Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Explosive Cheese's Games > Fantastic Reality > Backdrop (House Rules, Setting, and Fluff)

Closed Thread
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 09:40
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Roleplaying Rules

Guidelines
  • I hope for the game to be humour and character driven, rather than story driven. To this end, I don't intend to plan out over-arching plots, so much as hooks and tentative plots. I want you guys to react in the most outlandish ways possible; it'll just make the game better. Don't worry about going along with the story, 'cause I'll be winging it. In fact, feel free to try introducing your own plot points, and I'll see if I can integrate them.
  • Almost everything should be said IC! This is important: because you're playing gamers, almost anything you would normally say OOC (discussing statistics, rolls, plans, personalities, etc.) is actually valid IC content that is vital to the humour of the game. These are gamers: when they swing their sword and land a deadly accurate blow, they might think, "W00t, natural 20!" They may not be rolling dice, or using stats, but they'll think in terms of them anyways.
  • There are of course exceptions to this rule. Things about RL and hiatuses are obviously not IC content. And if you want to discuss the personality of your player, this might work better OOC. However, if you want to comment on another Orpite's player, this could work IC. I'll leave it to your discretion, although if I see an OOC post that would work better IC, I may move it.

3 Terms for your roles:
  • There is the character: This is what your sheet and stats represent; they are your every-day pathfinder character.
  • The player: this is the roleplayer whose role you're taking on; feel free to play it close to your own personality, or satirize a stereotype, or any other kind of gamer you can think of.
  • Orpite: This is the term I'll use to refer to you, the actual people controlling the player (who is in the body of the character). If you've got better terms, please let me know.

More rules to come as we get into the game.
Unread 11th of June, 2010, 09:06
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Dayle/Me

Text in my posts that is in bold italics is Dayle's voice in your heads. Normal text in my posts is standard description of how you perceive the world. Now Dayle knows you guys are all experiencing this first-hand, but as a newb GM, he might slip into GM-speak every once in a while and describe something your players can sense for themselves. Your players are free to argue with Dayle over anything he says, even if it sounds like a description of reality.
Closed Thread