Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 7th of November, 2002, 23:33
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" I will gladly accompany you" answers the nun, smiling to the self-conscious newcomer.

" Afterwards, if you do not mind" she adds" I would like your counsel regarding a local child".
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #52  
Unread 9th of November, 2002, 03:06
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"Uhmmm... Are you guys planning on going out to do this?" Blarth asks nervously. Glancing around at the other people in the common room he notices that many of them are still glaring at him, though they seem to be trying to do it without Paladin and Maeko noticing.

"M.. M.. Ma.. M.. Maybe I'll go with you," he says as he looks back at the others seated with him.
  #53  
Unread 9th of November, 2002, 17:01
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Reaching the end of the parchment before him, Nicos stretches a neck and shoulder gone stiff from a protracted time of being hunched over. As he stretches he notices the small group standing over near the bar.

Why Hello, what's this? Two of the people I wanted to warn about Dem'ts asking question, and ... a half-orc. Hmm, wasn't a half-orc arrested for Cletus's Murder? Oh this has the hallmarks of a tale all over it.

Slowly getting up, and putting the parchment and writing equipment away, has makes his way over to them, Listening to what they are saying as he approaches.

"M.. M.. Ma.. M.. Maybe I'll go with you,"

Hmm a half-orc with a stammer. Oh this just gets better by the second

Taking advantage of a momentary silence as the Half-orc finishes speaking, Nicos interjects himself.

"Ah sorry to interrupt you three, but I was wondering if I could have a quick word with you."

Turning to Maeko, and not giving any of them a change to refuse his request Nicos plunges on.

"Sorry about not being able to have that chat last night." Glancing at Sarah serving a round of Ale, to where some locals are sitting, Nicos grins slightly. "After my last tale there, got ... tangled up with someone, ah I mean something."

Looking back to Paladin, the grin falls from the bards face.

"The other matter is more serious Iím afraid. If you remember the lout who threw that water into the blind Mages face, umm Cadogan I think his name was. Well there was a murder, and they are now dead. A half-orc that was prowling around the area at the time, has been arrested-" at this Nicos glances sideways to the present half-orc to gauge his reaction "-but there is still some doubt over if he killed them or not. One of the town guards, Sargent Dem't - a decent enough guy - was in here before, and looking to talk to everyone who was involved in the water incident, and to see if any of you know anything."

Taking a deep breath, and glancing from person to person, a smile returns to Nicos' face.

Thatís peaty much it, Dem't said you would be back here either tonight or tomorrow night to question the rest of you. So if you want to speak to him about it, be here, if you donít, I suggest making yourself scarce at those times"

"Once again, sorry for just interrupting like this, but I thought you should be told."

Turning to go, Nicos hesitates.

"You know, I donít believe I caught your names last night..."

Last edited by itches; 9th of November, 2002 at 17:40.
  #54  
Unread 9th of November, 2002, 17:08
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
Turning to go, Nicos hesitates. "You know, I donít believe I caught your names last night..."

The paladin finds himself wishing his Sight hadn't left him this morning. That this man has an ulterior motive is painfully obvious, but his Sight couldn't reveal anything more last night; now that things are coming about, the man is definitely showing signs of motivation. If he had the Sight, he just might be able to predict the man's intentions and see if they needed quelling. As it is, he has nothing more to go on than anyone else.

"You'll not be catching them, either. Not unless we choose to offer them. Which, in case you didn't notice, we haven't.

"If you are so constrained in your dealings with others that you cannot bring yourself to do so without having a monicker, you can simply call me a paladin. Do not ask for more than that.

"As for the others, it's up to them, but such an admission would be ill-advised under the circumstances."
  #55  
Unread 9th of November, 2002, 17:34
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Grinning, and not in the slightest put off, Nicos gives a small bow to 'Paladin'

"Ah a man of mystery. Paladin you shall be to be then."

Turning to Maeko and raising an eyebrow, then raising the other and looking at the Half-orc, leaving the bard with a slightly comical expression.

"And you fair lady, may I have the honour of your name? And you sir?"

((OOC: look at this.

Ever
SponkleofInfini 1715
Cadogan Trahem 1608
BigRedRod 1566
TheDruid20 1353
Cadrius 1086
itches 1000

Seems I've had just a few posts delated ))

Last edited by itches; 9th of November, 2002 at 17:39.
  #56  
Unread 10th of November, 2002, 05:42
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" My name is Maeko, brother" answers the nun, wondering at the undercurrents between the two men.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #57  
Unread 11th of November, 2002, 05:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
"You would probably recognize my brother, Trak, everyone remebers him. He was drank up quite a storm here the other night but went to do his drinking elsewhere last night. We have been in town a few days now and still people have trouble remembering me. Hell, I ate dinner in this very common room last night while you were singing and, from the look on your face you don't even recognize my face."

Not even realizing that he hadn't answered the bards question, Blarth turns back to the paladin and says, "So, Sir Paladin, what do you want to do?" As he speaks, the nervousness and fear, which had left when answering Nicos' question, returns to Blarth's face.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #58  
Unread 12th of November, 2002, 15:07
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
"If the watch-captain is coming this way to question people, then we stay here and wait for him. Assuming we're all innocent--" at this, he gives a pointed look to the minstrel-- "we have nothing to worry about with him, and we may have some information that will help him find the real killer."

And something tells me that I know who did it, he thinks.
  #59  
Unread 12th of November, 2002, 15:56
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Catching the look, Paladin shoots at him, Nicos snorts.

"Being innocent isnít as much fun is it looks on the surface. Anyway Iím off, I've got some stuff to do at the market before the days gets to late. Have fun with what ever you were doing before I interrupted"

With that, Nicos Turns to leave. After a few steps, he looks back over his shoulder, and says directly to Paladin.

"Oh and Dem't is a Sargent Not a Captain. "

With that last word, Nicos crosses the room and heads up the stairs to where his room is.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 12th of November, 2002 at 15:59.
  #60  
Unread 13th of November, 2002, 06:13
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
During the exchange between Paladin and Nicos, Blarth's face suddenly turns form one of nervousness and fear to one of puzzled thought, an expression which looks totaly alien on his face.

His position and facial expression haven't changed when the bard dissappears upstairs.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 14th of November, 2002 at 09:27.
  #61  
Unread 13th of November, 2002, 16:15
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
The paladin doesn't seem fazed by the minstrel's retort. After all, the man just gave him some useful information: the name and rank of an authority figure. He sits back down and resumes eating. Naturally, his breakfast has grown cold while he was occupied, but he finishes it with vigor.

Wiping the last bits of egg off his plate with a crust of bread, he asks Maeko, "Do you know where the others are? I really need to talk to them soon."
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  #62  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 03:04
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" I did not see either Cadogan or Shade this morning, I am sorry.

Might now be a good moment to ask your counsel, Paladin?".

The nun looks around to be sure the owner and the serving girls are not within earshot.

" There is something I have to do, but I do not know how".
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #63  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 06:34
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
Realizing that Maeko, of all people, just might be asking him to do something that other people might not appreciate, he leans closer. Surely the fallen paladin and the assassin haven't influenced this one?

"What is it?"
  #64  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 09:27
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
As Maeko and Paladin talk amongst themselves, Blarth's face continues to wear that foreign look of deep thought.
  #65  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 18:00
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
"There is child here, I met him yesterday. he works like slave but dreams better things, of becoming a craftsman, like his father was.

I have more gold than i will ever need, I would like to find a good master for him, have him become apprentice, out of this place, but I do not know how such things are done in this country."
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #66  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 18:18
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
"It shouldn't be too difficult," the paladin replies. "Why not ask the owner of the place what it would take to gain responsibility for the child? Odds are, you could pay him a flat sum, and he can use that to hire someone for the job.

"If you can, you may want to give him a little more than he asks, so that he can hire someone who needs the work. Maybe even two people, if the work keeps him as busy as you say.

"If he goes along with it, it's up to you where you take the boy."
  #67  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 19:09
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" Thank you, I will do that and ask if there is good artisan here needing apprentice, maybe the child himself knows...

I go speak with master..." with a smile and a nod the nun gets up and leaves the room.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #68  
Unread 14th of November, 2002, 19:16
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
As Maeko leaves, the paladin realizes that the half-orc is still standing there, looking like he'd been poleaxed.

He shoves a chair in front of the man, saying "Sit down before someone tries to push you over. You're getting stared at."
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  #69  
Unread 15th of November, 2002, 00:58
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
As the paladin offers Blarth a seat, a look of enlightenment awash with relief spreads across Blarth's face. As he sits down he turns to Paladin and says, "That bardy fellow mentioned that a half-orc had been arrested for the murders last night. Since I haven't seen any half-orcs in town beside me and my brother, and I obviously wasn't arrested, I think Trak was arrested. Maybe we should go see this sergeant Dem't about all this. "
  #70  
Unread 15th of November, 2002, 02:02
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
She slides forward on cat's feet, another indistinct shape in the fading light. Ahead, a darker patch against the grey stone, a cave mouth gapes wide. She can feel the cold pour out of it, a tangible pressure as she moves forward. Only a few short steps inside and the blackness is absolute; the silence almost so, broken now and again with a faint drip of water. The cold, the wet, the dark: she is in the mouth of some gigantic corpse and yet she dare not risk light.

A sound up ahead, faint but unmistakable, draws her forward. It is the scream of a human in pain. Despite the faintness of the sound, she knows that up close it would be loud as the shriek of a banshee. Her ears prick and the skin of her back crawls with fear and yet it is toward the noise that she goes, blindly. Without thought, her left hand slips behind her and silently draws a leaf shaped blade, it's weight a reassuring presence in her sweat slicked hand.

She lets her other hand trail against the rough stone wall, her only guide in the dark. She turns a corner and a short way ahead there is something on the floor of the passage, illuminated but shedding no light, floating in a dark, bottomless deep. As she gets closer she knows that it is a lifeless body, a smaller darkness perched and bobbing near it's head. She sprints forward, leather shod feet a whisper over stone, and stumbles in the dark just short of her target. She goes down in a tangle of limbs, cracking her elbow painfully and lands just short of the corpse, her face only inches from the ruined visage of a dead aristocrat.

It is Itches, and the huge raven on his shoulder dips it's head once more before looking at her, cocking it's head the way birds do, a slithering tendril that was once an eye hanging from it's beak. She skitters backward ungracefully as the bird launches itself at her, claws reaching for her face. She lands flat on her back, expecting to feel the rake of claws against her cheek but all she feels is a brief tug at her neck and for a brief instant she can see the bird before it is off in the dark, a glimmer of silver clutched in it's talons. Itches, one-eyed, stares at her accusingly and her own eyes grow wide as his battered body climbs to it's feet and, of all things, begins singing about two lovers overcoming incredible odds to be together.

"Stop it."

He ignores her and continues singing flatly, the notes of his song dropping down to her like rain and fading to silence before reaching the darkness. The shrieks continue, louder now, an odd harmony to his love song. She gets slowly to her feet and gives the annoying aristocrat her most menacing glare, something that surely would have silenced him in life. Death, however, has made him bold. The song now shifts more somberly as tragedy strikes one of the lovers, ripping him from his beloved at the moment of triumph.

"Stop, damn you!"

She rushes at him but he is gone and she is blind once more as she lunges face-first into a wall of stone. Sharp pain shoots up from her nose, the first unlucky part of her to make contact. She brings bruised knuckles up to her face before swiveling her head to once more home in on the screams. She moves forward but she can feel something else down here with her now, stalking her through the inky sea. She picks up her pace but the feeling intensifies along with the sound of a human in pain.

She is nearly running by the time her fingers scrape over a rough wooden door, the middle of her back itchy, as though she expects to be struck there any moment. She skids to a halt, reaching for handle just as the door explodes outward. She is thrown back against the far wall of the corridor, driftwood in a storm, as light streams out into the tunnel. The red light blinds her and she can only see his silhouette as the man strides from the torture chamber, huge club in his hands, and bellows a challenge at her invisible pursuer. She manages to get to her knees as he charges off but her wind is gone and her calls to him come out as gasps. The blade gripped uselessly in her hand reflects the bloody light as she staggers to the room.

She readies for a fight, or at least carnage but the room is empty; devoid of any device or rack. A huge fire leaps from a pit in the exact center, the walls are spattered with blood, but otherwise there is nothing and nobody in sight. In the distance she can hear an enraged bellow along with sounds of a struggle and she leaves the light and runs off after it. The sounds diminish no matter which way she turns; her hand leaves the wall for a brief second and then she can no longer find it at all. The silence is absolute, the darkness tangible. She gropes for a wall but there is nothing and she walks, futilely searching for something. Exhausted, she eventually collapses and curls herself into a ball.

Hanging from an unseen perch high above, her form is reflected in a beady black eye while hidden talons grip a silver necklace.

Last edited by Gralhruk; 16th of November, 2002 at 02:17.
  #71  
Unread 17th of November, 2002, 19:48
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Making his way up to the room he uses to hold his stuff, and occasionally sleep in, Nicos hums a small tune.

Entering his room, he puts away his parchment, and writing equipment. Opening up a chest, and digging around it for a few moments, he quickly lifts up a false bottom and draws out a Small bag holding some gold. Drawing out several pieces, the Bard quickly replaces the bad, and the false bottom. After making sure it is fully concealed, he re-arranges the items on the chest over the top of it.

Straightening up, he catches sight of himself in the mirror, and stops to look. Staring back out of him is a figure, brown hair, in need of a shave, but not appearing unkempt for it. Rising his only hand to run it through his stubble, Nicos, glances at the shoulder where is left arm used to be, the raises up to peer into the eyes.

There is a lot of bad stuff hidden away in there, Nicos my old boy, a dry voice says in his head. You wont be able to run away, or hide from it forever.

Speaking back out loud to himself, "Maybe not, Nicos you handsome fellow you. But I can give it a bloody good go. And who knows, by the time it all catches up I may have found a solution to it"

What? the dry voice retorts. So far you have been looking in one alehouse after another. Between the arms and legs of a different whore or barmaid everynight. The answers don't lay there, and you very well know it

"Maybe not, but it sure if fun," Nicos speaks aloud again "Beside I donít know where to look for it. It's not like the solution will just walk through the door of the room one night."

Turning and walking out the door, with his gold safely hidden on his person, the former monk, now Bard, tryís to ignore the voice's last comment.

Maybe it will walk in one night. But the way your going, how would you recognise it if it did?
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 17th of November, 2002 at 22:11.
  #72  
Unread 18th of November, 2002, 16:11
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
"Maybe we should go see this sergeant Dem't about all this. "

The paladin heard the request, but didn't respond, fully expecting the sargeant to have entered the tavern by now. Of course, the statement the minstrel made about the man's impending arrival could have been nothing but smoke. He wouldn't have been surprised.

Finally, he gives up on any prospects of seeing the people he traveled with over the past few days, and of being able to get some answers without legwork. Once again, responsibility falls on his shoulders -- one would think he'd be used to it by now.

Rising from his chair, he places a couple coins on the table to pay for the food and drink. To the half-orc, he says, "Let's go. It appears that the sargeant isn't coming here any time soon, so we'll go looking for him."

Without even waiting for a confirmation from the beleagured half-breed, he steps out into the street, looking for a likely place to start looking for someone of authority.
  #73  
Unread 19th of November, 2002, 06:10
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Blarth is befuddled by the Paladin's lack of response. He seems to be waiting for something but Blarth isn't sure what.

As they sit there quietly Blarth's attention begins to wander and he begins looking around the room at the other customers. Most of them have now deliberately positioned themselves so that their backs are to Blarth and there seem to be fewer people than when he entered.

Distracted by these observations Blarth is starteled by the Paladin's sudden burst into action and scampers to catch up as the Paladin strides out of the door ahead of him.

Out in the street, Paladin has paused to look around, as if unsure of his bearings. With some trepidation Blarth suggests, "The town barracks are by the west gate, Trak and I went through there when we came in last week. Perhaps we should start our search for Sargeant Dem't there?"
  #74  
Unread 19th of November, 2002, 16:54
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.18 per day)
"Thank you. I always have a nasty habit of getting lost in towns." The paladin begins making his way westward.

Along the way, he spots a shop selling clothing, with a peculiar focus on weatherproof items. He quickly ducks in, and comes out with a thick leather cloak, treated to keep water from soaking in. Handing it to Blarth, he says, "Put this on. Keep the hood up for now. I have a few questions for the constable, and you'll be my edge in negotiations, if my guess is correct."
  #75  
Unread 19th of November, 2002, 18:22
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Making his way downstairs to the common room of the Inn, Nicos is back to humming his tune. Taking a look around, and noting who is present

Damnit, where is Shamus, I wanted to have a word with him

Seeing a boy enter the room, Nicos quickly makes his way over to him

"Ho Elyas. Hold up a minute boy. Have you seen Shamus about?"

As the boys nods silently, Nicos pries again.

"Well, where did you see him last?"

Finial Elyas speaks. "He is out the back, speaking to a bald woman"

"A Bald woman," Nicos ponders, holding his hand out horizontally. "About this tall would you say?"

At the boy mutely nods, Nicos grins

"Well you just saved me another two trips, I was looking for both you and her. I'm about to head of the market place, any chance I can get you to accompany me and give me a hand?"

A small bit of light enters to boys eyes at the prospect of escaping from the Inn work, and spending some time in the markets, but he forces himself to shrug his shoulder, and sound nonchalant.

"You would have to ask Shamus, its up to him if he can spare me for a bit"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren