Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 00:39
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
((So I'm still confused as to where and when Zora is now. Plus the net is INCREDIBLY iffy right now, so I'm going to do the best I can.....))

Zora

Zora stares at Agatha in utter disbelief. "You... forgot... um... so how many kids?" It's not angry, just, 'oh wow when it rains it sucks' kind of reaction.
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 00:49
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
Agatha, for her part does, indeed, look very remorseful, and her gaze drops from Zora. She looks old all of a sudden, even if she's only a few years older than our feykin, herself. Her weariness is tangible, and she sniffs back a sob.

I... Leif and Lassi should be in come morning. We've still got some daylight. Perhaps you and I could... I don't know - where would you hide? I mean, I don't know of a place where a few more than a dozen children could hide, even if they are all together, much less apart.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 01:05
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Zora

"Whose kids are they? Are they all orphaned?"
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 03:29
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Member: #2772
Hoylur

... has edited, because apparently I've missed twenty four hours.

THFC-TIDE-CHC

Last edited by Ojoxsofeta; 22nd of May, 2007 at 05:41.
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 03:44
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

OOC: I'm pretty sure Gunther is still at 'Drada's, but if I'm wrong (which would be no big surprise to me) let me know and I'll delete this post.

Kirfah taps Gunther on the shoulder and motions for him to follow, so as not to disrupt Zora's discussion (if they are happening at the same time, for some reason I think there is a time difference at the moment).
"Gunther, I'd like to ask if I might view any books or scrolls that Theodrada may have owned and have survived the attack. I am sure there is information that the Lady 'Drada possessed that she was instructed to withold from us; information that I feel we will need in the times to come. I'd like to see everything; personal and otherwise. Is there anything like that left?"
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 04:29
Chris Chandler

Well... let's see -

He went with Zora to round up the rest of the children, and Anwen. Zora went back and asked a few questions to the group, but that included Agatha, specifically, so I'll have to just say no, he's not around. Let me just go ahead and put the wall up, because people have got headaches -

Group A (Sajid Manor)
  • Breena
  • Kirfah
  • Akasma
  • Fatima
  • Grace
  • Hare
  • Sharad

Group B (Theodrada's Manor)
  • Zora
  • Hoylur
  • Brit
  • Agatha
  • Wybert
  • Gunther
  • All of the afflicted from the list (9 total)

Group C (Folks in neither place, or not accounted for)
  • Leif - hunting
  • Leif's Mother and sister - his household*
  • Lassi - hunting
  • Lassi's wife and daughter - his household*
  • Mathilde - bottom floor of Marcus' Tavern*
  • Jacob and Annabelle - Cooper's House*
  • 10-15 ("a dozen") kids, hopefully survivors from various afflicted households**

---
*Kirfah knows these from discusion, but it hasn't spread yet.
** Kirfah gleaned this from being smart. Zora had this confessed by Agatha. No one else knows this.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 04:34
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
After having dealt with Sharad and spoken to Akasma and Bree, Kirfah heads over to Drada's to speak with Guther (as per post #18). Sorry I should have cleared that up better. We can just hold off on dealing with it until you've got Zora caught up with Agatha. No worries here, just playing it cool.
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 05:59
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

(, go team Hoylur. I was all messed up too. Hey, it could happen, if it was a very LARGE muffin.)

"I think that it's best we don't run off until we explore all avenues and talk to all the people here. Gunther - do you know any other findy spells at all? Any other snoopy Theodrada tricks?"

And I suppose now I'll ask kids, anyone awake at all, etc, if they know where the kids are. Better to ask before we run off, right? Right.
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 08:01
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
Brit

(So did we collect the kids, now that I'm finally here?)

Brit continues to follow Zora, "So much confusion. Everybody, everywhere, trying to do everything." Brit simply shakes her head to herself, and lets out a small sigh.
Unread 22nd of May, 2007, 23:45
Chris Chandler

(See, what you're seeing is players running around with their heads cut off. The characters are all standing around going, "I'm dizzy". )

"Whose kids are they? Are they all orphaned?"
"I think that it's best we don't run off until we explore all avenues and talk to all the people here. Gunther - do you know any other findy spells at all? Any other snoopy Theodrada tricks?"

And I suppose now I'll ask kids, anyone awake at all, etc, if they know where the kids are. Better to ask before we run off, right? Right.
You ask everyone in the room this, and you could piece it together yourself (which is really what you're doing, now that I think about it). Between Wybert, Agatha, Gunther, Brit, and yourself, you narrow down for whom you are looking:
  • Agnes and William - The children of the butcher, Luther (Luther and his wife are dead)
  • Rose - Daughter of Oeric and Rose (another huntsman and his wife, who assisted Anwen - both dead)
  • Garrick - Son of the hostler Cuthbert. He is only three years younger than Zora and is marked as the "oldest child". (Cuthbert and Swanhild, his wife, are both dead)
  • Aelflaed, Annis, and Hrodwyn, the granddaughters of the widow Mildreth. Her husband died years ago, her son was a mercenary (similar to Sharad) and got himself killed a few years ago. Her daughter-in-law "faded away" last year. Mildreth was the closest thing to a priest of Heru in the vicinity - a lay leader, as it were (her husband was a Knight of Heru). Mildreth is dead.
  • Karri, Aethel, and Cena, the children (Cena being the son and oldest) of Cena the elder and Karri, his wife (halflings, and farmers. Cena and Karri are dead)
  • Olav, Son of Eirik, the Northman tanner, and his wife Torhild (both dead)
  • Drogo and Frideswide, the children - they are both teenaged, though younger than Garrick - of the widower Aethelred, a woodsman and carpenter (he's dead, though he had not been sick. He was found in the south of town, seemingly attacked by an animal).
  • Branda, the very young daughter of the huntsman and fisherman Brand (he thinks he's a bear - his wife Cyneburga - one of your mother's students - was the skeleton you found, Zora, on the way to Lia's. She'd not been sick, and was helping Agatha).

Gunther smiles -

Th... that's just what I... I... I've been trying t...to do. I have f... found a f...few scrolls, b...but th...there ought to b...be a s...small bowl, t...too, if it wasn't d...destroyed. 'Drada's s...scrying p...pool would be most helpful, if I could j...just find it.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 04:27
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
Brit

Brit stares at Gunther, but breaks it off after a couple of seconds, "How frippin stupid. I thought he was actually turning out to be helpful. We've wasted three days sitting around because you wouldn't open your damn mouth." Brit says nothing.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 04:42
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

((Ok -- waita cotton pickin minute here.

Before we even get to talking with Gunther --

Cyneburga was the person that was helping Agatha was the dead person and she didn't NOTICE? Zora again is gonna freak. I mean Zora's gonna go medieval on Agatha, for serious, so I need to make sure this is straight in my head.))
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 04:55
Chris Chandler

Well, she did notice, but didn't jump out of her skin over it. She acknowledged the body when you mentioned it, but gave no reaction to it. She'll be the one that brings up the skeleton and you when Cyneburga is discussed, and even then she shows little more emotion over it, though, to point it out, you guys are talking about folks who have died that you've known your entire childhood. It's a very heavy subject, and it's not like she's showing a whole lot of emotion over much of anything right now. There are breaks (whenever she thinks of Jurgen, etc.), but for the most part she's just weary.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 05:06
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

((Wait still. No, I'm just certain she was all, "Oh, I've accounted for everyone, I don't know who that was." Not, didn't react emotionally. Actually denied knowing.))

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 23rd of May, 2007 at 05:17.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 05:19
Chris Chandler

That very perceptive of you. It's tricky, here. Did she say, "I don't know who that was" as in "I didn't know who the person was who died there, because it was just a skeleton", or was it "I didn't know there was a body there"?

Admittedly, either way, I imagine that Agatha's going to get yelled at, because clearly she's been more than just "forgetful" about the situation in general.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 05:31
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

((So, you're saying I'm not wrong enough for it to mess things up if I act on it right? I'm going with that, tell me if I need to edit...))

Zora, before she even gets to Gunther, geezlouise, stares at Agatha as this piece of the puzzle is put together. The anger is too much to even control at this point.

"You... lost all these kids. Knew that body was Cyneburga and neglected to tell me, so that I've been trying for days to think who it might be or what the hell else is going on, and WASTING energy that I could be using to find out about a problem that IS out there?

Agatha... I know that we've been ... "

Too furious, this is ridiculous. The tears come out, and Zora storms out of the room (not stomping mind you, lol) and is back in before anyone could even follow her out of the room.

"Agatha!!!! What the hell!! Your job is ... you are supposed to be preserving life! Not.... what is wrong with you?! Shoot, I don't have time, but I don't dare to not take the time to ask you in case something else urgent is going on that we have to take care of first!!! What else are you just neglecting to tell me because it's too hard to think about?! Or, you're too tired.. Or whatever!"

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 23rd of May, 2007 at 05:39.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 05:53
Chris Chandler

Agatha looks at Zora, and her face turns more and more red as she continues -

I. am. one. person. I didn't have the luxury of going down to the Southern Shore of the Vast Opal to chase after some damn bogeyman, Zora. I was here, and I watched them all die, and I couldn't save them. I couldn't help a one of them. How many people have you watched die, little Zora? You couldn't even function because you didn't know where your bleedin' parents were! How dare you tell me what my job is when you've spent the time you should have been apprenticed dancing with sprites and playing with frogs with no one allowed to say word one! You speak to me of responsibility when you are nothing but a little girl! You dare to speak to me about wasting my energy when I haven't even slept in nine days!!! By Valasia's merciful hand I pray you never have to...

Her eyes glaze over for less than a second, and, Zora, you notice the tiniest dot of blood on her forehead, just above her eyebrow.

What!? I pray you never have to see what I've seen, buried your husband and your friends, made pyres your neighbors. Is it any wonder I haven't slept?! I don't want to see the demons that sleep would bring!!! How dare you!

She is swaying, but you see her holy symbol, the silver cup, shimmer for just a moment. She does not notice.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:03
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Zora

"How dare I? Because you've watched half the colony die it's okay to let the other half die?

I freaking went to chase after a boogeyman that I thought was after the whole of the colony. Did I know that there was a plague back here? How dare I? You couldn't help one of them but, my apprenticeship, my PLAYING WITH SPRITES AND FROGS-- they're dryads, but you wouldn't know because they aren't people to you -- they're came to nothing huh?

I didn't function because of grief, eh??? I kept going, and I DID SAVE LIVES, thanks for noticing. Thanks for that very much. I didn't sleep either, Miss Thing, and if I were you I'd thank my lucky stars that you were allowed to HAVE A HUSBAND. Not that that matters, anyway. I am very sorry for your loss, but you know, those personal attacks arent' going to cut it. I didn't get to say good bye to MY friends. I didn't get to have the peace of knowing they were in Valasia's arms. So we can compare pain if you want, but that's not the issue.

I dare because I do -- thank you very much!!! I acted. It's not like I haven't DONE anything. I might have showed a little emotion, yeah, but I also took your damn word that you were telling me the truth. If you're so sleepy you can't get your facts straight it's IRRESPONSIBLE OF YOU and you're endangering your charges and you need to get some damn sleep. NOW.

HOYLUR WHERE ARE YOU?"

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 23rd of May, 2007 at 06:28. Reason: Zora's not quite that angry, yet.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:13
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Hoylur

Hoylur strolls over with an open book - from its greenish cover, one could assume his tome of nature - probably called "Fleas and Lice and Nothing That's Nice: Using Cantrips To Survive In the Wild" or "You're Going to Have to Wipe Your Bottom With That Leaf, Boy" or something.

"Trying to find a bear repellent. What do you want?"

He licks his finger, then turns the page in search of a resolution to his dilemma.

THFC-TIDE-CHC

Last edited by Ojoxsofeta; 23rd of May, 2007 at 06:23.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:22
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Agatha can't sleep, didn't you hear her?"
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:31
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Hoylur

"I don't deal in enchantments, though I'm sure that a well placed club to the head will induce the desired effect."

"... barely there/blinking/ethereal ...bear traps ..."

THFC-TIDE-CHC
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:39
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Good grief, you put those... oh, that was something different, not making them sleep, huh. Damn." Zora wheels around to face Agatha. "Go to bed already Agatha! Why aren't you in bed already?!"
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:41
Chris Chandler

I cannot go to sleep, even if I wanted to, Zora. I can't hardly stand still with you yelling at me! What would you have me do!?

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 23rd of May, 2007 at 06:52.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:46
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Zora calms down enough that her voice lowers a bit.

"I'm not yelling! THIS IS YELLING!!! This is speaking loudly!

Okay, Agatha, like I said, what else haven't you told me that I need to know? You say you're too tired to think. You say you haven't slept in nine days -- that kills people, so you really should be sleeping right now, me yelling or not. So. Answer my questions, and we'll get you a quiet room and lock you away for a day in the sick ward with the others, because you're not going out and doing something dumbass that will mean your blood is on my hands as well because I freaked out about kids that I pray to Enbarra are being protected somewhere."
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:55
Chris Chandler

What do you mean 'tell you'? I can't even keep my own thoughts straight. Why don't you ask specifically instead of treating me like a child?!