Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #301  
Unread 18th of June, 2003, 06:45
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius levels his gaze at the bard and his bizarre offer. He draws in one breath and exhales loudly causing a faint echo.

"Are you serious? You came down into the sewer, risked being seen consorting with a criminal simply because you want to come along?" He asks, more than a little puzzled. The dagger remains extended hilt first toward him. He looks down at it for a moment and sighs again.

"Well?" he asks, turning to Shade, "You know him better than I. Can we trust him?" Cadrius seems unconcerned at the man's prescence. The longer they debate the harder it will be to flee.
  #302  
Unread 18th of June, 2003, 21:59
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Shade frowns invisibly behind her veil, one hand reaching up to touch the scar hidden behind it.

"I'm not the best judge of character but he saved Maeko's life and helped me when I needed some help. Yes, I trust him."

As far as I can trust someone I don't really know.
__________________
How many deaths shall serve to break at last
This heritage which wraps me in the grey
Apparel of ghosts?
  #303  
Unread 19th of June, 2003, 03:19
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius cocks his head to the side and looks at Shade for a moment before asking, "No?"

Turning back to the man, Cadrius reaches out and takes the offered dagger. Wrapping one large hand around it, he tests its weight. He'd prefer a sword, but the small blade would do in a pinch.

One certainly worked well enough before.

"I suppose you know these sewers, bard?" He asks, gesturing to the catacomb, "And if we allow you to come, you will guide us on the swiftest route to the blacksmith?"

He levels his gaze at the man and considers him one more time. There's something out of place about him, something's not right. He must have an alterior motive, he can't simply want to come along because of the adventure. While some of the bards Cadrius has met are fools, none saw much glory in trapsing about in filth.

"Very well. Shade says I can trust you. Do you have a name, or shall I simply call you bard?"

Nodding once at the response Cadrius says, "Lead on Nicos, we have some work yet before we are free."
  #304  
Unread 22nd of June, 2003, 15:21
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Standing there with a smile stuck on his face, and eyes widening to the point where it would be credible to question his sanity, Nicos watches as the duo debate over wether to allow him to accompany them.

These two positively extrude the smell of a tale, an opportunity such as this happens only once in a bards life - if he is lucky

Once it is decided, Nicos turns and leads them off into the dank and pungent catacombs of the citys underground.

"I won't lead you astray, I am not the most knowledgeable person about the citys underground. I've been down here more then most people, but the majority of my knowledge comes from tales told by my father."

The journey is conducted in silence, none of the travellers seeming willing to partake in unnecessary conversation Indeed there is little or no need for it, as the next several minutes are uneventful. Twice they had to double back when they came upon dead ends, cave-ins that looked fresh.

Cursing softly at the second dead-end, the bard moves on to a fork on the tunnels, stopping and peering down each of them before confronting the pair following him.

"Those cave-ins we encountered are fresh. Probably from the ground-shakes we experienced the other day. The problem now is this. There are two ways to get where you are heading."

Gesturing down the left tunnel

"This is the quickest way. The problem is that is will take us though a rats nest. mean rats."

Motioning the right tunnel

"This one is safer, but the problem is that it takes three times as long. By the time we get to where we are heading, and attempt to leave again the guard will have likely closed the gates."

Pausing and taking a good look at the pair.

"The only other exit out of this place that I know of is a 40 foot drop off the cliff. People have survived it before, but not many."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #305  
Unread 25th of June, 2003, 20:09
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
"The answer is simple," Cadrius says, looking at Shade for confirmation, "we take the shorter route and hope we do not run into any of these...'mean' rats. I do not fancy leaping forty feet to my death."

He is, however, nervous. Time is running out, he's unarmored and relatively unarmed. With any luck the bard is merely spinning another local legend about the ferocity of the rats beneath the city's surface. Still, his grip tightens slightly on the blade and he is more careful as they advance through the sewers.
  #306  
Unread 25th of June, 2003, 22:08
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
"Rats it is."

She eyes the dagger Cadrius is weighing uncertainly and then reaches behind her back and unhooks the scabbard of a short sword. She looks questioningly at him before handing it over.

"Sorry, I forgot you were unarmed. This ought to feel a little better in your hand."
__________________
How many deaths shall serve to break at last
This heritage which wraps me in the grey
Apparel of ghosts?
  #307  
Unread 26th of June, 2003, 23:46
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
He nods once, hefting the short blade and feeling its weight. He can use it, all squires trained under Heironeous receive rigorous martial instruction and as a result there are few weapons he is not capable of wielding. "A knight must be deadly with any weapon at any time," his armsmaster used to say. Unfortunately, he always favored the larger blades. Still, this would have to suffice and it certainly feels better in his hand than the dagger.

Not a bad sword, he thinks, but still small.

Keeping the blade in his hand, he peers down the dark tunnel. He can make it out faintly from the strands of daylight filtering through the grates, yet they would likely need a torch by the time they were through. Shade must have one, he thinks, she is always prepared. "Be prepared," his armsmaster's voice echoes again in his head, "a warrior of Heironeous must always be prepared."

"Lead on, bard," Cadrius says, pointing the sword at the darkness.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren