Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 20th of June, 2008, 02:14
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Mirko's Quest

Triboar Interlude 1 – Mirko’s Visitor

You know it’s a dream…a nightmare really…but you can’t seem to wake up. The swan beckons you again and you follow. It leads you to a large forest and you watch as a tribe of barbarians led by a cruel blue-skinned hag takes pleasure in tormenting forest elves and anyone else who stumbles upon them. You watch as the tribe, marked with a bear claw totem battles another tribe that lives near a huge tree in the forest. You see the blue-skinned hag slay the leader of the tribe; a leader your heart still loves. The sun rises and you see a battlefield of dead barbarians – members of your adopted Ghost Tree tribe. Your fall over your adopted father’s body – Mirkal – the man who once would have fought the entire tribe for you. Again you ask his forgiveness and again he smiles at you. You look up and the blue-skinned hag cackles in laughter as she eats your father’s heart. You cry out and give chase only to lose her in the mist. You search for an eternity it seems until you are thoroughly lost, but then a large bear appears and you follow it out of the mists and back to a road – a road which seems to lead into the side of a mountain.
The bear has blue-tinged fur and speaks to you but you can’t understand what it says. You look down the road and then back at the bear and now see that it has changed color – its fur is white with streaks of black and gray and it stands upright and looks upon you with gleaming yellow eyes.
Bahrim Quah! It says and then fades from view as the hags cackling laughter echoes in your ears.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

You awake with a start, sitting upright in bed, bathed in sweat and yet shivering from the cold room. The naked girl lying beside you murmurs something and then rolls over, pulling the bed covers around her. You blink at her and touch her dark hair but can’t seem to recall her name. Your head is pounding from the ale the night before and you need to piss really bad. And then…you smell that you are not alone in the room.
You hurl out of bed and reach for your sword all in the same motion. Standing naked in the room, you see a burly fellow sitting at the small table that looks out the window. He frowns and says, “Didn’t expect to see a sight such as that the first thing in the morning.”
“Who are you?” you ask, taking a step toward the man.
He is dressed in well-worn leathers with fur-rimmed boots and a heavy woolen cloak. A bastard sword wrapped in a black scabbard leans against the wall beside him. The lines in his face show his age as does the gray in his thick dark hair. For some strange reason, his face looks slightly familiar.
The wind howls outside and the man shivers and says, “I wish Jaundra would tear this damn shack down and build a decent inn! Hell, she may not have to – this early winter storm might do the deed itself!”
“I asked you who you are,” you growl, taking a step toward the man.
Borth Jhandelspar is my name,” the man says standing up and facing you. “I am told that Mirko is your name.”
“And who told you that?” you ask, measuring the distance between the man and his sword.
“The lady who runs this place – Six Windows – her name is Jaundra. You need to watch how much you drink, son. You’re damn lucky you didn’t wind up with a toothless crone in your bed with sagging tits and crotch crabs instead of Shanna there.” Borth says jerking his chin toward the girl in the bed.
“Why are you sitting in my room?”
“I’m not saying another word until you put some clothes on! Damn it man! I don’t want to see what Uthgar gave you! Cover that up!” Borth is smiling all the while and you flush with slight embarrassment and grab your leggings.
“Better. Are you hungry? I have a regular table at The Pleasing Platter. Figured we could continue this – “
“WHY…ARE…YOU…IN…MY…ROOM?”
Your roar is like that of an angry bear and Shanna jerks upright with a squeal, revealing ample breasts as she looks around the room in shock. She squeals again and pulls the blankets over her nakedness when she sees Borth standing in the room.
Borth sighs and says, “Shanna, get dressed and go tell Diven that I’ll be over for breakfast in a few minutes. And tell him I’m bringing a guest this morning.”
The girl nods and quickly dresses, touches Mirko on the arm, and then leaves the room. Borth listens to make sure no one else is standing outside the door before he begins.
“I was born Borth, son of Mirborn, son of Borthin of the tribe of the Blue Bear.”
You flinch at the names; memories stir in your mind. Mirborn? Borthin? Where have I heard those names?

“When I was still a boy, me and my…brother uncovered a secret in our tribe that few knew of save our shaman. Our leader, the annis Tanta Hagara, was in league with demons and her fury drove our tribe to commit atrocities unheard of among the other children of Uthgar. I was ashamed and when I spoke to my father about it, he dragged me before the shaman and the annis; I thought they would kill me. But my father interceded for me and saved me from her wrath, but not before she gave me this.”
Borth opens his shirt and reveals four deep scars, claw marks gouged into his chest. “She would have killed my little brother too, but we fought against another tribe and he was taken away, spared her wrath. I was banished from the tribe in the dead of winter, deep in the forest. No one believed I would survive. But Uthgar was watching over me and I finally made my way to Triboar and was adopted by a family here who raised me well.”
“So…what is all of this to me?” You ask, even though your heart is pounding nervously.
“You too are an exile, born of the Blue Bear tribe. I have heard stories of you. And you know who Mirborn and Borthin are, don’t you?”
“Yes I do. Mirborn, I was told by my adopted father, was my…real father and Borthin was my grandfather. But if that is true…then that makes you…no, it’s not possible!”
“Yes it is…my little brother.” Borth laughs and crosses the room faster than you can react. He grabs you in a bear hug that threatens to crush your ribs and roars with laughter.
And then suddenly, it all comes back to you – Borth’s face always smiling and laughing as the two of you played in the woods and streams near your tribe’s home. He was much older than you, a good twelve years, maybe more. But he loved you and cared for you when your mother and father could not. He taught you many things about the wilds and he was there the night of a fierce battle of hellfire and brimstone, of demons and darkness, when a stranger, your adopted father, came and took you away.

“So…so you’ve been here all of these years? In Triboar?” you ask, still finding all of this hard to believe.
“All of these years,” Borth says. “Been having visions for the past year too. Visions about Uthgar and the great blue bear. Visions about Tanta Hagara who was not destroyed in the great battle as some thought but rather is still living and is seeking to restore her evil tribe to power. And visions about an underground race of bear-like creatures and how she plans to enslave them and use them as fodder for her evil schemes.”
Hearing all of these things makes your blood boil. “So…what does all of this have to do with me…brother?”
Bortho laughs and slaps you on the shoulder. “Uthgar has sent you to me and together we will stop her and perhaps restore our family honor in the process!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



What do you think, man?
-g-


__________________

  #2  
Unread 20th of June, 2008, 09:52
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko looks at Borth, eyes wide open an expression no living man except Borth can say have seen on Mirko’s hard face a cross between admiration and amazed incredulity, a look reminds Borth when he showed Mirko how to bring down a charging boar with nothing but a thick sharpened branch and a big pair of balls

a wide smile on his face

Borth!

I hope Diven has some good Ale to down that breakfast, I need it!

Borth!
he shakes his head and slaps his brother again on his shoulder as they walk with not another word and just the smile he seems not able to do away with since he realized who the man was
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #3  
Unread 24th of June, 2008, 20:38
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 2 – Guests

As always, the Pleasing Platter is full of people who have come to break their fast on the sumptuous fare created by Diven, the head cook. With a table full of eggs, ham, flapjacks with syrup, and hot biscuits with butter and gravy, Mirko and Borth tuck under like they are eating their last meal.
Sipping on coffee, a treat for the winters in these parts, Borth smiles at his little brother and says, “Tell me about your quest. You rode into town with several companions and a shit load of refugees. How did all of that come about?”
You grin and slap a little blackberry jam onto one of your biscuits, pop it in your mouth, and between swallows, you begin to tell your tale. It is long in the telling, but Borth listens with interest, soaking in every detail from the raid on Beliard to the dwarves at Thornhold to the rescue at Spartan Isle to your travels in and around Skullport. After you finish, Borth sighs and pushes back from the table. “That’s quite some tale, brother. And I have another one for you, although this one isn’t finished. After the great battle where you were taken away from us and the Blue Bears were either scattered or killed, Tanta Hagara went underground, delving deep into the Underdark. She fought her way through miles and miles of tunnels and their denizens, growing more powerful and more evil with every victory. Soon, she gained a handful of followers who feared her power and yet wanted to be near her when she returned to the surface to claim, what she called, ‘the place that is rightfully mine.’ But no one knew what she was talking about and still doesn’t. And yet, she continues to make her way through the Underdark…coming in our direction! My visions tell me and my…sources confirm that Tanta Hagara, the former leader of the Blue Bear tribe thought long-dead by the world, is searching for an item of power that will grant her the strength to mass an army and lead a revolt on the surface world and the tribes of Uthgar.”
You gape at your brother and stuff the last jam-laden biscuit in your mouth, chewing slowly, thinking. “So…where is she right now?”
Borth smiles and finishes his coffee. “Almost directly below us.”

Just then, the door to the Pleasing Platter bursts open with a loud crash. Through the cold wind and snow stumble a pair of shaggy looking, bear-like creatures. Both look near dead; their white mottled fur torn and burned in several places. One is dragging the other and when it lays eyes upon Mirko it growls and almost smiles.
“Bahrym Quah! P-praise…Ursa…we find you!”
The Quaggoth falters and falls but Mirko and Borth rush to catch it and lower it gently to the floor of the Platter. One of the Quaggoth looks dead already but the other’s eyes are now bright as if finding new strength.
“What brings you here?” you ask urgently. “Where is Grahym and the other deep bears?”
“They f-fight and d-die to stay f-free. Gr-Grahym sends me to find you.”
The Quaggoth holds out his fist and places it in your hand, giving you a thick lock of bloodied whitish hair. You gasp as memories of recent events flood your mind…

Mirko takes out his blue steel knife and cuts a fistful out of his hair then does the same with Grahym. Then the barbarian makes a cut on the palm of his hand, letting the blood pour. He tightens his muscles, forcing more blood from the cut, and then he pours the blood on Grahym’s head, face, chest, and arms.
“I give you my strength.” He intones reverently. “This knife that broke through your shackles and has served me in many battles will now serve you.”
When he hands Grahym the blue steel knife, the Quaggoth kneels and accepts in with awe; the rest of the Quaggoth kneel with him. Then Mirko takes the bloodied hair and divides it, giving Grahym half. “I’ve seen shamans talk with spirits and be able to reach through great distances. Through this, I will find a way to reach you.”


You swallow hard and blink rapidly to fight back the tears that suddenly seek to overwhelm you. You stare at the bloodied hair in your hand, rubbing it with your thumb.
“Bahrym Quah…we m-must hurry before she…enslaves us again.”
“She?” Borth asks. “Who are you talking about?”
“The Blue Crone…Hagara – she has come for us at last!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Well?
__________________

  #4  
Unread 8th of July, 2008, 08:49
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
the blue crone…
Mirko murmurs as hi raises to his feet carrying the great deep bear in his arms, and contains the swell of emotions rising within his chest

help me with the other Broth, lets get to a leech to take care of them, we’ll leave as soon as able,
that fucking bitch will pay

come on friend, keep fighting, we have much to do,

as he steps out the door he tells the bar keep
If you see a drunk dwarf with an axe twice his size and maybe a couple of whores send him over to sober up and meet me over with the leech,
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #5  
Unread 10th of July, 2008, 00:43
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 3 - Pieces of the Prophecy

Triboar Interlude 3 – Pieces of the Prophecy

The blue crone…
Mirko murmurs as he rises to his feet carrying the great deep bear in his arms, and struggling to contain the swell of emotions rising within his chest. “Help me with the other Borth. Let’s get to a leech who can take care of them; we’ll leave as soon as we’re able. That fucking bitch will pay!”

“Leave to where?” Borth asks, helping drag the other Quaggoth outside in the snowy weather. “We don’t know where to go…do we?”
The Quaggoth that you are carrying tries to speak but coughs up thick dark blood; he’s not going to last much longer without healing.
“Come on friend, keep fighting, we have much to do!” you urge, stepping outside. You turn and tell Diven, “If you see a drunk dwarf with an axe twice his size and maybe a couple of whores, send him over to sober up and to meet me at the leech’s place of business.”
You follow Borth through the streets, heading deeper into the town proper, and suddenly he turns toward a building sporting a sign with a large frog on it. He bursts through the door and you follow behind into a room of startled patrons. It’s warm inside and he quickly takes the Quaggoth he’s carrying and lays the creature on a table by the fire, shooing away the patrons as he goes. A woman scolds him by name, coming around the bar with a broom in her hand.
“I need a healer quick, Alatha!” Borth growls, checking the Quaggoth for signs of life. “Any of the Light up and about yet?”
“I’ll go check,” Alatha says, hurrying away and up a set of stairs leading to the upper rooms. “Agean? Graham?” she calls as she takes the steps two at a time.

It seems like hours, but it is really only a few minutes before Alatha returns followed by two young men wearing dark crimson cloaks. One has short dark hair and the other is completely bald. The dark haired man quickly checks the Quaggoth that Borth was carrying and almost immediately pronounces it dead. The bald man focuses on the other Quaggoth and lays hands upon him, invoking a prayer of healing; you catch the name “Lathander” in the prayer.
Soon, other red cloaked men come hurrying from the upstairs rooms, all in various stages of dress, but all awake and ready to face whatever greets them; all appear to be warriors. A tall, lanky fellow with head of dark curly hair greets Alatha and nods at you and Borth before asking, “Who is your friend Borth and how did two quaggoth end up at the Frog?”
Borth explains the morning’s events and the young man listens intently, looking back and forth between him and you. And then he looks at you and says, “I am Franklin Blackhammer and these are my companions. Swindell (a man leaning against a table dressed in green studded leather), Hudson (a huge muscular man in splint mail), Tusk (another large man wearing chainmail and leaning on a spear), Boric (reddish curly hair wearing chainmail and a leather kilt), and you’ve met Graham and Agean, our healers. We are Lathander’s Light – we serve the Morninglord and have pledged our lives to driving the forces of darkness from the Realms.”

When Franklin mentions the name of his group, you stagger visibly in open-mouthed shock…as the words of prophecy come back to you:

Salvation comes with Lathander’s light
Uthgar’s hand and Auril’s bite


Borth shakes you and is about to ask you a question, but Franklin buts in and asks, “Who are you and why have you come to Triboar?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
__________________

  #6  
Unread 10th of July, 2008, 08:40
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Lathanders light…

Mirko grinds his teeth, every time a part of the prophesies seems to come in to place he feels like a play thing of bigger forces, destiny or the gods he does not like being pushed around

Someone I know mentioned you

My name is Mirko
we arrived here on Treman’s caraban a few days ago accompanying a group of refugees we freed from a band of frost giants, Amra guided us here, the refugees were taken from around conyberry but I think they can wait out winter here

we’ll be leaving soon though,
Mirko cuts a cuff of hair from the Quagoth and rubbing it between his fingers to accentuate the scent he brings it to his nostriles, looks to Borht

We’ll find our way brother; these men sacrificed much to bring us word of the crone,

he murmurs
fucking Darnathian prophesies….blood is more important than words…

then seems to shake off the sober mood and shakes his head

storm sisters, blue crone…
I have such luck with bitches Ai brother,

a forced smile as he tends to the Quagoth
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #7  
Unread 12th of July, 2008, 21:45
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 4 - Queen's Orders

Triboar Interlude 4 – Queen’s Orders

Lathanders light…
Mirko grinds his teeth, every time a part of the prophesies seems to come in to place he feels like a play thing of bigger forces; destiny or the gods he does not like being pushed around.
“Someone I know mentioned you. My name is Mirko. We arrived here on Treman’s caravan a few days ago accompanying a group of refugees we freed from a band of frost giants; Amra guided us here. The refugees were taken from around Conyberry, but I think they can wait out winter here.”

Franklin nods. “I heard the refugees have already left for Conyberry in the company of a young man and his consort. Olvander, I believe was his given name.”
Mirko shrugs. “We’ll be leaving soon too.
Mirko cuts a cuff of hair from the Quaggoth and rubbing it between his fingers to accentuate the scent he brings it to his nostrils and looks to Borth.
“We’ll find our way brother; these men sacrificed much to bring us word of the crone.”
“How does she fit into the prophecies?” Borth asks quietly.
Mirko shakes his head. “Fucking Darnathian prophesies….blood is more important than words,” he murmurs. He sighs and shakes his head, trying to rid himself of his somber mood.
“Storm sisters, blue crone…I have such luck with bitches, brother,” he says with a forced smile as he watches the bald man, Agean, attend to the Quaggoth.


And then suddenly…the room in plunged into utter darkness! Shouts of dismay and surprise fill the air and before a light source can be revealed, a hissing voice from outside the door yells, “If you value your town and its people you will turn over the barbarians to me. I speak with the authority of the new queen of darkness – Tanta Hagara – the Blue Crone! To defy her commands means death!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Actions?
The room is completely dark - you can't see anything, not even the proverbial hand before your face. Heh. It's killin' time!
-g-
__________________

  #8  
Unread 13th of July, 2008, 13:19
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
well their making it easy to find THE BITCH

Mirko moves close to a door or window where he can get a good draft and tries to tell from his keen sense of smell the situation with the enemies (how many, type etc, anything valuable) he relays the information and prepares to go outside flame sword blasting!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #9  
Unread 14th of July, 2008, 23:05
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 5 - Ooh, that Smell!

Triboar Interlude 5 – Ooh, that Smell!

Shouts of alarm continue to come from inside the darkness, but Mirko knows he best get outside or this fight will be over quick. “Well, they’re making it easy to find the bitch!” he growls, sniffing the air. He feels the draft from the door and smells the heat of bodies and blood in the room, and on the draft he catches a fleeting odor that is familiar and repulsive at the same time.
“Follow me if you want to live!” he roars, charging headlong in the direction of the draft. He crashes through a large window and cold wind immediately assaults him. He rolls to his feet and draws Firespout in one smooth motion, blinking rapidly to adjust to the sudden glare of light.
Cloaked figures wrapped against the cold come into his vision – their lithe movements and blackened weapons and armor betray their origins: Drow!

“Damn my eyes if them ain’t Drow!” Borth growls, coming through the window behind his brother. “Don’t ever remember seeing them dark bastards in Triboar.”

As members of Lathander’s Light begin to pour out of The Frog, hissing laughter draws Mirko’s attention to the top of the building across the street. That’s the smell he remembers as he glares upon the hideous bloated body of a drider!
“You volunteer to offer yourselves, eh?” the abomination of Lloth cackles. “Very well, throw down your weapons and I won’t…drop this child from the rooftop.”
The drider reaches behind its head and drags a terrified child from its back. The child is a young boy and is wrapped in sticky webbing, unable to move. His mouth is free and he screams and cries; he can’t be more than six years old.
Dangling the boy over the edge, the drider points another of its legs at Mirko and hisses. “You want this boy’s blood on your head, barbarian? Lay…down…your...sword…NOW…or the boy dies!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


"Cantcha smell that smell...the smell of death surrounds you!"
Actions, old man?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triboar Frog Battle 1.JPG (63.5 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #10  
Unread 15th of July, 2008, 16:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko walks forward, each step measured, heavy and deliberate, takes the time to measure his enemies and give his friends time to do the same,
he walks to a point he thinks he can be fast enough, given the superhuman speed his boots can grant him, to catch the boy if allowed to drop

as he walks he takes out a cigar and standing in the middle of the street he lights it with his fiery sword, takes a puff and thought the smoke he looks at the drider in the eye….

now….why do you have to be like that….

he sheaths his sword and keeps his hand on the hilt while holding the cigar between his fingers

looks around again making eye contact with each drow

if Dreys was around he’d know Mirko was making himself a target as to allow his companions to do something about the hostage and he hopes his brother knows to trust his gut and understand what he is doing

You don’t have to be so formal, I’m right here baby!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #11  
Unread 16th of July, 2008, 20:43
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 6 - Borth Steps Up

Triboar Interlude 6 – Borth Steps Up

Mirko walks forward, each step measured, heavy and deliberate, taking the time to measure his enemies and give his friends time to do the same. He walks to a point he thinks he can be fast enough, given the superhuman speed his boots can grant him, to catch the boy if the drider drops him. As he walks he takes out a cigar and standing in the middle of the street he lights it with his fiery sword, takes a puff and through the smoke he looks the drider in the eye.
“Now….why do you have to be like that?” sheathing his sword but keeping a hand on the hilt while holding the cigar between his fingers.

The drider chuckles and inches closer to the edge. The boy screams anew and Mirko tenses, ready to spring forward, his mind working to figure out how he will get passed D5 to catch the boy. Suddenly Mirko realizes that he is outlined in orange fire! It does not burn or give off heat, but he stands out against the snowy surroundings like a sore thumb. From the gasps of his new companions behind him, he knows they are experiencing similar effects.
“Sheathing your weapon is not the same as laying it down, barbarian.” The drider hisses. Mirko doesn’t reply, but looks around again, making eye contact with each drow. He notices they are wrapped for protection against the cold and against the glare of the snow. They hold hand crossbows loaded with black darts that are surely poisoned and carry rapiers; they are ready to attack if he flinches the wrong way.

If Dreys was around he’d know what I was doing. I just hope Borth knows to trust his gut and understand my actions.
“You don’t have to be so formal. I’m right here, baby!”

“Bind him!” the drider hisses, and D4 and D1 begin inching forward. D4 takes a strong cord from a pack on his back but before he can reach Mirko, Borth steps forward, his bastard sword raised above his head, holding it gingerly with both hands. “You said you wanted both of us, right?” Borth speaks, loud enough for everyone to hear. As he nears Mirko, he leans down to lay his sword on the ground. When he does he whispers just loud enough to be picked up by Mirko’s sensitive hearing. “Looks can be deceiving.”
And as he lays his sword on the ground he says, “Here’s my sword…and here’s my axe!” Swiftly, Borth jerks a hand axe from behind his back and hurls it at the drider!
There is a collective gasp in the street and a louder one as the axe passes through the “boy” to strike the “drider” in the chest! (D7)
The illusion shatters and in place of the drider and the struggling boy there is a lone drow in a billowy cloak clutching his chest in pain. “Take no prisoners!” he hisses. “Kill them all!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Hot damn, give me some actions!


Initiative Order:
Drow, Mirko, Lathander’s Light, Borth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triboar Frog Battle 2.JPG (62.6 KB, 2 views)
__________________

  #12  
Unread 17th of July, 2008, 05:21
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
a wicked grin on his face as he unsheathes his sword

I liked you better as a ladybug

he lets off a column of fire on the drow (DM) and roof top,
he then moves forward, lightning fast he attacks the Drow in front of him (d5)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 17th of July, 2008 at 06:35.
  #13  
Unread 17th of July, 2008, 22:45
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 7 - Takin' it to the Streets

Triboar Interlude 7 – Takin’ it to the Streets
Initiative Order: Drow, Mirko, Lathander’s Light, Borth

“Take no prisoners!” he hisses. “Kill them all!”
The drow warriors obey immediately, attacking the companions in the street. Poisonous arrows fill the air, whipping by the companions. One hits Mirko in the chest and is deflected by his breastplate. Another strikes Borth in the arm (D4) but the barbarian ignores the poisonous effects and picks up his sword, turning to look at the drow approaching him; he grins and charges.
Mirko has a wicked grin on his face too as he unsheathes his sword. He points it at the drow mage on the roof top and says, “I liked you better as a ladybug!”
A column of fire bursts from the tip of his sword engulfing the drow mage with flames! (D7 – reflex save for half dmg)
From behind him, Mirko hears the battle cry, “For the Morninglord!” and knows the young men of Lathander’s Light have joined the fray. He laughs and darts forward to the attack.

Silently, Borth attacks his foes, wielding his bastard sword, which now emits a low humming sound, with deadly effect. With a powerful two-handed swing, he cuts one of his foes nearly in half! (C30)
The second drow attacks him from behind, driving its rapier deep in Borth’s lower back (D8). Borth hisses in pain and spins, ripping into the drow, leaving it bloody and severely wounded (D11). Borth blinks and gags as the poison from the rapier courses through him. He calls Mirko’s name, but his brother can’t hear him.

“Die barbarian!” comes the command from the mage above as bolts of pure darkness fly from his fingertips and slam into Mirko. Mirko screams in agony as the bolts suck life from him (D25), leaving him weak and shaken…and angry!
With a growl of promised vengeance, Mirko unleashes his fury on the drow in front of him. His first attack opens the drow’s chest and cauterizes it at the same time (D19) with flames from Firespout’s blade. And his second attack takes the head from the drow in a spray of gore (D12).
Mirko wheels to look at his brother and sees Borth on his knees before his drow attacker. The drow looks at Mirko with an evil grin as he draws back his rapier for the killing blow!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Actions! Actions!

Mirko – 99/99
Borth – down 15 + poisoned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triboar Frog Battle 3.JPG (62.9 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #14  
Unread 18th of July, 2008, 05:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko wheels around and charges the drow attacking his brother, activates his boots of speed and Jumps over Borth and attacks putting the full force of his weight and momentum behind the blade
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #15  
Unread 20th of July, 2008, 00:12
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 8 - The Battle Ends

Triboar Interlude 8 – The Battle Ends
Initiative Order: Drow, Mirko, Lathander’s Light, Borth

Mirko wheels around and charges the drow attacking his brother, activating his boots of speed. But he knows, despite his burst of energy, that he won’t make it in time. Suddenly, a searing beam of light flares from the window of The Frog and strikes the drow directly in the face! (D10; failed SR). The drow screams and drops its weapon, allowing Borth to slump to the ground.
With a roar, Mirko barrels at the drow, grunting in pain as another barrage of dark bolts strikes him from behind (D22). He promises in his mind to gut the drow mage slowly, but right now his focus is on the unlucky drow that tried to kill his brother!
He jumps over Borth and puts his full weight and momentum behind his blade as he cleaves the drow nearly in half (C23)!
Blood pumps through his brain and he growls like a great bear as he holds his flaming sword and glares around for another attacker. Time moves slowly for several seconds and then suddenly rushes back in on him shocking him with how quiet it is. He blinks a few times and looks around. All the drow on the street are dead; the two on the rooftops are gone.
Graham and Agean come running out of The Frog, Graham heading toward Borth, Agean toward his companions a few yards away.
“He’ll be alright in a little while,” Graham says as he checks Borth. “Let’s get him inside before anyone else shows up,” he says, glancing at the rooftops.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Great attacks man!

What now?


Mirko – 99/52
Borth – down 15 + poisoned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triboar Frog Battle 4.JPG (58.5 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #16  
Unread 22nd of July, 2008, 09:41
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
breathing hard Mirko and anxiously listens to Borth’s prognosis, once asure he’ll be ok he looks back at the rooftop looking for the drow mage, action follows thought and he moves to climb to the last place he saw him stand,

Cant have these fuckers come knocking at your door and leave it at that

he sniffs the air and looks for signs that could show him were the drow’s moved to, he points in the direction and starts tracking them conveying any pertinent information to the rest
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #17  
Unread 22nd of July, 2008, 23:07
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Mirko sniffs the air but can't seem to get a location on the two drow. The winds are swirling and with the snow and other smells on the street (blood, humans, drow, metal, leather) he can't pinpoint anything. Frustrated, knowing they may return in force, he wheels around and asks the others, "Any of you trackers? Can you find these drow before they strike again?"
Swindell nods and climbs to the roof of The Frog and indicates he finds tracks in the snow up here but they disappear at the roof's edge. "He's probably levitating and jumping from building to building. Either that or he's disappeared via magic."
__________________

  #18  
Unread 24th of July, 2008, 15:39
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
squirrely mother fucker, he'll be back,

Mirko moves back to care for his brother and the beastman,

right, the sooner we're on our way we wont need to put more people at risk,
that blue bitch is calling,

he then asks the members of lathanders light

so we're ya stand?
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #19  
Unread 7th of August, 2008, 22:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 9

Triboar Interlude 9 – Where Do You Stand?

Mirko sniffs the air but can't seem to get a location on the two drow. The winds are swirling and with the snow and other smells on the street (blood, humans, drow, metal, leather) he can't pinpoint anything. Frustrated, knowing they may return in force, he wheels around and asks the others, "Any of you trackers? Can you find these drow before they strike again?"
Swindell nods and climbs to the roof of The Frog and indicates he finds tracks in the snow up here but they disappear at the roof's edge. "He's probably levitating and jumping from building to building. Either that or he's disappeared via magic."


Squirrely mother fucker, he'll be back!
Mirko moves back inside to care for his brother and the Quaggoth. The place is a mess with broken glass, overturned tables, and lots of blood. Needless to say, Alatha, the owner of the Pleasing Platter (Don’t know why I was calling this place The Frog – sheesh.) is not pleased and wants everyone out.

“That’s right,” she glares, “I want this place cleaned up and I want it cleaned up now! I don’t know what you boys have gotten into this time,” she shakes her finger under Franklin’s nose, “but you’re not gonna be busting up the Platter because of it!”
While Franklin and Swindell calm her down, Mirko understands where she is coming from. “Right, the sooner we're on our way we won’t need to put more people at risk. That blue bitch is calling…”
He then turns to the survey the room and the members of Lathander’s Light.
“So…where ya stand?”
“We stand with you,” Hudson says, wiping the sweat from his bald head.
“Yes, you are a sign from Lathander,” Agean states proudly. “You even carry a burning blade. The Lord of Light has blessed you.”
“Yes, we are with you,” Franklin says, walking over to check on Borth. “But I need to know something…why did the deep bear call you Bahrym Quah? What does that mean?”

“I’ll tell ye what it means,” comes a familiar voice as the front door slams open and an angry-looking dwarf barges in. “It means ‘bear humper’ and he comes by the name honestly!”
“DREYS!” Mirko shouts, glad to see his companion. “Where have you been? You missed all the fun!”
“Can’t a man take a day or two and catch up on his sleep? Not without you going off and killing drow again, eh? Damnation!”
Dreys seems to realize that he is in a room of crowded people and asks, “Who are these folks…and what’s cooking? Something smells good.”

After Mirko introduces Dreys and rehashes the events of the morning, including the meeting with his brother and the Quaggoth, Dreys orders a meal and sits down with renewed weariness. “So…the bitch is back, eh? Even in me home at Thornhold, we all heard the stories that she was dead. Damn bunch of lies.”
While he eats, Mirko talks, “We have to go stop her. These deep bears fought her minions to come and warn us. They can take us to her before she enslaves all of the clan and regains power.”
“Where she be?” Dreys asks, gnawing on a hot biscuit.
“They said she is very near here, underground. I say we leave as soon as we can.”
“What about the…other thing?” Dreys whispers, glancing around the room. “The item?”
Mirko nods and says, “Something tells me that the two events, her rise to power and the item, are connected.”
“Maybe she’s looking fer it too. Wouldn’t that be something, eh?” Dreys grins.
“Two birds with one stone, my friend. Two birds with one stone.”
“So, when we leaving? And where is Raynal? He has the statue – he can lead us there.”
(Tag anybody)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Leave us the hell alone!” yells a man at Almego and Allison.
“Yeah, your homecoming damn near killed us all and ruined everything we ever had!” yells another.
Almego expected this, but didn’t think it would come so soon. Hell, they had barely gotten out of Triboar before the people turned on him.
“Go back to your friends and leave us alone. We can take care of ourselves!”
Almego feels Allison tense and seeing the dark fire in her eyes he knows she’s about to inflict death and destruction upon these village folk. She looks up at him, waiting for approval.
Almego hears the laughter of the shadow within and wonders if there is anything at all left for him in this world. His brother’s soul is at stake and he’s trying to help these people restore their lives. And no one appreciates his efforts.
Yes, you know that is true! No one cares for you! Only the lord of darkness, my pet. HE knows and appreciates your true power! Show these cattle what comes with disrespect. Send their pitiful souls to the Abyss!
(Tag Almego)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>



Well fellers - ye ready to jump start this game and return it to its former glory? Let's rock! Talk to me.
-g-
__________________

  #20  
Unread 11th of August, 2008, 06:56
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko points to his brother,
see the resemblance,
he laughs
people say I’m ugly, I have a masculine face!

statue?
last I saw Raynal he was with….pfff… we warned him, seems the honeymoon’s over

he shrugs,
maybe he's still in town

Lantherns light…we have our work cut out for us, damned drows, they’ll learn of fucking die in the class room


he nods to his brother and the quagoth
how are they looking, we leave as soon as they can travel, the quagoth will show us the way and Borth, we’ll I know he’ll be pissed if we leave him behind,
damit Dreys, with you here, now we have an army!


when it seems appropriate, Mirko will fill in the guys from lantherns light on the prophesies, though he still does not believe in them he thinks they might see something in it, particularly the part he thinks mentions them, he tells them about the diamond witch, 3 hags and all
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #21  
Unread 14th of August, 2008, 11:14
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Triboar Interlude 10 - The Freezing Rage

Triboar Interlude 10 – The Freezing Rage

“So, when we leaving? And where is Raynal? He has the statue – he can lead us there.”
Dreys says around a mouthful of food.
“Statue? Last I saw Raynal he was with…pfft! We warned him, seems the honeymoon’s over.” Mirko says with a shrug. “Maybe he’s still in town.”
“Maybe’s right,” a gruff voice says as Raynal and Shirl walk into the Pleasing Platter. The rangers look haggard as if they haven’t been sleeping very much. Shirl pats Mirko on the shoulder and Raynal asks. “What happened here? Who’s that fellow over there?”
Mirko points to his brother and then to himself. “See the resemblance?” he laughs. “People say I’m ugly, but I have a masculine face!”
Raynal chuckles and Shirl takes a chair, sitting in it backwards, drawing more than one or two long glances from the men of Lathander’s Light.
Mirko catches the looks and grins slightly and then stands up to address them.

“Lathander’s Light - we have our work cut out for us. Damned drow! They’ll learn to fucking die in the classroom.”

The young men glance at each other not really comprehending what the barbarian is getting at. Mirko nods at his brother and at the Quaggoth. “How are they looking? We leave as soon as they can travel. “The Quaggoth will show us the way and Borth would be sorely missed if we were to leave him behind.”
And then Mirko clasps Dreys on the shoulder and grins. “Dammit, Dreys, with you here, now we have an army!”

Raynal nods and asks again, “So, what happened here exactly?”
Mirko relates the entire events of the morning and then details the last several months to the young men from Lathander’s Light, including the prophecies, even though he says he doesn’t believe in them. He tells them of Agatha the Diamond Witch and the Storm Sisters and their evil plan for the Realms.
Through it all, the young men listen quietly, and when Mirko finishes, it is Franklin who speaks up.
“I hate witches and hags and prophecies as much as the next person. But if the Lord of the Morning is spoken in the prophecies and we are his messengers, then it seems only fitting that we join you on your quest to stop the spread of darkness in the Realms. Your brother and the deep bear will be ready to travel by morning. We will keep them in our care until then. Where do you want to meet up to ride out of town?”

“We are heading south,” Raynal says without looking up. He sniffs and wipes his nose and says, “I was told we are to go south.”
He glances at Shirl whose pinched mouth tells that she is biting her lip not to speak.
“What’s the matter, Raynal?” Mirko asks, the hair suddenly standing on the back of his neck. “Who told you we are to go south?”
Raynal glances at Mirko and the barbarian is shocked at the look in the ranger’s eyes. It is the look of a man who is desperate, haunted by some inner force. His eyes remind Mirko of Almego’s the last time he saw him.
“Tell me, my friend. What bothers you?”
Raynal looks around the room and asks, almost demands, for everyone but his companions and the men of Lathander’s Light to leave and go elsewhere. Alatha starts to protest but a look from Raynal silences her.
“Perhaps if we meet in a private room,” Swindell offers, moving away from the common room and beckoning the others to follow.
Once in the private room, with the door closed and locked at Raynal’s request, only then does the ranger stop pacing and stand still near the head of a long table. He places something wrapped in a deep blue velvet cloth at the end of the table and then looks up at Shirl. She lays a hand on his arm and sighs and gives him a nod.
The ranger gently lifts the velvet cloth to reveal a porcelain statue of a man dressed in robes, cradling an axe in one arm and a tome in the other. The statue has been delicately carved to an almost perfect resemblance of a man - from his balding head and scowling face, to his fur-fringed boots. Raynal's hands are shaking, yes shaking, as he looks up from the statue and hoarsely whispers, "Behold the Statue of Kane, the First High Priest of the Frostmaiden, the Chosen of Auril - the Freezing Rage."
Gooseflesh runs over your arms as the hair stands on the backs of your necks, and you notice how cold the room has become. Startled to see your breath in the air, you know this statue is a powerful icon of Auril, the Frostmaiden, and you realize that one false move could be your last.
Several of the men of the Lathander’s Light gasp in shock and Agean and Graham instinctively grasp their holy symbols to ward any powers from the Frostmaiden. And if that thought isn't enough, to your horror, the statue suddenly begins to move!

Raynal falls to his knees, shaking with uncontrolled fear, while Shirl backs as far away as possible until she slams against the wall behind her. Mirko and Borth breathe prayers to Uthgar for protection, and Dreys does likewise to Dumathoin. The Quaggoth just stands transfixed by the spectacle like a child gazing into the eyes of an adder! The statue continues to move, flexing its arms and looking at each person in the room...and then it speaks!!


"The time has come! The storm is near! And once again I, Kane – Chosen of Auril, have been called forth in the name of the Frostmaiden to work her will! My bearer knows my powers for I have revealed them to him in visions, but you do not. Thus, it behooves me to warn you: do not touch me! Only one whose soul is as cold as the void can touch me and live! Whose soul is given to the Frostmaiden, may her breath howl from the spires of the Ice Forge! Now, our time ebbs away like the morning frost, so I will tell you how to complete this quest against the Storm Sisters. I have two companions in this war: The Burning Blade and the Hand of Time, the three of us must be wielded in battle together before the Storm Sisters can fulfill their dark lord’s bidding. You must find them with haste - do not delay! Find them and wield them with me in the forefront and you will succeed! Betray me...and the Frostmaiden will have your souls for eternity! That is, of course, if the Dark Lord allows her! The Hand of Time is borne by one whose heart has turned to shadow. He will betray you all in the end. And the Burning Blade lies south of Triboar in the tomb of Jundar Swordbreaker. That is all."

The statue resumes its original pose, but the room is still very cold; cold enough to see your breath and rattle your teeth. An eerie silence blankets the room.
“S-somebody tell me w-what just happened?” Dreys asks, shivering uncontrollably.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Clean your shorts and talk to me!



Mirko – 99/52
Borth – down 15, recovering from being poisoned
Dreys – full hp
Raynal – full hp
Shirl – full hp
__________________

  #22  
Unread 15th of August, 2008, 06:19
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Face red from the blood boiling within him Almego hurls his hand forward filled with deadly intent and lightning materializes from his fist to leap forth and burn a hole clean through the man nearest him. "Take care of yourselves! If not for me you'd be giant stew by now!"

As the villagers begin to scatter and flee Almego draws more power than is safe and lashes out with magical ice and lightning in a fever of hatred and dissapointment until none are left standing, save him and Alison. He looks to Alison, seeing the caring look upon her face and blinks his eyes.

When he looks around he sees all the villagers of Conyberry still assembled, looking on at him with hatred and fear in their eyes. What the hell? Then the realization of his daydream (or rather day-nightmare) hits him. Nasuea sweeps through him as he realizes that he is filled to bursting with Power and just a cunt-hair away from releasing it upon these people, his people. Summoning all of his Will he turns from his people and motions Alison to follow him. Sadly he departs and heads back to Triboar.

To the Shadow within him he spits fire and venom in his tone, The shadow follows those that cast it. But, that is it. The Shadow has no effect on the lives of those that cast it... nor will I.

(Sorry about taking so long. I'm on board man!"
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren