Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #176  
Unread 1st of August, 2002, 00:44
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Moving as quickly as he can, with his movements hampered by the binding net, Itches cuts his way through line after line of the net. Eventual the net weakens to the point where is snaps, and the half-elf lands on the ground with an oomph .

Looking up around the battlefield, Itches is struck at the destruction. 3 of the 4 attacking Gnolls are dead, with the last one facing Maeko. Added to this is the fact that not one of his companions remains uninjured.

Dear Gods, look at this carnage.

Taking a short step to the right, in order to gain a clear line of sight to the Gnoll, Itches pulls back his arm, and lunches the dagger that he holds at it.

Thats it, just like Master Samuel taught you, find the centre of balance, find your target, and then fling.

Flying true towards the Dog like creature, it non-the-less manages to just get its shield in the way, and the dagger bounces of and lands harmlessly in the ground
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #177  
Unread 1st of August, 2002, 03:42
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius watches as the gnoll falls to the ground mercilessly cut by Shade's blades. Once again they stand opposite from each other with carnage strewn about. It was a rather grim pattern they were falling into, yet it was effective and clearly got the job done. What did he care anyway? At least she was putting her skills to a better use than assassinating innocents.

Their eyes lock for a moment and there's something there, something different from the anger and indignation he had seen moments earlier. Yet his mind is too tired and his body is too full of adrenaline to decipher what it might be.

Turning his attentions to the remaining dogman he sees Itches dagger deflect off its shield. At least the man wasn't totally useless even if he had lousy aim.

Forcing his body to move the man races to Maeko's side. Fatigued from his wounds his manages a clumsy strike which would have normally barely managed to nick the beast but he applies brute force where technique fails and manages to sink the blade in a little deeper.

((OOC: 4 damage on G2))
  #178  
Unread 1st of August, 2002, 04:11
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is online!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.88 per day)
Cadrius stares back at her for a brief moment with an expression akin to contempt, though underneath she tells herself that she sees confusion written there as well. Then he is charging off like an enraged bull to engage Maeko's attacker. What the man lacks in grace he makes up for with dogged determination and sheer force.

Men. Why try the handle when you can just break the door down?

She wades in after him, once again forcing the beast to reckon with multiple attackers. Without thought, her eyes study it's movement even as she approaches; the way it parries, the shifting of it's feet, it's preferred feints and attacks. By the time she gets there, her body already knows what to do and she throws herself into the dance. She ducks beneath a wicked slash and her blade darts up in it's wake, sinking deep into an unarmoured chink in the beast's armpit.

It's arm flails back but she is in too close for it's long blade and the beast has no strength to move her. She hangs on as it sinks to it's knees; she watches the light fade from it's eyes and it slides off her blade. It leaves her facing the ever calm Maeko, who somehow looks as if they hadn't just been in a pitched combat. Cadrius' labored breathing is loud off to her side; further off she can hear Itches saying something, though she is too surprised at his escape to listen. She turns her back so she doesn't need to look at any of them and retreats back to the first pair of gnolls.
  #179  
Unread 1st of August, 2002, 23:08
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Maeko stood, staring at the dead gnoll.
Four lives more wasted, and one of them I killed myself, may they be born to a better life.

But she somehow doubted it, they had been killed while trying to prey on others, it was likely their burden would not be lighter in their next life.

Colors and sounds came back in the woods, Maeko, all of a sudden, heard a soft 'pat-pat', like rain on dust, and the sound of laboured breathing.
She turned. Cadrius was standing near her, leaning on his sword but stubbornly pretending not to.

The dripping sound was his blood, falling from his wounded side on the fallen leaves.

Maeko turned away, pretending not to have noticed Cadrius' weakness; she went back to her wicker basket and after a bit of searching she found a small vial.

When he lowered his eyes he saw in front of him the small figure of Maeko offering something:

" You are hurt, brother, this will make you better".

Why his eyes went so cold now? What did I say?

The confused nun stood, her hand outstretched, offering the healing potion.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #180  
Unread 2nd of August, 2002, 01:43
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.38 per day)
Standing there looking at the fallen Gnoll, Itches speaks out loud. "Well that wasnt so hard." Looking at his companions and noticing that none of them are paying any attention to him, the young love struck noble gives a shrug at them ad moves over the most recently fallen Gnoll and begins searching the nearby ground where his dagger had fell. After several moments of searching, Itches comes up triumphant, his knife once again in his hands. Finally looking over at the fallen creature, Itches turns a distinct shade of green. Staggering slightly he moves closer to the corpse. Upon the closer viewing of the body he visible wavers. In an overly loud and strained voice, he speaks.

"Well I do declare, that is a lot of blood."

Immediately after making the declaration, the half-elf collapses in a faint.



(( just when you thought Itches was starting to be less anoying))
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #181  
Unread 2nd of August, 2002, 10:28
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.99 per day)
Cadrius clenches his jaw, feeling the muscles tighten and then relax. Pain was not an unfamiliar companion to him and to be honest it was much better than the typical melancholy that enveloped him. He shakes his head, rejecting her offer, and straightens his posture. A small rivlet of blood slowly winds its way down the bands of metal and strips of leather that make up his armor.

"Save it for when someone truly needs it. I will live."

He carefully, and perhaps a bit slowly, makes his way back over to his backpack and rifles through it for a moment. At last he pulls out a fine maroon silk shirt and tears the sleeve off. Unbuckling his armor and keeping his back to the others he looks down at the gaping wound.

"It's not that bad," he lies as he calls back to them as he wraps the piece of silk around the deep wound. He was lucky the gnoll didn't take his arm with that blow. A harder hit a few inches to the right and he might have.

Once completed he fastens his armor back on, but remains kneeling for a moment. He breathes deeply, attempting to steady himself, and through force of will he manages to keep his vision from swimming. He has lost quite a bit of blood in the past twelve hours and he fervently hopes he won't have to loose any more for a while.

He climbs to his feet, cleans off his sword, and begins walking up the path again. His strides are measured, and a bit more shallow than they had been earlier, he had best conserve his strength if he expected to make it to nightfall.

Last edited by Cadrius; 2nd of August, 2002 at 10:30.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren