Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 07:35
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Before the others get to carried away Bleys feels it necessary to make a comment, "There is another possibility...the so called rift could have been a cover up, as it were, for something much simpler. They could have just taken him to the corresponding location in the Prime Material Plane. The 'Rift' might have been needed to pull him out of his transport/teleport to Silverymoon."

Pointing out a spot roughly in the middle of the great northern desert, Bleys is asserting that this might be an even simpler explanation.

"Who or what would take him there, unwillingly, and what they are going to do with him is up for conjecture. However, if you wanted a place without very many prying eyes on the PM thats a good place to be, despite the inherent dangers."

What do you think Ulto?

Last edited by Thanos; 24th of January, 2008 at 07:40.
  #27  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 07:48
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane frowns at the mortal warrior. "I'm sure if it were something that simple, the other investigations would have turned something up. Astral travel is quite reliable and not that easy to interrupt once it has begun."

"As for my contact," she nods to the elf, "his name is unimportant right now. If he has time, I can introduce him. If he's away on a job, knowing his name is pointless. No offense to any of you, but I don't know you yet. The queen invited us all here, which is good enough for me to work with you. However, I do hold the identities of my contacts to higher standards of confidentiality. So if you don't mind, I'll just go to his house and see if he's around, and if he isn't, we'll think of an alternative when I get back."
  #28  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 07:56
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
"That's a possibility... Bleys? Although it does seem unlikely. It may be prudent to examine that as well, however."

As Eliane explains her reasons for keeping her contact private, Arel remains silent, her expression rapidly changing from annoyed, to amused, then to bemused.

Suit yourself, I don't care, she thought. What's your real aim, I wonder...?

Last edited by LeadPal; 24th of January, 2008 at 08:23. Reason: tense shifts
  #29  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 08:09
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice keeps his expression carefully neutral through it all. "Fair enough" he says at length. "Reguardless it would be prudent to investigate all leads no matter how minor they may seem at the time".
"Eliane, since this friend of yours seems to be our best shot at getting any information from the shades perhaps you should speak with him while the rest of us investigate the desert". Melfice indicates Arel, "It shouldn't be that hard to get there considering my companions aptitude for teleportation. Though if we do decide on that course scrying the area would be prudent before doing so" Melfice grins, "ending up inside a wall is not pleasant, believe me, we know".
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #30  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 08:17
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane bemusedly smiles at Arel's bemused expression. At least she looks much cuter like that than with the surly look from before. The thief stands up. "Right. I'm off then to see if Phil is home. I'll be right back."

She blows a kiss in the general direction of Arel and Bleys before wandering out of the door. Eliane repeats her bizarre arcane gestures and mumblings, and, quite shockingly, finds that the faux incantation actually worked and teleported her. This is before she realizes that she automatically used her innate power. She shrugs and enters the portal to Sigil.

In the city of doors, she teleports to a specific door, namely the one to the home of her old friend Phillinade. She speaks the silly password, knocks once for good measure, and enters. "Phil? Are you home this time?" she asks in a loud voice.
  #31  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 16:30
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(Kiara)

Unfortunately, you do not receive any answers even after a long wait. Whether or not the time actually qualify as a long wait to others, you are not sure, but you certainly think it's been a long time. Forcing yourself to wait longer as you know your own attention span may or may not be suitable at the waiting game, you have come to the conclusion that the one you seek is indeed not home. You hear no sounds of movement inside, nor can you see anything through the veiled windows.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 16:36
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane frowns. I'm definitely starting to get worried about him. Oh well, Phil can take of himself. Time to go back to my new friends.

Eliane takes a piece of paper from the psion's stash of papers for research. On it, she writes 'Me and some new people I don't know yet and who don't really know me got a job to look for someone who was possibly abducted during astral travel. We could use your skills for tracking, but it would probably involve travel to Toril and its weird gods. Let me know if you get back within a few days and are interested. Best, the person you tried to have resurrected in the temple of Helm.' Eliane adds the current date and leaves Phil's simple dwelling.

She heads back to the portal, returns to Toril and teleports back just outside the meeting room. After entering, she shrugs. "He wasn't home. Guess his services are in high demand. I left a note. Should we go check out the area by ourselves, then?"

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 25th of January, 2008 at 06:21. Reason: Added the note she left
  #33  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 04:56
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
I do not have any other information that I can give you concerning this matter Bleys. Your guess is about what I would have come up with as well. Perhaps Ursus, who is waiting somewhere outside might have a better idea. Certainly he has access to the spells necessary to look into the desert. However, the amount of time that has past would most likely have covered up any easily found traces. says Ulto through their telepathic connection.

"Did the Witch Queen actually ask us to do anything. It seems that all she wanted was whatever information we might know or easily find out. No offense, but other than perhaps some fame and loot, is there anything in this for us?"

Everybody can easily understand where Bleys is going with his line of reasoning, being the General of a mercenary company he likely has much better things to be doing.
  #34  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 06:13
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Arel can't help but smile at Bleys. Hah! As if the Witch Queen has the most to gain here!

"But, Bleys, aren't you the least bit concerned about what could happen here?" Arel says, as sweetly as possible. "Karsus' Avatar is very dangerous... you realize what could happen if the wrong people gained access to it, don't you? Surely isn't that reason enough to follow this?"
  #35  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 08:03
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane stares incredulously at the only person in the room who showed up as having a noble aura and starts to think her ability may have played tricks on her. She jumps out of her chair.

"You're asking what's in it for us? I thought you a better person than that. The last time Karsus' Avatar was cast, cities were destroyed! An entire civilization was wiped out! A GODDESS had to sacrifice herself just to keep the world going!"

The human slowly calms herself and sits down in her chair again before continuing. "I wouldn't even trust the Witch Queen with that power. No offense, in case you're eavesdropping. I certainly wouldn't trust myself with that power. And now, someone unknown with uncertain objectives has the ability to research it and possibly use it. Karsus' Avater must never be used again. It is utter foolishness to even try. Sadly, mortals are often blinded by the promises of easy power and fall prey without seeing the danger."

She pauses and flashes a quick smile. "Mortals like us. Now, we have a chance to do something truly helpful that benefits everyone in the long run and could save many thousands of lives and the very fabric of our world itself, and you ask if there's anything in this for us other than some fame and loot? Frankly, I have met demons who were less selfish than that." The young humans frowns.

"The queen would not have invited you here if she hadn't believed you capable of being helpful, so I do think there is hope for you. This is a unique chance to perform an incredible service for all of Toril." Eliane rummages in her belt pockets and pulls something out. "You wanted something beyond the potential loot and fame, I believe." She holds a single gold piece in her hand, places it on the table, and slides it over to Bleys. "This is what I am offering to hire you for this quest, mercenary. What do you say?"
  #36  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 08:32
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Long-winded, melodramatic, and naive, Arel thinks to herself, as Eliane enters her rant. And furthermore, very condescending. But at least she's passionate, and evidently, a powerful and well-connected sorceress. When I return to Mezzapentia, I'll have to inform Tor.

Again, Arel allows Eliane to speak as much as she wishes, adding nothing but silence when she finishes.
  #37  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 09:27
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Completely serious Bleys says, "Your serious?"

When the reactions from the group denote that she is accurate he continues, "I swear, I miss having a high level wizard around to tell me these kinds of things about the ancient past and the massively stupid things that happened back then."

"My apologies, I assumed I was brought here for my limited knowledge of the Anuaroch as I followed some Zent along their Black Road once. I did not know what this Karsus' Avatar was all about. Truly, if such a thing exists it should be destroyed."

I had wondered why the Council had pulled me from my last mission. I wish all these high stinking wizards would stop being so secretive and actually tell we less magically adept people what is going on, in detail. Then again the Witch Queen likely pulled some favors to get me online here so that the Council would get involved. They are the descendants of the Netheril, so getting them involved with their old homeland is certainly something they would be loath to do, so they sent me instead. How did I get myself involved with all this again....oh yes, I was a slave in Thay, escaped, crossed the Sea of Stars and found an adventuring group in Waterdeep, how could I forget!

Bleys looks at the coin then, picks it up, tosses it in the air back to Eliane. "I guess I will just have to do this one for the 'fame and loot' then."

Last edited by Thanos; 26th of January, 2008 at 09:44.
  #38  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 14:09
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane attempts to snatch the coin and fails miserably as it falls right out of her hands and beneath the table. She blushes before bending down and retrieving it. "You might want to not toss things at me. Talking and magic I can do. Catching stuff, not so much."

She then smiles brightly at Bleys. "Well, I'm glad you decided to join us. I would have thought someone would who was invited here would be informed about the dangers and the situation. Anyway, now that we all know what's at stake, shall we go to that rift and start looking for Lashiman and the spell?"
  #39  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 14:35
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice, who had been looking on with a bemused expression all along, speaks up. "I can't deny this avatar interests me. but if it's as powerful as you say it needs to be removed as a factor before some fool tries to use it and fails. the realms have enough problems without apocalypse from yet another source thrown into the mix. for good or ill i will see this through". Yawing theatrically Melfice idly plucks a few chords on his harp. "If nothing else we should learn some interesting things along the way".
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #40  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 07:36
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
The human stands up and smiles broadly. "Oh, definitely. Travelling is always fun! Now, can anyone here shift us to the plane of shadow? Or do we have to go to a portal?"
  #41  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 07:45
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Sorry, not one of my many talents."
  #42  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 07:59
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
"Not at the moment, no," Arel says, returning to complete seriousness. "I would need to spend the rest of the day making preparations. And, Elaine, I think you've pushed your talents far enough for the time being anyways. I suggest that we adjourn for the day and return tommorow, with fully prepared for whatever the shades may bring. I shall return with an associate of mine, Torrenik of Whelloon, who can provide additional support... if anyone else has someone trustworthy they'd like to bring along, by all means, do so. It'll be a dangerous day."

Last edited by LeadPal; 29th of January, 2008 at 08:19.
  #43  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 08:06
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane frowns. Pushed my talents far enough? What is that mortal talking about? Oh! Right The human smiles brightly. "It's most kind of you to think of my depleted resources, Lady Arel. I agree that we should be at our most prepared. I do regret that trustworthy help seemed to be very hard to come by on my quests so far. Tomorrow, can you or your associate transport us? Alternatively, I could try to think of where a portal might be."

Her look turns ponderous. "Hmm...there's always Globby Portal 1, but it's not easily accessible and on the Ethereal Plane, so really no help..."
  #44  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 08:23
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
With some consideration, Arel nods. "I'd rather rely on my own skill than any portal. You've seen the exterior of the city in question, yes? With your description I can take us to Shadow Plane, then to the shades, easily."

She grins, adding "And back, with perhaps slightly more difficulty."
  #45  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 09:53
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"What do you mean with slightly more difficulty m'lady?"

I would really rather not get stuck on any plane of existence, other than this one!
  #46  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 10:08
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
"Nothing in particular," she responds, "but I did say that this was going to be dangerous. We can't be certain what the Shades are going to do..."
  #47  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 10:31
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Hrmmm, I will see what arrangements I can't make to have somebody come along with us that will be helpful."
  #48  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 15:43
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.30 per day)
Eliane raises an eyebrow. "I do appreciate that we're going to prepare for the possibility of hostility, but I should remind you that we're mostly looking for information. The shades in that enclave might not even know anything about Lashiman, much less have anything to do with his disappearance."
  #49  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 04:07
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"I mean somebody useful in getting us home, in particular, and getting us home in one piece in general. Ursus has been my traveling companion and ally for many years and is granted spells such that we can travel the planes. Are there any other preparations I should make?"
  #50  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 06:59
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Good. Eliane and Bleys' friend can provide the transportation, Tor and I will focus on our own business.

"Given our capabilities at the moment there's not much else to do but plan contingencies anyways." Rising, Arel brushes down her heavy coat and walks to the door, pausing to restate the plan.

"We return here at daybreak tommorow, then. Ursus, if he can do as you say, can take us to the plane, and Eliane can direct us to the city. Melfice, Eliane and I can enter for negotiations... Bleys, perhaps you would provide support? Our companions can stand by for an emergency."

"Hmm, actually, that would be too risky... the shades could turn on them while we're distracted." She sighs, then glancing at the others in the room. "Ah, but I think I can trust you... perhaps I should stand by instead. My associate Tor can advise you, I'm certain."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren