Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 6th of March, 2008, 10:15
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Once the danger has passed and everybody is gathered together, Ursus will shift them back to the Prime Pane. Bleys will keep guard.
  #102  
Unread 6th of March, 2008, 15:54
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Bleys retreat towards Ursus as Tor disappears out of sight, with Kiara descends on the two of them invisibily to work out the escape plan. Meanwhile, Melfice summons down a pillar of flame, torching the skulking fleshes to charred remains, and rushes towards the others upon Ursus' obvious gestures to hurry him up.

Yet another Drow shows up at the edge of your vision. Apparently not willing to spend another moment in this strange land, as soon as Melfice closes in Ursus incants similiar words as Tor and all of you return to the Material Plane, appearing in a field of grass. The sudden light blinds everyone for a moment as you struggle to adjust your eyes to the environment. You realize that you are south from the Witch Queen's domain, as you see Thaymount in the distance to the northeast.
  #103  
Unread 7th of March, 2008, 07:11
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Dwana glances around, trying to ascertain their location. "We ended up in Chessenta, I think. I probably should have warned you not to aim for a more land-locked location. I suppose we should be thankful that we did not actually land in the water."

She grimaces. "Those attacks were powered by pure evil. I will certainly have some words with the queen about who she chooses when she gathers a group of adventurers." The Erinyes shakes her fist in annoyance and suddenly remembers what she looks like. "Hmm, I should probably change. We're back in a location where appearing to be a devil is not beneficial. Just a second."

After putting her wand back in its storage space, she speaks a few words of arcane nonsense. Hacathra Eveningstar, half-elf sorceress, appears instead of the Erinyes. She studies her hands. "That will do for now. I'll need some time to properly change, though."

The elf lets her eyes wander to study the party's immediate surroundings. "I believe there are some things we must talk about. Things that you need to know. But I would like to make certain we are safe first."
  #104  
Unread 7th of March, 2008, 13:32
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"Safe from scrying or people bumbling in unannounced" Melfice asks, "because if it's the latter then i can check if anyone is nearby right now."
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #105  
Unread 7th of March, 2008, 16:30
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
She raises a sardonic brow. "Safe from random monsters or bandits trying to ambush us while we figure things out."
  #106  
Unread 7th of March, 2008, 18:39
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"Bumbling in unnannounced then" Melfice says. Settling on the ground Melfice Begins to chant in druidic.

OOC: Cast Commune with nature to see if anything that might try to attack or spy on us is nearby.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #107  
Unread 7th of March, 2008, 23:43
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Hacathra shrugs and prefers to use her trusty demonic eyes.

She glances around and studies the surroundings. (31 )
  #108  
Unread 8th of March, 2008, 02:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Kiara detects nothing harmful from what she can see or hear. Melfice, after completing the spell, gains more overall knowledge of its surroundings, its geographic, inhabitants, and climate, but nothing of immediate danger to him or the party.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #109  
Unread 8th of March, 2008, 02:47
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
"It seems like we got lucky. Well, now we'll have to go back to Aglarond. As I mentioned before, I can teleport there, but it's not safe for anyone to come with me because...hmm. Oh fine, I tire of this needless dissembling anyway."

She glances at Melfice and closes her eyes briefly, as though contemplating something. "There are things I need to tell you, but I do have to make sure that our druidic friend is trustworthy. After all, he was a companion of Arel and that vile human. What do you think of their actions on the plane of shadows, Melfice?"

[Use Detect Thoughts boosted to DC 32, concentrate on Melfice.]
  #110  
Unread 8th of March, 2008, 03:24
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice frowns. "Arel always was a little unbalanced, but i didn't think she would betray us. Though admittedly i haven't know her for that long so..." Melfice leaves the sentance hanging and instead slips into an almost meditative state in an attempt to calm his nerves.
Melfice appeared outwardly calm but inside he was contemplating punching both Arel and Tor right in the nose if he ever saw them again, and maybe setting them on fire for good measure. crazy necromantic bitch, i should have just gone on with my treasure hunting and never gotten involved with her. oh well that's in the past now i suppose... Damn i should really learn to be less apathetic about things like this. But then what does the fate of a traitor i barely knew matter? all that matters now is we figure out what to do next so nobody can use these artifacts to cause trouble for the realms...that is more trouble then they already have anyway.
Cracking one eye open Melfice speaks up again. "So any thoughts now that our little foray into the plane of shadows almost gotten us eaten by hungry moving boils?"
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.

Last edited by Prince Yami; 8th of March, 2008 at 03:35.
  #111  
Unread 8th of March, 2008, 08:06
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
[You could have actually rolled your save here. Now we'll just assume Melfice failed ]

Hacathra frowns as she studies the human. Eventually, she nods. "Very well, I believe you. Since we are working together, I find these games and lies most tiresome, so I have decided to let you know the real me."

I wonder if this is a good idea. Probably not, but I don't want to keep thinking up lies for my allies when I need to think up lies for our enemies. Working with others is hard work. At least these guys seem more trustworthy than Arel and that insane priest. Actually, most beings I have met in my life were more trustworthy than those two. That's quite sad.

The multi-faced woman dismisses her ability and appears as an Erinyes again. "Now, I need you to keep in mind that I am quite different from most beings of my race and do work for Tyr. Also, the queen of Aglarond is fully aware of my identity and trusts me. So please, do not attack me before I have a chance to explain."

After removing the few disguise components she needs to look like Dwana the Erinyes, Kiara the Succubus is visible in her demonic form. She smiles her best non-threatening smile. "My name is Kiara. This is the real me."
  #112  
Unread 8th of March, 2008, 13:44
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
[no so much failed as i didn't bother to try. Melfice doesn't care if anyone reads his thoughts when he's considering ranting them out loud ]

Rontou snarls at Kiara but Melfice silences him with a reassuring pat on the head. "Easy boy, she earned the benefit of the doubt. Though perhaps you should explain plainly rather then beating around the bush.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #113  
Unread 11th of March, 2008, 03:16
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Yes, please be plain" says Bleys as he removes the continual light stone from his helmet and puts it back into a little pouch. Signing he seems rather displeased that things have not progressed anywhere, other than finding out the actual identify of a supposed ally.

Ursus in the meantime is checking out the others to figure out how hurt they are an if he can do anything about the vileness that seems to have penetrated into most of them.

[OOC: Is there any way to take care of the 'vile' damage that is 'Cure' resistant?]
  #114  
Unread 11th of March, 2008, 04:20
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Ursus finds that existing wounds that he can mend with his spells are limited to those of regular damage. The remaining damage, which he understands and recongizes to be vile damage, can only be healed in a consecreted area.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #115  
Unread 11th of March, 2008, 05:07
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Kiara clears her throat dramatically and grins cutely. "I thank you for not trying to kill me. Well, then, let's talk about little old me. Yes, I am a demon. A Tanar'ri of the Succubus variety, to be more precise. You may have heard of us." She winks at the three males and the growly dog-type creature.

Kiara frowns before continuing. "I still have to get used to acting seriously. I don't mean to offend, certain parts of my nature are simply more difficult to overcome than others. Yes, I was born a creature of evil. Yes, I wreaked havoc on countless people. However, I am no longer that being. A paladin made me see the error of my ways. To be more precise, he did so by hitting me over the head with a magic item that completely reversed my moral compass."

The demoness idly flips her silky hair while reminiscing. "I suddenly realized how horrible the things I did were. I did consider killing myself, but the priests of Tyr helped me figure out that it would be more productive for me to start working to atone for my crimes by assisting others. The search for these mythals is my first real quest towards that goal."

Kiara's eyes start blazing a fierce demonic red as she seemingly builds up steam in her monologue. "I've seen what the power of the mythals can do. I saw what happened to Karsus and his followers. I saw what remains of his city. Sadly, many mortals are incapable or unwilling to learn from the past. I will do what I can to stop them. This power must never be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. If at all possible, it should be destroyed."

"Well, it would appear that I got sidetracked. Sorry about that." Kiara almost appears to blush from embarrassment. "Anyway, the church of Tyr knows my true identity and I work for them. The queen of Aglarond also knows who I am. I generally work better alone, but for this task, it seems that it would be prudent to rely on strength in numbers. After all, I died once before while trying to locate one of the mythals. Nasty bit of business, that. Regardless, now that you know what I was, do you think you can work with me?" The Succubus goes back to flashing one of her many cute smiles.
  #116  
Unread 13th of March, 2008, 04:39
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys looks at her for several seconds and then says, "Your serious, about that last question, right? Well I don't really care as long as we get the job done. Good, bad, or ugly, anybody that has betrayed me in the past has ended up very dead. If nobody else has any objections, I think we should find some means of removing this nasty resistant blight that is upon most of us."

Chiming in, Ursus states, "We would have to find holy ground, a place of consecration in order to do that. Anybody have any idea where the closest locaton would be?"
  #117  
Unread 13th of March, 2008, 05:20
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Kiara shrugs. "This...stuff is indeed vile. I think I'll just ask Mezro to get rid of it. He's the head priest of the temple of Tyr in Waterdeep. I'm sure they have a holy site in the area."

She pauses and frowns. "Wait a moment. You guys can't teleport, can you? And I can't take passengers along when I teleport...this is going to be extremely inefficient. Can you at least skip onto the ethereal plane whenever you desire? On second thought, don't answer that. I don't want to get more depressed."

The Succubus ponders the dilemma at hand for a few moments. "Okay, here's my suggestion. Just a suggestion, not a magical suggestion, don't worry. I will go to Waterdeep and try to get some healing from the church of Tyr. I am really not feeling too healthy right now, and I do believe I need the healing most. I'm a diplomat and negotiator (and seductress), not a fighter. I believe in making love rather than war...primarily because I have no talent for war. Back to my suggestion. Once Mezro heals me, I will ask him about holy sites in the Chessenta area and return here with that information so that we can go get the rest of you healed up. If he doesn't know of any holy sites here, I'll go to Aglarond and ask the queen to lend us the services of a teleporting mage so that we may all go to waterdeep and get healed by Mezro at whatever holy site the church of Tyr may have there. How does that sound?"
  #118  
Unread 14th of March, 2008, 06:25
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
At length Melfice just shrugs. "With all the strange things happening to me of late i suppose trusting you isn't to much of a stretch." Melfice grins. "You know I never really thought of myself as the hero type. I'm more of a treasure hunter. But as i said before this is important so I'll see it through to the end. Maybe I'll write a song about it if we have to travel the old fashioned way. Teleporting around may be efficient and even dramatic but it gives me the creeps and is far from a neccecity."
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #119  
Unread 15th of March, 2008, 04:08
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys does some quick mental calculations concerning area, air, and size of the party to see if they would all fit into a portable hole.

"I might have another option and yes, when I really have to, I can teleport to certain destinations of which Waterdeep is one. However, I will not be able to return here."

Ursus can be heard signing as he knows exactly what Bleys is about to suggest, But is there room?
  #120  
Unread 15th of March, 2008, 05:22
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Kiara shrugs. "I don't see why we would need to return here anyway, if you can transport us all. This is just a random spot in Chessenta that plane shifting dropped us in. I think Waterdeep is the best bet. They have all sorts of temples, so even if the temple of Tyr doesn't have a suitable holy place available, I'm sure we can find one nearby."
  #121  
Unread 15th of March, 2008, 13:21
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"I'm willing to listen to any suggestions you might have" Melfice says.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #122  
Unread 25th of March, 2008, 12:57
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Well, I have an extra-dimensional storage that will allow you all to stay in while I transport myself to our destination." Bleys retrieves an inky black fold of fabrics and opens it. "There is no air in it, but you need but to hold your breath for a few seconds before I open it again after my arrival."
  #123  
Unread 25th of March, 2008, 15:45
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Kiara raises an eyebrow. "Well, that will work. What ability do you possess that would allow you to transport to Waterdeep?"
  #124  
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 01:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Bleys gestures at his helmet, "I simply have a device that would allow me to transport myself via Teleport."
  #125  
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 02:44
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Kiara blinks, flabbergasted. "Er...ah...yes, I see...are you aware of the dangers involved in the use of such a device? That spell is quite inaccurate. It can easily strand you far away from your destination, or even kill you by making you appear inside a wall or beneath the surface."

Mortals! Don't they know anything? Such fools, to risk their lives so recklessly.

Outwardly, the Succubus smiles as she composes her thoughts. "Your idea is a good one, but I would like to propose a slight amendment. Instead of you doing the teleporting with your helmet, which could potentially leave us stranded even if you are familiar with our destination, I suggest that I handle the transportation via my superior innate teleportation ability. My ability works flawlessly without any chance for error. Besides, I am quite familiar with the temple of Tyr in Waterdeep and could easily take us directly to the entrance. Well, I could teleport us directly inside, I suppose, but they tend to frown on that sort of behavior, as I have been told repeatedly."

Suddenly remembering that she is currently in her Succubus form, Kiara quickly changes shape to look like Karin Thornhill, a plain-looking human with short blonde hair. "Good thing I remembered to do this. This me actually does come from Waterdeep. Her name is Karin." The formerly demonic-looking woman nods. "I do need the healers to take a look at me to study the wounds, but I wouldn't want random guards to attack me on sight. Quite troublesome, that."

The human frowns and interrupts her monologue briefly. "Anyway, I realize that you may not trust me, but this truly is the safest way for us to reach our destination. I swear it on the bones of Karsus and his followers." Karin ends her speech with a grin, happy that she came upon something suitably impressive to swear upon.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren