Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > The Pathfinder Society

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 20:39
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.46 per day)
Gavel looked down at his warhammer and back at the man with a stern gaze, "I'll be damned if I put it away after ye attacked us! Call off yer dogs wit yer next breath or its yer last!" The dwarf was done with diplomacy.

[OOC: Move next to the man and ready to attack the man if the next words out of his mouth aren't calling off the dogs. Tank has been commanded to guard Gavel so anything that attacks him will gain his ire.]
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 20:54
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.43 per day)
When Kamh announced that they'd get company again soon, Trerac quickly made his way over to where he had dropped his other javelin. He picked it up and got ready to throw it should the be attacked.

{OOC: Move to U16 and pick up javelin. He'd ready to attack any dog charging to attack next, but let's hope it won't get to that.}
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 20:56
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.74 per day)
Padryc rolled his shoulders and readied his rapier.

"I don't think that soldier is much in control of anything at the moment," he said. "Still, a dead enemy isn't much of an enemy, is he?"

ooc: ready an action to attack an enemy that appears
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 21:03
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
"Damn."
The surgeon glared at the remaining soldier. "You, call them off. We need to figure this out. We are not with Railford. If he is" cough, hack "If he is squatting illegitimately, we can likely help. So far there've been no deaths over this misunderstanding. Help keep it that way."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 2nd of October, 2011, 19:48
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
"W-wait--you, you can't be... I can't--"

Gavel tried to make good his threat by swinging his warhammer overhead, but the soldier stumbled back just in time to see the hammer's head clap the surface of the foul water. The splash blinded the dwarf just long enough for his target to scramble a few yards away, crouched into a half-swim and screaming intermittently for help.

By now it wasn't just Kamh who could hear dogs behind the rain, and it was also clear that dogs weren't the only things barking; across the deep pool the defeated soldier was struggling in came the shouts of few more men, calling for another group. After a moment, there came a response, louder, and from the path the Pathfinders came, calling to move in for a flank. The baying and shouting seemed to come from every direction but forward, towards Railford itself.
__________________
Ad hoc, the exchange with the soldier takes about five rounds; thus, we're skipping to Round Nine.

The sound of dogs and men is closest on the left of the map and furthest on the right, with the sound coming from the top somewhere in-between. The closest sound can't be much more than a hundred feet from the main party.

Round Nine

The man does not call off the dogs, so Gavel's readied attack triggers. He rolls a 18, which misses due to cover. The man withdraws, though it doesn't get him very far. Tank is currently readied to intercept any enemy that approaches the party.

Initiative

Soldier - 23

Kylihn - 21
Trerac - 19
Umuriel - 18
Padryc - 13
Kamh - 9
Surgeon - 8
-----------
Gavel - 24

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 3rd of October, 2011, 00:20
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
Kylihn sighs, and lets loose with another arrow. When she misses yet again, she curses loudly in elvish, and then nods towards the others, and moves off with them.

<OOC: Attack the nearest enemy 7 includes -2 to hit from bad weather, for [roll3] damage. Crit confirmation if needed 13 damage on crit: 14 >

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 5th of October, 2011 at 01:00.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 4th of October, 2011, 15:49
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.43 per day)
Trerac's head swiveled to face in those directions from which he heard approaching men and their dogs. Frowning, he gazed down at the dead dog in front of him. Sure, they could kill more of them, plenty, even. But surely they wouldn't survive being flanked by several groups of watchmen.

"Let's move forward and away, quickly," the large man suggested. "This will get bloody if we stay here. I'm loathe to parting with mine. So let's go!"

Despite his words, Trerac didn't want to outrun his companions and only made a few steps forward before looking back. "Comin'?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 00:09
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)
Umuriel moves towards Trerac.

"I agree completely. We must find Railford's son and clear up exactly who owns this town. If our soldier friend speaks the truth, we may be unable to complete our mission."

Umuriel smiles, but with little humour. He's not so inclined to take the word of a soldier. A soldier is told whatever his commander believes he should know ...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 00:29
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Kamh nodded at Trerac's suggestion. There was already some apparently unnecessary blood flowing into the swamp, and the monk didn't see any reason to add more to that, nor to risk his life if it wasn't something that really needed to be done.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 00:44
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
"Yes. Let's leave, now."
The surgeon returned to his place in the vague center of the group. As soon as they got out of range of the downed soldier, a faint golden mist spread out to envelop the party, healing those who still had injuries, at least a little.
[We're going southeast, right? As soon as he's out of range of Y19, channel energy 3 (7 uses remaining).]
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 7th of October, 2011, 21:00
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.46 per day)
Gavel grumbled as the man got away from him. Tank shared a sigh and a snort with him. Gavel nodding in agreeance with the decision, it made sense. "It dinnay be part o' me mission ta lay a bloody path all th' way along an' only stands ta prolong it."

Even as the dwarf tried to hurry along he just couldn't keep up with his party. Instinctively holding up his shield he blocked one arrow as another missed him by several yards complimentary of parting shots by some poor marksmen. The previous wound he had started to close as a healing wave spread over him from the surgeon.

As they continued to trudge through he offered a few of his berries to any who were still wounded.
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren