Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 29th of May, 2007, 18:36
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
"Of course I will be staying with you for safety in numbers. The demons have fouled the soil with their filth and who knows what they would do to me if I were caught alone. "

My whole life consists of surviving. Be it eking out a living in Nexus at the markets;" Kami grits her teeth with the next part of the phrase, a private pain faintly reflected in her eyes [OOC: See speech in italics] "suffering the whims of a Prince of the Earth or of running headlong to escape that which is behind me. Delcaring openly our origins in a public room at an inn is not something which will endear me to you as it threatens MY neck. Your words indicate a background of education or natural ability but you seem to be lacking in worldly experience.

Think a little more carefully about your words next time, if there is one.

None of you have proven yourself worthy of being my ally instead of an acquaintance but my mind is yet to be made up.

Now please excuse me, I am still certain that something is amiss with Silver Wind."

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 29th of May, 2007 at 18:44.
  #52  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 04:16
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
With no amount of hurt in his voice, and even the hint of some relief, Gorthas says, "Very well, I will watch myself and my words more closely. Good luck with Silver Wind in the stables, I hope all is well. And my promise remains true."

Then just as he turns to walk back into the inn, he stops and looks back at Kami, "Also, if you need someone to talk to about... anything, I'll be waiting." Then he walks back into the inn to see how everyone else is doing.
  #53  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 07:33
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Nodding in return to Gorthas, she darts out the door and walks steadily towards the stables where she saw Silver Winds' horse being taken when they had reached the inn.

Getting close to the stables, she walks softly on the balls of her feet, attempting to quiet her footsteps, unsure of the welcome or even what Silver Winds' state of mind would be. Peering around the corner into the row of stalls she sees....

[OOC Dex + Stealth: 2 successes. Over to you, red]
  #54  
Unread 3rd of June, 2007, 18:53
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind made quick time to the stables, unaware and, for the moment, uncaring of the discussions happening back at the inn. When she arrived, she was relieved to see Kheervis unharmed still, his coat showing no signs of being sullied since she'd cleaned him the previous day. Whispering a good morning to the finest in Riverspeak, Silver Wind began the daily chores of taking care of a horse that was bred into the blood of all Marukani. Another, less extensive cleaning, checking the food and water, ensuring there were no injuries that needed tending to, and a host of other menial tasks.

Through it all, Silver Wind hummed a song, one that her father had taught her. It was a song that her family always sung in the morning around the horses, and Silver Wind sung it now without even thinking. She didn't notice the Lunar that had graced her with her presence. After humming for several minutes, she stopped, and words left her mouth in the same tune she had just been humming.

"The winds blew across the plains
lifting up the graceful bird.
And so it was I took great pains
to be quite silent, without a word.

For in my sight, before my eyes
there stood a sight never told.
I do not deceive, I cannot lie.
There was a horse with a coat of gold.

Its size was massive, too great for words.
It stood much higher than the woods.
Its mane became the clouds up high
rising up into the sky.

I could not speak.
Only stare in awe.
My knees beneath grew so weak.
I knew I stood before a God."

No more words left Silver Wind's mouth. She simply went back to humming, and continued with her chores.

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 4th of June, 2007 at 11:16.
  #55  
Unread 3rd of June, 2007, 22:54
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
The affectionate care given to the horse oddly reminded her of her own long departed friend, the cat whose name she had taken.

Kamil tilts her head to one side, the verses stimulating her memory, bringing to mind the busy marketplaces of her childhood and of happier times. The words of the tune remained beyond recall, but the tune came to mind with the last bars.

Quietly reaching the edge of the stall, she hums the next stanza, loaf of bread and jug of juice in hand, though perhaps not needed.

"Is everything alright Silver Wind?" It looked like you fled the breakfast table post haste. Oh, and, good morning."

She moves closer to the horse, gazing at the sheen of its' coat.

"Your friend looks hale and hearty and well tended. You avoided my question in the inn Silver Wind - what are your plans? What goal do you have in mind besides survival? Though I can respect that being a goal unto itself."

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 4th of June, 2007 at 12:14. Reason: Originally written at 11pm. Edited after re-reading
  #56  
Unread 6th of June, 2007, 07:55
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Back in the tavern Tiden thought about what Kami has said. Why am I not back in the wilderness? I suppose I was getting bored of being so far away from civilization. I wanted to be able to see what it’s like for our cousins, the Solars who are constantly hunted. See what it is like to be on the other side of a hunt, so I that may better myself next time. It’s my turn to be the hunter. That is why I offered my services to the Solars. Or maybe I have come back to civilization as a way of confronting my past.... After his small revelation, Tiden wished that he could have answered Kami's question when she said it and considered following her to tell her his answer, but decided to keep it to himself for now.

Interrupted from his thoughts by a sudden lack of food on his plate Tiden took a look at those still at the table.

"So what now? Where are you all headed? I can’t speak for Icarus and I have my own reasons.... but I’m willing to travel with all of you... for now at least."

Last edited by CouchpotatoGOD; 29th of June, 2007 at 15:49.
  #57  
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 10:56
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Lacuna shifts in her chair.

"... I don't really have anywhere to go. I feel like the best place for me right now is with all of you. The realm will surely pursue as long as they believe you possess the artifact. I know all about their resources, strategy, politics, you name it. My best place is with the group. I can help. "

Shaedra nods to this. She turns to Tiden, her expression showing she's obviously made up her mind about something.

"The way my memory... well, I mean... my place is with Silver Wind. For now, I go where she goes."
  #58  
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 15:54
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Sitting back down at the table as Tiden poses his question, Gorthas responds, "Honestly I wasn't headed anywhere. I just hoped to run into others with... talents like myself. The fact of the matter is, I feel we each have the capacity to truly shape Creation into something greater than it already is, unfortunetly, even with the Gifts we have been given, it can be difficult for any one of us alone to put our Gifts to good use... considering how Creation tends to view those with our Talents. Alone, we'd be swallowed by Creation and our Gifts would go to waste, together we can truly create something lasting and meaningful. So honestly, the only place I was headed to was where there were more who wanted to improve upon the current state of Creation. I only hope that's what I found." Gorthas adds with a warm smile on his face.
  #59  
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 19:13
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind spun at the sound of someone humming behind her suddenly. She hadn't heard anyone enter, so the sight of Kami standing there with food and drink caught her completely off guard. She hesitantly turned back to tending to Kheervis as the taller woman spoke. She listened silently as Kami greeted her, and even when she praised Kheervis in good health.

But when Kami asked what Silver Wind's plans were, she froze in place, crouching in front of a bad, holding a utensil that, Kami recognized, was used for checking a horse's teeth. Her back was to the Lunar as she spoke. "I...I want to...." She trailed off, her long hair lying among the strands of hay, simply crouched in silence. Finally, after a moment, she spoke, her back still to Kami, her voice barely aubible in a whisper as she spoke in her native tongue. "Do you really need to know that badly?"

Nearby, Kheervis nickered and brushed the ground with one of his hooves, obviously unsettled.
  #60  
Unread 8th of June, 2007, 19:24
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Setting down her food and drink, Kami palms a cube of sugar from her pocket, unsure if the horse will find it a nice treat or not but holds it out in offering to the shifting animal. Her attention is focused primarily on the back of Silver Wind, a small frown creasing, then smoothing before creasing again.

Her voice initially forms her thus-far typical lecturing tone but softens, trying to rein herself in.
"No, I don't need to know. I asked because I thought you were in pain - it is a terrible thing to shoulder a burden by yourself but if you don't want to talk then either its' not important or you're not ready."

She adds, apparently to herself, "I know I'm not."
  #61  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 06:53
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind thought back to everything she'd left behind. She thought back to the flowing plains of her home, the sun giving the land the look of being made of gold. Horses galloping or idly grazing as she tended to the needs of her ranch. And the people that had been there.

Kheervis, meanwhile, eagerly ate the sugar cube from Kami. After finishing, he nudged the side of his face against her hand, obviously wanting to be stroked.

Silver Wind fell out of her reviere when she felt Kheervis' enjoyment of the sugar cube, and a smile spread on her face. She rose up and turned to face Kami. "Did you ever learn to ride a horse?"
  #62  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 06:56
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
"Ah.... no... I've uh... never had the opportunity to ride a horse."

Kami looks doubtfully at the horse. "He won't bite if I pet him?"
  #63  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 07:47
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind chuckled. "He won't bite you, I promise." She moved over to the finest and directed Kami's hand to Kheervis' golden mane. "However, I need to do a quick check up on his teeth so if you could pet him here on his mane I'd appreciate it. I'm sure Kheervis would too."

Kheervis snorted in opinion at the tool Silver Wind held in her hand. "Oh hush you," Silver Wind said to her companion. "I know you don't like this but I need to make sure your teeth aren't rotting out." Kheervis snorted his dislike of all this again, but he let Silver Wind open his mouth anyways to check his teeth.

"Would you like to learn how to ride one," she asked Kami while she looked into her horse's mouth.
  #64  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 07:56
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Kami uncertainly pets and tugs on the horse's mane, eyeing him suspciously as if expecting him to bite on her fingers. "There was a stable in the Nexus' market selling horses, I could hear and smell them from my mothers' stall when we would set up shop. Its' where I heard the faint hymms of the poem you were humming to tell truth.

Would ah... Kheervis is it? want to be ridden? I'm fairly certain that with time I'll gain the ability to take on shape of a horse, though of course I wouldn't harm your friend. It looks like your friend needs a good deal of care and tending to, isn't he able to look after himself?"

She gently strokes the rich mane of SW's finest, still looking at Kheervis uncertainly in the eye, trying to calm the beast with something familiar she resumes humming the bars she can recall from the days of her youth to continue her companion's song.
  #65  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 08:01
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind glanced up from Kheervis' mouth at Kami's statement, but quickly went back to looking his teeth over. She spoke while still inspecting his mouth. "Why would learning to take the shape of a horse possibly harm Kheervis?"
  #66  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 08:04
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Kami looks distinctly uncomfortable, this being the frist time she's talked about her own experiences as an Exalt to another soul.

"Ah. I found that.. with the hunt and the kill I can take on my prey's form. Usually it was out of necessity, I've never gone out of my way to stalk a particular animal."
  #67  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 08:32
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
"Ah," Silver Wind said, distracted by something she'd found in Kheervis' mouth. But then her mind started to piece together what Kami was saying. Her statement of not harming Kheervis combined with her explination of how a Lunar learns a new shape...

"Hiparkes mane..." She dropped the tool she was using, which fell to the ground with a dull thud. She looked up at Kami, her eyes wide with shock. "You mean you have to kill an animal to take its shape?"
  #68  
Unread 9th of June, 2007, 08:39
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Kami sighs and nods, herself not quite at peace with this part of her apparent Lunar heritage, she slowly backs up to the door of the stable stall, ready to bolt if SW should take particular umbrage and turn violent.

"Yes. Like any predator in the wild, I need to hunt and kill to take on an animal's shape. I'm not entirely sure of why or how it works... only that it does. I imagine Tiden and the others could explain it better than I can. The first time... it... it was my friend..."

Kami looks pleadingly at SW for compassion and understanding. "Wouldn't you kill your finest to save him from a slow, long and lingering death better than the quick release that you could give him? His form... and the others that I have taken... have saved my life more than once... I know that Kami gave up his life to save my life. Wouldn't Kheervis do the same for you?"
  #69  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 12:50
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Kami's questions were like a blow to Silver Wind's gut. The idea of Kheervis being injured was always in the back of her mind, always taunting her when she made decisions that might bring him in harms way. But there had never even been a glimmer of thought at him ever dying.

Silver Wind looked at Kheervis, her green eyes staring into his large brown ones. He understood the woman's statements, and she could feel his answer instantly through their bond. But she couldn't seem to come up with one of her own. Whenever she thought of Kheervis lying there in front of her, suffering so much pain he simply wanted her to kill him...

Her mind just froze. She couldn't get past that horrific image, couldn't see what she would do in that situation. "I....I...."

She looked up at Kami, saw her tattoos, saw her as the cat she had been just yesterday, and the confusion and horror in her eyes simply...vanished. She turned back to Kheervis and went back to checking his teeth.

"I think you should leave now."
  #70  
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 22:04
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
She had, for a moment, dared hope for acceptance of who she had become but it was in vain.

Moving slowly, deliberately, trying to put back in place theformless mask to hide the pain she had allowed to show, Kami puts down the food, drink and and the rest of the cubes in her pocket next to the bread.

"I did not ask for what happened to me. I am what I am."


Quietly, she slips away, returning to the inn and resumes her seat back at the table with not a word nor glance to her companions at the side, concentrating on chewing her breakfast.

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 27th of June, 2007 at 22:31.
  #71  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 16:05
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden listened in silence as they all responded to his question. After Gorthas’s speech he was unsure of how to respond and finally decided after a few seconds that he had to say something.

“…I understand. It can hard to understand what our purpose is… though not having a plan of some sort isn’t helping. I am going to see what the rider and our young ward have to say.”

Without waiting to see if anyone would come with him, Tiden left the inn in search of Kami. Incidently, Tiden passes her on her way back in. He decides not to speak to her after seeing the look on her face and instead continued on to look for Silver Wind. When Tiden finally found her, he noticed the hardened expression on her face and decided he didn’t want to get involved with whatever the two women were talking about. Nevertheless, he thought he should still ask her about her plans before leaving.

“Eclipse…” Tiden paused to make sure she was listening. “So far I have asked everyone except you and the Nain-Ya. The group currently has no direction, though everyone wishes to stay as one. I must know your intentions.”
  #72  
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 14:47
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
After watching Kami come in and just quietly eat for a little bit, Gorthas leans closer to her and whispers with concern in his voice, "You do not look very well. Is everything okay with Silver Wind... and with you?"
  #73  
Unread 5th of July, 2007, 21:02
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Kami turns and looks back at Gorthas, the carefully blank expression on her face wavering a fraction at his question and she answers back with an equally quiet murmur to this new Lunar companion, though her words seem to be half-rhetorical, half reply.

"It seems that even amongst other Anathema what I am is more important than who I am. Tiden has offered to teach me more about myself. Silver Wind doesn't understand and neither do I."
  #74  
Unread 6th of July, 2007, 16:14
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Gorthas almost laughs at Kami's statement, but he restrains himself and whispers back to her, "Little One, no one can tell you about yourself but yourself. You are Kami, being a Lunar doesn't change that. You can channel Essence, you can change forms, you might even learn Sorceries one day and others can tell you about that, but not about who you are. And that is what's most important, who you are, and you must remain true to that, 'cause if you lose sight of who you are you've lost a lot more than what any being can take away from you."
  #75  
Unread 11th of July, 2007, 12:52
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra finished the last of her breakfast in silence. She hadn't had much to add to the conversation so far, and it didn't seem as though the group was going to need her opinion again for a little while. She pushed her now empty plate and cup towards the center of the table and stood up.

"Excuse me, I need to go clear my head," She said before heading out of the Inn and into the yard outside. She looked around and saw Silver Wind tending to Kheervis in the stable, but decided against going to talk to her. Shaedra had the feeling that Silver Wind wanted the chance to be alone with Kheervis and she respected that. Past the stable was a small clear area of the courtyard that would serve perfectly for Shaedra's purposes.

Shaedra sat in the middle of the clear spot she had chosen and closed her eyes, and cleared her mind. She didn't know why it seemed appropriate to meditate, but something deep inside her soul yearned for the peace she knew it would bring.
__________________

 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren