Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Eidolon

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #226  
Unread 11th of March, 2003, 19:13
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.28 per day)
Finding he sitting in the corner of the common room with Shade again, Nicos takes occasional swigs of his flask, well on the way on becoming drunk, and drowning the memory of both the recent past, and some more distant.

Looking up to find Maeko and Laronar standing there. Pushing out two chairs with his feet, the bard motions them to sit.

"Sit down. It seems it is time for tales, and as everyone knows, a tale is the province of the bard. So we should all take turns. Maeko why don't you go first?"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #227  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 00:44
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Maeko drew a breath and started, after a dubious glance to Laronar:“ You know I came West looking for stolen relic. The night of the theft a sister had be maimed for life, I had been tricked and incapacitated...it was my duty to recover the Bowl.

I told you I set myself up to be bait... what I did not tell you is that I was not alone: a group of sisters was always within scrying distance.”

Shade’s head came up, in her eyes Maeko could read a clear accusation ‘you have used us’.

“ They were not to interfere.” She added ” ‘No intervention at all until the thieves are located’ were orders.
When I was taken, they had the elements they needed to get in and capture criminal. I have been told he has confessed and has told the sisters all he knew. The Bowl of the Perfect Master has been recovered.”

“They would have left you to die” came Nicos’ voice, with the carefully precise pronunciation of somebody trying to appear sober.

“ My life not important, if I died it was karma, sister would have taken my place, or I, in my next life, or the next, would have picked up mission” answered the nun, the portrait of serenity.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #228  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 01:07
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.80 per day)
Not important?

The words penetrate the depth of Shade's anger, draining it away like water down a drain. She is left feeling empty and cold, wondering why this self-reliant woman would bend to such obscure winds. A glimmer of hope comes to her and she speaks up urgently.

"Stay, then. Here you are with friends, those who would stand by your side. You cannot believe that these sisters - ", the word is thick with contempt, " - care for you."

Surely the reasonable Maeko would listen to logic. Surely she would see that idealism and survival were two different things. Surely she would not leave.
  #229  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 01:44
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.28 per day)
Listening to Maeko talk, Nicos is greatly reminded of the brothers from his old monastery, and their fanatic disregard for some of the basics of life.

Small wonder I left the order, When Lassil showed me what the real world was like.

Hearing Shade's offer for the nun to stay, Nicos shakes his head, disbelieving that she would accept it none the less he remains silent, just in case she does.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #230  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 08:34
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
They did not understand.
How could I hope that they would? They believe we have ony one life, they do not know of the Wheel and the Law.
And it is not the duty of the Order to bring knowledge and wisdom to the un-initiated? came a treacherous thought. For a moment Maeko saw herself travelling with her companions, her friends, bringing the words of Master Botahara to these dark, uncouth lands.

Shade and Nicos waited, what was that glimmer in the rogue's eyes? Hope? A wish that she did not dare speak aloud?

Maeko's heart turned in her chest, she and them had fought together, shared food and thoughts, saved each other's life, her mission was completed, surely it would be permitted to her to chose her own path, now...

Unbidden, an image came back to her: the day of her own consacration.

The whole monastery was in the 1000 Disciples Pavillion, lanterns and incense burning . Still giddy from her ordeal in the secret rooms, with the Dragon and the Phoenix freshly branded on her arms, in front of the whole community she had repeated the first words every novice learns by heart:

" I take refuge in the Perfect Master, I take refuge in the Law, I take refuge in the Order".

No 'buts' no 'ifs'.

She breathed deeply, there was sorrow in her eyes as she spoke, but she was careful not to let it tinge her voice.

" I owe my life to Order. I was left there, to live or die, during caresty. They took me in, trained me.
I believe what Order stands for, If I turned back now I would be ...just shadow.
I cannot stay".

Please, understand... begged her eyes.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 12th of March, 2003 at 08:42.
  #231  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 22:34
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.28 per day)
Tuning out the magority of what Maeko says, once it becomes clear she will be leaving regardless. Once she has stoped her mini-semon, Nicos holds up up his flask as if to give a toast.

"We'll them Maeko, I wish you the best with what ever fate brings you."

She is too wound up in it all. Better to cut this off, then make it any more painfull then it needs to be.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #232  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 01:59
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.80 per day)
Shade's own glass remains untouched as Nicos lifts his. She wasn't going to let it go so easily. She leans forward, her voice still low but the urgency has moved closer to anger.

"Because they took you in doesn't mean you still owe them. Your life isn't theirs, it is yours, to do with as you choose. Don't let someone else make you believe otherwise."

She sits back in her chair, eyes still locked with Maeko. Beneath the calm, Shade could sense the emotion there, just as she was sure Maeko could sense her own. The rogues shoulders slump just the tiniest bit and she turns her gaze away first. The monk believed in what she was doing, it wasn't out of guilt. That was clear no matter how much Shade wished it weren't.

She has more purpose than to wander aimlessly with me.

Deep down she had always known that, she supposed. How like Cadrius this woman seemed now - a servant to principles that Shade couldn't even comprehend. Destined for a higher purpose, confident in their decisions, comforted by their deeds. Her voice is soft when she speaks again.

"Very well. I can see you will go no matter what I say. Maybe one day you'll feel differently; if that day comes remember what I said."
  #233  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 03:35
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Maeko held the rogue's gaze for a long moment.

" I will remember, Shade". She said. slowly and clearly.

To the other woman it felt like a promise, Maeko had never called her by name before.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #234  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 09:18
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
As the others exhibit no sign of a fight, beyond looking worn out by something, Blarth returns to his thoughts.

Okay, so I got up this morning and went looking for Trak. I couldn't find him and the locals threw stones at me so I came back here. Sir Paladin was having breakfast and I asked him for help with finding Trak. We went to the barraks where we found out Trak had been arrested and was being held in the Temple of Heironious. We came back here, where Sir Paladin had a strange conversation with a couple of people, one of who is sitting over at that table.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 17th of March, 2003 at 05:19.
  #235  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 11:04
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Laronar sits looking on, unsure of what is going on.

What is this, I only met her last night and she seemed content with these people; Why now?

Laronar is left to be a mere spectator as Nicos gives Maeko a warm hearted toast and farewell, and then Shade's less then comforting comments. Unneasy, Laronar clears his throat, slightly unsure of what to do, to keep silent or speak;

"I wish you good tidings, and whatever you decide upon brings you good fortune."

Returning to his glass of wine;

Perhaps not the best time to wish her luck.

Glancing upward to find both Nicos and Shade staring at him, giving him daggers.
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #236  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 11:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Then Sir Paladin got really weird and headed towards the Temple of his god. I followed as fast as I could and ended up fighting this really strange man who bled crystals. Sir Paladin was knocked unconcious during the fight, so I moved him out of harms way and went inside to check the temple. I found Trak inside, so it must have been the Temple of Heironious. Some guards found me in the temple and said that Sir Paladin's body had dissapeared. I went outside to help look for him but the guards didn't want my help and told me to come back here.



Hey, wait a minute, I haven't told anyone that Sir Paladin is missing. Those two over at the table who know him might not know yet. I better go tell them.


Getting up Blarth wanders over to the table where the others are. Standing on the perifery of the group he waits to be recognized.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 17th of March, 2003 at 05:25.
  #237  
Unread 13th of March, 2003, 18:11
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
A few moments pass as the Door explodes once more, this time two guards stumble into the room and after a quick glance around they up positions near the door and everyone stops and stares.

Three figures enter next. All three wear the same coloured robes, brown with gold trimming and strange runic and magical writing all over. The two at the back glance around the room while the third looks ahead up the stairs towards the rooms. Outside two more guards glance inside but remain outside near the open door.

"I'll take care of this, you two stay here." Says the man, in his early fourties with dark black hair.
"Agreed brother but what if we're too late?" Says another much younger towards the back.
"Remain quite neophyte, we've arrived as fast as we could." Said the man standing next to him.

The first man walks forward with suprising speed unchallenged towards the stairs and disappears up them towards the rooms, the two continue their conversation.

"But!" says the Neophyte.
"Just be quiet and pray to the three divine for their blessings." Answers the man calmly.
"Yes Master." Answers the Neophyte.

Only a moment or two pass before the first man's returning footsteps can be heard as he walks down the stairs.

"Is it as we expected?" Asks the 'master'.
"Nay, his wounds have been seen too - but just to be on the safe side I think we'll take him to our facilities where the trio can watch over him more easily." Answered the first man with a deep voice.

As he spoke Cadogan's form came floating down the stairs. Nicos near by jumped up and spat out his Ale on the floor. Although Cadogan still lay passed out his body seemed to float effortlessly in the air as though he was still laying in bed.

"Filthly." The man says staring at Nicos the 'drunkard' near by. "We should leave this place before we catch something."
"Agreed." Replied the Master.
"Wait!" Quickly spoke the Neophyte.
The two men remain silent but reguard the young boy.
"Perhaps, if his wounds are tended to I mean, there is someone here who helped, or even knows him?" Explained the Neophyte nerviously.

The two men pondered quietly for a moment staring at each other, before finally one of them spoke.

"Who here knows this man." He said outloud pointing to Cadogan's prone form hovering silently in the middle of the room.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 14th of March, 2003 at 01:38.
  #238  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 03:28
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.28 per day)
"Wazis?" Nicos slurs, now well and truely drunk, and staring at the sight of Cadogan floating.

"Thwiz an' ol' saying, thwiz.Whenz zepeople whos don't ment be afwy'n start, tim' ta sto' da drwinking"

Putting aside his alcohol, it takes Nicos a moment to hear the man speak.

"knowz'em yasay? 'o'cr'se i's knowz 'em. 'zez, lik' me brower, 'ez iz. lik' me brower. Zy, no' jus' tada, I adda ten' ta 'is urts I didz. lik' me brower!"

((OOC: Translation to non-drunk:
What is this?

There is an old saying, when people start flying, who are not ment to be, it is time to stop drinking.

Know him you say? Ofcourse I know him. He is like my own brother. Why just today I had to tend to his 'hurts'. Like my borther

))
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #239  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 03:48
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.80 per day)
Cadrius, Maeko, even Itches: all gone and nothing she could do about it. Now these people showed up with the thought that they would just take Cadogan without his permission. On top of everything else, it was simply too much. Normally, Shade probably would not have gotten involved but things weren't normal at the moment. Maybe she got up because of the others that had left, or maybe it was just so she wouldn't have to think about them. Either way, her chair scrapes ominously as she rises and moves to block Cadogan's exit.

She eyes to wizards coldly, her hands resting easily on the twin hilts of her blades. Try me her eyes fairly screamed.

"I know him. And he won't be leaving here until he's well enough to do it on his own."
  #240  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 04:06
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
" I know him too, And I agree with my friend here" added a short, bald woman who had been sharing the other two's table.
The Master had mistaken her for a boy at first, but he quickly revised his opinion, she was no boy, and sounded very determined.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #241  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 06:39
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
What in the name of Gruumsh? That man is floating in midair and sleeping at the same time! Standing with his mouth agape, Blrath blinks and rubs his eyes, unable to beleive what he sees. Dumbfounded he watches as the scene in front of him plays out.
  #242  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 15:24
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
The oldest man looked at everyone in the room, their comments apparently washing over him, avoiding making eye contact with Nicos he speaks.

"Who tended his wounds?" The man waits for an answer.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #243  
Unread 14th of March, 2003, 15:37
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
They can't take Cadogan...they can't

Laronar remains seated, angered by the arrogance of these alleged wizards. Attempting to take Cadogan, without his consent, disregarding everyone. It didn't seem right to do this, it couldn't be right...it's not right.

Although the Parley had begun, Laronar was to gathered in his own thoughts. Although untimely, Laronar adds;

"He isn't going anywhere, not unless it is of his own will to do so."
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #244  
Unread 15th of March, 2003, 04:16
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.28 per day)
"Watz yo sa'ng" Nicos sluurs, trying to stand up.

"Didn' y'u no li'en ta me? I 'endededed 'ims 'oonds. ye' si', ma!"

At last it seems to penitrate the bards alcohol addles brain, the he didn't know these people, and he draws himself up, one hand out to the side to steady himself. Then speaking in a slow deliiberate way, to try and mask the fact the he is drunk he questions.

"Wait. Who are you, and where are you taking my freind?"



Drunk translation:

What are you saying?

Didn't you listen to me, I tended his wounds. Yes sir, me!
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #245  
Unread 18th of March, 2003, 03:28
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.31 per day)
The man looks a little more then taken back by the claims made by Nicos but as no one contradicts them the truth soon comes to light.

"Give the man and any who helped him this - but only when he is sober." He tosses a bag of coins (300gp) towards Shade. He regarded the large number of people protesting.

"Cadogan will be coming with us, though I can see he has many friends here. Andromaus handle this matter while I take Cadogan to aid." The older man nodded to the master uttering a few words. "Oh and try not to miss your target this time, I'll meet you in the courtyard when you're done." The man's words echoed as both himself and Cadogan disappeared from sight as though neither where there at all.

"Listen closely - I will only say this once. Cadogan is with friends, and is getting much aid. Like all our kin his survival is far greater then any commitments he has made to you." The man tries to calm the anger swelling in everyone's eyes at the disappearance of Cadogan. He clears his throat before he continues.

"Any of you who wish to seek him will find him - in good safety and health - within the confines of our blessed Citadel, two days due North-west. Into the mountainous cliff ridden valleys of the wastelands. The path is not easy, and the goal is hidden but you will find your way if you truly seek that which is there." He steps back towards the Neophyte touching the young trainee on the shoulder.

"I will put forward a warning however to those who wish us harm and have hatred towards our magical practises and nature." The man speaks glancing towards some of the more shady characters around him. "We are well prepared to defend ourselves and fight, many of our number are skilled adversaries, and while we wish little to do with conflict, if conflict you seek then conflict will meet you on the cliffs of the desolated zones." Uttering a few more words in the form of a mumble. He and the young lad disappear into thin air also.

The guards in the room, look at each other before nodding towards the barkeep and exiting the tavern somewhat shocked and confused disappearing no doubt to report their encounter to their commander.

<OOC: Cadogan's tale continues in Subchapter 4b - The Citadel>
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Gralhruk; 19th of November, 2003 at 06:25.
  #246  
Unread 18th of March, 2003, 05:05
Megamieuwsel's Avatar
Megamieuwsel
Vampiric Clown

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #6
Location: Haarlem , Nederland.
Posts: 115 (0.02 per day)
Meanwhile , somewhere undescribable...

The essence of what once was held in the body of a lean spellslinger , is floating in a state of near-oblivion.

"He's not ready yet."
.....
.....
.....
I'm not? Who said that?
.....
.....
.....
"What d'ya mean , not ready yet? Loki got him real good , if you ask me."
......
......
What appears to be ages passes...
.....
.....
.....
"Yep! And he's got some explaining to do for that too. Y'know how pissed Odin can be when fucked over by that little twit of your brother."
.....
.....
.....
Good grief! It's the gods themselfes. Why can't I see them?
.....
.....
.....
"PIPE DOWN MORTAL! We didn't ask you anything! Well Heimmdal ;Then what is the old man up to with this piece of dirt?"
.....
.....
.....
"Thor , you're such a jerk where mortals are concerned. You should do my job for a century or two....
You might actually learn something , though I doubt your abillities in that field.
And no : I don't have the faintest notion , what the Allfather is planning with this man , but I have a standing order to send him back."


Then: complete oblivion again.....

Untill.....
Wracking pains sear his body as Megamieuwsel writhes in severe spasms on the floor of the tavern-room.
...
Wait a minute! Body?.......
  #247  
Unread 18th of March, 2003, 05:31
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
As the strangers wink out of existance with the blind man, Blath's expression goes from one of dumbfoundedness to outright disbeleif. Frantically he goes over to where these people had been only moments ago and begins waving his arms around searching for any sign of their continued existance. So intent is he on his search that he doesn't even notice the arrival of the naked human until he trips over him, sprawling ackwardly on the floor. Shaking his head as he gets to his knees, Blarth looks back over his shoulder, expecting to see the chair he tripped over only to realize that chair was a person. Blown out of his mind, Blarth begins backing up on all fours, stumbling as he goes until his back is against the bar. There he sits with a look of terror and confusion on his face, clearly unable to comprehend what has happened.
  #248  
Unread 18th of March, 2003, 05:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Shamus had done his best to ignore the presence of the three strangers in his bar, seeing as they were accompanied by guardsmen and all, but even the practiced calm of a bartender couldn't help but be shocked by their sudden disappearence into thin air. Blinking and shaking his head, Shamus makes a point of going back to cleaning his already clean bar until the noise from Blarth's fall causes him to look up again. Seeing the new arrival laying in the middle of the floor, Shamus grabs a bottle and a glass and pours himself a large glass of whiskey which he downs in one swallow. Calling for Claire to bring a sheet, towel, or something, he busstles his way out from behind the bar and makes his way over to the newcommer.
  #249  
Unread 18th of March, 2003, 09:23
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Laronar slouches in his seat, staring down at the wooden table.

If he is in good hands...

"What shall we.."

Laronar, is interrupted by a sudden flash, squinting, Laronar focuses on the source, discovering it to be a man, naked, sprawled upon the floor. Blarth, tripping over the figure is shocked most of all, expecting something other then a man.

"What is this!! As Cadogan disappears, another man appears. What is happening...what!!"
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #250  
Unread 20th of March, 2003, 06:26
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.80 per day)
The bag of coins drops with an audible thunk near Shade, the rogue having made no effort to catch it. She bristles at the man's words, drawing her blades, but he is gone before steel clears leather. Her knuckles whiten as those left behind continue the hollow diatribe; she has a hard time paying attention as anger boils up.

"Those who wish him harm? It was his decision to travel with us and he would be dead if we hadn't helped. What right do you think you have to spirit him off like . . . "

Her words fade as the wizards simply disappear, leaving her with nothing else to say. She could feel Maeko's presence off to her side, and yet it does not comfort her. She would be leaving as well. Shade, who is more used to leaving than being left, feels the sudden departures deeply.

The excited shouts as another being pops into existence jar her back to reality. She spins fluidly, bringing her twin blade to a guard position, fully expecting that one of the wizards had returned.

Now we'll see who listens to who.

Instead, there is a man sprawled on the floor. Strangely enough (or not strange at all when compared to appearing out of thin air) the man was stark naked. Blarth seizes the opportunity to scramble backwards on all fours. Shade, far more weary of this day than hours can count, can only shake her head.

At least he's human.

The barkeep rushes over to care for his new guest - no doubt another paying customer will make him happy, though where he might be hiding his money was anybody's guess. Shade is content to leave the others to see to the man. She's had enough fun for one day. Wandering over to Nicos, she sheathes her swords and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm going to bed."

She stops on the way to the stairs near a young, bald monk. Her gray eyes stare searchingly into Maeko's dark, almond shaped ones. She embraces the monk wordlessly for a long moment before holding her at arms length.

"Remember what I said. I wish you contentment where ever you go. I'll see you in the morning."

It wasn't likely, but she had never been good at saying good-bye.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren