Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 4th of December, 2002, 00:32
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Under his hood Blarth's face furrows in confusion as Sir Paladin speaks to these strangers.

Who are these people? How did Sir Paladin meet them? They certianly don't appear to be holy people. Who died? Why does Sir Paladin feel responsible? What does he mean, massacare? He will leave at dawn tomorrow?

"Wait, a minute," Blarth begins outloud, "What about my brother? Are you still going to help me clear him? Do you think we will be able to take care of this tonight? You aren't going to leave me with him still locked in that temple of Heironious are you?" Blarth finishes in a pleading voice.
  #102  
Unread 4th of December, 2002, 01:10
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade makes no move for the valuables so casually thrown on the table, although her eyes narrow as the man continues his tirade. When he has finished she takes a deliberate swallow of wine and then looks up at him without moving. Before she can respond the large, hooded figure behind him suddenly blurts out something regarding a man in captivity. Ignoring the outburst she turns her flinty eyes back to Paladin.

"Sounds like you've got other people to save."

Pushing away her barely touched food she rises and folds her arms. Her voice starts out soft and gradually takes on a bitter edge.

"I don't remember anyone asking for your protection. You joined us, after you had been attacked yourself. Nobody has a dagger to your throat: you come and go as you please.

Vengeance? Glory? All we were doing was journeying through a wood. We didn't ask for those damned beasts to hound us. I rescued a comrade and went to reclaim stolen belongings, not to settle some score or make a name for myself."

She doesn't shout but it is clear she is angry; not the frenzied anger of a cornered beast but the cold fury of a seasoned hunter.

"The minstrel died because he was stupid. He could have stayed at his fine castle and married his beloved but he was out looking for glory. He thought it was all a big, happy story like he heard when he was a child. He made his own choices and he died for what he believed in; I think it was stupid and you think it was needless but that was his choice, not yours and not mine. You can't save people from themselves."

She pushes past him and glares at his companion, catching a glimpse of the orcish face under the hood. The pile stays untouched on the table as she storms out of the tavern, a flash of deep blue silk marking her exit.
  #103  
Unread 4th of December, 2002, 08:47
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
What have I gotten myself into? If they realize that I've been standing here listening the whole time, this could turn bad. Still, they would be useful companions, so maybe they would be helpful. Besides, something tells me this is going to be interesting.

"You're right, young one. You may not like the orc, but deal with him. Your destiny lies with him and his companions, although it may not be a destiny you like. You just do not have a choice in this matter," a female voice, barely a whisper in the wind, seemed to say in the back of Ilastros's mind.

Ilastros walked up to the table, thinking the entire way. Am I going crazy? How did I hear their conversation so clearly? It was as though they were the only ones talking, and yet I see this place is full of people. More importantly, where did that voice come from?

"Orc, I understand that you may need help with your brother. If you are willing to help me with a quest I am on, I will help you with yours. Besides, I need the break from what I am doing anyway," Ilastros said.

Wait! Was that my choice, or was it something else? It seems as though all of this is my idea, and yet I have a feeling that I had no control over my actions. I must guard my thoughts and my mind closely. They seem to not be my own as of late. More importantly, was it my decision to come here and choose those two, or is some unknown person playing me as a pawn? I must tell them none of this.

"Troubled, kind sir?" a barmaid, who Ilastros had not heard walking up to him, said.

"No. None at all. Just some bad memories in a bar similar to this," Ilastros said.

Bad memories indeed. It was in a bar just like this one where the orc mage gave me the slip.
  #104  
Unread 4th of December, 2002, 15:15
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
The paladin takes a glance at Shade's retreating back, then the two standing nearby, finally resting his gaze on Cadrius.

"It's settled then. Once I've taken care of unfinished business here, I'll be on my way." He turns to face the others, leaving the money on the table for Cadrius to deal with. "Shall we--"

Suddenly, everything goes red. Blindingly red. His Sight, normally just a faint red haze over everything, clouds his vision in its intensity. Mixed in is a series of images -- blades, angry faces, blood -- and a cacophany of sound; screams, shouts, curses. Once again, it somehow manages to convey intent as well -- revenge, murder, bloodshed. The headache he had in the morning comes back full force, like a battering ram in his head.

"AAAAAAAAAH!" The paladin suddenly grasps his head, his fingers threatening to burrow straight into his skull. He collapses to the floor, breathing heavily. In the midst of his panting, a few words can barely be heard.

"--tower--"

"--guards--"

"--track--"

"--assassins!"


Blarth catches the one word, realizing that it has that harsh clipping of the 'k' at the end, making it an Orcish word. A name.
  #105  
Unread 5th of December, 2002, 03:32
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius moves to follow Shade, unsure of whether to be angry or in agreement with her. She's right to an extent they didn't ask him to protect them, Cadrius certainly felt as if his niche had been tread upon by the presence of a real paladin. A bitter taste enters his mouth as he thinks upon the holy warrior. His sudden distate has little to do with the man and much to do with the profession. Paladin reminds him of days long past, loves lost, and glory discarded, things he'll never have again.

Despite these feelings of resentment he leaps to his feet and is at Paladin's side mere moments after he hits the floor. He seems to be saying something but Cadrius can't understand it.

"Are you hurt?" he asks, checking the paladin for wounds from unseen foes.

A small crowd gathers around them. He looks up and glares at them until he spots a barmaid.

"You there," he says, pointing to her, "bring me a mug of water and a mug of ale."

She stands still a moment longer and then is gone, disappearing through the throng of people.

"As for the rest of you," he stands and grits his teeth before saying, "go back to whatever you were doing."

His voice is low, menacing, and the normally rough crowd seems to give a collective nod before moving back to their tables and booths. The barmaid appears with a mug in each hand.

"Thank you kindly," he says, dropping a gold piece in her palm.

He kneels by Paladin's side and holds the mug of water to the man's lips.

"Come on," he says roughly, "drink it and you will feel better."
  #106  
Unread 5th of December, 2002, 09:02
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
The reaction of the woman to Sir Paladin's offer suprises Blarth. Who is she to speak to him in such a fashion? As does her rapid exit without so much as a proper good-bye. Well, isn't she sort of rude. Any ruder and she could give Trak a run for his money. Blarth's eyes follow the retreating form of Shade as he apparently ignores the offer made to him by the stranger.

With that Blarth's eyes return to the table in time to see Sir Paladin fall to the floor in pain. Shocked by this action, Blarth stands and stares, unsure what to do. Fortunately the impetus to action is taken by the man who had been seated at the table. Bewildered Blarth stands by watching.

"--Trak--"

The word nearly jumps out at him. His brother's name? What is going on? Blarth kneels down by Sir Paladin's head in time to make out another word,

"--assassins!"

"Assassins? Where? Are they after Trak? What are you trying to say? Sir Paladin, is my brother in some kind of danger? Is someone trying to assasinate him? Sir Paladin? Sir Paladin? Can you here me? Can you tell me what's going one?" Blarth looks imploringly at Sir Paladin trying to will an answer out of him.
  #107  
Unread 5th of December, 2002, 12:47
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
Ilastros also noticed the strange behavior of the human. Upon seeing the orc was ignoring him and being concerned by the strange behavior. He was about to leave, trying to ignore the guiding hand that was trying to get him to stay.

"--Trak--"
Ilastros stopped dead in his tracks and turned pale. Trak was what the orc mage called himself. Ilastros suddenly knew, without knowing it, that he was close to discovering something about his prey.

"Assassins? Where? Are they after Trak? What are you trying to say? Sir Paladin, is my brother in some kind of danger? Is someone trying to assasinate him? Sir Paladin? Sir Paladin? Can you here me? Can you tell me what's going one?" the orc looks imploringly at Sir Paladin trying to will an answer out of him.
His brother? I can get revenge on that mage by killing his family. First, however, I must get to him. Still, I must get him alone if I expect to kill him.

Ilastros turned around and walked back to the orc. One guy was helping the human kneeling on the ground drink some liquid, probably to help the guy calm down. Still, Ilastros had the feel that powerful magic was involved. The place almost stunk of it.

"So your brother is named Trak? I have been sent to find him by some people. They wish to speak to him about an inheritance he is somehow entitled to. Looks like we share the same quest," Ilastros said, trying to sound friendly.

"Be careful of the human who said those words. He must know something of your quest. Perhaps that final word is who you are looking for..." the female voice, still as faint as the wind, said.

Who are you?

"Worry about that not, mortal. Still, if you must call me by anything, call me Ilyasi. That was the name I used so long ago. Just do my bidding, mortal, and life shall be rewarding for you," the female voice said again.

No one else seems capable of hearing you. Am I so special? Or have I gone mad afterall?

"Both and neither, mortal. Both and neither..." Ilyasi said.

Last edited by NestroEmichae; 5th of December, 2002 at 12:54.
  #108  
Unread 5th of December, 2002, 20:53
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
Suddenly the paladin's hands fly from their death-grip on his head, causing the cup of water offered by Cadrius to smash into the wall, shattering into shards of clay. The paladin's eyes snap open, glowing a bright red -- but it's like the color of a sunset, rather than blood.

He stands up, brushing off attempts to help him. When he speaks, his voice has a strange echo to it, almost as if he were underground.

"He's here."

He doesn't even bother pushing people out of the way, as he walks to the door. He doesn't have to -- everyone seems intent on not getting in his path.

Just outside the door, someone is tethering his riding horse to the post by the entrance. Upon seeing the paladin's face, the man hastily backs away, but it seems the paladin's attention is on him. The paladin speaks again, in that hollow voice.

"I need your horse."

Stammering, the man nods and hands over the reins. As the paladin takes them and mounts up, both warrior and steed seem to glow that bright red for an instant -- and the paladin is seated on the back of a massive charger, stamping impatiently, almost as if it anticipates the paladin's intent. He gives the reins a light tug, but the effect is instantaneous. The warhorse turns and begins charging down the street at a full gallop.
  #109  
Unread 6th of December, 2002, 07:01
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
So your brother is named Trak? I have been sent to find him by some people. They wish to speak to him about an inheritance he is somehow entitled to. Looks like we share the same quest,"


Again the stranger's words pass by Blarth without registering. This time, though, it is apparent form the look on his face that he is not purposely ignoring the stranger but rather all his attention is devoted to Sir Paladin's prone form in front of him.

Suddenly the paladin's hands fly from their death-grip on his head, causing the cup of water offered by Cadrius to smash into the wall, shattering into shards of clay. The paladin's eyes snap open, glowing a bright red -- but it's like the color of a sunset, rather than blood.
Blarth recoils from the sudden motion of Sir Paladin's hands and nearly falls on his rump as a result. As Sir Paladin stands up and heads out the door Blarth scrambles to follow, pushing his way through the crowd that forms behind Sir Paladin to watch. When he makes it out side he sees Sir Paladin ride off down the street at full gallop. Without thinking he runs after him in what most would call a vain effort to keep up. However, to the suprise of on lookers Blarth doesn't fall behind nearly as fast as a person should. For a good half-a-minute his strides seem to swallow the ground as he chases after the horse falling behind by only a very little. It is only when Sir Paladin is about 60 some odd paces in front of Blarth that Blarth begins to slow down as he continues to chase. However, it seems this was far enough as Sir Paladin slows and dismounts in front of what looks like a battle ground.

OOC: Blarth manifests his burst talent for five consecutive rounds as he runs after Paladin, raising his speed to 50ft (and using up his remaining free talent manifestations for the day). The horses base speed is 60ft so he loses 40ft/round on the horse during those rounds. During the 6th round Sir Paladin arrives at the shrine and dismounts (using only 120ft of the avaliable 240ft). Blarth is 200ft behind at the begining of the round and will take 2 more round of running to catch up.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 7th of December, 2002 at 04:07.
  #110  
Unread 6th of December, 2002, 07:31
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
Ilastros watches the scene with little curiosity. To onlookers, it seems as though Ilastros was waiting for this to happen. To be perfectly honest, he wasn't but thought the human human was having some kind of fit. He wasn't surprised at how the orc reacted.

What surprised Ilastros was that he did nothing at all. He somehow lacked the urge to go after them. He also suspected he finally had some answers.

So he was a paladin! The orc probably isn't one. What about the man who was trying to help him drink?

"You're very perceptive. You're also very powerful. No one else has been able to resist me. I suspect that you are very powerful. However, there are others of power that you should meet first," Ilyasi said.

Ilastros felt the urge to talk to an elf female at the bar, but he somehow broke Ilyasi's hold over him and ran out of the bar instead. He asked a local which way the orc had gone and started running, his feet seeming to eat up miles as he ran. He ran until he saw the orc and then slowed down to a walk, preffering to not tired himself too much. As he walked up to the orc, he silently wondered about the presence in the bar. Something about it just wasn't right, and he felt a need to get away from it.

You're a ghost, aren't you?

"As I said. Very perceptive. I'm surprised you broke my hold over you. Any longer and I was going to make you my slave," Ilyasi said.

Get to the point.

"Very well. I want you to do something for me. I was killed not far from here and I want you to find and kill the descendents of the guy who killed me. When you ask about me, they will know if they are the ones," she said.

Ask about you?

"Yes. I am also known as the archlich Mensato," Ilyasi said.
  #111  
Unread 6th of December, 2002, 14:07
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
The paladin's ride takes him to the edge of town, about a quarter-mile away from the inn. A small stone building lies just inside the gates, its windows shattered, the door hanging by one hinge below the carving of a lightning bolt.

The local shrine to Heironeous, the god of valor.

Several people are sprawled in the street, clad in scale armor: members of the town guard. Those who are still living are helping the wounded, while a small group gathers, preparing themselves to rush the entrance.

As the paladin arrives, the defenders charge the door, but are stopped by an armored figure in the threshold. With one swipe of its sword, it drops one of the guards; the others quickly regroup, establishing a safe distance. The sound of fighting can be heard from inside.

Blarth and Ilastros see the paladin dismount, and can hear him clearly, despite the distance. "I will not let this continue! Yield now!"

The armored figure steps away from the building, still holding the bloodied sword. Its voice is just as audible, though it doesn't seem to be raising its voice. "Hello, my brother! It's about time you showed up! We've got something planned for you inside, once I've made you more... pliable."

There is a sudden burst of reddish-black light about the figure, surrounding him in the form of armor plates. He quickly closes the distance to strike.
  #112  
Unread 9th of December, 2002, 07:29
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
Ilastros, upon seeing what the orc is headed for, decided to join in as well. However, he walked up to a man with a horse beside the road instead. He noted that the man was watching the scene with great interest.

"Can I borrow your horse?" Ilastros asked.

"No. Now get away," the man said.

Then the man suddenly turned ice pale and started gibbering. Ilastros felt a sheer wall of cold behind him and had the urge to run away from it as fast as he could. It wasn't until the raspy, as though not used in hundreds of years, but still feminine voice behind him spoke up that he knew who it was.

The voice said one simple phraze, "I suggest you give him the horse."

The man promptly let go of the reins and ran away as fast as he possibly could. Ilastros, not being one to look a gift-lich in the mouth, immediately got on the horse and started riding towards the temple. He smiled silently as he remembered the look on the man's face.

You're very useful to have around.

"Thanks," Ilyasi said.

Why wasn't the horse frightened?

"I used a spell on it to keep it from being affected by my manifestation. Unfortunately, it apparently has not affect on psions," Ilyasi said.

I'm a psychic warrior, not a psion.

"Whatever."
  #113  
Unread 9th of December, 2002, 14:35
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
The paladin braces himself for the attack, reaching for his warhammer -- only to realize that he left it in the inn, upstairs in his room. In desperation, he lunges forward to meet the charge, trying to grab the man's arm and keep that sword out of reach.

As he closes in, small shards of crystal begin flying around the man: crystals made of solidified blood, it seems. Several of these shards dig into the paladin's skin, leaving long scratches across his arms and chest. Before he can reach in, the man swipes his sword across the paladin's midsection, tracing a long furrow of blood along his stomach.

As he grabs the man's arms, the paladin lets out a cry of rage, and his hands release a flare of blue-white light; in its wake, the armor and flesh beneath burns and crackles. Ignoring the lancing shards of blood leaving gashes on his arms and face, he tries to wrench the sword away.

Apparently, the transformation he'd endured made him much stronger than normal. With almost no effort, the man pulls his arms free, throwing the paladin to the ground in the process. Before the paladin can recover, he brings the sword around, holding it point-downward over the paladin's chest.

"Thus, the fight ends, dear brother," the man says, grinning. "This is not, however, the last this little town has seen of either of us."

With a cry of triumph, he drives the sword down.
  #114  
Unread 10th of December, 2002, 09:05
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
Ilastros, while riding the horse forward and watching the battle ahead of him, suddenly rememeber something. It was something he had been taught long ago. Lichs don't become ghosts.

Out of curiousity, how did you become a ghost? Lichs cannot become ghosts.

"Well, that's just it: I wasn't exactly a lich. I was able to polymorph into one to fool my foes, but I wasn't actually one. I kinda... screwed up the ceremony," Ilyasi said.

You screwed it up? If you're not a lich, what did you become?

"I don't exactly know. I do know that I gained amazing powers over ice after that. But... I still don't exactly know what I became," Ilyasi said.

Great. I'm being haunted by the ghost of a wannabe lich. Ah, well.
  #115  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 02:05
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
AS he makes his way back towards Maeko and her young companion, Nicos consider Dem't's words to him.

Stay out of trouble indeed. He is starting to actually act like my father Hmmm.....

Considering how such a thing sat with him, he is bumped out of his thoughts by a large bustle of people move past him. Glancing up, he is just in time to spot Mins, one of the cities most successful cutpurses moving in on the bald woman. As his sight of them is cut off, the bard swings around, anxiously searching the crowd for any other member of Mins gang. His heart sinking he spots Julin, Mins' number one Bagman, just before he too disappears into the crowd like an ethereal spirit.

As quickly as possible, Nicos navigates his way through the, impossibly seeming, dense crowd Emerging from the other side, only to find the spot where the monk had stood empty. A quick search about him reveals no trace of her or Elyas.

Well Nicos you old dog, there is only one thing you can say at a time like this.

" shit "
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #116  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 03:08
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade isn't very far away when a scream emerges from the tavern and she pauses, looking back quizzically. Had Cadrius assaulted Paladin? It was possible, given his mood and the right combination of antagonism and guilt.

Her question still isn't answered when the tavern doors crash open; she sinks back into the shadow of a nearby building and watches. Paladin charges out of the bar, commandeers a horse, and rides off followed closely by the blundering half-orc who moves far more quickly than she would have guessed. A third figure, the other one who had been following Paladin like a lost puppy, follows more slowly. Cadrius does not emerge and, resisting the urge to see if he is alright, she decides to let them play their own games for a while. Paladin didn't want her help anyway.

Pulling her hood up she starts off in the direction of the market. She had some coin in her pocket now and there were a couple of things that she could use. When she gets there it is a bustle of activity, the press of bodies tight enough that she is sure the pickpockets are having a field day. Her own purse is secured beneath both cloak and shirt, tucked beneath her weapons belt for extra security. The fool who reached for it would find the business end of her new sword.
  #117  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 03:35
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"NOOOOO!!!" Blarth screams as he sees the stranger who calls Sir Paladin his brother raise his sword. Charging forward he dives at the man to prevent him from delivering his killing blow, tackling him and driving him away from the prone form of Sir Paladin. As they move, the crystal blood shards that surround them seem to flow around Blarth's body as if diverted by an unseen force.

OOC: Blarth charges and attempts to bull rush. The bloodwraith is involved in a CDG (a full round action) and can't take his AoO. Roll opposed Str checks: Blarth 20+5(Str)+2(charge)=27 Bloodwraith 14+4?(Str)=18. Bloodwraith is pushed back 5+(27-18)=14ft.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 11th of December, 2002 at 03:41.
  #118  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 07:27
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
OOC: The following is assuming two rounds have been made.

IC:

Ilastros arrives and sees the orc charging into a mysterious figure. Ilastros hops off the saddle, only to land flat on his face. He hears laughing and knows, from the distant sound of it, that Ilyasi was enjoying herself.

"Bravo, sir knight! Maybe I had better do this. You seem a little inexperienced..." Ilyasi said.

Ilastros then got a flash of something. Something unusual... It was a voice...

The thief known as Shade will flow in on the High Tide
Cadrius the Traitor will once again help those who he turned on.

And then Ilastros realized that the voice was his own, leaving him to wonder just how sane he was...
  #119  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 16:45
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
As the paladin strugges to rise, a robed figure steps into the area, completely ignoring the half-orc and the bloodwraith. Looking down at him, it speaks in a sibliant voice.

"Well, well. I see the reunion has gone well. It's about time you showed up, Calabron Laspeera. I'd wasted too much time fighting to keep control of your brother; all he wanted to do was hunt you down and kill you for betraying him.

"Perhaps, once you've ascended, you two will work together. For once."


The figure raises one hand, and with a snap a glowing field of energy forms around the paladin, lifting him in the air, and wrenching his limbs at painful angles. He screams in agony, but the sound is muffled by the barrier around him. The robed man turns back toward the temple; as he walks, the paladin floats behind him in midair.

"Come, young one. Let's get you outfitted."
  #120  
Unread 11th of December, 2002, 18:30
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Slowly making his way through the market, Nicos keeps an eye out for any sign of either Maeko or one of Mins' crew. The crowd keep on shifting, revealing and concealing different faces in turn. But none of the ones he is looking for.

Walking past several booths that contain the good he originally came here for, it is several long minutes before Nicos, gives up finding her anytime soon.

She will probably make her way back to the Inn with Elyas. Still I can't help but worry if something went wrong with the thieves.

Stepping around a short figure in a midnight blue cloak, Nicos takes a good five steps before he realises he has seen that cloak before.

One of the people who came in with Maeko was wearing a cloak like that. Seemed to be about the same hight too

Turning around, the bard searches the press of people behind him for any trace of her.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #121  
Unread 12th of December, 2002, 03:22
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Fool! You should not have interfered"

The stranger's voice rings in Blarth's ears as they disengage. Stepping back Blarth ducks as the bloodwraith takes a two-handed swing at his head. The blow slides over Blarth's head as if redirected. The return strike is slowed to a stop a hair's bredth away from Blarth's side. His own lack of a weapon suddenly apparent Blarth steps back and a thin layer of ephemeral goo forms on his skin. His eyes begin to glow with a eiry silver fire. His mouth elongates and his canines enlarge. He stoops forwards and snarls at the opponent before him, "Let's see how you handle youself on more even terms."

OOC: The bloodwraith takes a five-foot step to seperate himself from Blarth (they were both in the same square as a result of the bull rush) and then takes a full-attack action. Rolls: 3+4(Str)+6(BAB)+1(WF)=14 & 11+6=17 vs Blarth's 17 AC (+2 Dex +4 IA +1 Dodge). Blarth takes a five-foot step back and manifests bite of the wolf.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 12th of December, 2002 at 03:29.
  #122  
Unread 12th of December, 2002, 06:02
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
"Looking for someone?"

The low voice comes from behind Nicos, close enough to make him jump. Spinning, he can see the woman he was indeed looking for. She is standing somewhat insolently, arms folded and a dangerous look in her eye.

"You seem overly interested in our little group, especially our foreign friend. I'd like to know why."
  #123  
Unread 12th of December, 2002, 07:35
NestroEmichae's Avatar
NestroEmichae
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member: #238
Posts: 72 (0.01 per day)
Ilastros got up and looked around. An acolyte came running out, only to suddenly change. She became very tall with pale skin. Ilastros suddenly knew it was Ilyasi.

"We must stop him," She said, pointing at the robed figure.

Ilastros drew his weapon and charged at the robed man. While he was running, four magic missiles soured around him and hit the guy in the back. Ilastros knew that this battle was going to be a hard one as he reached the man, stopping in time to attack.

"I don't know what you plan to be doing with that paladin, fool, but I have other plans for him," Ilyasi said.
  #124  
Unread 12th of December, 2002, 16:26
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Spinning where he stands, with his heart jumping into his mouth. Nicos is astonished at the sight before him.

"What? How did you do that?" He asks glancing back over his shoulder.

"You seem overly interested in our little group, especially our foreign friend. I'd like to know why."

"I'm interested in 'your foreign friend' because she is an interesting person. Plus she reminds me of something I thought I had left behind long ago."

Looking Shade up and down, Nicos raises an eyebrow.

"As to the group at large, I'm a bard, and I can smell a tale coming off you like a week old cat. Plus what isn't there to be interested in."

"You have a blind mage, a mysterious man, who claims only the name Paladin and hence gives away his profession. Yourself, someone who is a walking proclamation of a mystery," he says and adding in a try voice. "And seems to be able to move with a inhuman amount of stealth. There is the other large man you have with you, who I have yet to learn much about, but I get the impression that the town guard would very much like to have a word with him."

Taking a breath and looking around, Nicos finishes. "And last there is Maeko, an exotic woman from a far away land, who is trained a form of fighting that is rare unto unheard of in this part of the world. And speaking of her, I dont suppose you have seen her around have you? I was in the markets with her, but we got separated, and now I cant find a trace of her"

Rushing on before Shade can react, Im sure she cant take care of herself should she be attacked, but she is still a stranger in a strange city. Im worried.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #125  
Unread 12th of December, 2002, 17:57
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
Ilastros drew his weapon and charged at the robed man. While he was running, four magic missiles soured around him and hit the guy in the back. Ilastros knew that this battle was going to be a hard one as he reached the man, stopping in time to attack.

"I don't know what you plan to be doing with that paladin, fool, but I have other plans for him," Ilyasi said.


The bolts of magical force slam into the his back, but stop there -- instead of exploding with concussive force, they simply hang in place, as if they were lodged into his robe. Barely shaken by the impact, he turns to face Ilastros as he strikes. The weapon glances off the robe, trailing sparks... almost as if the robe were made of the hardest steel.

"Be careful who you call a fool, youngling," the man whispers harshly. "You may find your plans and aspirations falling short. Once I am through with young Laspeera here, you can have him -- what's left, at least. I care not."

With that, the man turns his back on Ilyasi, causing the paladin to swing around into Ilastros's path. The magical missiles are still stuck to the back of his robe, glowing brightly. "Leave me be. The Summoner awaits his charges. Unless you wish to join in, of course."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren