Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 23:55
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys is less than amused at the high costs and counters for Krasa with 10gp per month per skill level, with room and board, and an equal split of any non-magical treasure that is found. This offer includes the aid of Tempus as required and available.

For Poriaan Bleys admires her offer to help against the Orc's, but remands himself as unable to persue that problem in the near future. She is however offered the same as Krasa, with the understanding that the price for the ship is perfectly acceptable if it becomes necessary to use it.


[Equal split means that she gets a share of it based on how many people are along for the ride. The aid of Tempus is of course magical healing and other such aid, which is almost invaluable while adventuring.]
  #27  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 14:22
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Equal share of non-magical treasures?" Krasa laughs at you, while Poriaan rolls his eyes. "Where are you from? Some cave in the Endless Waste? Well, I was under the impression that you need me for potential dangerous situations as well, but if you just want my guide and knowledge, I will accept the offer of one gold piece per day, and 3% of magic item proceeds you might uncover due to my knowledge. Let's ignore your non-magical treasure sharing offer, you can have them all."

Poriaan shakes her head hopelessly, "It's unfortunate, but you must have more important business than dealing with the Orcs, I can understand that. As Krasa stated, if no martial aids are required of me, I will work for one gold pieces per day too. I don't care about treasure sharing, and if I don't think what you are doing is worth my time and effort, I will be leaving to deal with my own problems."

"Oh yes, that too." Krasa speaks up heaing Poriaan's last words. "Hey, I know you think that these tasks are simple, easy, and doesn't take much effort, thus you do not wish to pay us more than what you offer; which is perfectly true, by the way, and I understand it completely. But you must admit, in addition to our simple knowledge, you are asking us to give up our time, and forgo all possible other courses of activities we might take. One gold piece per day sounds crazy enough already. Ever heard of a little term called 'opportunity cost'?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 7th of November, 2005 at 14:25.
  #28  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 07:53
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys seems to consider this greatly and looks over at Ursus, who gives him a slight nod.

"I see that you are serious about your abilites and that I can respect. Given the nature of what I might be after it seems that the cost of opportunity has greatly increased since I was on this side of the continent. If your 'dangerous situation' skills are what you believe them to be then let me put on the table the following:
Opperation expenses paid in full and 2 gold pieces a day;
Field expenses paid in full and 50 gold pieces a day, double for Poriaan if we are sailing;
Harm encurred in the field will be dressed or addressed within the Ursus' abilities, which are very considerable.
Treasure found is given in equal shares to everybody, with the exception of magical objects worth over 50,000 gold, which will be my soul property...."

Bleys seems to hesitate before going on...
"If we are completely successful then the Orc situation that Poriaan is having to deal with will be investigated and possibly dealt with as that is what my third partner wishes."
With that Bleys draws Ultrose, in a hopefully not threatening way. From the hilt up the blade seems to be engulfed by crimpson flames which display a good bit of light, but produces no heat. If one were of a religous mind it would look very much like the flaming sword upon the shield, which is the symbol of Tempus.
"It seems that my friend here would like to slay a few Orc's."

"Indeed warrior, I would."
  #29  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 14:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Poriaan nods immediately and replies, "Deal."

Krasa strokes his chin. "Hmm... no sharing for objects exceeding 50,000 gold pieces... very well, that seems reasonable enough. Note that I am agreeing to your exploration for the Wealdath forest, any other operations, such as this Orc dealy here, will require further negotiation."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #30  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 00:45
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys smiles at Poriaan and gives her a small nod, but waits for Krasa's answer. Given his statement he says, "Of course."

"If either of you know any adventurous rogue's with experience dealing with traps and such things it would be very helpful to hire one for the group. If not then we will be getting on the road in two days."


With that Ursus pulls out two heavy pouches with 200 gold coins each and hands one to each lady. "A down payment to cover any expenses you might have before we leave."

Last edited by Thanos; 12th of November, 2005 at 00:43. Reason: correction of personal pronoun
  #31  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 14:47
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(OOC: to quote my post above, "Krasa, a male Human local guide" :p)

Both of them nod and accept the pouches. Krasa comments, "Traps? If we encounter any, I can deal with them. My service would be more expensive, of course... oh nevermind, I'll bother you again after I earn this bag."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 13th of November, 2005, 03:05
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys and Ursus stay on waiting for any other possibles to join the adventuring party. After two days however, if nobody shows up, they will head out west to the little town that is just on the edge of the forest named Trailstone. Bleys will look there for two days for anybody else that might be thinking of joining.

If nobody suitable can be found they will continue west until Krasa decides to head south into the Forest to start looking for ancient Elvin settlements or beings who know about them that might be in the forest.
  #33  
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:35
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(OOC: Please do not make up towns/locations or dictate NPC's actions)

Secondday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Over the past two days, you continue to search for capable adventurers to assist you on your quest while traveling west, but sadly cannot find any more capable of, or even remotely as capable of, the task at hand relative to the help you already hired. Today, shortly past highnoon, you have finally reached the Wealdath forest. According to your map and Krasa's local knowledge, is the northeastern edge of the forest.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 23:13
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
It had been an enjoyable trip...Hopefully this is where the fun starts.
  #35  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 03:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You enter the forest and Krasa leads you to a small clearing. "This is not the Elven village, but it's on the way there, I might as well show you first: check out the trees around, notice anything?"

Following his finger, you see that the trees immediately near the clearing, while looking fairly normal for the most part, appear to be less "green" then their kins nearby.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 12:44
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys nods, but not being any kind of forester does not know what he is looking at.

"A subdued color? If that is what you mean I see it, but what does it mean?"
  #37  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 14:12
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"It's an oddity that I thought I should point out." Krasa explains, "The colors here seem to have faded... I have some knowledge of the nature of plant life, and my first reaction is that something has been sapping energy from it. Then again... I don't detect any special energy from these trees."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #38  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 23:59
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Thank you..." Oddities...hrmm is something sucking life from them pr has their local druid not been taking care of them?

Bleys continues to follow along taking as much note of the surroundings as he is able without slowing down the pace.
  #39  
Unread 18th of November, 2005, 05:55
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Other than the faded color, the clearing offers nothing of interest. You continue to follow Karsa's lead, traveling through the forest towards the southwest, then south, eventually coming to a fairly obscure trail after a few hours.

"From here to the east is the Elven village... let's just say they are not the most friendly beings in this forest, and extremely untrusting of outsiders. From the stories I've heard, many attempts to enter, or even converse with the dwellers result bloody death."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #40  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 01:46
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Other than the village to the East, are there other places where Elves have lived in the ancient past, somewhere perhaps where there are no current Elves living?"

Ulto, please check this area for magic in all four directions and tell me what you come up with please.

"Ursus, you did pray for that spell that lets you talk with plants correct?"

"Yes, twice. I figured walking into a huge forest, looking for ancient things, that it might be helpful. I suggest finding some very old trees to use it on though."
  #41  
Unread 20th of November, 2005, 14:32
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Not to the best my my knowledge." Krasa replies, "While there are always some odd Elves or Gnomes who live in solitary in the forest, only the Elven village to the east is a large enough gathering to worth any special mentioning in history records."

I sense no specific magic near this area, other than, of course, the magic crafts on you and your companions.

(OOC: Ursus does not have spells to speak with plants. Clerics of Tempus do not have the spell Speak with Plants (Bard/Druid only), nor is he high enough level to cast Miracle to duplicate such effect)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #42  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 08:34
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
[OOC: 'Speak with Plants' is listed as a level 3 Cleric/Druid spell or lv2 Ranger. I am not referencing Commune with Nature if that is what you were thinking of.]
  #43  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 14:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(OOC: Clerics do not have Speak with Plants... are you looking at the 3.0 SRD/PHB? From 3.5 SRD/PHB:
Speak with Plants
Divination
Level: Brd 4, Drd 3, Rgr 2
)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 13:44
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Ursus continues after Bleys is done, "But you will have to find trees that themselves can speak, which is likely going to be very hard and or dangerous. Tongues and Comprehend Languages are what Tempus has given me. Actually picking up a turnip and having a conversation with it is not exactly what I ment."

Bleys gives Ursus a slight sideways glance and thinks, "The changes since the time of troubles and the reworking of the weave with a new goddess sure do change things."

"Wells then it seems like we have no choice, but to go talk to some Elves. It will be interesting to learn some ancient Elvin history...." Bleys indicates for Karsa to lead on, but does say, "When we get some what close to the city, we will need to stop and wait for them to 'find' us. I suggest that all weapons have a peace knot placed on them..."

With that Bleys ties a peace knot on Ultrose and then heads off after Karsa when she is done.
  #45  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 15:15
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"It's only a village..." Karsa mutters, and leads on.

After a few minutes, Krasa signals that you are approaching the Elven village. The thick forest obscures your vision, but you can sort of see some kinds of dwellings between the trees. Not far off, an Elf lean by a tree, which entwines with another, creating an image similiar to that of a gate.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #46  
Unread 14th of December, 2005, 00:37
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys waits until the party is noticed or approached before taking any other actions. He does not want to be seen as aggresive or a danger to the village.
  #47  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 00:21
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The Elf by the gate seems to have noticed you, but takes no actions other than eyeing you with an unfriendly look.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #48  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 03:44
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Now that they have been noticed Bleys feels relatively comfortable approaching and does so. At a comfortable conversation distance he stops and greets the guard in the common tongue of the Realms hoping that the need for spells or translaters wont be necessary.

"Hail guard of the town. We come in peace with an inquiry."
  #49  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 06:25
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The Elf replies likely in Common, "Many have come before you in peace with inquiries; few have lived to tell about it. Let me reassure you that other than perhaps the civilized tongues, we are no different than cruel and blood-thristy savages when adventurers come "seeking information." I know what you seek, and I can tell you bluntly, no, you will not have any of our aids in any form. Proceed further, and you will have a group of powerful enemies as well."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #50  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 11:58
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys stops immediately and motions for the others to do the same and pauses for a moment.

"Ulto, please check for magics, especially big kinds..."

"Well, I wish to have no enemies that I must not have so I will proceed no further towards your town. However, that which I seek I still hope to find and protect from falling into the hands of those that would use it for ill gain or evil. Do you truly know what I seek?"
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren