Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Thanos's Games > EXALTED: Requiem of Sorrows Forgotten

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 18th of July, 2009, 03:50
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Calibration of Travel (Ch #5)

Eight days have past since the feast and those that chose received a small portion of Resplendent Singing Hammer's extensive knowledge and wisdom. He has let everyone know that during Calibration a huge ritual to summon a powerful demon would take place. Everybody knows that he has never done this before and that they should all be battle ready should things not go well, despite the precautions he has taken. It is a necessary step to make sure that the partial evacuation of this Tower can be completed. Since the feast the tower has been abuzz concerning the guests, the revelation that most of them will be moving, and what is to become of their beloved leader.

Everyone is either in their rooms or the common area on their personal floor of the Tower.








------------------
OOC: Do some planning, chatting, introspection, description of training times, ect. I still have to figure out one persons bonuses based on what they wanted. Meanwhile I do not want to hold up the storyline for certain others.

Last edited by Thanos; 18th of July, 2009 at 03:55.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 30th of July, 2009, 00:01
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
The time has come, calibration is upon creation, and the absence of the life giving Sun has hidden itself. Resplendent Singing Hammer starts his ritual on the roof of the tower, high above the fields and the nests in them. The circle has taken upon itself the necessary duty of guarding him 20 hours a day, for the entire 4 day period of ritual, and the 5th day of the actual summoning.


[OOClease describe what you have taken with you to the roof, in as much detail as you deem necessary, as well as any actions you might wish to take place.]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 31st of July, 2009, 11:16
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Sei'Jin will take with him all of his battle rattle, his armor, his helmet, his lance. Sadly, as this fight will be taking place high on a roof, there will be no place for Morgenstern.
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 31st of July, 2009, 13:58
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Blade travels light, she brings all her stuff. This amounts to her armor and blades.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 1st of August, 2009, 10:08
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.15 per day)
Erikor shows up on the roof just before sunset, having been missing for most of the afternoon. He looks completely normal as far as his clothing and gear goes. His personal appearance, however, is quite different. His hair is obsidian black, his skin has taken on an ashen color, and his eyes remind those who look at them of nothing so much as cold, hard stone. His hands also are disfigured. Where he normally has fingertips, there are large, sharp thorns springing from his earthy paws.

[ooc: in the afternoon prior to the casting he activated Wood dragon's claws and Unbreakable Bones of Stone, he avoided everyone lest he accidentally harm them. I'll take some time this weekend to write up his 'battle form' in the character sheets section. EDIT: thinking about this, some of my spell choices may have been silly. That being said, I need to ask: do either of these spells stack with Incomparable Body Arsenal? And if so, how?... may need to change this post based on that info.]

Last edited by Merbak; 1st of August, 2009 at 10:17.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 2nd of August, 2009, 12:30
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Originally Posted by qwerty123 # Blade travels light, she brings all her stuff. This amounts to her armor and blades.
Tiernan also hasn't much to bring. His bow, some arrows, and his new green jade bracers are all the significant items he bears. Tiernan has also found a picnic basket (or something similarly suitable) in which he brings victuals for the group.

Munching on an apple, Tiernan stands near Sei'jin and Blade.

"So... make sure I understand this properly," says Tiernan softy. "Our host, many centuries old, with an incredible magical tower full of first age wonders, is making a mighty magic the likes of which he has never accomplished before... and it will summon a monster that actually has him worried?"

Tiernan glances toward Resplendent Singing Hammer, then back to his comrades. "I ask you, what are we six supposed to accomplish against a foe that worries one such as he? Why doesn't our host bring some mighty magical artifact of protection out of his closet? Or has he done so already, and I'm just not sufficiently observant to have noticed?"

I trusted these two when I followed them from civilization and into this mess... I have to trust them to help me out of this mess and back to civilization....
__________________

Last edited by Tiernan; 2nd of August, 2009 at 12:33.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 3rd of August, 2009, 03:18
hamner's Avatar
hamner
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7468
Location: las vegas
Posts: 54 (0.02 per day)
Hassan arrives on the roof ready for travel or battle. He's ensure that his meager possessions are packed and that his trusty mount is ready to ride. He also checked out the rest of the circles mounts and found them in excellent spirits. Truthfully he only stood at Morgensterns stall door and thanked him for looking after all of the others, knowing that Sei'in's special mount didn't need the attention that the others require. His personal gear would receive the same attention as all his other preparations. He would arrive on the roof with all his gear freshly polished and ready for inspection. Once on the roof he'll move to join the rest of his circlesmates. "Is our brother of the night about? Or is he already here and I don't know it yet?" Hassan smiles as he speaks his freshly mastered tongue and casts only one apologetic glance at Tiernan as he slightly mispronounces a word.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 3rd of August, 2009, 12:03
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Listening to Teirnan's words, Sei'Jin turns towards him. "Do not worry brother, I share your concerns but I do not think the Unconquered Sun means for us to fall. Have faith in your Circle and our Lord and together, it will carry you to victory."
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 3rd of August, 2009, 13:44
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Originally Posted by hamner # Hassan smiles as he speaks his freshly mastered tongue and casts only one apologetic glance at Tiernan as he slightly mispronounces a word.
"Well done, Brother!" Tiernan clasps Hasan by the hand and welcomes him cheerfully.

"Now, has anybody seen our brother Twilight lately?" Tiernan looks around in all directions, checks beneath his feet, checks inside the picnic basket, etc.
Finally, he shrugs and sighs. "Perhaps this ashy-gray fellow with the obsidian black hair and curiously deformed paws can help us find him...?"

Tiernan looks directly at Erikor.

"Excuse me sir... well bless me if it isn't Erikor! Look at his eyes! It appears he's gotten stoned... without us!" Tiernan shakes his head and chuckles..
__________________

Last edited by Tiernan; 3rd of August, 2009 at 13:47.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 4th of August, 2009, 03:29
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Originally Posted by Tiernan # Tiernan glances toward Resplendent Singing Hammer, then back to his comrades. "I ask you, what are we six supposed to accomplish against a foe that worries one such as he? Why doesn't our host bring some mighty magical artifact of protection out of his closet? Or has he done so already, and I'm just not sufficiently observant to have noticed?"
"My dear Eclipse, this effort will drain me of a large potion of my mote reserves, but fortunately not all. Your circle, specifically Sei'Jin, is here to intimidate the creature so that it does not attempt to cause trouble. If it does then you will also be required to keep it occupied until I can banish it.

I would not attempt such a thing if it were not absolutely expedient for our purposes. Soon, my brothers, soon. Calibration is only minutes away and we can start."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 4th of August, 2009, 16:17
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Oh by the maidens is it not Calibration yet!!!

Blade of the White Star stands perfectly still on the roof with the members of the circle around her. She is so still that she almost vibrates with readiness. It has been too long since she has been in any form of combat. Hell at this point she would delight in some light sparring.

I want to kick some ass!
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 5th of August, 2009, 12:35
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Sensing her eagerness, Sei'Jin hefts his Dire Lance and nods at Blade. He raises it in to an En Garde position and waits.
"Perhaps we should warm up a bit, we wouldn't want to give a poor showing now would we?!"
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 5th of August, 2009, 13:28
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Originally Posted by Thanos # "My dear Eclipse, this effort will drain me of a large potion of my mote reserves, but fortunately not all. Your circle, specifically Sei'Jin, is here to intimidate the creature so that it does not attempt to cause trouble. If it does then you will also be required to keep it occupied until I can banish it.

I would not attempt such a thing if it were not absolutely expedient for our purposes. Soon, my brothers, soon. Calibration is only minutes away and we can start."

As if there the slightest doubt that He would hear me speaking softly to my Circle-mates from way, way over here... in the middle of a ritual, no less....

"I tell you what, my dear Zenith," Tiernan says to Sei'Jin. "Maybe you should try to intimidate the creature so that it does not attempt to cause trouble." Tiernan then turns to the others. "And if it does, then maybe we can try to keep it occupied till Resplendent Singing Hammer can banish it."

Tiernan takes another bite of his apple.

Maybe I can tell the demon a joke or something....
__________________

Last edited by Tiernan; 5th of August, 2009 at 13:34.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 6th of August, 2009, 03:11
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Originally Posted by TocRat05 # Sensing her eagerness, Sei'Jin hefts his Dire Lance and nods at Blade. He raises it in to an En Garde position and waits.
"Perhaps we should warm up a bit, we wouldn't want to give a poor showing now would we?!"
Blade cocks her head ever so slightly in Sei'Jin's direction. A small smile crosses her face behind her impassive crimson mask.

"If you insist." She speaks in light low tone.
__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 6th of August, 2009, 03:58
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
It is only a few minutes of exchanging sword blows and some interesting foot work before Calibration does start. At that point Resplendent Singing Hammer starts his ritual and essence powered lights start crackling along the symbols in the roof. Several hours later Bostvade, Second Soul of Szoreny, the Quicksilver Highway is standing before the gathered.
To describe him, it, would be difficult at best, but it seems that his body is made of roads and there are creatures traveling on them constantly. He stands 40 feet tall, and his nose drips minature travelers who scream as they fall to the ground only to splat there and dissipate shortly there after. Strange honking, breying, clicker-clacking, and other traveling noises can be heard constantly.

Bostvade almost immediately charges the circle nearest Hammer saying in a plethera of voices one may hear on the roads of creation, "WEAK, OLD, HONK, DIE!"

Everyone knows not to cross the boundries that Hammer has placed in his summoning circle. Doing so would allow the demon to do whatever he wanted with them....


[OOC: INITIATIVE! If you go before a 12 then please post your actions.]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 6th of August, 2009, 11:45
TocRat05's Avatar
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1105
Location: Las Vegas!
Posts: 540 (0.11 per day)
Sei'Jin notes the presence of the Demon but seeing that everything is still going according to Hammer's plan, he continues with his sparring.
__________________
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 6th of August, 2009, 12:18
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Body made of roads... that's pretty bizarre... I wonder if Blade anticipated this..?

Tiernan steps forward a bit, holding his apple core, and shouts, "Excuse me, Mister Highway! Hey, I wonder if we might have a word with you! There is something important we need to ask you!"

This is crazy... this is crazy... this is crazy....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 7th of August, 2009, 12:44
hamner's Avatar
hamner
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7468
Location: las vegas
Posts: 54 (0.02 per day)
"That my friend is a very powerful demon Hammer has summoned and not yet successfully bound. Make yourself ready this could go bad fast!" Hassan makes himself heard over any noise on the roof while drawing his daiklaive.

Last edited by hamner; 9th of August, 2009 at 00:28.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 7th of August, 2009, 12:57
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.24 per day)
Oh look a demon covered in roads, how quaint.

Blades focus returns to the matter at hand, Sei’Jin.

Blade of the White Star whirls both of her blades in an overhead arch, as she does, she channels essence into her charka and activated the pressure points that allow the power of flame to flow forth unfettered. She likewise allows just a bit of extra power to spill over and fill the hearthstone tucked away in her bracer.

Her stance changes as she drives her twin blades forward while simultaneously crouching to lower her center of balance. Her feint is an attempt to catch her target’s unguarded midsection.

I just know he has to be slow with such a big weapon. Hopefully he doesn’t realize that I am just trying to trick him to going on the defensive as I can’t attack so soon after assuming my fire form stance.

OOC just to make certain I am crystal clear Fire Form is up an I activated my Hearthstone. Ten Essence spent.

__________________
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; Id strike the sun if it insulted me.

Ahab, Moby Dick

Last edited by qwerty123; 7th of August, 2009 at 12:59.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 7th of August, 2009, 13:01
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Great Sun... don't fail me now....

Striding toward the demon, Tiernan drops the apple core and sweeps off his wide-brimmed hat, allowing his Caste Mark to blaze forth in golden splendor.

[OOC - meaning, he spends the necessary Essence to make it shine]

"Face me, Demon!" bellows Tiernan in the most commanding voice he can muster. "I bear the mark of the Crowned Sun! We both know the ancient pacts between your kin and mine! My companions and I have summoned you because we have legitimate business that requires your attention! We have given no just cause to provoke your wrath! Put aside your anger and hear what we have to say!"

[OOC - Anticipating an imminent application of Presence, Tiernan spends the Essence necessary to maximize his Presence Excellency).
__________________

Last edited by Tiernan; 8th of August, 2009 at 12:27.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 8th of August, 2009, 07:14
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
The demon stops short of the glowing blue ring of Old Realm markings on the floor of the roof. Mid-stride it turns its head and casts its gaze upon Tiernan. It seems ready to continue forward at any moment, but it has in fact stopped its forward advances. It is now noticed that there are two long, silvery looking roads that extend from its hands, like swords.




[OOC: 8 successes is 2 more than was necessary....NICE]
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 8th of August, 2009, 09:36
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.15 per day)
Duly awed by Tiernan's words, but knowing that there is nothing verbal he can add, Erikor simply nods in agreement and steps up next to his friend. Concerned with what should happen if the monstrous demon choose to use those roads on his friends on the roof, Erikor's face becomes very serious for a moment of concentration, and he pulls the middle knot loose on his cord.

A blast of essence breaks free from the rope, surrounding Erikor in a haze for a moment. When it dissipates, there are iron spikes sprouting from his rocky flesh and iron black garments, at the pupils of his stony eyes resemble tiny furnaces, shining a dull red glow as he moves his feet quickly into an easily recognizable Snake Form stance.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 8th of August, 2009, 12:12
Tiernan's Avatar
Tiernan
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7473
Location: Afghanistan - somewhere else
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Well, you're in it now, Brother Eclipse....

"Yes, mighty one! You honor us by your consideration!" Tiernan approaches nearer to the monstrous form, hat in one hand, picnic basket in the other.

"That's better. It is so much more polite to converse without the need for shouting." Tiernan drops his hat and fishes a bottle of wine from the basket, gazing up at the demon all the while. "I do apologize for the insufficiencies of our local menu, but I neglected to inquire as to what sorts of things our honored guest might enjoy. This wine is considered the very best among my people, and sharing it would be considered a worthy gesture of peace, were we both men. No doubt one such as you has little need for or interest in the paltry pleasures of the human palatte, but I wish to convey to you the spirit in which such gestures are made. I do hope you will look favorably upon our offer of hospitality, and stay with us for a while."

I do really really hope so....

"I have heard that you are sometimes called the Quicksilver Highway. I am sometimes called the Quicksilver Falcon, although I am not the only one who bears that title. Perhaps you remember me? It has been quite some time, but I'm sure you might recognize me if you look close enough...."

[OOC - Tiernan is prepared to keep yakking with this demon for as long as he can, or as long as it takes for RSH to finish whatever it is that he's doing. We can keep texting this out, or hit the highlights... whatever you guys prefer].
__________________

Last edited by Tiernan; 8th of August, 2009 at 12:30.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 8th of August, 2009, 12:35
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
The demon's body disposition melds from a direction facing Hammer, fully to facing Tiernan. He takes a few thudding steps in that direction and looks very deeply, it seems, into Tiernan's eyes.

"YOU, HONK! Tiazek, The Binder of Fathomless Words......SKREECH! Your soul has, CRASH, been reincarnated once again, BANG. Your host, CRUNCH, is unexperienced in summoning. He has not fully bound me, CLANK, but you would with your words. What is it that you can possibly offer me that I would want more than to kill you all for your treachery, BRRRMMM, against us?"


Through some means or another you can hear Hammers voice in your head, "He exists to make roads. The road we would have him make for us would be the longest of its kind outside of the Blessed Isle......". It seems that Hammer's charm has limits.


Last edited by Thanos; 8th of August, 2009 at 12:38.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 9th of August, 2009, 00:42
hamner's Avatar
hamner
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7468
Location: las vegas
Posts: 54 (0.02 per day)
Hassan will walk over to stand at Tiernans side opposite from Erikor, keeping his eyes on the demon the entire time. Once there he will bring his weapon to rest on the roof point down while placing his hands on the pommel of his sword. His movements and demeanor look casual, with the haughty grace of nobility but his circle mates can see that he is as tense as he has ever been. He is both ready to explode into combat or to let his circle mates win the demon over with verbal judo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren