Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 25th of November, 2005, 15:53
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
"Yes?" A voice behind the door asks. "I am sorry, if you are interested in my performances, I will be at the Salty Winds tomorrow by suppertime."

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 26th of November, 2005, 04:01
Jackelope King
Ghoul

Member: #1487
Kit quickly says, "Um, sir, we've been looking for a man whose magic can apparently dredge up lost memories."
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 00:16
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Hmm?" The door is opened, and you see the performer behind it. "Ah I see. Well, while memory losts are certainly unfortunate events, I will have to ask for a suitable payment nevertheless, otherwise others in the same trade might not be happy about it." He smiles, the continues, "Let's say, an even 500 gold pieces."

Unread 29th of November, 2005, 01:39
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
"Actually," Gordon replies, "we were hoping that we might be able to negotiate an exchange of services. Our funds are currently limited by those that were generously given to us by the trader that found us out in the Plains of Purple Dust. Given our current memory problems, we're obviously not sure how far we have to stretch them to see us home again, but I much prefer to err on the side of caution where ever possible. It is my expectation that we will need to purchase supplies and equipment that will allow us to fend for ourselves while we make our way home. If we pay you 500 gold pieces we will not be able to afford those kind of supplies. Surely there is some service that we might be able to perform for you that would make a fair exchange."
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 06:22
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Oh.Hmm, I am not sure if I need anything at the moment, I suppose I can... wait a minute, 'we'?" The musician looks at you in amazement. "As in, the both of you? That is certainly interesting, but apparently you two still know each other? That is pretty freaky. Tell you what, I don't really need anything, but a fellow musician in town by the name of Varius can certainly use some help. She... yes, she, even though the name sounds quite not so she, is quite unusual, but I won't ruin the surprise for you."

He winks and grins widely. "She's just a couple of doors down in Room 3. She never answers the door though... you'll probably understand why later. You might be able to catch her wondering out of her room, but your best chance of meeting her would be during the performance during the day shows. If you promise to help with her problems and bring her to me to confirm so, I will fix up your little problems with your heads."

Unread 29th of November, 2005, 08:44
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"What kind of problems?" Gordon asks werily.
Unread 29th of November, 2005, 14:23
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

He laughs, "A good storyteller wouldn't spoil the ending for those who hadn't heard it before! Find out by yourself. If nothing, you need more interesting memories! Now if you'll excuse me, I am to retire for the night..."

Unread 30th of November, 2005, 11:20
Jackelope King
Ghoul

"I don't mind having the ending spoiled!" Kit blurts out. "Makes it easier to get through the middle sometimes."
Unread 30th of November, 2005, 15:48
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

He replies with but a meaningless groan, and closes his door.

Unread 1st of December, 2005, 03:22
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"Well," Gordon says, turning to Kit, "it would seem that there is little left to do except wait for the morrow and see this Varius when she shows up and one of the shows."

Looking around he then shrugs, "Seeing as we've already paid for rooms over at that other inn, lets go back there for the night and return here in the morning. What do you say?"
Unread 3rd of December, 2005, 08:39
Jackelope King
Ghoul

"Yeah, let's go track 'er down after a good night's sleep," Kit agrees. "Might as well take a soft bed when we can."
Unread 4th of December, 2005, 16:11
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

-Date Currently Unknown-

You return to your inn and secure yourselves in a pair of comfortable and relaxing beds; if nothing else, the quality of sleep is improving already during your short stay on this land. Your minds drift among a sea of clueless thoughts as you lie on your beds, unable to reach some solid conclusion for your long list of questions. Eventually, your bodies force you to obey their desire to rest, and you fall asleep.

... at any rate, to deal with this problem, after several days of sleepless research, we have found a way to transport the three of you to the alternate...

... Lord of Fate has granted you the blessing and unlocked the potential of your souls, enable them to grow as you desire to achieve the true power within you. He names it the Soul Sphere that you may one day be...

... thus the two of you will embark on this journey first. We are not sure of the temporal state during the dimensional passage, and from your point of view on the other side, time may...

... the land is abundent with mystical powers, and everything may seem strange or even unbelievable to you, but you must remember: you are searching for the most powerful things...

... best of our knowledge, the cultural and demographic factors are not your concerns, you should be able to blend in fairly well; of course, supernatural powers have long ceased in our...

... time, the three of you must return to the site, otherwise we will not be able to bring you back! Should this event occurs, it would be exceeding diffcult to return as you'll have to do is locate someone with...

The two of you gasp for air and sit up from your bed at the same time, cloths soaked with sweat. The bright sunlights through the window and the smell of cooked ham through the door indicate that morning has come.

Unread 5th of December, 2005, 11:18
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"Ah, hell!" Gordon exclaims on seeing the state of his small clothes. "This is going to make for an uncomfortable day."

Getting up, Gordon grabs a towel (or if the room doesn't have one, the driest blanket he can find) and begins to rub off the sweat from his body and small clothes to make things more bearable, muttering to himself about an undetermined deadline as he does so.
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 08:56
Jackelope King
Ghoul

Brushing the sweat out of his hair, Kit doesn't seem to mirror Gordon's concerns. "If I knew what they were talking about, waking up in a cold sweat wouldn't be so bad," he mutters, wiping his face dry with the palm of his hand.
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 09:09
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"You too, huh?" Gordon comments on hearing Kit's comment, "Well, hopefully we'll get some answers today. Or barring that, at least start moving in the right direction."

Having finished toweling off the sweat, Gordon gets dressed into his recently aquired clothing and then turns to Kit, "After that I'm not really hungry at the moment. What do you say we skip breakfast and try pricing out basic supplies before we head over to that inn..."

Stopping in midsentance, Gordon gets a puzzled look on his face before continuing, "Hey, that musician asked us to help a woman named Varius, didn't he? It just occured to me that that was the name of the magic user that we heard about yesterday that might be able to help us. You don't suppose we're being scammed, do you?"
Unread 6th of December, 2005, 09:44
Jackelope King
Ghoul

Kit shuts his eyes hard. "Well, I think that's right. And maybe we are getting hoodwinked, but maybe that's just the way people behave around here. Their idea of a joke or something."
Unread 9th of December, 2005, 03:56
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"Maybe," Gordon replies dubiously, "In any case, I say we watch our backs a little closer now. I don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes, even as a joke. Instead of pricing some basic supplies, let's buy some instead. If this is more than a joke I don't want to be caught with my pant's down."
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 01:52
Jackelope King
Ghoul

"I agree," Kit nods. "If this is their idea of humor, I'm not sure I want to find out what they consider a punchline without some way to protect myself."
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 14:01
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

The two of you enter the market once more and browse through the adventuring gears. With the gold you have on hand, you quickly gathers the supplies you need and outfits yourself accordingly before returning to the inn to search for this Varius person. Upon your return, despite the fact you have absolutely no description of this woman you seek, you immediately recgonize her: she is just too out of place here that even a grimlock can see her from two towns away.

You see a woman in a gown of the finest quality but with severe wear and tear, as well as dirt and stains to decorate the cloth. She has long magenta hair that perhaps was once beautiful, but is now frizzy and dirty. She sits at a table and stares blankly at the stage, which showcases a much worse musician than the previous night. You slowly approach her, but she seems oblivious to your advance; other patrons watch you and the woman with amusing, or rather, mocking looks.

Unread 15th of December, 2005, 02:28
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Even though the purse they'd recieved from Ramas was far lighter now, it still had enough in it to get them through for several days yet to come, and to help round out their equipment once they knew more about what they'd be doing. In the mean time, however, it felt good to Gordan to be back in armor and to have a weapon in hand. It was good to know that his militia training had come over intact.

Leading the way over to the table where the strange woman is seated, Gordon ignores the mocking looks of the other patrons. There were ways to deal with them, but at the moment Gordon was far more interested in getting back his memories. The few fragments that kept coming to him in dreams weren't enough for a complete picture, but what they revealed was just enough to be disconcerting.

"Varius?"
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 02:48
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

The musician is certainly not loud enough to render your speech inaudible, yet as you stand beside the woman and asks, she pays no attention to you; or, rather, she is completely unaware of your presence. Some of the patrons cannot hold in their laughters and begins to chunckle lightly.

Unread 15th of December, 2005, 02:52
Jackelope King
Ghoul

Kit shakes his head at the chuckles of the patrons. What passes for humor here is completely beyond me.

He decides to echo Gordon's attempt at a greeting, slightly louder this time. "Umm... Miss Varius?"
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 03:08
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

She continues to ignore your greetings, and one of the nearby patron bursts out laughing. "She can't hear you, mate. She can only heavenly songs and poems, not your mortal gibberishes!" At that, several other patrons begins to laugh as well. You notice that the woman doesn't seem to be moved at all, as though she actually cannot hear anything.

Unread 17th of December, 2005, 10:25
Jackelope King
Ghoul

With a sigh, Kit shakes his head and turns to the patron. "She's deaf?"
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 14:28
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Oh she's more than that. Let's see... she has problems with her ears, her tongue, and most certainly her head. You might want to get a board and a pen to talk to her." With that, the patron starts to laugh again.