Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 31st of May, 2007, 19:52
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
OOC:Yeah I should have said, but that last bit was just dripping sarcasm.

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah grimly nods and follows after Zora. As they get outside Kirfah points over to his house.
"I'm going to grab my stuff from home, with this snow, even I can track you. I'll catch up. I think Bree is out and about you may be able to stumble upon her." Kirfah takes off towards home, double timing it all the way. He grabs his pack and weapons then heads back to catch up with Brit and Zora. If he sees anyone who might be useful in searching for the children (A PC perhaps) he will ask them if they'd mind helping. Other than that Kirfah makes sure to let people (Mother, Grace, Etc...) what is going on.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 31st of May, 2007, 23:36
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
(Don't worry Brit heard the saracasm)

Brit

Brit walks straight to the temple ruins. She sees Zora following her. She kneels in front of the altar, and begins to pray, "Dear Valasia, and the Great Mother Enbarra I have come to ask your forgiveness. I seem to have lost my way, and have caused others to lose theirs. I please ask that you wash away this anger, and pitiness, and restore my trust and love. Please, no matter what happens in the next several hours, or days, watch over the people of Last Breath. Allow our hope and love to guard and guide them. I... we are about to confront a blight on the natural cycle of order." Brit reachs in and removes the piece of altar she so carefully chose. Holding it out as if offering it, "Finally I ask that you bless this instrument with all that is true, right, and just. As well as blessing us who take on this challenge. As always I am your faithful servant." She closes her eyes and bows her head for a few seconds. Then stands up and looks at Zora, smiling, "I need my bow".
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 31st of May, 2007, 23:53
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.07 per day)
Zora

Zora looks at Brit, kinda half smiling herself and hugs her. "Of course you do, nutjob. So... are you finished? If you run off like that one more time I'm going to put a hurting on your ass you won't soon forget. Anyway, I'm not prepared either. We'll have to go back to Theodrada's."
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 00:04
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
Brit

Squeezing Zora tight, "That's fine because come to think of it, I need Breena's bow. Go get what you need, I'll meet you there, and then we can find Bree." Brit heads to where ever her arrows are. She needs to remove the tip from one, and fit the piece of altar to the shaft.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 00:28
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Breena is wherever the DM says she is, informing people of the upcoming meeting.
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 00:33
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.07 per day)
"I mean it. Don't be fooled, you know I can do it too. Your ass will be grass."

Zora heads back towards Theodrada's.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 00:42
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
Brit just smiles at her sister's delusion, and watch's as she heads off. "My little sister all grown up." Then continues with the task at hand.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 01:09
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.48 per day)
Originally Posted by Gamebird # Breena is wherever the DM says she is, informing people of the upcoming meeting.
Honestly, I'm going to finesse this, simply because of your logistical issues. Two folks with spotty/no communication capabilities are enough.

Kirfah, you'll find Breena along the way to the Sajid manor. Let's say, for now, that she's willing to accompany you.

Brit - I thought you had a bow. If not, no biggy. Just as a point of mentioning, the militia armory (a tiny shack, to be sure) houses a number of weapons. It's completely on the way to where your equipment is located. There's a good chance you'll find a longbow there.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 01:34
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
(I simply responded to the post that I felt would happen before Kirfah got back from his house. I fully intended to wait on the others to post. Brit does have a bow, and it's a very nice one. It's not the bow itself she is concerned with, but the person behind the bow.)
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 02:29
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Kirfah will inform Bree about the missing children and that the meeting will have to be put off until they are all accounted for. He also asks her to assist himself, Zora and Brit in finding the children.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 03:14
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2772
Location: syracuse ny
Posts: 196 (0.05 per day)
Hoylur

Hoylur will collect his pertinent things and follow along with the cantor.
__________________
There are twenty sides to every action.

THFC-TIDE-CHC

Last edited by Ojoxsofeta; 1st of June, 2007 at 03:15. Reason: i realize that it is an action which has already occurred, but i was surprised at the amount of posts this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 03:56
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
I'm going to assume that Kirfah leaves out Brit's attitude and exactly what happened and just tells her the mission. She grunts and tells Fatima (Akasma? I'm confused again!) who she hasn't gotten to yet and where she's headed. She calls Hare to her, gives the wolf a friendly petting and asks Kirfah as they head out, "We're going to be back in time for the meeting, right? How far is it to where these kids are?"

After a pause she adds, "Are you sure we can't just let Brit handle this herself? I think I'd rather pound snow up my ass than get involved in something she's doing."
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith

Last edited by Gamebird; 1st of June, 2007 at 03:58.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 04:30
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.48 per day)
That just sounds... cold.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 04:41
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2772
Location: syracuse ny
Posts: 196 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by Chris Chandler # That just sounds... cold.
Seconded.
__________________
There are twenty sides to every action.

THFC-TIDE-CHC
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 06:24
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Originally Posted by Gamebird # I'm going to assume that Kirfah leaves out Brit's attitude and exactly what happened and just tells her the mission.
Quite correct.

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

"I'm not sure how long this will take as no one knows where the children are. There's about a dozen unaccounted for." Kirfah nods and gives a little sigh.
"As hard as Brit has been to handle recently, it would not be fair to the children to not help out however we can."
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 06:56
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
"Yeah, but it sure would suck for us to wander off and get killed or whatever and have it turn out that someone we would have talked to at the meeting had been hiding them in their basement all this time."

"I... wait, no one knows where they are? That is, no one heading out to find them has any idea of where to start looking? If that's the case, count me out. I'll stick around for the meeting tonight and ask who saw them last and do some basic information gathering. We've gotten six or nine feet of snow since they went missing, if I guess right. There's no trail to follow and there's probably dangerous monsters out in the woods. Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this."
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 07:01
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.48 per day)
And...

In less than 15 minutes the group has gathered together, we'll put you right outside of Theodrada's, next to the snow-blanketed garden where the old magistrate lay buried. The group thus includes the following:
  • Zora
  • Kirfah
  • Hoylur
  • Brittania
  • Breena
  • Gunther

Of the other able-bodied adults that you know of (this includes Akasma (Kirfah's mom), the Sajid Servant Fatima, Grace, Wybert, The Cooper's apprentice and his wife, Leif (and his family), Lassi (and his family), and Mathilde) have been notified of the upcoming meeting. All of the afflicted that you know of are all located at Theodrada's - that now includes Agatha - plus Wybert as a blind nursemaid.

So, everyone's here. How's it going? That's good... So... how about that political dissent among partisan groups, eh? Pret-ty crazy stuff, eh?

Hm? Oh, sorry. Right. As you were.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 07:06
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

"Breena has made the point that we do not know where to start looking and there has been a large snow fall so we will not be able to track them. She is right that our best recourse is to question everyone we can about the last know locations of the children, but I don't think we need to wait until tonight. We should make rounds through Last Breath and begin questioning everyone now."
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 12:31
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
Brit

Brit listens to Kirfah, then replies, "I already told you where I'm going to start Kirfah. If anyone wants to come they are more than welcome. If anyone doesn't want to come, that's fine too. I have to follow my heart and soul. Everyone else should do the same." Brit then stands and waits....
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 13:33
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Breena eyes the nearest horizon line.
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 19:58
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah stands there with a puzzled look on his face for several seconds before the realization dawns on him.
"You can't seriously be thinking of tracking Death with Fangs back to its lair? On only the hunch that it is responsible for their dissappearance?" Kirfah stops, knowing that whatever he says Brit will follow her heart.
"Well I guess we better take some extra blankets. If we find the children alive they won't be dressed for this weather. And I'd have to say that our best starting point for the search will be Zora's friend Lia. She may know something we don't about its location."

OOC: Thanks LG.

Last edited by Dalcassius; 2nd of June, 2007 at 02:37.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 00:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.07 per day)
(That's because she's fey and doesn't want you to remember. It's Lia. And off to the ooc again, because I just posted a doozy of a post off the top of my head, just reacting as Zora, but then thought of about 5 facts that influenced it that i'm not really sure what exactly is going on.)

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 2nd of June, 2007 at 00:46. Reason: took out the good stuff til I get straightened out.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 04:59
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
"Death with Fangs is intelligent. If he has them, then I strongly doubt it's for food. They'll be alive tomorrow as much as today, if they're in his care. In the meantime, chasing after him might waste whatever chance we have to rescue the children if they're somewhere else. I'm going to stay for the meeting and see if any other information comes to light. Lief and Lassi still haven't reported back. If Death with Fangs really does have the kids, then I'm sure he'd love to see every able-bodied defender of this place out floundering in the snow as separate groups, leaving no one behind here except the sick and less able. I'm not leaving these people defenseless until and unless we have a better idea of what we're heading off into out there."
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 10:36
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.48 per day)
Gunther remains silent, watching Brit carefully.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 2nd of June, 2007, 13:21
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.90 per day)
Brit

As with Kirfah Brit listens to Breena, then replies, "That's a fair arguement Breena, and to explain why I'm going after Death, I would make this counter. If Death-with-Fangs is intelligent and we assume therefore he won't eat the children, that doesn't stop him from torturing and/or killing them for fun. I believe we can agree that he is evil. Agatha said before she passed out that she had already searched the colony, and that Lief and Lassi were also searching outside the colony. Both are very good hunters, but niether has the skill to stand up to Death in a one-on-one. While Death hasn't bothered the colony proper, you are correct in the believe that may be his intent, but I can't stay in here and take the chance that he does have the children. That is why I haven't asked anyone to come with me. I'm sure we each have an opinion on the way things should be done, and we should each do what we believe is the best path. For me that path is out there." Brit turns and points to past the walls.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren