Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Explosive Cheese's Games > Fantastic Reality

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 9th of August, 2010, 11:30
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Holy crap! Um... wow that was... weird..." Peter quickly reviewed the new information that seemed to have just simply appeared in his mind. "Um... Wow..." He repeated. "Ok, I'll take detect magic detect poison and... er... Stabilize actually looks really useful, but... well yeah, I think I'll take it. For first level I guess I'll take what you suggested and cast magic weapon on... Rawg. Oh wait but my domains are luck and trickery... Um.. Ok... I'll take um... Magic weapon and doom, and true strike?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #52  
Unread 9th of August, 2010, 11:49
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.77 per day)
As Peter finishes his request, he feels another rush on his mind, though this time it's much smaller. He feels... 6 spots in his mind that he can push against, as if they were walled off from the rest of his mind somehow.

He 'senses' around each of them, and it dawns on him that each one is one of the spells he asked for. With a little more investigating, he discovers which spot is linked to which spell.

And then time rushes back, and Andon finds himself facing an angry Air Elemental again...

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 9th of August, 2010 at 11:53.
  #53  
Unread 9th of August, 2010, 12:05
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
Andon reaches for his holy symbol reflexively, which he doesn't have and recites a prayer to Calistria as he channels the power of The Unquenchable Fire into his ally Rawg in the form of a weapon. "There ya big oaf, now try hitting it!" It's about then that he realizes he's grasping thin air, and feels somewhat embarrassed.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #54  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 12:02
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.77 per day)


“Altarick's” punch connected with a force that Alex could never have dreamed of achieving in real life. The elemental reeled back, only to be caught on it's way back up by a ferocious uppercut from a charging half-ogre. The force of the blow was enough to lift the elemental well off the ground, before it fell back with a grace that only beings made entirely of air could manage.

Meanwhile, “Andon” found himself channelling his inner priest as he prepared to imbue the Half-Ogre's arm with magical power (as if it needed more). He then looked foolish when he realized that nothing happened because he wasn't holding a symbol to focus the spell through.

With a resounding CCRRRRRAAAAAAAACCKK, Peter found himself holding a lump of cheese. A kind of cheese he'd seen just a couple of minutes ago...

Here, you can use this as a divine focus until you get a holy symbol of Calistria. I am a god you know.

Feeling a little sick at holding what was very likely a piece of Dayle, Peter refocused the magic through the cheese, and this time an arc of what looked like electricity materialized for a brief moment between the cheese and Rawg's fist. When this was over, Rawg looked down at his fist and saw that it was still glowing, and Jim could feel a power flow through his arm (despite being unable to directly control it).

The Air Elemental had become enraged at the pummelling it was receiving, as could be identified by its “facial features” and the suddenly high-pitched shrieking that had replaced the dull rush the winds had been emitting before. It righted itself, and then slammed forcefully into Rawg.

Rawg grunted in response, but quickly shook it off. He wasn't even scratched.

But all the commotion caused Theresa in “her” corner to turn around, and she had been focusing so hard on remembering the spell, that she let go of her mental grip and unleashed the energy as she turned.

The result was the simultaneous appearance of four glowing light orbs around the elemntal's head. Much to Jim's dismay, Rawg was momentarily distracted by the pretty lights.

[Round 1 recap: Altarick moves to I4 and hits Air Elemental for 3 damage.
Rawg moves to I3 and hits Air Elemental for 10 damage.
Andon casts Magic Weapon on Rawg's fist. It gains +1 to attack and damage rolls. (I'm house-ruling that Unarmed Strike is a valid target for Magic Weapon, despite the what the rules say. I don't see the problem, and it would take too long to try and change now.)
Air Elemental hits Rawg for 3 damage.
Danwit casts Dancing Lights. (Theresa reached for this without realizing it. I realize you intended to have a ready action, but for the sake of moving things quicker, I interpreted this a bit. Tell me if you have an issue with this.

Round 2 begins, Altarick's action.]
  #55  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 12:44
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
Altarick began to fight to regain control of his actions and punches the air elemental again
hit 21
damage 3
he then shouted to the gnome come on shorty its just a cloud of air
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
  #56  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 12:44
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
roll to see if it crits 13
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
  #57  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 14:10
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Theresa pondered to herself. "Well, I mean, I'm a thief, right? Or rogue. Same thing. Except rogue is kinda romantic. So rogue. I bet maybe if I sneak up behind it...."

She moves to K5, picks up a rock on the way, and tries to bash the thing in the "head" curiously.

11 to hit (+2 if Air Elementals can be flanked) for 1 damage (unless a rock is more than 1d3) + 2 if they can be sneak attacked.
  #58  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 20:12
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.16 per day)
Jim tries to get Rawg's attention away from the pretty lights, before Dayle decides that the mental midget's flailing around at them (trying to get the hand with the pretty light and the air with the pretty light to touch) is un-combat like and provokes an attack. Remember, you want to knock down the pretty cloud, so you can take it with you. The lights will stay for you to play with later. Jim considers trying to get Rawg to flank the elemental with a friend, but has no good way to explain it to Rawg at the moment, as he'd probably just go back to chasing the lights if he got confused. Rawg lashes out with his prettily glowing hand, trying to hit the elemental.

hit:[roll]1d20+8[roll]
damage: 11
  #59  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 20:13
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.16 per day)
the to hit roll again (now with new and improved spacing): 28
  #60  
Unread 10th of August, 2010, 20:13
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.16 per day)
to confirm the crit: 9
  #61  
Unread 11th of August, 2010, 13:39
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Uh... what blasphemy-... Er, this better not be part of your body Dayle... Eugh... Can you at least shape it like a holy symbol to my real goddess? Hey do you know Callistria? er..." Peter suddenly remembered the fight and started watching it, trying to decide what to do next.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #62  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 10:23
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.77 per day)
After taking another bash from the half-ogre, a few jabs from the elf, and a rock to the head, the air elemental starts collapsing. The air seems to condense while simultaneously falling. The nearer it gets to the ground, the more solid it seems to become. First a humanoid outline can be seen, the gradually the shape fills out, the tone becomes more fleshy, and the top of the head darkens. As it finally reaches the ground, you're no longer looking at an Air Elemental, but at a naked man lying face down, of tanned skin, lean but muscular build, and short and unruly black hair.

He's unconscious, and a bit bruised (though not as much as one should be after two half-ogre blows and a rock to the head).
  #63  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 13:23
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"What the crap?" Peter mutters, rushing forward. "Hold, Rawg! Stop hitting him!" Shouts Andon desperately, as he is certain the half-ogre will continue his barrage if given no reason to cease. "He may know something important. We need to question him." To further be certain the ogre doesn't inadvertently bash in the man's head he moves himself between the too as he kneels down to check on him. "Hmm... Why couldn't he have been a Lady..." He grumbles, rolling the man over and checking vitals, then looking for something to cover him with.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #64  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 13:36
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
Alex follows suit and runs up to the unconscious man as he shouts, "What the hell Dayle? Why in the name of cheese would you have us beat the crap out of some random guy, and why was he originally a air elemental?"

Last edited by dabocim; 15th of August, 2010 at 12:19.
  #65  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 13:54
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Yeah, and why couldn't he have been a lady?" Andon grumbles again.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #66  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 15:11
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Theresa looks around, confused. She knew that this was some sort of weird fantasy world, but she had expected there would be some kind of logic or consistency to it. But then again, if they were all in something Dayle (the guy who thought doing a girl's homework was the key to a steady relationship, and that being "sincere" was enough to matter) had cooked up, it was likely to be all kinds of screwy.

"Okay, Dayle, what happened here?" She walks over the the naked man. "And why isn't he cuter?" She rolls him over, and looks him up and down. "Does anyone recognize him? And why the hell is he naked? Couldn't he at least have pockets with money? I thought these encounter things usually gave you stuff."
  #67  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 09:18
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.77 per day)
Okay seriously Peter, why do you always gotta be thinking about 'ladies'? - you can hear the quotes in the Dayle's tone of voice, even in your mind - Would you just get your mind out of the gutter for a bit? Sheesh.

You know, if this were really happening, you wouldn't be asking me why the air elemental turned into this guy. You'd be trying to figure out from the guy himself, hint, hint. You could at least try to stay in character...


As Dayle grumbles on, Andon manages to find a strip of bark large enough to cover the man's groin. As he slips the bark into place, the man starts mumbling a bit, and his eyes roll under their lids. Eventually he opens his eyes, and bolts upright.

"Wha - What? What's going on? Where am I?"

[The language is Common (not English), and you guys can recognise it as such, and understand it]

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 15th of August, 2010 at 12:06.
  #68  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 09:38
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Well, aren't my thoughts OOC talk anyway? It's not like anyone can hear them besides you... I mean unless they have that ability. And I don't always think about women that's Andon..." Peter grumbles mentally.

"Uh, hold on a moment friend." Andon answers, raising his hands placatingly. "We are not entirely certain ourselves about any of those things. We awoke here in this clearing as we are now and were beset upon by an elemental of air. Once we defeated it it fell to the ground and turned into you." He pauses and slowly extends his hand in greeting. "I am Andon, and these are my compatriots Rawr, Altairick, and um... yes well, can you remember anything about yourself or how you might have become an air elemental?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 24th of August, 2010 at 14:49.
  #69  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 11:30
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
"Hold on one second Andon I believe that you've forgotten our useless gnome friend Danwit. If not for him then we might have actually killed this man before he had even transformed out of this body." says Altarick in a scathing tone. He helps the man stand up and continues in a gentler tone to say, "Andon is right though we need to find out how you became an air elemental"

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 24th of August, 2010 at 14:50.
  #70  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 11:52
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"And how we ended up here with all our equipment missing, and where here is, and something to cover you with wouldn't go amiss." Andon remarks back. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about a gigantic floating intelligent piece of cheese with a face would you? Er, on second thought nevermind. Let's stick to the first questions first."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 24th of August, 2010 at 14:49.
  #71  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 11:59
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Originally Posted by dabocim # "Hold on one second Andon I believe that you've forgotten our useless gnome friend Danwit. If not for him then we might have actually killed this man before he had even transformed out of this body." says Altarick in a scathing tone. He helps the man stand up and continues in a gentler tone to say, "Andon is right though we need to find out how you became an air elemental"
"Don't you get it, Alex? You're buying in to it already You've accepted what's going on here as though you're just supposed to attack whatever you see and then move on. But it's not like that. We have as much invested here as he does. We can take control here too. I mean, Dayle's the GM, right? He wants to have fun, and he can't have fun if we don't go along. He's got to compromise, give us some of our demands. Like stuff!"

She looks around. "HEY! DAYLE! Aren't these stupid random encounters supposed to end with loot too? Where's our damn loot?"
  #72  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 12:24
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
"I hear you Theresa but it's a little hard when my character's mind keeps taking over." Says Alex, "But maybe I can learn to control it since Altarick would have a better skill set in certain situations."
  #73  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 12:42
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.92 per day)
"Um, maybe for the sake of our friend here we should cut down on the OOC banter? You know, so he doesn't think we're all lunatics. I'm sure it's confusing enough for him to wake up naked in a forest surrounded by us and be told he was an air elemental just a few seconds ago."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 15th of August, 2010 at 12:46.
  #74  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 14:34
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Originally Posted by Shoelip # "Um, maybe for the sake of our friend here we should cut down on the OOC banter? You know, so he doesn't think we're all lunatics. I'm sure it's confusing enough for him to wake up naked in a forest surrounded by us and be told he was an air elemental just a few seconds ago."
"Good point."

Theresa walks over to the naked man and looks him up and down.

"Hey sweetie. So...what's your name? And is there a Missus Guy Who Turns In To An Air Elemental?" She casually unlaces a couple laces on Danwit's shirt.
  #75  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 14:59
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.34 per day)
"Theresa give the man a minute he just woke up." Says Alex, "And by the way I believe he thinks that you are a male gnome. So I'd lay off the flirting if I were you."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren