Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > The Pathfinder Society

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 10th of September, 2011, 19:36
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.43 per day)
"Urgh," is all that Trerac managed to voice when the arrow thumped into his shoulder. The big man hesitated and then side-stepped, restraining himself from throwing the javelin at their would-be adversaries. "Get this sorted out and quick," he muttered sideways, "before I tear them apart."

Padryc remained in plain view for the men and their dogs, but he couldn't do anything about that at this point. Drawing his greataxe, he kept it lowered. Despite the obviously non-threatening move, he was ready to defend himself.

{OOC: Drop javelin as free action. Draw greataxe as move action. Total defense as standard action. AC is 20.}
__________________

Last edited by Tashalar; 11th of September, 2011 at 02:26.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 14:46
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
If the men had any desire to talk, it was slain by Kylihn's arrow. Their two baying mastiffs charged immediately, churning the mud beneath their powerful legs. But even for them, it was difficult to move quickly, giving Gavel plenty of time to utter another command. This one was not directed at Tank, though, nor to his party: it was to the thorny plants of the swamp.

"Entangle."

The plants obeyed. They rose from underneath the ground in thick, needled vines, lashing around the legs of the men and their dogs and smothering their meagre fire. The taller man screamed as briars wrapped around one of his arms, yanking it away from the strings of his bow, while the other rushed forward through the thicket to get a better shot at the druid. The dogs managed to outrun the creeping plants, but Tank was alert enough to intercept--just as one leapt from the mud to snap at Padryc's throat, Tank bat it away with his stone-like tail.

Protected from the dog both by Gavel's companion and his own spell, Padryc took a moment to size up the two men. His eyes immediately caught the insignia of the Taldan Phalanx on the leather jerkin of the closer one. The magus glanced back at Umuriel, who nodded; he had noticed it as well. Stavian III still praised the Phalanx for its loyalty to king and country, but every month brought a new story of their brutality and corruption. In truth, the Phalanx was loyal only to itself.
__________________
Kylihn misses. Umuriel sees the insignia on their armour (as do Padryc and Kahm automatically when the one comes closer), and Umuriel and Padryc pass the knowledge (local) check to know what it means. The Surgeon gets his diplomacy roll at this point, but under the circumstances, it does basically nothing.

The dogs double move, triggering Gavel's readied action to cast entangle. Both dogs save. One soldier saves, and the other fails. Because the plants are briars, he takes 1 point of damage. Tank moves in the way of one of the dogs. The dog provokes, and is hit with an 18 for 3 damage. Gavel moves down in initiative.


Round Two

The entangled soldier attempts to break free with a move action, but fails, and takes 1 more point of damage. He then shoots at Gavel, but misses horribly. The other one moves forward, then shoots at Gavel. Gavel is hit for 2 damage.

Initiative

Soldier - 23
Kylihn - 21
Trerac - 19
Umuriel - 18
Padryc - 13
Kamh - 9
Surgeon - 8
Gavel - 4
Dogs - 4

Last edited by LeadPal; 15th of September, 2011 at 16:41.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 14:47
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 15:30
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
Matias sighed inwardly. Off to a grand start.
He shifted a little to put himself in the center of the party, the mud making even this small movement unusually difficult. His focus was on Trerac's arrow wound.
A faint golden mist, imperceptible in the twilight, seeped out from under his mask and the sleeve of his coat, as he reached forward to heal the warrior.

[5' step to T17 (assuming Trerac doesn't move), draw crossbow, CLW on Trerac at 8 ]

Last edited by zachol; 15th of September, 2011 at 15:56. Reason: fucking difficult terrain
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 17:33
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.43 per day)
Trerac had held back to give peace a chance, but the battle was underway within seconds. One of the fierce war hounds appeared amidst them and the huge man didn't hesitate any longer. He lifted his axe high into the sky and brought it down on the beast's head.

{OOC: attack hound with power attack 18 ; damage: 16 }
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 22:02
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
Kylihn's bowstring is wet and slick from the rain, but fortunately well made and still fully functional. She carefully aims and lets loose another arrow. Then she shouts out an order to her enemies. "Surrender! You are outnumbered and cannot possibly win this fight."

<OOC: Attack enemy in Y19, should be in full sight with no concealment due to low-light vision. Attack: 9 (includes -2), Damage on hit: 6 Crit confirmation if needed 23 >

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 16th of September, 2011 at 01:46.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 16th of September, 2011, 00:24
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
The muck and mire was not the kind of environment that Kamh was used to. He was a mobile person and usually chose to tumble around acrobatically. But here he was forced to slog his way forward, the ground continually trying to suck him down, preventing him from moving quickly. So he decided he'd use the little bit of distance he had from the nearest dog. Kamh flung out two shuriken, hoping the rain didn't hamper his accuracy too much.

OOC - Flurry of blows with shuriken - 16 (forgot the -2, so total 14) for 3 and 7 (forgot the -2, so total 5) for 4 .

Last edited by Mercutio; 16th of September, 2011 at 00:29.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 16th of September, 2011, 02:33
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.74 per day)
Padryc stepped lightly through the muck, his feet only slipping slightly. He channeled a portion of his will into his blade, then struck out at the hound, trusting his companions to handle those that were entangled.

ooc: move to U18, expend one point from arcane pool to grant a +1 to hit and damage for rapier; attack Hound using Combat Expertise 21 ; crit confirm 18 ' damage: 7 ; additional crit damage: 4 AC should be 23 or 22 if another opponent moves adjacent to Padryc

Last edited by Darius; 16th of September, 2011 at 03:04.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 16th of September, 2011, 03:36
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)
Umuriel can see how this will end. Not a bad result, from this side of the conflict ... but still, why were these brutes our here?

Umuriel raised his voice to the soldiers: "You are outnumbered! Throw down your weapons and surrender! Whatever you are after is not worth your lives!"

{ OOC -
I believe I need to roll an Intimidate or Diplomacy check, right? Whatever the roll is, I have no modifier. Here's hoping: Roll - 13

If I can I would like to also maintain my Total Defense. Not sure which type of actions I need for all this ...
}
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 20th of September, 2011, 16:54
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
The first dog, struck down by Tank, was dead by Trerac's hand before it could lift its head back up. The second fared little better; it survived being stabbed through the chest as it jumped at Padryc, but took a shuriken to the temple before it could bite. Once thrown back to the ground, the creeping undergowth swallowed the carcass immediately, binding it in a cocoon of briars.

The closer soldier stopped abruptly, his eyes wide. "F-fuck you, we won't surrender."

"N-no! I surrender!" The one in the back had dropped his longbow, and was tearing at the briars with bloody fingers. "Please, get this shit offa me-e-e!"

"Hack it off!" the first barked back, before snapping off a wild shot at Padryc, and attempting resume his charge--but the undergrowth was beginning to constrict him, as well. "Oh fu--REINFORCEMENTS! COME ON!"

The second soldier scrambled to find the hilt of his longsword in its scabbard, and began to chop at the undergrowth. It was awkward, as he was forced to swing to the side with his off-hand, but he managed to clear enough of the creepers around his arm to stumble a few yards closer to the water.
__________________
Kylihn misses. Trerac's attack drops the dog. Umuriel successfully demoralizes the closer soldier. Together Padryc and Kamh drop the other dog. The Surgeon moves and heals Trerac for 8 points.

Gavel acts. The closer soldier fails his reflex save versus entangle and takes 1 damage.


Round Three

The farther soldier successfully breaks free with a move action. He drops his bow and moves while drawing his longsword. The closer one fails to break free and takes another 1 damage, then shoots at Padryc, but has almost no chance of hitting.

Initiative

Soldier - 23
Gavel - 22

Kylihn - 21
Trerac - 19
Umuriel - 18
Padryc - 13
Kamh - 9
Surgeon - 8
Dogs - 4


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 20th of September, 2011, 17:44
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
The Surgeon stepped forward, to stand over the body of the dog, next to Tank. He spoke with a gravelly voice, the mask muting it somewhat, but the brunt of his command was clear.
"You will surrender. Or you will die. I have no pity for those who toss away their blessings and charge headlong into oblivion."

[Move to V16, Intimidate 26 .]
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 01:29
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.46 per day)
Gavel believed the first man wanted to surrender but wasn't willing to drop his spell until the other man was under control. Especially after he was calling for reinforcements. He didn't know what the man was after the direction he was moving but moved to intercept. He called Tank to his side as he moved.

As for the man who surrendered he was happy to let his allies actions speak louder than their words.

OOC: Move to Y12, call Tank to guard himself and he would move to W13.
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 03:14
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.43 per day)
Trerac moved along the writhing vines and pulled one of the javelins from his back. "You better surrender NOW," he said as he launched it at the soldier.

{OOC: Move diagonally down and to the left 2 squares. Hold axe in one hand, draw javelin, throw javelin at nearby soldier (including -2 penalty): 19 ; 6 }
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 06:45
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
Kylihn narrows her eyes at the enemy who refused to surrender, and reached for another arrow, gracefully firing despite the arrow wound and the blood flowing from it.

"Fine, you won't give up? It's your funeral, fool."

<OOC: Attack the guy who didn't surrender, I believe that's the one in Y19? 21 includes -2 penalty for bad weather, damage on hit 5 critical confirmation if needed 18 bonus damage on critical 10 >
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 20:12
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Kamh really didn't want to try to make his way through the brambles that had been summoned up. Trying to walk through the muck was bad enough. At some point soon, Kamh thought, the men would surrender and the plants would shrink back to normal size. It was merely a waiting game for now.

OOC - No action
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 23rd of September, 2011, 09:29
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.74 per day)
Padryc watched and waited, keeping an eye and ear out for any new trouble while his companions treated with the men.

ooc: likewise no action here
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 23rd of September, 2011, 23:56
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)
Umuriel, satisfied that everything was well in hand, drew a single dagger and waited. Sloshing through the muck and the vines would do little good right now.

{ OOC - Draw a dagger, no additional action }
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 24th of September, 2011, 16:37
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
The soldier who had escaped kept running until he was waist-deep in a bog beyond the reach of the grasping vines. He trembled as he turned to face the dwarf responsible for calling them.

"I-I said I surrender. S-so--" He backed away a step, labouring to move in the bog, and let his sword drop from his limp, bleeding hand. He glanced back at the thicket, and froze completely, too tense to even breathe. Kylihn and Trerac had left his companion with two wounds to the chest, stealing the last strength he had to fight the undergrowth. He would have sunk to the ground, but the vines entwining his body kept him suspended in a kneeling position.
__________________
The entangled man is unconscious and dying. The second has escaped the entangled effect and has cover from being waist-deep in water, but isn't a likely threat at this point. No one hears or sees any reinforcements on the way.

Combat is probably over, but here's a map anyways.

Last edited by LeadPal; 25th of September, 2011 at 06:41.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 24th of September, 2011, 19:02
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
The Surgeon frowned, then muttered something under his breath, waving lazily at the fallen man. A few golden motes drifted in that general direction.
"I was speaking to him. And he'll live."
He coughed, then spoke again. "Are reinforcements coming?"

[Cast stabilize on dying soldier. Diplomacy check, if applicable 20 ]
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 24th of September, 2011, 20:27
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.46 per day)
Gavel draws his warhammer as he approaches the man, "Ye daft, lad? Fightin' us like that? Go help yer friend." He ends his spell allowing him to do so. So long as he moves to do so he will follow him.

The dwarf shakes his head in wonderment of how stupid these humans could be when the possibility of battle presents itself. "I'd ask ye who ye thought you were attackin' th' likes o' us, but I guess what I be really wonderin' is who ye thought WE were." The dwarf had to bat away Tank's head as the beast kept trying to get his attention by nuzzling heavily against the the dwarf. Tank was likely looking for praise but Gavel was trying to make it clear that now was not the time.
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 17:42
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
The man didn't move towards his unconscious ally, now prone in the mud, but instead took a clumsy step back. "P-put that down," he said, pointing to the warhammer. "You--you said you're with the son of Railford? Becher Railford, he's--he's a squatter on the Emperor's lands. He's not really the lord of Railford! We're under orders to blockade the town, until--uh, until he gives up!"

His stammering suggested terror more than dishonesty. In the gloom of the rain, his face looked old and creased, especially with the harsh contrast of Gavel's darkvision, but he didn't have the demeanour of a veteran; most likely, he was pulled straight off a farm, and given no training beyond what he needed to string a bow.

Last edited by LeadPal; 25th of September, 2011 at 17:59.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 19:03
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
The surgeon walked forward, hunched over in the rain.
"We are not with Railford. We are members of the Pathfinders, and wish to establish a new lodge in the town. The Pathfinders were under the" cough, cough, "under the impression that the son of Railford was the owner of the winery and of the lands."
He stopped a short distance away. "Were we mistaken?"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 19:53
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.73 per day)
The soldier blinked. "...I suppose?"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 20:00
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.73 per day)
"Intriguing. I would greatly appreciate hearing your view of the situation."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 25th of September, 2011, 20:18
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Kamh made himself heard above the conversation, but stopped short of yelling.

"The call for help has been answered. Dogs are coming from both left and right."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren