Small Skeleton [GM]

Member: #9466
Out of Character Comments

For all manner of plotting and metagaming
Unread 28th of June, 2011, 12:53
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Alrighty then Josh - I posted your character, but now that i think of it i'll need to make a thread for your kit (all the gear and expendables that you're carrying with you). I think we'll be ready to start tomorrow. If Dom and Spence aren't ready by then, then we'll start with you.

I'm thinking of a little backstory bit with Dal and his elven ranger trainers, how does that sound?
Unread 29th of June, 2011, 05:54
Doghounds
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #9440
Sounds good to me.
And I dunno about Dom and Spencer. They seem to be laggin a bit behind.
Unread 5th of July, 2011, 06:16
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Alrighty Josh - started witha bit of a dream sequence. Let me know if you want me to change anything.

You're waking up - its been a awhile since you left Triboar (maybe a year or two?). You hooked up with your mentor shortly after the incident with Sahlra and you've been training with the elves since. Today is sort of your final exam in woodlore. You're out on patrol with two other elves. One, a female elf named Gweyynneđ, is also a trainee. The other, a male elf named Drubhaugghn, is your trainer. He is not really a fan of humans, but he is the best ranger in the High Wood.

Racial note: Elves don't sleep, they meditate for about 2-4 hours a night and they're fine.
Unread 4th of August, 2011, 21:53
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

Member: #9567
Hello. I'm a friend of Mr P's and I'm interested in playing the game. My gaming background is in DnD so I tend to think (and play) in those terms. I have a few questions:

It looks like Dar is a human Ranger type. Is that right? What race and "class" are the other two PCs?

Where in the Forgotten Realms is Dar's beginning scene taking place?

At what experience level do the PCs start?

No OOC posts since July 4? You all really have to do better than that. Come on! Chat things up! It's a lot more fun when everyone talks about their characters and what's going on with them.

Hope to see you in the Realms soon.
Unread 5th of August, 2011, 06:14
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Spencer has a drow runemage/swordmaster, and Dom has a fire genasi bard (sonomancer)

Right now Dar is in the high forest, on his final exam (i'll forward the email with more details to you)

No levels in hero, the characters are built on 150 points so they are competent adventurers. For a DnD equivalent you should think somewhere around 5th or 6th levelish.

Life's rough for teenagers, what with all that sleeping and video game playing the day is mostly shot...oh no wait that's me... O.o
Unread 8th of August, 2011, 11:30
Doghounds
Unanimated Corpse

Originally Posted by Mr P # Life's rough for teenagers, what with all that sleeping and video game playing the day is mostly shot...oh no wait that's me... O.o
Unfortunately its true.. It takes up way to much of my time
Unread 9th of August, 2011, 09:07
Doghounds
Unanimated Corpse

Mr. P how abouts did Dar go meeting his mentor again?
I remember it had to do with when he ran away. Didn't we say he was my fathers right-hand man? Or did we change that.
Unread 9th of August, 2011, 14:29
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Good Question - The story that i remember (with some additional embellishment) is this: Your parents were killed and you fled Waterdeep (especially given your siblings reconciling with their killers). You traveled north with your father's huntsman, an elf by the name of Sedric (or whatever you want to call him).

You think that Sedric called in some favors or must be connected with someone important and got you, a human, enrolled in Elven Ranger Camp (or maybe a cooler name like the Shourieth Kiigh) For a modern analogy, its like a kid who's got some skill with a gun getting drafted directly into Seal Team 6.

Its even more important in that Druvaughnn picked you as his recruit, and he has announced that he is retiring from training this year and rejoining the elven court.

You've been training for several years now with Druvaughnn, and you've learned two things. One he is as good as the stories say, and two, he absolutely despises humans. Both of which has made your training all the more enjoyable.

Right now you are heading into the High Forest for your last test. You and your partner will be given minimal supplies and tasked with some seemingly impossible task (for a non Ranger). If you succeed, you will be inducted into the Order of the Silver Leaf (kind of like making it through SEAL training) and be accorded great respect. If you fail, well you'll probably be dead so there's nothing to worry about =)

There has only been a handful of humans that have been accorded this honor so, no pressure...

Feel free to edit/tweak/burn any of the above to suit your fancy =)

Last edited by Mr P; 9th of August, 2011 at 14:39.
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 12:52
Doghounds
Unanimated Corpse

Ok thanks! Ill get right on that tomorrow.

I Felt like continuing the theme of Dar having short flashbacks of his past life, like we did with his dream, but not have them overpower the main story at hand. So it should mesh together quite nicely.

I hope...
Unread 11th of August, 2011, 09:16
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

sounds good =)
Unread 11th of August, 2011, 09:24
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Hey LiAnSi - if you want to post a description of your guy i can export your character sheet for you (or if you wants to do it that's super too)
Unread 11th of August, 2011, 21:46
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

Give me a thread and I'll try to get to it. I still haven't decided on a name for her yet though.

And I have some bad news - my computer may be going out of town for the weekend.

Oh and by the way, for simplicity's sake, just call me Li.
Unread 12th of August, 2011, 08:00
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Go ahead and start one under the Principles thread like Dar's. Once you have your description (and hopefully a name =) ) we can put the character sheet under.
Unread 23rd of August, 2011, 06:09
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Just checking in - you kids all right? Anyone need anything from me?

PS - don't worry if you're busy =)
Unread 24th of September, 2011, 01:36
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

Hello. Remember me? Yeah, well, I have almost forgotten me too.

Nice posts in Training Day, by the way.

J, we need to talk about Hanna some more. I know I'm supposed to start a thread... I should be able to do that this weekend. And I'll try to be online this afternoon if you have time to chat.
Unread 27th of September, 2011, 23:59
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

well thanks =)

Josh I started the Gdoc and shared it with you
Unread 26th of October, 2011, 04:47
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

J, I changed my girl's name. Can you delete the old character thread? Thank you!
Unread 7th of November, 2011, 14:36
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Just something to set the scene - I'll have some combat stuff up tomorrow, so start thinking of a game plan.

Josh - you and Gwen have spread out in an attempt to set up a cross fire. You cannot see what was happening at the river. Right now you're following the group (two women bodyguards, one male wizard and a drow cleric). They're skirting the edge of the clearing (having heard their quarry scream they figure he's downed so they're slowing abit).

Lisa - after neatly decapitating the twins you've ported up into the trees to get some cover and plan your next move. You're starting to think that the battered drow will make for some most excellent bait.
Unread 16th of November, 2011, 02:00
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Combat thread is up - i need you two to post to it. Since there is only two of you i think we'll try a post for each segment with your actions (so this first post should have a topic of "Segement 12" for it. I'll have a map up soon.
Unread 16th of November, 2011, 13:12
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

For combat we have some options. We can run it more or less by the book with turns and segments and all that good stuff. The pros are that its nice and granular with lots of crunchy bits. It also give you the most amount of control over what is going on.

On the other end of the spectrum we have a more free flow combat where you guys post what your goals/strategies/actions are and I interpret them and sort of make them happen - more or less outside the context of rounds and turns and the like. This way is less crunchy, more thematic and offers less control than a round by round sort of thing.

Either is fine for me, or some combination of the two. Now is the time to discuss it (and picking "i don't care" is not helpful) or if you have something else in mind let us know.
Unread 19th of November, 2011, 00:56
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

You know me... I don't understand the system well enough to be crunchy. I'll have to go with something the texture of oatmeal, or no, ice cream, yes ice cream is good. Ice cream with just a little bit of sprinkles or nuts. And chocolate sauce.

Unread 21st of November, 2011, 23:34
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

I posted something in the combat thread. I also started on a character description / history in my character thread.
Unread 25th of November, 2011, 10:33
LiAnSi
Tiny Skeleton

Edited and expanded on my character description. Will (hopefully) continue the story soon!
Unread 2nd of December, 2011, 01:55
Mr P
Small Skeleton [GM]

Excellent! And I like the new hair do =)

I should be out of grading hell for at least the next couple of weeks so y'all should have more of my time. Here's what i'm thinking -

I think we'll try a more fluid combat resolution - I like using the combat thread for the tracking of damage and effects, but we'll try lifting out of the regimented confines of segment by segment and see if that will work. So what does that mean for you (the player)?

- You'll need to describe what your near future goals are and then we'll dialogue about what that might look like. After we're in agreement then one or both of us will write the action post.

- Until the action post goes up I want there to be the understanding that you can change your mind. I'm going for more of a feeling of consensus as to what is going on than anything else - this might require a bit more back and forth communication than before.

-