Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Explosive Cheese's Games > Fantastic Reality

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 15:07
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Originally Posted by dabocim # "theresa give the man a minute he just woke up." says alex, "and by the way i believe he thinks that you are a male gnome. So i'd lay off the flirting if i were you."
"shit."
  #77  
Unread 15th of August, 2010, 15:55
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Of course considering how easily you got away with it last time you could always beg Dayle to make you female. Thanks to the magic of political correctness it wouldn't even alter your stats in the slightest." Peter chips in. "Might be easier to roleplay anyway. Also, I don't think he understands English."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #78  
Unread 24th of August, 2010, 15:59
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.75 per day)
If Theresa wants to flirt with men, she can do it as a male gnome as far as I'm concerned. If it bugs her so much, she can find a wizard to transmorgify her. Heck, she coulda learned to do it herself had she stayed a sorcerer, but she insisted on being a rogue, so she has to deal.

Once the air-elemental has turned into a man, Rawg loses interest in him, and returns to chasing the glowing lights with his still glowing hand.

The man's eyes widen in shock as he hears about becoming an air elemental and being subdued by this unlikely group of allies and something about cheese, and then his face registers confusion as they begin bickering in some foreign tongue. When the gnome looks at him hungrily, and unbuttons his shirt, he backs away in nervousness, clutching the bark very tightly to his groin.

In an attempt to regain some control of the situation, he decides to get up (holding the bark in place) and speak:

Thank you for subduing me. It seems to be the only way to release me from this wretched curse. Yes, you see, I was once cursed by an evil witch to turn into the air elemental you saw whenever I, er, stare at a woman's body disrespectfully.” The end of his statement is muffled, as he turns his face downward and mumbles. After a few moments though, he raises his face and waves his hand. “While in this form, I lose my mind and become quite violent. The only way to end it seems to be to knock me unconscious, and I thank you for releasing me. I will be quite glad to reward you as soon as I return to my home.

The man looks around the clearing for a few moments, and his expression brightens. “A sign of good fortune at least! While I may have travelled a bit from my home while under the curse of the witch, I recognize this forest, and we are not too far. If you will escort me on my way home, and keep the beasts of the forest at bay, I will see to it that you are shown the extent of my gratitude when we return. For you see, I am Lord Delegazim!” The man finishes this statement with an extravagant bow, and an expectant look on his face. When he sees the blank looks on the faces of the strange 'people' before him, his expression falters a bit, and his cheeks redden, but he rallies quickly. “Ah, I see you are not from this region. You see, I am quite an important and rich noble in this vicinity, so when I say you shall be rewarded, it is no empty promise. You seem eager to obtain, ah, adventuring equipment, was it? I will be happy to supply it, and give you some coin for your further journeys. My home is also quite near the village of Simmina, so anything you cannot obtain from my estate, you can buy from there, at my expense of course."

Finished talking, Delegazim turns to face the group. “So, shall you come with me?"

See guys, I told you I'd arrange to get you your gear. You just need to trust me a bit is all.
  #79  
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 02:35
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"What exactly does um... 'disrespectfully' mean?" Andon asks immediately. He wanted to know just how likely they were to have to fight the man's other side if he was going to have to escort him. The way he told it it sounded like the witch was just some jealous ugly hag who was using him to murder every attractive lady he laid eyes on.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #80  
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 03:03
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.75 per day)
"I may have been leering at this witch with my mouth hanging open and drooling... And I may have continued to do so even after she tried to get my attention... Three times...
"Fret not though! I have learned the error of my ways for the fifth time this year. You need not fear me becoming that mindless beast again!"
  #81  
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 13:47
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Chis- Er... Well you should have at least flirted my man. Simply leering is no way to treat a woman."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 25th of August, 2010 at 14:23.
  #82  
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 10:36
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Danwit's head suddenly snaps up from its previous slightly lolling position.

"Shit. Sorry guys. I kinda zoned out there for a while. I was just worrying about a paper I've got in Econ for Managers on motivating employees, and then thinking about how much of it was left. Then this guy mentioned the curse, and it made me remember that I had to read some stupid book about a vampire with a soul who's in love with a vampire hunter or some sh*t for my Pop Fiction class, and .... well, never mind. I'm here now. What's the story? Did I miss something? Are we still just waiting for moneybags to get a move on?"
  #83  
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 11:23
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Huh?" Peter turns to stare at Danwit, obviously confused. "Um... That's not a book, it's a TV show. And it's not stupid." He apparently doesn't realize he's still speaking common.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #84  
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 12:59
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.33 per day)
Alex snapped back to reality and said, "Whoa sorry I think I was doing the same thing as Theresa. A few hours of role playing will do that to you huh." He then turned to the lord, "Lord Delgezaim was it. I would like to apologize for that beating we gave you. I would also like to thank you for your offer of supplies. We need them quite a lot." He turned back to Theresa and said, "What book are you talking about?"
  #85  
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 13:49
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
"Whatever, man. It's totally stupid. I mean, come on. He's a vampire. But he's all lovey-dovey. And there's some girl, and she's supposed to be born to kill vampires? But now they're in love? Wait, a TV show? So, like, how many of them are there? A lot?"
  #86  
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 15:40
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"It's not a book." Peter repeats, transitioning back to English almost without thinking about it. "I know it seems like kind of a stupid premise but if you give it a chance it's actually a really awesome show." He continues to Theresa.

"It went for 7 seasons and there was a spinoff that started the same time as season four. I could give you the DVDs if you like. I mean, you know, after this. The first season is short too so you should have time to watch it... Jeez, can't think how you could possibly get the full gist of the show in such a short time though. I mean, even if you have Netflix it'd take a while to watch it all, plus the spinoff which ties in... and then there's the graphic novel continuation which I haven't even gotten around to reading yet... But I guess I'm talking too much huh... Um... you wanna talk about it later? After we help this guy back home? We could like... hm, it's too bad we can't watch DVDs here. With the time difference and all that."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #87  
Unread 10th of September, 2010, 15:03
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.31 per day)
Danwit/Theresa shake his head and throws up his hands. "You know, it's shit like that that I don't miss already. Won't miss...Whatever. You know what I mean. Schiess. Fluffy lovey tripe shoved in to every story to make it palatable to the idiots who sit on their asses all day doing nothing. You know what kind of romance Trek has? Kirk screws everything that moves, and dominates all the rest of the galaxy. THAT is a man, and a show. He never spent an episode bemoaning his fate and wishing he could send flowers to some green skinned slave girl! NO!"

She spins, facing the mostly naked man (eyes to groin, ain't she lucky?), and glared at him. "YOU! You probably....You probably don't understand me." She concentrates. "YOU! You got yourself and us in to a problem. We fixed it. TAKE US TO YOUR DAMN CASTLE! And I swear, if you even so much as glance at my ass, I will punch you in the balls."
  #88  
Unread 10th of September, 2010, 17:32
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.91 per day)
"Whoa... hey... no need to go all Ayn Rand on us..." Peter mutters, taken aback by the sudden, seemingly uncalled for outburst. "I don't think our new friend... ahem... swings that way, Danwit." He turns his attention back to the man. "Well, I suppose we'd best be going before the little guy injures himself in his excitement. Lead the way?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #89  
Unread 11th of September, 2010, 05:48
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.75 per day)
Delagazim seems confused at the discussion his invitation prompted, and the language this strange group kept reverting to. When the gnome turned and started screaming into his groin and insinuating that he would ogle the horrid little thing's rear end, he jumped back in fright, clutching the bark tightly over his threatened area.

"Ahem, yes, well I did say that you were invited to my castle, and was merely awaiting your response to my invitation. Since it seems we have reached an agreement, of sorts, if you'll simply follow me..."

He turned and started walking out the clearing (towards the east for those that can make discern that), and the group of gamers followed him out, bickering as they went.

[End Prologue]
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren