Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 13:33
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
No magic within range... AHHHHHHHHHHH

The sharp mental cry of Ulto tears into your mind as the sword visibly shakes; cracks suddenly appear on the sword, but not enough to be of any significant concern. The mental disruption prevents you from hearing any response from the Elf for a few seconds. (4 nonlethal damage

"... truly wish to protect it, leaving would be step one." The Elf replies.

Overwhelming... overwhelming magic haunts this place.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #52  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 23:17
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys grimaces for a moment, but pulls his right hand to his chin giving it a scratch hoping to clear its head. With the sound of disappointment he says, "Well if that is the way of it, we would not want to distrupt the relative peace that you enjoy."

With that Bleys motions for everybody to leave and does so himself, going back to the little clearing they were in before. Well who said any of this would be easy! Damnit, Ulto are you OK? What in the name of Tempus happened?

Ursus starts making camp in the glade prepairing to stay here the night. He knows that something is going on, just not exactly what.
  #53  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 04:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
I am not exactly sure. It would appear that my power to detect magical aura has backfired on me; the powerful residual auras from something exceeds my capacity to preceive them. I suppose that means we are on the right course...
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #54  
Unread 25th of December, 2005, 11:55
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Well I would really rather not take something by force when it seems protected enough. These elves have been here for many a year already. I am half a mind to move ahead to Moonshae and see if the other one is waiting to be found or is also defended by able persons. When the others are asleep we will travel to the capital and consult with the Elder about the course of action we should take, take by force or continue looking.

Late that night with the Helm of Teleportation, Bleys is off to Halruaa to make his report and seek the guidence of the Elders on what they would like him to do next.
  #55  
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 01:00
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You step into the Astral Plane with the help of your magical helm and instantly arrive back in Halruaa. You seek the council of Elders once more, and they seem to be surprised at your return in such short order. "Welcome home, Bleys. It has only been a couple of days... how goes the mission?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #56  
Unread 30th of December, 2005, 12:52
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys formally greets the Council, of course, and as requested briefly tells them what has happened. He promps Ultrose to explain what he had felt, as well the Councilers can see the effects of what happened. Bleys explains afterwords that,

"I believe that what we are looking for is very likely in the direct area of this town. If you wish, and with your considerable help of course, we could assualt this town and those that protect it hoping to acquire it. However, if what we are looking for is as powerful as rumor and recent research incidicates and is in use to protect the town the losses that we would incure taking this objective would be high, very high."

A short pause is given by Bleys to allow the information to sink in giving the Council members time to remember the last time there were high losses. Moving on Bleys says,

"I came to request the Council's decision on whether to plan an assualt or move to the Moonshae Isles to discover if a somewhat less protected Mythal can be found."

Bleys stands at attention awaiting the Council's pleasure.
  #57  
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 06:31
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"It is up to you, young warrior. Paths are paved by one's own decisions, be them wise or not... such is life. Obviously no one should purposely and willingly select the unwise option, if you are to simply follow our every command, then you will be living our lives. I can, however, give you some advise for you to make your own decision: We cannot openly attack an Elven village that has no fault against us, but if you deem it necessary, then it is up to you to do so and acquire helps. It is quite obvious that no matter which Mythal you choose to seek, and however you choose to acquire it, things will be difficult."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #58  
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 16:02
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys is not exactly unprepaired for this answer, he has been serving the Council of Elders for many years now.

"Then I will update you then that I will be moving on the Moonshae Isles. In addition there is some kind of Orcish problem along the Southern edge of the Sword Coast down near Tethyr that one of my hirelings has mentioned. This could slow down the process or possibly bring it to a halt for a time. They are rumored to be very organized and if they are making a base to attack the Moonshae Isles to take the prize there things could get very interesting."

Unless the Council has anything further to add Bleys is off to the spot in the clearing that he memorized and to his bed for some sleep.
  #59  
Unread 6th of January, 2006, 03:53
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Thirdday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You regroup in the clearing and rest for the day. By daybreak, Krasa has hunted for the party some wild delicates for a good breakfast, as you gather and plan your next move.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #60  
Unread 6th of January, 2006, 11:19
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys spends a good section of the time pacing back and forth...If it were not elves....a hoard of orc's, an army of Ogre's, even a regiment of Giants would I gladly engage than a small town of thrice damned elves and their ancient magics and knowledges. It is not a pleasent thought to have to engage them Ulto.

Then why even think on it. We have an alternative, let us be about it my friend. Let tomorrows battles be tomorrows worry.

You are right, as usual, my friend. It has been a great boon from our Lord Tempus that he gifted your wise council to me.

When everybody is back and all have eaten Bleys stays, "It seems that this location is somewhat of an empass. I am unwilling to bring the ire of the local Elves, and their massed magics, down upon our heads by foolishly trying to sneak in or attack them. Thus the second option is to head for the Moonshae Isles," looking at Poriaan with a smile," and that m'lady is where you come in I believe. We need to travel to your ship and head off as soon as possible. If we meet any Orc's on the way, they will be delt with, of course."
Looking to Krasa, "If you wish to continue with us, you are welcome, I dare say that finding out way in forests is going to also be part of our journey on the Moonshae Isles. I do think we might pick up another guide there however."
  #61  
Unread 7th of January, 2006, 06:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Krasa grins, "I can still stay. My talents will not be useful on the sea, but once we land, I may be of more service. Are islands not dry lands as well when you are on them?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #62  
Unread 7th of January, 2006, 09:04
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Yes they are, at least in the Sea of Fallen Stars they are."

Bleys will follow Poriaan to her ship.
  #63  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 00:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Seventhday, Firstweek Mirtul, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You follow Poriaan past the Wealdath forest to the port of Murann; from there, you set sail for Caer of the Moonshae Isles. The only event of note is the strange sight of a couple of flying creatures, which, via the power of a spying glass on Poriaan's ship, appear to be Orcs heading in the direction of the Nelanther Isles.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #64  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 03:48
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Flying Orc's, that is not a good sigh, but perhaps a worry for another day.
  #65  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 14:51
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
When they get to the port Bleys tries to get a good idea about the Caer as they sail in. Its defenses, type of buildings and structurers, width of its streets, and many other little things tell much about a place and its population.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren