me! I'm right down the street!"
  #50  
Unread 9th of February, 2002, 05:39
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Cadogan listens intently to the new Halfling. Talking about her Magick Shoppe, and spell components! Of Course he need those.

"Wait Wait! I need some spell components!" He says as he tries to jog in the general direction where the Halfling was going, instead he runs into Crito's cart and ends up on the ground and grumbling something about carts and inconciderate people parking them anywhere these days.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 9th of February, 2002 at 06:04.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren