Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 05:56
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
The promise of food lifts Kit's spirits enough that he stops looking so grim. "Yeah. We'll help out however we can in repayment, Ramas."
  #27  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 14:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Mulhorand, of course, what else is west of here?" Ramas laughs, then stops, "Oh, wait, you people are probably not familiar with this region. Don't worry about the food; I am not bragging about my wealth, but the cost of them means nothing to me. It's good enough that they are able to help someone in need. Strange things keep on happening when those Faerunians begin to go crazy with those Mythals... well, no worries, it'll be better when we get to the city; perhaps you can find some information there on how to get home or find some work to do. Speaking of which, where did you come from?"

Your memories fail you completely to his question, yet the foreign word Mythal seems distant yet familiar to you. Contemplating this fact, you have only just realized that, somehow, you are able to understand Ramas' tongue and reply to him fluently, even though it seems distinctly different from your own mother tongue.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #28  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 00:37
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"From..." Gordon starts to answer Ramas' question, only to find himself in capable of recalling the answer. "We're fro... I... I... can't remember. Kit? Do you remember?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #29  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 03:05
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Of course I remember," Kit says chidingly. "We're from up near... um..."

He stops to think. "It's on the tip of my tongue. The place with the big old oak tree near the well. Had a really sweet old seamstress. Aw... I know I remember it... I just can't think of it."
  #30  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 14:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Ramas looks amused. "Things are certainly not going well for you two. Anyways, just have some food and rest, I imagine you would be tired by now." After having some blend but sustaining rations, you rest inside the caravan as it slowly moves you towards this unknown city. The time is obviously about late morning, yet you seem to have been performing some stressful exercise and cannot fight the urge to sleep.

Half asleep, your minds drift away from the merchants, and random thoughts entwine with each other. Briefly, you recall something that should be fairly important... a speech of some kind, broken into different segments as though puzzles missing the center pieces.

... and while the process will be short, you must focus all of your attention...

... you must first collapse the Soul Sphere...

... in addition, Alura should bring...

... your primary concerns are the Mythals and Mythals along! Should something...

... dialects have already been adjusted, but we are not...

... return after one year, it's extremely important that...

"Hey hey, sorry to wake you up." Ramas' voice interrupts your vision-like dreams. "We are here! I have to quickly load and unload, hopefully making it back to Kura-tar in just a couple of days. I am sorry I cannot help you any further, but I'll check you guys out after my next trip."

Ramas pratically drag you two down his caravan, but he still tries his best to be friendly. "Oh, here..." He tosses you a small sack, and from the sound of it there seems to be quite some coins inside. "You guys are lucky, I might as well go with fate on this one. These should keep you warm for a few days and maybe pay for some information on how to get home. If you people turn out to be some royality or super powerful Wizards' friends, let me know, eh?" He laughs and turns away, directing his staff to load and unload the goods.

You stand besides the busy market place, looking around at the night scene of the first of many unfamiliar cities.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #31  
Unread 4th of November, 2005, 00:17
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"Many thank Ramas," Gordon says as the man leaves, "If we ever cross paths again I hope to be in a position to return the favor."

Turning to look at the busy marketplace, Gordon thinks for a bit before turning to Kit.

"I think we should aquire some clothes first, and then I'd appreciate getting ahold of a good weapon or two and some armor. Once this money runs out we'll need some source of income, and I should be able to hire myself out as a guard or something."
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #32  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 10:38
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Kit nods. "Ramas was quite kind," he agrees. "And yeah, we definitely need to find a source of income." He thinks for a moment. "I can probably do some guard duty myself. Maybe make some money hunting. Moyra and I aren't good for much else.

"But for now, a warm place to sleep and something better than these tattered rags to wear."
  #33  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 14:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You check inside the bag to find assorted coins in Platinum, Gold, and Silver, totalling 750 gold pieces in value. Shopping around in the market place, you easily locate some cheap, but clean and warm, adventurer's clothing for one gold piece each set. There are a couple of taverns which offers rooms and boards nearby as well.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 08:07
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
After aquiring some clothes, Gordon leads the way to a random tavern that doesn't look too expensive, but not neglected either and enquires after a room.

Gotta get out of these rags and look presentable before we do much else.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #35  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 14:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You enter an average looking inn named the Purple Bones and inquire about the cost of your stay. The barkeep frowns at the look of you two, but his frown soon disappears after seeing a gold coin in your hand. It would cost you two gold pieces to have a room and a couple of decent meals for two .
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 03:15
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
After getting a chance to change and fill his stomach, Kit suggests, "Okay, so we need to figure out where we are and how we can get home. Then we need to get the resources to do this somehow. Then we try to figure out who's been talking in our heads, because it's getting a little eerie."
  #37  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 07:42
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"'Getting a little eerie,'" Gordon echos, "I don't know about you, but it never had to get eerie, it started that way for me."

"Anyway, I agree. What bothers me the most, though, is the fact that we can't remember where we're from. Who ever left us out in the middle of no where seems to have messed with our memories. We're probably going to need to find someone with magical ability to put that right, and they won't be cheap. Any ideas on hot to go about doing that? That was always more your cup of tea than it was mine."
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #38  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 09:25
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I'm sure there's a way to fix it magically," Kit replies. "I don't know of one off-hand, but there's not much that magic can't fix. We can probably find something if we look hard enough."
  #39  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 09:42
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"Good," Gordon replies, finishing up his meal. "Then what do you say to us heading out to look for some spell caster that might be willing to accept some form of service in exchange for helping us out."

Getting up to leave, Gordon thinks of something and stops, "You don't suppose we should be equipped like we know what we're doing before going to find someone, do you?"
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #40  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 09:52
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Uh... that might be good," Kit agrees. "But I can't think of what we'd need. Swords or something?"
  #41  
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 03:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"While that might look the part, I'd be far more comfortable with a weapon I actually know how to use, like a spear or a crossbow," Gordon replies.

"Maybe what we should do first is simply wander about town trying to learn about where we are. We've already paid for a room here for the night. Perhaps after a day of exploring the town we'll have a better idea about how to approach some one to ask for help."
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #42  
Unread 12th of November, 2005, 03:37
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Kit nods. "Good thinking. Once we figure out where we stand, we'll have a better idea of where we have to go."
  #43  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 15:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
After changing into your (relatively) more comfortable clothing, you enjoy a (relatively) tasty meal at the inn before venturing out into the town. The cultures and customs of this city seems fairly similiar to your own home, at least to the best of your knowledge; you have no trouble at all fitting in here. It would appear to be a major trade city with merchants of all sorts gather here, and you would imagine that if you have the necessary wealth, you can probably find everything here.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 10:09
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Their wanderings having been (relatively) successful, Gordon starts to enquire with some of the more friendly locals where they might find a spellcaster who might know something about spells that effect the memory.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #45  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 15:38
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Asking around the market place yields a fairly interesting lead on someone who wields the feat you seek. A Human musician by the name of Varius are frequently found in various taverns around the city recently, and aside from his musical and poetical talents, he also specializes in Arcane magic of the minds. Some claims that he's able to uncover hidden memories or even help individuals see into their future or past life.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #46  
Unread 18th of November, 2005, 08:33
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"Shall we look this guy up?" Gordon asks Kit.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #47  
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 12:37
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
[OOC: Whoops. Though I'd posted this reply. Sorry 'bout that.]

"A good idea. Let's track him down, see what he knows."
  #48  
Unread 23rd of November, 2005, 14:25
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
After a few more questions and fingers pointing directions, you arrive at the Hanged Man Inn. It is not surprise that the place is gloomy and damp like its name, but what's surprising is that the place is filled with patrons. On a crude stage setup near the back of the hall, a musician skillfully plays some kind of foreign stringed instrument while dramatically telling an epic love story. You believe this is the man you are looking for.

Shortly afters, the story ends in the tragic outcome of the lovers in the tale, and while there are no applauses, many patrons stand up silently to show their respect for a great performance. The man smiles and bows politely before stepping off the stage and returning to his room by a staircase past the bar.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #49  
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 03:16
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Any idea which is the one we're looking for?" Kit asks Gordon quietly.
__________________
In the beginning, the world was at its end...
  #50  
Unread 25th of November, 2005, 01:56
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
"Probably the singer. The people on the street said he had some musical talents," Gordon replies. "Let's go see if he's accomodating of visitors."

Heading over to the room the man disappeared into. Gordon knocks politely on the door and waits for a response.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren