Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 29th of April, 2009, 13:38
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
The wind whips into Almego tossing his hair and chilling his neck, but does nothing to disturb his cloak whose dark power chills Almego's soul more than the strongest north winds of Faerun ever could. It seems as if only a small pinpoint of heat exists in the young sorcerer upon his chest in the form of Valkur's Boon - The Lionheart Amulet. Again he asks himself, is this the only fire left within me? If so... will it be enough?

A momentary vison comes to him of a spirit standing on a razor-thin edge of the Abyss. He shakes his head and dismisses the disturbing image.

An iciness takes hold over his heart and he lashes back at the Shadow within him, the Shadow that threatens to consume him. Of course her warriors would defend her... that's why we must give them a chance to die for her in this battle first, before we strike.... You are so stupid Shit! It is a wonder our master ever entrusted me to you. If it weren't for my brains you would have fucked this whole mission up long ago. Now just shut up until you're needed!

Almego looks at the great force opposing his own sizable crew and wonders how many more lives will be extinguished before this day concludes. He hears the ravens squawking and it is almost as if he can hear the wagers being placed upon his own head. Don't count out the underdog, he thinks and wonders if it is really himself that he is referring to.

After letting his eyes realize the horror that is before them all he finally shifts his attention to the Storm Sisters. He keeps his mind blank as he gazes at them high up on their ledge, but his emotions go through a whirlwind of anger, jealousy, and awe. A strange mixture he thinks to himself, but real nonetheless.

Spinning the dial upon the Hand of Time again Almego invokes the artifact's incredible power. He Wills a Silence to fall upon the ledge where the hags are attempting to draw them out onto the battlefield. The clocks ringing tone resonates across the battle and mixes with the cacophany of the crows like a battle horn making for a disturbing call to arms to announce the coming slaughter.

"The butcher will paid his dues before this day is out. Take care to make sure you're not part of that payment m'love," he says to Alison. He takes just a moment to stare into her beautiful eyes then turns back to the battle knowing that it will be the last time he will be able to look upon her with true love in his heart. He turns his focus back to the Storm Sisters and spins the dial from 5:30 to 4:30 invoking the dispelling powers of the Hand of Time and centers them on the hags in an attempt to foil whatever defences they may already have in place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: I'll repeat the preparations that I made and give you a little Stat Block for quick reference of all my defences and such.)

Spells in effect: Mirror Image, Blur, Shield, and Tongues.

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending

Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.

Other effects: Fast Healing 5, 5 Mirror Images

Saving Throws: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. Fear effects)

HP: 33

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: A quick summary of my actions...)

Cast Silence upon the ledge where the Storm Sisters are. Will negates, save DC depending upon the Hand of Time, and Spell Resistance allowed. (Remember, caster level check of Hand of Time vs. Their Spell Resistance score.)

Then I cast Dispel Magic cast as the area of effect version. Check spell description for specifics. No Save or Spell Resistance allowed. I'll move with the group if they do to keep myself in a pretty much central local.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #27  
Unread 2nd of May, 2009, 14:12
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Mirko steps forward, lifting the burning blade and pointing at the hags he chalenges

BITHCES! LETS FINISH THIS!!

punctuating his words the ledge where the hags await explode (rock burst)
as he rushes the trolls in front of him the blade burns red!

powers prepared: stonefire, strengh of stone, stoneskin letd do it!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #28  
Unread 7th of May, 2009, 11:29
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 1

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 2 – Hag Battle 1

The wind whips into Almego tossing his hair and chilling his neck, but does nothing to disturb his cloak whose dark power chills Almego's soul more than the strongest north winds of Faerun ever could. It seems as if only a small pinpoint of heat exists in the young sorcerer upon his chest in the form of Valkur's Boon - The Lionheart Amulet. Again he asks himself, Is this the only fire left within me? If so... will it be enough?

A momentary vision comes to him of a spirit standing on a razor-thin edge of the Abyss. The spirit turns to face him as if sensing his astral presence. The spirit’s face is obscured by swirling mists…except for its mouth which is open in a howl of anguish and dismay. Gods! Is that Stephen…or myself? He wonders and then he shakes his head and dismisses the disturbing image.
The howl of anguish is replaced by the howls of the creatures coming for them, and inside the Shadow within laughs coldly.
An iciness takes hold over his heart and he lashes back at the Shadow within him, the Shadow that threatens to consume him. Of course her warriors would defend her... that's why we must give them a chance to die for her in this battle first, before we strike.... You are so stupid Shit! It is a wonder our master ever entrusted me to you. If it weren't for my brains you would have fucked this whole mission up long ago. Now just shut up until you're needed!

Almego looks at the great force opposing his own sizable crew and wonders how many more lives will be extinguished before this day concludes. He hears the ravens squawking and it is almost as if he can hear the wagers being placed upon his own head. Don't count out the underdog, he thinks and wonders if it is really himself that he is referring to. To his right and left, his new companions spread out and either faces the charging hounds and trolls from the mountain or the hobgoblins and zombies.
After letting his eyes realize the horror that is before them all Almego finally shifts his attention to the Storm Sisters. He keeps his mind blank as he gazes at them high up on their ledge, but his emotions go through a whirlwind of anger, jealousy, and awe. A strange mixture, he thinks to himself, but real nonetheless.


Suddenly, Mirko’s voice booms over the wind and wails, “BITCHES! LET’S FINISH THIS!” He steps forward and lifts the Burning Blade…and then the ledge where the hags stand explodes in a spray of rock and grit! The sisters cry out in surprise more than pain and then their cackles of laughter ring down the mountain. And as one, the three hags lift their arms and begin to chant.

Spinning the dial upon the Hand of Time again Almego invokes the artifact's incredible power. He wills a Silence to fall upon the ledge where the hags are attempting to draw them out onto the battlefield. The clocks ringing tone resonates across the battle and mixes with the cacophony of the crows like a battle horn making for a disturbing call to arms to announce the coming slaughter. And abruptly, the chanting of the hags cuts off…replaced by silence. Though silent, the sisters are visibly upset – tearing at their hair and clothes, gesturing wildly at the battle scene below them.

Almego chuckles at his successful tactic and then turns to Alison. "The butcher will pay his dues before this day is out. Take care to make sure you're not part of that payment m'love."

She nods absently, intent upon the charging hounds and trolls. He takes just a moment to stare into her beautiful eyes then turns back to the battle knowing that it will be the last time he will be able to look upon her with true love in his heart.

But he really doesn’t have time to think about it because the battle is upon him and his companions! The hobgoblins move out as a two units marching slowly toward the battle, shields raised, pikes lowered. The giant bats swoop in and try to carry off prey. The undead shamble forward searching the living with cold wet hands. The trollhounds come charging in and the hulking stone trolls are right behind them, one tearing into the wood elves, while another one attacks Swindell, and the third comes straight for Dreys!

While Amra calls upon Meilikki to entangle some of the hobgoblins, and some of the Aurilians turn to face the undead while the rest face the northern hobgoblin unit. Samson charges ahead and meets a trollhound in a tangle of fur and claws, but Mirko meets his trollhound with the Burning Blade glowing red hot!
The trollhound bites Mirko in the thigh, but the troll gets nothing more than a mouthful of leggings.
Mirko laughs and smashes the hound with the Burning Blade, once (D10), and twice (D14). The trollhound bites at Mirko again, missing the barbarian. Mirko smashes it again in the back with the red hot mace (D9), wounding it severely.

Nearby Raynal and Shirl tangle with a trollhound and Alison steps in front of Almego and points her fist at a charging trollhound and unleashes a barrage of icy missiles directly into its face! (D28)
The trollhound barrels ahead, snapping at Alison, but missing.

Hoping she has things under control, Almego turns his focus back to the Storm Sisters and spins the dial from 5:30 to 4:30 invoking the dispelling powers of the Hand of Time and centers them on the hags in an attempt to foil whatever defenses they may already have in place.

And then the stone trolls enter the battle. Two wood elves die almost immediately as one of the giant trolls rips one warrior nearly in half with its massive claws and bites the head off the second!
Celadon slashes at it with his scimitar, barely scratching it, and the other wood elves join in, attacking from all sides.

Swindell meets one of the trolls with steel, “kissing” its tough hide, but doing no damage. The troll’s massive stone claws tear into Swindell’s flesh, slicing through him like butter (D11 & D13). Swindell staggers and nearly falls but the trolls claws are embedded in him and it lifts the ranger into the air and bites his head clean off! (D11)
Hudson screams his friend’s name as he charges forward, slashing at the troll…but doing no damage.

“Come to me, ye freak!” Dreys growls, engaging the third stone troll. He swings at the troll, barely managing to scratch its stony surface (D3).
The troll roars in defiance and slashes at Dreys, wounding him deep in the side of the head (D12).
Dreys attacks again, hitting the troll twice, but doing no damage. The troll, however, drives its stony claws deep into Dreys body (D10+D8) and then once it has hold of him, it twists and rips its claws out, taking out bone and flesh! (Rend, D18)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>


ACTIONS!!
(2-3 rounds please!)



Heroes:

Alison – down 11

Almego – full hp
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (cl: 1, 10 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant (cl: unknown)
* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5


Amra – down 10

Dreys – down 51
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 4
Hudson

Mirko – down 9
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone


Raynal –
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Alchemist Fire Arrow (x1) - when struck, the arrow releases alchemist fire
Alchemist Frost Arrow (x1) - d4 points cold damage
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 9
Shirl – down 13
Swindell – dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 2.JPG (43.4 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #29  
Unread 11th of May, 2009, 14:41
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Mirko grabs the burning blade with both hands to better leverage his strength behind the strike and continues steadily cutting down the trolls making a line steady line towards the hags

OOC:two handed, power attack, cleave
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #30  
Unread 12th of May, 2009, 11:28
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 2

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 3 – Hag Battle 2

As the hags disappear from view, the rest of the battle heats up as the scent of blood tangs the air and shouts of battle and cries of death punctuate the wintry morning air, echoing up and down the mountain.
“Dreys, watch out!” Amra yells as she raises her hands and calls a column of divine fire to strike down upon the stone troll attacking the dwarf! (D28)
The fire scorches the dwarf’s bushy beard as he steps in and smashes the troll in the knee with his axe! (D9)
Unfazed, the stone troll slashes at Dreys, but the dwarf ducks and rolls out of the way, narrowly avoiding the stony claws. But as Dreys gets up, the troll bites him in the back, ripping armor and flesh (D8).

Nearby, Mirko grabs the Burning Blade with both hands to better leverage his strength behind the strike and smashes the troll hound into oblivion with a mighty swing (D15).
He pivots to his left, his momentum carrying him five feet as he whirls and smashes the stone troll in the back (D11).

Another column of fire slams down upon the troll, driving the creature to its knees! (D38)
“DUMATHOIN!” Dreys yells, attacking with all of his strength, smashing the troll in the side of the head, bursting its head like a melon! (C27)
The creature groans and dies and Dreys spits blood and grins at Mirko.

Alison unleashes a burst of icy missiles, finishing off the troll hound in front of her, even as one of the giant bats swoops in among the wood elves and snatches one of the young rangers, carrying him off screaming toward the volcano.
Celadon and the rest of the elves battle a vicious stone troll that is slaying elves left and right, while Barnes and his Aurilians find themselves hard pressed between undead, a troll hound, and the charging hobgoblins.
While Barnes manages to slow some of them down by turning the terrain into dangerously spiked stones, the intelligent hobgoblins maneuver around the spikes and come on ahead.

Raynal and Shirl beat upon and get bloodied by a troll hound while Hudson goes toe-to-toe with another stone troll. The young warrior swings and chops at the brute with all of his strength, and gets torn up for his efforts, but refuses to go down; Amra begins running to help him.

Graham uses Lathander’s power to combat the shambling undead, while the great white tiger Samson battles for his life with a troll hound.

Mirko braces himself as the hobgoblins charge toward him…when suddenly his mind reels from a mental barrage – BAHRIM QUAH! WE COME!
Bursting out of one of the lower caves comes a horde of Quaggoth! The deep bears are painted in gray stripes and wield weapons of stone and they shout Mirko’s tribal name as they break upon the hobgoblins ranks, smashing and clawing and biting!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

Almego is up!


ST1 – down – 12
ST2 – down – 25
ST3 – dead

Heroes:

Alison – down 11

Almego – full hp
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (cl: 1, 10 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant (cl: unknown)
* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5


Amra – down 10

Dreys – down 59
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 4
Hudson – down 22

Mirko – down 9
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone


Raynal – down 4
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Alchemist Fire Arrow (x1) - when struck, the arrow releases alchemist fire
Alchemist Frost Arrow (x1) - d4 points cold damage
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 15
Shirl – down 13
Swindell – dead


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 3.JPG (47.5 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #31  
Unread 12th of May, 2009, 17:52
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
A guttural ROAR answers back the call fronm the deep bears, he charges the hobgoblis himself diving in to the sea of battle and carving a bloody path in his way
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #32  
Unread 15th of May, 2009, 07:32
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 3

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 4 – Hag Battle 3

With a guttural roar, Mirko answers the call from the deep bears. Raising the Burning Blade he charges the hobgoblins, diving into the sea of battle and carving a bloody path along his way.
As he smashes first one hobgoblin and then the next, he spies a familiar face among the Quaggoth…and a familiar weapon. Grahym slices the throat of a hobgoblin with the blue steel long knife that Mirko gave him before they departed in the Underdark weeks ago.
The Quaggoth leaders spies Mirko and shouts aloud, “BAHRYM QUAH! WE COME TO YOUR AID AS PROMISED!”

As the Quaggoth overwhelm the hobgoblins, the Aurilians and Graham finish off the undead, but begin taking heavy losses against the troll hounds and stone trolls, particularly the elves who are dropping fast.

Shirl also tragically dies as the trollhound she and Raynal are fighting, trips her then swiftly rips out her throat. Raynal screams and stabs and stabs the beast, killing the already wounded creature.

Hudson and the other stone troll trade blows with the young warrior receiving the worst end of it. He can barely stand as Alison rushes forward, followed by two Aurilians, and raises the statue of Kane over her head. The tiny statue shimmers as Alison summons a wintry helper. Suddenly, a howl is heard on the mountainside as a hulking, white-furred ape-like beast shambles toward Alison on two legs. Its huge hands end in powerful claws and its pale blue eyes are cold and hateful.
“Attack my pet!” Alison yells, pointing at the stone troll. The abominable yeti doesn’t hesitate as it runs and leaps on the troll, wrapping its furry arms around the neck and head of the troll. The two go down in a heap of rolling fur and flesh and Hudson staggers away from the combatants, blood running down his legs and dripping onto the snow.

And while Almego stands there apparently transfixed by the whole battle, the air shimmers again and this time three ancient figures step out of the portal behind him. Almego wheels around attempting to manipulate the hands on the tiny golden clock in his arms as the hags speak a single word simultaneously and a 20 foot cube made of bands of force spring into being, encircling Almego, trapping him inside!
B’Hara cackles with laughter and moves out, heading toward Mirko. Oleeda and Wren fan out, picking targets among the companions.
Almego shouts a warning, but it is unnecessary because the three weapons of power practically sing out, declaring the arrival of the Storm Sisters!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

ACTIONS!


ST1 – down – 12
ST2 – down – 25
ST3 – dead

Heroes:

Alison – down 11

Almego – full hp
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (cl: 1, 10 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant (cl: unknown)
* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5

Amra – down 10

Dreys – down 59
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 4
Hudson – down 43

Mirko – down 9
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone

Raynal – down 12
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Alchemist Fire Arrow (x1) - when struck, the arrow releases alchemist fire
Alchemist Frost Arrow (x1) - d4 points cold damage
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 4.JPG (53.3 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #33  
Unread 15th of May, 2009, 10:46
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
As quick as the strongest winds of Pandemonium it hits him.

Blood pounds through Almego's head like claps of thunder, like mountains crashing down, like planes colliding together at cosmic speeds. For a moment that seems to last for an eternity the youngest Olvander child cannot see, smell, hear, nor taste a thing as his body is assaulted by incredible forces that he can't understand, but are nonetheless all too real. An unforgiving iciness runs through his veins trying to smother the fires that burn within Almego's heart and at the same time lightning scorches through his chest attempting to save it. The Shadow, Yestolf as the young sorcerer knows him, and Valkur The Mighty are having their own battle within Almego and it is threatening to rip him apart.

Brought to a knee and clutching his chest Almego fights for his life while battle rages around him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as quickly as it hits him, it dissapears.

Though disorientated and aching Almego feels in control of himself again. He looks around to see how much time he has cost himself. Around him the battle rages and the blood wages of the crows start to pay their grisly dividends. The Storm Sisters are nowhere to be seen though. Damn!

Turning to see Alison unscathed and finishing off a troll hound with the powers of The Statue of Kane he wonders about her new loyalties and how much this will get in the way of his plan. I will deal with it when the time comes...

"When the Time Comes" a strange voices whispers in his head followed by a vision of the Hand of Time striking Midnight. Again he wonders to himself about the greatest power of the artifact. I should be finding out soon enough I'm sure...

Shaking the vision away he brings his attention back to the battle. My friends need me! Stop daydreaming and kick it into a gallop you dolt!

Almego attempts to draw upon on the power that gives life to magic in Faerun rather than the Shadow Weave which battles to extinguish it. He hasn't use the pure power of the Weave since that fated day in Thornhold where he gave his soul to The Shadow and he wonders if he even can anymore, but he tries.

He starts into the chanting verbals of his Valkur's Shocking Strikes dweomer to strike down one of the giant bats that are plucking people off the ground. Silently he prays, Valkur, give me strength...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ooc: I tried to explain my missing post in character by using the struggle with the shadow. I'm sure it will be pretty aparent pretty shortly that I'm not really on their side. I have a PM I'm sending out to you on my ideas on how to mechanically deal with this struggle with the shadow. Let me know what you think.

As far as actions I want to cast my Shocking Strike on one of the bats obviously, but I want to try and do it without using the Shadow Weave. I don't know how you'd deal with that but I think it covers it somewhere in one of the books, Magic of Faerun maybe? I will move with the flow of battle to not get myself pinned down alone the best that I can. If successful channeling The Weave I let loose with a static sphere at the same one if its not dead, or another if it is. [my static sphere is the 1st level spell, shocking strike is the 2nd level one.])
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #34  
Unread 16th of May, 2009, 16:45
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Mirko Grins as he turns to meet he on coming hag
His boots speed him greet the hag with death
Come on then!
GRRRAAAAAAH!!

OOC: boots of speed, charge, Warcry, stonefire,
I think the total additional damage per hit with the burning blade is +11+2d6+4d4
cause 2d6 points of fire and heat damage (per round) to creatures within 10 feet. Actual contact with stonefire causes 4d4 points of damage and forces a system shock check to avoid collapsing, unconscious, from the pain.
Creatures especially susceptible to fire damage may suffer as much as double these effects. Creatures made of stone take 4d4 points of damage in the first round and a like amount each round until a successful saving throw vs. spell is made, checking each round.
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #35  
Unread 16th of May, 2009, 21:48
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 4

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 5 – Hag Battle 4

While the battle rages around him, Almego fights for his life…within his mind and body! On his knees inside the forcecage, the young Olvander wages war with himself…and quickly comes out victorious.
Though disorientated and aching Almego feels in control of himself again. He looks around to see how much time he has cost himself. Around him the battle rages and the blood wages of the crows start to pay their grisly dividends. The Storm Sisters have moved past him and are about to engage his companions. Damn!

Turning, he sees Alison unscathed and stalking one of the murderous stone trolls. With the powers of The Statue of Kane he wonders about her new loyalties and how much this will get in the way of his plan. I will deal with it when the time comes...
"When the Time Comes" a strange voices whispers in his head followed by a vision of the Hand of Time striking Midnight. Again he wonders to himself about the greatest power of the artifact. I should be finding out soon enough I'm sure...
Shaking the vision away he brings his attention back to the battle. My friends need me! Stop daydreaming and kick it into a gallop you dolt!

Almego attempts to draw upon on the power that gives life to magic in Faerun rather than the Shadow Weave which battles to extinguish it. He hasn't use the pure power of the Weave since that fated day in Thornhold where he gave his soul to The Shadow and he wonders if he even can anymore, but he tries.

He starts chanting the words to one of his spells…when he feels a tearing in the weave as if…a portal is opening. He feels a dark presence and turns to try and find its source.
Mount Hotenow suddenly belches dark smoke and ash sending the ravens in the trees into flight, the animals of the forest scampering for cover – as a being of shadow begins to take shape in the air…
“Valkur save us! What have they unleashed upon us?”

Nearby, ST1 destroys the last of the elves, including Celadon, their leader. The vicious beast looks around for other prey as it rips the dead elf apart, stuffing bloody chunk in its black maw.

G1 flies back down the mountain and tears into one of the Aurilians protecting Alison, killing the young adept easily, while the yeti and ST2 beat and claw each other; but the yeti seems to be getting the worst of it.
And just as Alison is about to unleash another frosty spell upon the troll, she hears Amra scream behind her.
She turns to find Amra on her knees, weak as water. The hag has her long fingers in the druid’s hair, holding her head up, cackling maniacally. Samson rushes the hag, clawing her viciously, but the tiger’s attacks do little damage against the hag’s thick hide.
“She’s mine!” Alison says, covered in bluish ice. She pushes her hand toward Oleeda and an arctic spray slams into her…and into Amra and Samson, leaving the great snow tiger lifeless in the snow. (D18)
Oleeda screeches and staggers backward…and then grins.

Little Wren moves so quickly, that Raynal and Graham hardly have time to turn to see her coming. She flings her greasy black hair back from her face, revealing her horrific visage. Raynal staggers backward but is not overly impressed; Graham on the other hand, screams in terror and slumps to the snow, too weak to stand.
Wren is on him in a heartbeat, picking him up in her amazingly strong hands, and flinging him toward…the eating stone troll.
“There my pet – another morsel for you!” she cackles before turning back to Raynal.

Mirko grins as he turns to meet the oncoming hag. His boots speed him toward the confrontation. “Come on then!” he cries as a bestial roar bursts from his chest. “GRRRAAAAAHHHH!”
The warcry staggers B’Hara and Mirko charges in swinging the Burning Blade with all his might. His overzealous attack actually works against him however, as he completely misses the hag once, twice! (OOC: Dude, I rolled a “1” and a “5” – even with his bonuses, he still missed - sorry!)
B’Hara ducks under the heavy mace and rakes Mirko across the stomach as the warrior passes her, but the power of the Burning Blade protects him from the worst of the damage (D3).
Growling in frustration, B’Hara sweeps her black staff through the air in front of her, laying down a greenish killing fog that washes over Barnes, Dreys, and the charging Quaggoth, dropping them like flies!
As the Quaggoth and the Aurilian fall to the ground to die, Dreys wades through the cloud, barely affected, but Barnes looks sick, even though he manages to stay on his feet

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>


ST1 – down – 30
ST2 – down – 45
ST3 – dead

B’HARA – down –
OLEEDA – down 18
Wren – down –

Heroes:

Alison – down 11

Almego – full hp
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (cl: 1, 10 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant (cl: unknown)
* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5

Amra – down 28 (weakened)

Dreys – down 59
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 4 (weakened)
Hudson – down 43

Mirko – down 12
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone

Raynal – down 12
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Alchemist Fire Arrow (x1) - when struck, the arrow releases alchemist fire
Alchemist Frost Arrow (x1) - d4 points cold damage
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – "0"
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 5.JPG (55.0 KB, 2 views)
__________________

  #36  
Unread 19th of May, 2009, 01:45
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
filled with rage and frustration the feels the the bear caged within his chest tear down the wals that contain him, he focuses the torrential force on the hag in front of him


Mirko will keep on pushing the fight B'hara until either she or he is dead, or something else force him to break off, he'll then chanrges the next closeest hag (NOT going to bear form YET
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 19th of May, 2009 at 08:25.
  #37  
Unread 19th of May, 2009, 03:32
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
The Hand of Time ticks forward to strike 9:30 and the bell tolls again across the battlefield and great power floods from the artifact to form a dimensional rip in the very fabric of time and space. Through the rip steps Almego to appear about 20 yards away... right behind Wren!

I'll never forgive myself for leaving you to bleed out in Neverwinter cousin, but I won't leave you to die this time! Again a tortured vision of Stephen comes into his mind and he adds, Nor you brother...

Spinning the dials of The Hand of Time again Almego turns the time forward a half of an hour and releases a stunning cone of sonic energy into two of the Storm Sisters. Vibrations in the air ripple out and slam into the sisters like a hammer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ooc: First round: Dimension Door to roughly 10-15 SE of Wren. Second round: Shout directed at Wren and Oleeda. I'm trying to miss my allies, but if I have to hit Amra or Samson, so be it. I will not however hit Raynal.

IF I won't be able to unleash the Shout without hitting Raynal then I'll... give up and cry? No... um... I'll cast Valkur's Shocking Strike at her. +8 ranged touch attack (no natural armor bonus) to hit, no saves, but spell resist applies. D20+5 vs her spell resist score for the spell to affect her.

If she turns to attack me I'll go on full defense (+4 ac) and put the defending power of my rapier on (+3) and dodge her (+1) for a total AC of 31! (armor +5, dex +4, shield +4, full defense +4, defender +3, dodge +1). Pretty high eh? Also, blur (20% miss chance), and mirror image (5)

That's 2 rounds of actions. If you want to play out three and she doesn't attack me I'll give her another shocking strike, unless the first one didn't affect her. If that's the case I'll try an Ice Dagger. If she does attack me I'm on full defense that round. I'll send you a copy of the map with my proposed position and the area I'm trying to hit with the Shout. Also, when I get over by Wren I'll use my quickdraw to put The Hand of Time away in a pouch in my Haversack.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow%20Battle%20Map%205.JPG (55.8 KB, 3 views)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 19th of May, 2009 at 03:38.
  #38  
Unread 20th of May, 2009, 10:09
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Destiny – Mount Hotenow 6 – Hag Battle 5

The Hand of Time ticks forward to strike 9:30 and the bell tolls again across the battlefield and great power floods from the artifact to form a dimensional rip in the very fabric of time and space. Through the rip steps Almego to appear about 20 yards away... right behind Wren!
I'll never forgive myself for leaving you to bleed out in Neverwinter cousin, but I won't leave you to die this time! Again a tortured vision of Stephen comes into his mind and he adds, Nor you brother...


And now the next round begins…

As clouds of shadow form over the mountain, the combatants below fight on, heedless of the growing danger…the figure that is coming…

Filled with rage and frustration, Mirko feels the bear caged within his chest attempt to tear down the walls that contain him. But, he focuses the torrential force on the hag in front of him, lashing out with the Burning Blade. He smashes B’Hara in the chest, spinning her away from him (D16) and rushes her again, attempting to drive the red-hot spike through her. She ducks and rolls causing Mirko to miss and then she rakes him across the back (D3) and then bites him savagely in the neck (D5).
Dreys swings at her back with his dwarven axe, knocking the wind out of her with a mighty chop (D11). Barnes staggers out of the killing cloud, falls to his knees, and wretches violently.

The surviving Quaggoth form a ring around the combatants, cheering on Mirko with shouts of “BAHRYM QUAH!” and “DEEP BEAR!”

While Hudson rushes to help his fellow Lathanderian with ST1, and the yeti and ST2 make a bloodied mess of the snow around them, Amra and Alison, and Raynal attack the hags.
Alison throws up her hand and blasts Oleeda with a Cone of Cold so strong that the hag goes flying through the air! (D20) Oleeda screams in agony as frost frames around her limbs and hair…but she gets up and charges Alison, intent upon strangling her at first…and then suddenly, Oleeda changes…donning the appearance of a little girl – blonde, skinny, pouting, crying – she looks exactly like Alison did as a young frightened girl of eight.
“Why are you h-hurting me?” the “girl” cries. “I’ll be g-good. I’ll d-do what you want me to do. Just don’t hurt me.”
Alison’s mouth drops open and the shock on her face is evident. “How do you…”
She begins to say, but the “girl” falls to her knees, blood running from her nose. “I’ll be a good girl. I know you didn’t mean to hurt me. You love me, don’t you, Mommy?”
Alison is stunned and stares at “the girl” with disbelief on her face. Then suddenly, “the girl” is pounded into the ground by Amra, who lunges at her, whacking her in the side of the head with her staff!
The “girl” screams and pleads for help and…Alison turns on Amra, her eyes flickering with rage. Brandishing the Freezing Rage, Alison creates a 10' long, flexible tendril of magic energy comprised of sparkling snowflakes. Wielding it like a whip, she lashes out at Amra quicker than a blink tearing the young druid with agonizing cold (D20).
The little “girl” smiles and claps her hands. “Hit the bad woman again, Mommy. Hit her…again…”

Nearby, Raynal quick draws his bow and fires two arrows at Wren, both striking her; one bursting into fire when it hits (D18), the second freezing the hag with a burst of frost (D11). Wren flinches and screeches in shock and pain, turning her back to Raynal…and looking straight at Almego!
“There you are!” she hisses, grinning wickedly. Then she flicks her wrist and waggles her fingers in Raynal’s direction…and suddenly his quiver begins to move of its own accord…and then white mottled snakes begin to pour out where the arrows were, writhing and biting, constricting and chewing!

Not again, cousin!Almego’s mind shouts.
Spinning the dials of The Hand of Time again Almego turns the time forward a half of an hour and releases a stunning cone of sonic energy that carries through Wren and into Oleeda. Vibrations in the air ripple out and slam into the sisters like a hammer. (D19; both failed saves vs. deafness too!)
The “girl” screams and rolls in the snow, screaming for Alison to save her, to “kill all of the bad people so they can’t hurt us anymore!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Hot damn fellers! I only posted one round because I wasn't sure if you would want to do anything differently than what you had posted earlier. Talk to me!! Let's keep it rolling!!



ST1 – down 60
ST2 – down 55
ST3 – dead

B’HARA – down 27
OLEEDA – down 57
Wren – down 38

Heroes:

Alison – down 11

Almego – full hp
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (cl: 1, 10 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant (cl: unknown)
* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5

Amra – 57/down 48 (weakened)

Dreys – down 59
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 14 (weakened)
Hudson – down 53

Mirko – down 20
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone

Raynal – down 12
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map Almego.JPG (56.2 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #39  
Unread 21st of May, 2009, 07:40
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
"Alison! It's an illusion!" shouts Almego across the sounds of steal and magic ripping through flesh and bones combined with the fevered screams of the crows. "Don't trust your eyes!" She can't hear me... or won't. I have to do something...

Spinning the time back to 4:30 upon the Hand of Time young Olvander evokes the powers of disenchantment and mentally Wills it to form a blanket around the hag Oleeda in hopes of stripping her of her guise. The best I can do for you at the moment m'love... I have my own hag to deal with...

Turning his attention back to Wren he pulls forth a magical dart he has had for quite some time. Before she has a chance to close to melee he hits her up. The dart flies through the air quick and sure and a few feet before making contact there is a flash and the dart splits into many!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(ooc: If she's already closed to melee before the second round I do this instead...)

Almego spins the clock dials forward and the Hand of Time tolls 8 o'clock. A white nimbus of light surrounds him as the artifact's mighty powers encases Almego in a protective field of magic giving him a few minutes of Sanctuary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(ooc: If she closes with Raynal in melee instead I'll cast the Sanctuary upon him instead. Just use above post substituting Raynal for myself as a target.)

(ooc: So... actions are... cast Dispel Magic upon Oleeda and five foot step further away from Wren. Then either throw the Dart of Hornets Nest or cast sanctuary on either me or Raynal as the situation dictates.

If you decide to only do one round of battle again though that's fine with me. It's hard to plan ahead not knowing what the hags may do.

If she does attack me my AC will only be 24 because I can't use the defending unless I'm melee fighting and I won't be in full defence mode. AC 28 if she gets any attacks of opportunity. Just remember to chant "Roll a 1!" while rolling her attacks against me.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #40  
Unread 22nd of May, 2009, 05:50
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 6

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 7 – Hag Battle 6

The “girl” screams and rolls in the snow, screaming for Alison to save her, to “killall of the bad people so they can’t hurt us anymore!”

"Alison! It's an illusion!" shouts Almego across the sounds of steel and magic ripping through flesh and bones combined with the fevered screams of the crows. "Don't trust your eyes!" She can't hear me... or won't. I have to do something...

Spinning the time back to 4:30 upon the Hand of Time young Olvander evokes the powers of disenchantment and mentally Wills it to form a blanket around the hag Oleeda in hopes of stripping her of her guise. The best I can do for you at the moment m'love... I have my own hag to deal with...
And no more has the thought formed in his mind when Wren balls her tiny hands into fists and channels pure dark energy…and sends it blasting into Almego! The young sorcerer tries to dive out of the way, but the blast slams into him, blackening his skin, searing his soul (D25; failed Reflex save).

“What are you doing?” Amra screams, wracked with pain. “She’s not a child! She’s one of the Storm Sisters!”
But Alison can’t hear it…and Almego’s spell seemed to have little affect on Oleeda; Alison still sees herself as a little girl…one in pain…one abused and hurting…a memory that she can never shake. Turning to the shadow was easy for her when she got old enough to slay her tormentors, the men who abused her and her mother. And she vowed she would never let anyone hurt her again.
Seeing that she can’t get through to her, Amra staggers to her feet and calls upon Silvanus…and he answers with a column of flame that strikes down upon Alison! (D29)
Alison screeches in agony as the divine flames burst the protective shield around her. She staggers and then with black soulless eyes, she lashes out with the icy whip and strikes down Amra, nearly beheading the young druid of Silvanus. (D22)

B’Hara ignores the attacks with Dreys and concentrates solely on Mirko. As the barbarian charges in, B’Hara brandishes her staff and black tentacles suddenly sprout from its shaft, entangling Mirko with crushing force! (D18)
Mirko roars in fury and attacks B’Hara with such power that the ground around them shakes with the blows. His first swing glances off the side of B’Hara’s head, but then the Burning Blade calls to him and he raises it high over his head…and plunges the red hot spike deep into B’Hara’s chest! (C42)
She drops Mirko and sinks to her knees with a howl of pure agony. The stonefire power of the Burning Blade melts away her stony flesh, eating straight through to her heart…killing her swiftly.

When B’Hara dies, Oleeda and Wren shriek with agony and inner pain, pulling their hair and running about wildly. Oleeda’s illusion dissipates and her true form is revealed.
The Storm Sisters are vulnerable!Shouts the Shadow within Almego. Strike now!

(The round ends with Almego healing 5 points of damage.)

Next round…
As the stone trolls finish off their respective foes, banishing the summoned yeti, and taking down the last of the Lathanderians, Almego turns his attention back to Wren. He pulls forth a magical dart he has had for quite some time. Before she has a chance to close to melee he hits her up. The dart flies through the air quick and sure and a few feet before making contact there is a flash and the dart splits into many! The “hornets” sting the hag several times, causing her to spin and scream in discomfort (D22).
“Oooh…that’s not nice…my little puppet,” Wren growls, pulling a doll-like figure from within her filthy robes. She holds it up with a black-toothed grin and Almego blanches to see that the “doll” looks a lot like…him!
Wren speaks an arcane word and twists the doll…and immediately, Almego doubles over in agony, collapsing to the snow! Pain unlike any he has ever known wracks his body - his face and hands blister and burst with yellow pus, his eyes cloud with blood effectively blinding him.
“I am going to wrench your miserable black heart right out of your – ACHHH!” she cries out as Raynal tackles her, screaming at her to get away from his cousin.
The doll goes flying to land in the snow and Almego begins to feel the pain ebbing from him. And he rolls over and wipes the blood from his eyes long enough to see Wren grab Raynal by the sides of his face with her black-taloned fingers and time begins to slow as he watches in horror while she claws Raynal’s eyes out and pops them in her mouth with a sickly sucking sound!
“COUSIN!” Raynal screams, falling back in the snow, blood squirting from his empty eye sockets, his limbs twitching as his life fades. “I’ll see you…in hell!” he gasps. “Stephen and I…we’ll be waiting for you…in hell!!”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

OOC: Mirko is up! Gimme actions!


ST1 – down 70
ST2 – down 80
ST3 – dead

B’HARA – dead
OLEEDA – down 57
Wren – down 38

Heroes:

Alison – down 30

Almego – down 20
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier - Rapier +2
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (0 charges)
* Scroll - Tenser's Floating Disk,

* Thin Silk Rope - Rope of Climbing
* Wrapped Cone of Powder - Dust of Sneezing and Choking
* Flask of Oil - Oil of Timelessness (7/8 doses)

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Defences: AC 23 (14 for images); 20% miss chance, Shield negates Magic Missle attacks.
Spells in effect: Blur, Mirror Image (5), Shield, Tongues; Fast Healing 5

Amra – dead

Dreys – down 59
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Vials and Potions: Six vials > Potion of Truth / vial of Holy Water / Small jar of thick salve > Stone Salve; Invisibility
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Wand
Ring (precious)


Graham – down 14 (weakened)
Hudson – down 53

Mirko – down 38
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Stoneskin (DR 10), Strength of Stone

Raynal – dying…
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
2 Quivers of Arrows and the Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Spear +1
Mace +1
Potion of Invisibility
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Arrow +1 (x10), Arrow (x60), Silver Arrow (x5)
Signal Arrow (x1) - emulates a bird's call when fired
Thundering Arrow (x1) - Tipped with thunderstone, when it hits, triggers thunderstone attack
Sleep Arrow (x1), Arrow of Disruption (x1)
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 7.JPG (54.9 KB, 0 views)
__________________

  #41  
Unread 27th of May, 2009, 06:14
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
"You'll pay for that bitch!" Almego screams at Wren while tears well up in his eyes blurring his vision. A red tint covers everything he can see and in his minds eye twists a suffering Stephen next to Raynal who has no eyes. They both twist in agony whilst falling into an abyss that stretches on forever. All the while down, amidst the pain and suffering, they still find the strength to curse his name, "We'll see you in hell cousin!" and, "Curse you brother! Curse you to hell!"

Again a familiar voice strengthens his resolve. Without risk... And this time Almego answers, outloud he finishes the inspiring words of Valkur the Mighty, "Without risk, life is empty. And you dear Wren... your life is OVER!"

Young Olvander turns time forward on the Hand of Time to later than any hour of power he has called upon thus far. The Hand passes along the treads of time and brings the Prophecies of Darnathian the Black to its final hour. Whether this day ends with good triumphing over evil or the Shadowstorm covering all... it will be brought to an end. And probably to my end as well... if Valkur sees fit to answer my prayers.

As Wren closes in attempt to stop Almego he prays to Valkur, I risk my eternal soul for one thing above all my other reasons oh Mighty one... to save my brother from an eternity in hell. If I pleased you with my actions, with my following what I thought to be your will in this life, please deliver him, and Raynal, from their doom and send me in their stead... My life has NOT been empty, nor without purpose... to have served you has fulfilled me. I don't wish it upon them to pay for my sins...

Incredible power begins to build and the thrumming of the clock is evident to all upon the battlefield as the Hand of Time strikes Midnight.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #42  
Unread 28th of May, 2009, 19:46
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Hag Battle 7

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 8 – Hag Battle 7

While Almego is lost is a waking nightmare, Mirko roars and charges Oleeda, even as the stone trolls rush in to intercept him. A Quaggoth, eager to prove himself to Mirko, rushes ahead and meets the stone troll head on…and the troll rips the deep bear nearly in two, flinging body parts all over the snow.
Mirko roars and attacks, driving the red-hot spike of the Burning Blade into the troll’s chest! (D28) Stone melts away from the troll which howls in agony, pulling away from the barbarian.
Two more quaggoth rush in to attack, one delivering a wicked smash to the troll’s back with its stone club (D12), breaking its back, dropping it dead into the snow!

“You…tricked me!” Alison hisses, glaring at Oleeda, fully revealed as an evil hag. Oleeda raises her hands to summon a spell, but Alison lashes out with an arctic spray of ice from her fingers, slamming Oleeda to the ground (D19). The hag rolls to her feet…and turns invisible!

Behind them, the remaining stone troll charges in…and Dreys rushes to meet it. “DUMATHOIN!” the ragged dwarven warrior yells as he attacks, chipping off pieces of the troll’s stony hide, but doing little damage (D6). The stone troll slashes and bites at Dreys but the nimble dwarf rolls under and dodges the massive claws and teeth.

(OOC: The round ends with Almego healing 5 pts.)

Next round…

“COUSIN!” Raynal screams, falling back in the snow, blood squirting from his empty eye sockets, his limbs twitching as his life fades. “I’ll see you…in hell!” he gasps. “Stephen and I…we’ll be waiting for you…in hell!!”

"You'll pay for that bitch!" Almego screams at Wren while tears well up in his eyes blurring his vision. A red tint covers everything he can see and in his mind’s eye twists a suffering Stephen next to Raynal who has no eyes. They both twist in agony whilst falling into an abyss that stretches on forever. All the while down, amidst the pain and suffering, they still find the strength to curse his name, "We'll see you in hell cousin!" and, "Curse you brother! Curse you to hell!"

Again a familiar voice strengthens his resolve. Without risk... And this time Almego answers. Aloud he finishes the inspiring words of Valkur the Mighty, "Without risk, life is empty. And you dear Wren... your life is OVER!"

Young Olvander turns time forward on the Hand of Time to later than any hour of power he has called upon thus far. The Hand passes along the threads of time and brings the Prophecies of Darnath the Black to its final hour. Whether this day ends with good triumphing over evil or the Shadowstorm covering all... it will be brought to an end. And probably to my end as well... if Valkur sees fit to answer my prayers.
The tiny golden clock begins to chime, methodically striking out the time to midnight. Incredible power begins to build and the thrumming of the clock is evident to all upon the battlefield as the Hand of Time strikes louder and louder and louder. At the strike of “four” Wren screeches in agony and staggers toward Almego, black spittle dripping from her mouth.

The stone troll roars in agony, covering its ears with its massive hands, as the Quaggoth also fall to their knees in pain.
Gong!
Gong!
Gong!
Gong!


At “eight” the noise is loud enough to rattle your chest and disturb the snow on the ground and rocks nearby. Almego is on his knees too, holding the Hand of Time above his head as Wren staggers toward him. His mouth is moving, but he isn’t casting a spell...he seems to be praying.
I risk my eternal soul for one thing above all my other reasons oh Mighty one... to save my brother from an eternity in hell. If I pleased you with my actions, with my following what I thought to be your will in this life, please deliver him, and Raynal, from their doom and send me in their stead... My life has NOT been empty, nor without purpose... to have served you has fulfilled me. I don't wish it upon them to pay for my sins...


GONG!
GONG!
GONG!

The pause before the clock strikes midnight seems an eternity. In fact, to the shadowy figure flowing down the mountain, it appears that time has slowed to almost a complete stop. Alison, covered in ice, is screaming; Dreys is on the ground, his head buried in his hands.
Mirko is howling in agony; Barnes, like Almego is face down, praying.
And while Oleeda is invisible, the shadow can still see her and smiles wickedly at her pain. But it is Wren that captures the scene as her little shriveled body has begun to change to that of a…well, to something more suited for her name.

GONG!



When the final chord is struck, there is a deafening silence as the waves of sound ripple outward washing over everything and everyone on the mountain. The air is filled with a magical transference as the clock face becomes a tiny portal. Wren screeches in absolute terror and Almego peels his eyes open to see something that leaves him in shock.
The hag shrinks before his eyes and transforms into a tiny bird…a house wren with misshapen wings and sparse feathers…but a bird nonetheless. And then there is a tearing sound in the air and with a final screech, Little Wren is sucked into the tiny golden clock, forever caged in Time.

And just as quick as the event occurs, Time seems to reset itself and the battle pitches back into motion.
“NOOOOOO!!!!!” Alison screams. “YOU CAN’T ESCAPE MEEEE!!!”

She wields the Statue of Kane and unleashes a storm of snowballs that batters and beats down everyone around her! The flurry of snowballs bursts out from her, slaying the stone troll behind her, striking down most of the Quaggoth, and knocking Barnes and Grayhm (the Quaggoth leader) unconscious.
Dreys tries to dive out of the way and avoids the majority of the damage, but gets hit enough to threaten his life (D14; he’s at -1). Mirko takes the brunt of the damage, roaring in surprise and pain (D27).
Almego barely has time to react to the attack, diving to the ground, but still taking damage enough to almost kill him (D14).
But his pain is nothing compared to that done to Oleeda who is revealed again, lying in the snow, barely breathing.
Alison calmly walks to over to her as the Freezing Rage transforms into a two-handed ice axe. She stands over the pleading hag for only a second or two before lifting the ice axe and chopping off Oleeda’s head.

At last, the Storm Sisters are all dead and gone.
“Well done, mortals,” comes a smooth, powerful voice.
The only three left standing, the bearers of the Weapons of Power, turn to see a being of shadow glaring down at them. It is unlike any creature they have ever seen. “The sisters sent a summons and I have come to collect payment for their transgression. My lord is not well pleased. Payment must be paid in full,” the shadow demon says, grinning wickedly.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

ACTIONS!!!
Please note that many of your items and spells are either gone or no longer working....hmmmmm. Wonder why?


ST1 – dead
ST2 – dead
ST3 – dead

B’HARA – dead
OLEEDA – dead
Wren – gone!

Heroes:

Alison – down 30

Almego – down 29
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier – dull, rusted
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (0 charges)
* Scroll – blank!

* Thin Silk Rope – ruined!
* Wrapped Cone of Powder – gone!
* Flask of Oil – gone!

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Spells in effect: None!

Amra – dead

Dreys – down 73 (-1)
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Ring (precious)


Graham – dead
Hudson – dead

Mirko – down 65
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: None!

Raynal – dead
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotenow Battle Map 8.JPG (56.1 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #43  
Unread 30th of May, 2009, 18:27
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Mirko breaths heavily, not from exertion but the weight the deaths of his comrades bear on his chest the voice just irritates him he turns to meet the demons eyes and he finds a target to release the anger still raging within and looking for release

OOC:if strength of stone is gone he casts again

he lifts the burning blade and charges the demon

OOC:if the burning blade powers are gone he rages and goes to bear form to tear the demon apart
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #44  
Unread 4th of June, 2009, 19:34
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Shadow Play 1

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 9 – Shadow Play 1

“Well done, mortals,” comes a smooth, powerful voice.
The only three left standing, the bearers of the Weapons of Power, turn to see a being of shadow glaring down at them. It is unlike any creature they have ever seen. “The sisters sent a summons and I have come to collect payment for their transgression. My lord is not well pleased. Payment must be paid in full,” the shadow demon says, grinning wickedly.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>
Alison looks at Almego who seems to be lost within himself, and dismisses him almost immediately. “We take this prick together,” she growls, glancing at Mirko and then begins to move slightly to the right.
The shadow demon’s grin grows wider and it chuckles deep within its chest.
Mirko breathes heavily, not from exertion but the weight the deaths of his comrades bear on his chest. The demon’s voice just irritates him more. He turns to meet the demon’s eyes and in those he finds a target to release the anger still raging within. He hefts the Burning Blade…and charges!

The shadow demon waits for the barbarian to reach him and then engulfs him in black tendrils, threatening to strangle the life out of Mirko. The tendrils seek any open orifice on Mirko’s body – his mouth, nostrils, ears. The barbarian gags and strikes with the Burning Blade, tearing out chunks of shadow with his mighty blows, but still the tendrils seek his soul.
“Ah, such a powerful soul for the feasting!” the demon croons, throwing its head back in ecstasy.
But then an arctic blast of concentrated cold slams into the demon, ripping its shadowy form nearly in half! (D53; Mirko takes D26)
The shadow demon releases Mirko and tries to put itself back together as Alison stomps toward it, murderous intent on her face.

The demon tries to plead with her but she won’t listen and then it reaches out to another “lost soul” desperate for help. “Help me, chosen of Yestolf and I will guarantee your brother’s safety!” the demon says to Almego. “Refuse me, and he will spend eternity as the shadow lord’s play thing…and so will you!”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

This is it fellers! I'm posting again for this finale no later than Saturday morning...with or without you! :cough: Josh :cough:



Heroes:

Alison – down 30

Almego – down 29
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier – dull, rusted
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (0 charges)
* Scroll – blank!

* Thin Silk Rope – ruined!
* Wrapped Cone of Powder – gone!
* Flask of Oil – gone!

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Spells in effect: None!

Amra – dead

Dreys – down 73 (-3)
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Ring (precious)


Graham – dead
Hudson – dead

Mirko – down 91
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: Strength of Stone

Raynal – dead
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
__________________

  #45  
Unread 6th of June, 2009, 03:26
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Mirko does not hesitate, with a great roar (warcry) he lifts the burning blade and brings it down on the demons head!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 6th of June, 2009 at 03:44.
  #46  
Unread 6th of June, 2009, 22:14
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Shadow Play 2

Destiny – Mount Hotenow 10 – Shadow Play 2

The demon tries to plead with her but she won’t listen and then it reaches out to another “lost soul” desperate for help.
“Help me, chosen of Yestolf and I will guarantee your brother’s safety!” the demon says to Almego. “Refuse me, and he will spend eternity as the shadow lord’s play thing…and so will you!”

Almego blinks and shakes his head, horrified by some inner struggle. And then the demon screams, “I call upon you to honor your pact! You cannot refuse…the Shadow Within!”
Almego sinks to his knees and howls in agony as his body begins to transform into pure shadow. Without risk…
As if he is literally coming out of his skin, blackness boils out of Almego’s mouth and eyes, shaping into a black mist with a vaguely humanoid form.
Alison is horrified and staggers back from the altered form of her former lover. But…Mirko does not hesitate. With a great roar that causes the shadow demon to shriek with pain, he lifts the burning blade and brings it down on the demon’s head! The artifact forged by the All-Father rips through the demon with divine vengeance, tearing a hole in its face! (D15)
It howls and lashes out at Mirko with a blast of pure darkness that slams into the barbarian, lifting him from his feet, and flinging him backward into the bloodied snow (D12).
“Now…finish him,” the demon commands, glaring at Alison, but instead the shadow creature that was once Almego engulfs the demon, sucking the life force from the minion of the dark lord.
“I…am…lost…” the creature hisses, glancing at Alison who is covered with a blue sheen of ice. “Finish…this…now!”
Alison hesitates, her humanity finally coming to the surface.
“If you ever…loved me…” Almego pleads as the demon screams and is devoured by pure darkness. “I cannot be saved.”

Gasping with emotion, Alison invokes the most powerful aspect of the Freezing Rage, summoning Auril’s Wrath. Within seconds the temperature drops fifteen degrees. The wind picks up and it begins to snow, turning swiftly into a blizzard. Almego/shadowen howls in dismay as the wrath of the Frostmaiden threatens to overwhelm him.
And just before it does, a loud ripping sound penetrates the din and a blackened figure steps into the blizzard. It is a figure of pure darkness with red pinpoints for eyes. Its mouth is broken into a grin and it stretches forth a clawed hand and gathers the young sorcerer that was once Almego into his bosom.
“Come…child of darkness. Together we will – “

Suddenly, a blinding flash of lightning strikes the ground, flinging Alison aside like a twig, causing the dark lord of shadow to cry out in pain.
Both it and Almego turn to see a giant of a man dressed in striped pantaloons and wearing a bright blue shirt and cloak; on them is a symbol of a dark cloud with three lightning bolts. His hair is gray and wild and his eyes are the colors of the sea, ever changing. Lightning crackles at the corners of his vision.
With one fluid motion, he slings his cloak back from his shoulders and draws a gleaming cutlass from his belt. Thunder rolls in the distance and the snow stops falling almost immediately.
“I am Valkur the Mighty and when my name is spoken in faith, I come! I am the Lightning Lord, the Storm Bringer, and I fear no godling of flesh…or shadow!”

“He belongs to ME!” Yestolf hisses. “We had a pact, one that cannot be broken!”
Valkur glances around the battlefield, picking out familiar faces.
“Arise Blue Bear, child of Uthgar! On your feet young Stoneshaft, you will want to see this. Sommat to tell your grandchildren about should you find a stout Dwarf woman who will allow you to bed her! Har!”
The cutlass crackles with lightning as air and healing flow into Mirko and Dreys. Both gasp with life and roll over, heeding the call of a god.

“You cannot do this!” Yestolf screams, pulling Almego/shadowen closer. “He willingly gave himself to me in exchange for his brother’s soul!”
“A bargain that one such as you would never honor,” Valkur growls, “for there is no honor among beings of darkness.”
Yestolf says nothing and Valkur continues.
“Are there not enough souls here for you already?” his cutlass sweeping the battlefield. “Aurilians, hobgoblins, Quaggoth, and the hags? Surely these are enough to satisfy your lust.”
Several tense seconds pass…and finally…Yestolf lets Almego go. “I will not forget this insult!” Yestolf hisses. “I will plague the seas and those loyal to you for eternity. I will suck their souls from the Bitch Queen herself! I will – “
“Oh, just shut up!” Valkur says, raising his voice. “You will do nothing but crawl back to your black hole of a realm and pray to whatever dark gods you venerate that I do not send my loyal followers to seek out your realm and destroy it forever!”
“You wouldn’t dare!”
“I am Valkur the Mighty and I do what I will! Now, begone afore you rile me up further.”
With a howl of fury, Yestolf sends out tendrils of darkness, sucking down the souls of those named by Valkur, taking them back through the rift with him. And soon, all is quiet on the mountain….


Almego awakes with a start and immediately sits up and looks around him. Nearby stands Mirko and Dreys talking to a…Quaggoth…but everyone else is either dead or gone. He searches for Alison but finds no sign of her, instead he sees the dead lying all over the mountain.
He stands up slowly, and then flinches as a hand grasps his arm and helps him to his feet. Thinking it is Alison, he turns to say thank you and all words leave him.
“Greetings, my brother,” Stephen says.
Almego cannot speak for several seconds but then finally finds his voice.
"How did you...how is this...possible?"
"All things are possible in life...and in death it seems," Stephen says, smiling and hugging Almego.
Almego hugs him hard, tears of joy pouring down his face. Then he turns and calls out to Mirko and Dreys...but they don't turn around or stop talking. They act like he isn't even there.
"They can't hear you, little brother."
"Why not? They are standing right there!" Almego says, beginning to walk toward them.
"They can't hear you because they are still living..."
Almego stops and turns back to Stephen. "What? You mean..."
Stephen nods and it is only then that Almego notices what the three are standing around...his body.
"Weird sensation, isn't it?" a strong voice says, and Almego looks to see Valkur striding toward them.
The god of the waves holds up his hand and says, "You called me and I came to you...to rescue your soul. The shadow within had already consumed your flesh. A small price I'd say to regain a brother."
Almego nods and turns to see Stephen smiling.
"I have great things planned for the two of you," Valkur continues.
"Take hold of my cloak and walk with me..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

Heroes:

Alison – gone!

Almego – alive…somehow!
HP: 30; Init. +8; Spd 30ft; AC 19 (touch 14, flat-footed 15); Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7; Attacks: Melee +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2, Rapier*), or Melee +8 (1d8+5, 20/x2, Trident* - Two Handed), or Ranged +8, 60ft. (1d6, 20/x3, Shortbow), or Ranged +8 (1d10, 20/x2, Flintlock Pistol), or Ranged +9, 10ft. (1d8+5, Trident* - Two Handed); SA: Spells; SQ: Sorcerous Mastery**; AL: C/N; SV: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7 (+10 vs. fear effects); Str 16, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16.
Skills: Balance +7, Bluff +4, Climb +5 (+7 using Masterwork Climber's Kit), Concentration +7, Jump +5, Swim +2, Spellcraft +9, Tumble +5.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quick-draw, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Equipment: Silky Black Cloak*, Oilskin Suit*, Breastplate*, Silver Ring*, Rapier*, Trident*, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Flintlock Pistol/Holster, Shortbow, Quiver - 17 arrows, Quiver - 20 silver arrows, Wand Case - Wand*, Scrollcase - Scroll*, Spell Component Pouch, Horn of Gunpowder, Bag - 15 Bullets, Thin Silk Rope* Belt Pouch -Thunderstone, Wrapped Cone of Powder*, Backpack, Water-skin, 4 Days of Trail Rations, Bedroll, Flask of Oil*, Masterwork Climber's Kit, 25 gp.
Spells per day: 6/7/4; (Save DC 13+Spell Level) Spells Known****:
0 Lv - Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Message, Ray of Frost.
1st - Animate Rope, Ray of Enfeeblement, Valkur's Static Sphere, Ice Dagger.
2nd - Blur, Valkur's Shocking Strike.
Current Spells remaining: 6/7/4

*Superior Equipment:
* Silky Black Cloak - Unkown properties, gift from Yestolf.
* Oilskin Suit - Heavy duty linen (high boots, heavy trousers, shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat), waterproofed with flaxseed oil
* Breastplate - Mithril Breastplate
* Silver Ring - Ring of Water Walking
* Rapier – dull, rusted
* Trident - Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100ft.
* Wand - Wand of Shield (0 charges)
* Scroll – blank!

* Thin Silk Rope – ruined!
* Wrapped Cone of Powder – gone!
* Flask of Oil – gone!

Items in hand: +3 Rapier of Defending
Spells in effect: None!

Amra – dead

Dreys – feeling better
HP: 72, AC 19 (Magical Breast Plate +1 (+6), +2 Dex); flat-footed 16; touch 12
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex); Speed: 20 ft. Attacks: 2/ round
Str: 16 (+3); Dex: 15 (+2); Con: 19 (+4) (Base 17 +2 Racial +2); Int: 11; Wis: 10; Cha: 10 (Base 11 -2 Racial)
Base Attack Bonus:: +5; Base Grapple Bonus: +8 (+3 Str); Base Melee Bonus::: +8 (+3 Str)
Base Ranged Bonus:: +7 (+2 Dex)
Dwarven Waraxe: +11 (+7 BAB +3 Str, +1 Feat); Damage: 1d10+4 bludgeoning; Critical: x3
Range/Reach:: 5 ft
Shortbow: +7 (+5 BAB +2 Dex); Damage: 1d6 piercing; Critical: x3; Range/Reach: 60 ft
Ammunition::: 20 arrows
Battle Axe: +11 (+3 BAB +3 Str, +1 Magic) : Damage: 1d8+4
Nice silvery dagger - +2 silver dagger
Bladed crossbow > +1 crossbow; also functions as a dagger melee weapon; no penalty on attack rolls.
Fortitude: +8 (4 Base Con +4); Reflex:::: +3 (1 Base Dex +2); Will:::::+1 (1 Base Wis 0)
+2 on saving throws vs spells/spell like abilities/poison
Feats: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe); Power Attack; Cleave
Skills: Climb, Craft, Jump, Ride, Swim, intimidate, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Religon); Balance +9
Equipment: Breast Plate, Heavy Wooden Shield, Dwarven Waraxe (masterwork), Shortbow w/20 arrows, Battle Axe +1, Dagger, Backpack, rope, flint/steel, etc.
Necklace (thickly woven strands of copper, silver, and gold)
Valkur's Boon: Boots of Balance - gives you Balance +7 and completely removes any seasickness affects or inner ear imbalance when aboard a ship.
Old well-worn backpack > Heward’s Handy Haversack
Ring (precious)


Graham – dead
Hudson – dead

Mirko – feeling better
Stats: Str 18 /Dex 18 /Con 16 /Int 11/Wis 11/Chr 11
Saves Fort +8, Ref 5, Will 2
AC 19/ HP 99
BAB +8 Init +9
DR10 (breast plate of Talos)
Combat stats/Primary weapons used
Bear Form2claws (+16, 1d4+8/+16, 1d4+8) bite (+16, 1d6+4)
Bastard Sword (FlameTongue) (+14, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+5, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Bastard Sword 2Handed-(FlameTongue)(+14, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10) (+9, 1d10+1d6+7, 19-20/x2+1d10)(fire attack 4d6)
Great Sword (+12, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)/(+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Composite Long Bow (+11, 1d8+4, x3 110’)(+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
Spiked Gauntlet (+12, 1d4+4, x2)(+6, 1d4+4, x2)
Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+13, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)(+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)
Armor & useful equipment (if any)
Breast plate of Talos, Bastard Sword (FlameTongue), boots of speed, Great Sword
Composite Long Bow (str bonus +4), Spiked Gauntlets
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Leadership,
Special abilities: Rage 2/day, Fast movement, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Scent
Bear Form: +8Str, +2Dex, +4Con, +2Will, -2AC
Bear Attack: 2claws (+15, 1d4+8/+15, 1d4+8) bite (+15, 1d6+4)
Valkur's Boon: Warcry - this Feat allows you to terrify your opponents with a fearsome battlecry. Opponents must make Will saves or suffer -2 on attacks, morale, and saves.
Spells in effect: None!

Raynal – gone!
Male / Human / Ranger 3 Fighter 2
5'8" / 145 lbs
Str 16 / Dex 19 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 14 / Cha 10
F/R/W Saves 7 / 9 / 2 AC:21, Flat: 17, Touch: 14
HP: 45 BAB +5, Init +4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow (+3 Str), +10 or +8/+8 ranged, 1d8+3, x3, 110 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Spear +1, +8 melee or +9 ranged, 1d8+5, x3, 20 ft (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Mace +1, +8 melee, 1d8+4 (one handed) or 1d8+5 (two handed), x2 crit
Javelin, +8 ranged, 1d6+3, x2, 30 feet (+1 to hit and damage if within 30 feet)
Studded Leather +3 and MW Buckler
Quiver of Ehlonna
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes
Skills: Survival +8, Spot +8, Listen +8, Heal +7, Search +5, Concentration +7, Ride +10, Profession (Sailor) +7, Balance +9
XP: 10,000
Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts
Wild Empathy
Non-magic Items
Longbow (x2)
Spear (x1)
Javelin (x10)
Magic Items
Valkur's Boon: Earring of Freedom (functions exactly like a Ring of Freedom of Movement)
Studded Leather +3
Quiver of Ehlonna
Magnificent Captain’s Coat (pg. 133 Stormwrack) – protects against rain and sea spray, endure elements (cold), reduces wind effects by one step, +5 competence bonus to Profession (Sailor) and Balance.
Javelin (x10)


Samson – down 20
Shirl – dead
Swindell – dead
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 7th of June, 2009 at 01:51.
  #47  
Unread 10th of June, 2009, 05:03
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.54 per day)
Joy, Sorrow, and Awe flood through the youngest Olvander as he walks along with his Brother and his God... but, thankfully there is no more pain. Aside from all the physical tortures his body has taken over the course of his life it is the emotional pain that Almego is most releived to be rid of. In death he finds a sense of peace that has escaped him since his childhood. Looking over at his brother that has been lost to him for all these years Almego begins to forgive himself a little. A sense of self-pride overwhelms him and he loses himself in the moment. Even amidst all the carnage of flesh and bones he finds the beauty of life and looks back upon his and smiles. Idly he wonders to himself if the crows were pleased with the outcome as he looks to the south and thinks of all the places in Faerun he's laid eyes upon, and all the great places he now never will. There is no sadness over this though. I'm with my brother again. And thankfully, no shadow answers him from within his own head. Almego smiles and says, "Indeed Mighty Valkur, life was not empty. Thank you."


(ooc: I added a bit more reflection but decided not to do the quotes thingy. Unless ya'll want to toss out a few of your favorites as well... I may get back to it if Gary gives me more time, but go ahead and feel free to wrap it up whenever you're ready.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 27th of June, 2009 at 03:53.
  #48  
Unread 25th of July, 2009, 00:38
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,837 (0.43 per day)
Destiny...Epilogue

DESTINY…EPILOGUE

“So…what do ye think?” Dreys asks, pushing his empty plate away and reaching for his beer.
Mirko doesn’t respond. His mind is elsewhere as his hand rests on the haft of the Burning Blade that lies on the table between them.
I’m not sure I can do this…

Clearing his throat, the barbarian says, “They…they expect me to lead them to freedom. To fight for them in the bowls of the Underdark. But…I’m not sure I can do that. I’m not sure…is this my destiny?”

It has been two weeks since the battle on the mountain. Two weeks since the companions fought and destroyed the Storm Sisters and repelled the Dark Lord. Spring is coming soon and the grass is growing back where the earth was rent by magic and steel along the mountain. The ravens feasted well that day…as gods watched and even intervened.
So many died, friends and brief companions alike, and Mirko can’t erase their faces from his mind.

The two friends, Dreys and Mirko, have been in Triboar for about a week. They brought the bodies of the fallen Lathanderians back for burial and have holed up in The Frost Touched Frog since, enjoying the good food and soft beds…and softer company. But both of them have been dreaming of dark tunnels and deep bears and dark-skinned elves; both have heard the call of war. And both are very tired of it all.

“Who’s to say?” Dreys replies, breaking Mirko’s thoughts. “Destiny be a weird thing. We did what the witch told us we were to do and we found this here weapon…a mighty weapon indeed.” Dreys hand hovers over the great mace, but he doesn’t touch it. He’s never touched it, even though ever fiber of his being is screaming at him to do so.

Mirko sighs deeply and pats the Burning Blade then leans back in his chair. “I’m leaving in three days, heading south back toward Skullport. I promised Grayhm I’d meet him there by spring thaw.”
Dreys nods, not surprised by this news and finishes his beer; as he sits the mug down he orders another.
“My plan is to liberate the Quaggoth, my brothers in Uthgar, and then…well…who knows! Maybe I can restore my clan…maybe not. We’ll see.”

Dreys nods again and smiles at the pretty barmaid who delivers his beer. She smiles back and her eyes linger on him a moment and then she is off to fill another order. Dreys wonders briefly if invited, would she come to his room tonight?
“Sounds good to me. Ye want some company? I had planned to visit Thornhold afore summer and see about me fellow dwarves, maybe even head into the mountains and visit me family. We’d pass right by there on the way to Waterdeep.”
Mirko nods and smiles and yawns, rubbing his weary eyes. “I’m off to bed. It’s late and we’ve got some dealing to do tomorrow. Don’t know what we’re going to do with all of Almego’s stuff, not to mention everyone else’s that we carted back from the mountain. But I’ve asked around and I think there are folks here who might take some of the stuff off our hands…that is, if we want to sell them.”

In the midst of the storm as the battle reached its culmination, Alison, bearer of the Freezing Rage, just simply disappeared – sucked into the storm and gone taking the weapon of power with her.
After the battle ended, the two companions stood over the place where Almego died – where his body became one with the shadow. They stood and blinked back tears (Regret? Remorse? Anger?) and wondered what to do next as the tiny golden clock winked at them with the light of the morning sun. And then, to their surprise, a beautiful lady appeared out of the forest and with her came a warm spring breeze and the smell of fresh green.
Her face was so serene that it nearly broke their hearts and the two were embarrassed to be standing in a battlefield covered with gore in her presence. But she lightly touched each of them, healing their wounds, causing them to fall into a deep restful sleep.
And the last thing they saw before slipping into dreamless bliss is the lady of the forest delicately picking up the tiny golden clock…and disappearing once again.

Mirko stands to leave and with a glance at the Burning Blade, he turns away from the table. He gets about three steps before Dreys says, “Ye just gonna leave this laying here?”
Mirko turns back and the dwarf gestures at the weapon of power lying on the table. “You keep it, my friend. It wasn’t made for one like me. You and I know that. Besides, I’m getting tired of the beard.”
Dreys chuckles and bids Mirko good night. He sits and drinks for another hour, all the while looking at the great mace. As the Frog begins to close down for the night, the beer in his gut gives him the courage to ask the pretty barmaid if she would like some company for the night. She giggles and agrees to meet him in his room in an hour…”after I’ve freshened up a bit,” she whispers.
Dreys watches her go, finishes his beer, and figures he better do the same, else she might run off afore he gets her naked. He stands up, totters only slightly, and then the beer in his gut gives him the courage to reach out and grab the haft of the Burning Blade.
Fire seers through his veins and he gasps aloud, rooted to the floor as the heavy mace thrums in his hands sending a numbing feeling up his arms and through his chest. Then the head of the mace begins to glow, dimly at first, but then brighter and brighter until the room is filled with blinding light. Dreys closes his eyes to try to shut out the light, but it pierces his eyelids, offering little relief from its intensity. Then, within the light, he sees movement. He blinks the tears from his eyes and see a figure walking slowly toward him.

The figure is a dwarf dressed in shining plate armor. He wears a full helm fashioned in the likeness of a dragon with an open mouth. Through the helm’s opening, Dreys sees a dwarven face, wrinkled and lined with age. Deep gray eyes intensely stare at him and a bearded mouth grins slightly. As the dwarven warrior approaches he raises is right arm and pulls a war hammer from a holster on his back. Its spiked head is made of pure mithril and it gleams with a blue light, bathing both Dreys and the dwarf in its glow. The dwarf raises the hammer in the air and then jabs it into the ground at his feet, going to one knee in one fluid motion; head bowed, and left arm across his chest. He stands up quickly and says, “Greetings, Blade Bearer, Jundar reborn! I serve the Great Forge of Moradin the All-Father, and I come to you with a message from your lord.”

Dreys falls to his knees and bows deeply until his forehead touches the ground. Somehow, he manages to croak that his lord is Dumathoin, but the words die on his lips. When he looks up, the avatar of Moradin motions for him to rise. When he does, the avatar begins speaking.
“As one chosen to bear The Burning Blade, you are also chosen to send forth the Call. The world of man is swiftly approaching a new age, one that will begin in death and pain. The Frostmaiden will take this realm into her bosom and will not relinquish her hold for a time. Strength and courage will be required to renew warmth and life and hope.
“You, Dreys Stoneshaft, have been chosen to lead your Brothers of Stone in the struggle to come. And by the strength of Moradin and the might of Dumathoin you may prevail.”

Dreys swallows hard trying to moisten his throat and finally he is able to croak out a few words.

“What would the All-Father have me do?”
“At the appointed time, stand atop Jundar’s Hill with the Burning Blade held high and speak forth the Call…and it shall be answered.”
“What…what be the Call?” he asks, terrified of the answer.
The avatar is silent for a moment, closing his eyes and grasping his hammer with both hands, almost as if in prayer. In a clear voice, he says,

“In Winter’s heart the Call goes forth.
From Jundar’s Hill across the North.
The Burning Blade brings new light
And burns away the dark of night.
Forged of Iron long since lost
It worries not about the cost.
Hearts of stone will thaw and soar
As Jundar’s Blade calls us to war.”

As soon as the avatar pronounces the last word, a loud gong sounds that surely is heard from Triboar up to the Spine of the World. The sound shatters Dreys and he drops the Burning Blade and falls to the floor with his hands over his ears. The pain is unbelievable and after a few seconds he passes out and falls into a deep sleep. He dreams of fire and blood and death and the Burning Blade held high above the Realms with an army of dwarves gathered around and shouting, "Jundar! Jundar! Jundar!"

Dreys finally wakes up…on the floor of the tavern. A blanket has been laid over him and a pillow placed under his head. He jerks upright and looks frantically around the room. All is dark except for the low glow of the embers in the fireplace and the flicker of flame from a low burning lamp on the table. He blinks several times and then sees two things: the Burning Blade lying nearby…where he dropped it, and a note pinned to his blanket. He gets up and takes the note and turns up the flame in the lamp. The note is written in a woman’s hand and it reads:
“I tried to wake you but you wouldn’t budge. Too much beer I guess. If you wake before the dawn, I will be waiting…in your room, keeping your bed warm.”
The note is signed, “Shelly.”

Dreys blows out the lamp and scoops up the blanket and pillow…and then tentatively reaches out and picks up the Burning Blade. It is warm to his touch but he receives no jolt or further visions. He totters toward the stairs, heading for the jakes before going to his room…and Shelly. And with each step he takes on the stairs, he hears the barely perceptible chant of “Jundar…Jundar…Jundar…”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

Thus ends Destiny…
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 31st of July, 2009 at 20:37.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren