Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Red_dr4g0n94's Games > Heroes or Villians

Unread 1st of November, 2003, 15:39
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Tales of the Force (OOC)

*as Mr, Burns* Excellent...I am now one step closer to galactic domination.

Er...now that that's out of the way, this is the OOC thread. As if you didn't already know that.

Random shiznit and such about the game (and anything really, I know how these things work) should be posted here.

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 1st of November, 2003, 18:48
Samurai
Ghoul

Member: #464
Unless we want half or more of the group creating new characters, I suggest we all hold a consensus as to what side of the GCW we wish to work for. Personally, I would not mind a little intrigue and character death before that is decided, but many people do not like losing characters to other PCs. I am amicable to working for either side, or even playing the middle as part of one of the criminal organizations, or a mercenary.
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 03:23
Spoon
Ghoul

Member: #42
I'm sure we all want to say "You rebel scum" over and over again, yet i must put my vote for the rebellion cause anarchisms cool + having the resources of the empire at your disposal is too easy.

Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 05:58
stealthbanana
Spectre

Member: #386
Hey, Red is very good at making sure what you do won't be easy. If that's what your worried about, then don't. Your tenure in the Empire will be just as hard as it would be if you were on the side of the rebels.

Since I may be playing, and in the interest of Red's sanity (dark side/empire games are hard to run), I'm going to vote for being on the Rebel's side as well. But hey, I want to be a noble. Maybe the Empire would be cooler. Or maybe having split factions would be even better... but this is Red's first StarWars game with people other then Sparda and I. So let's cut him some slack, ya?

~SB out
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 06:44
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

This ain't no democracy, this is a dictatorship on this board.

Damn you goverment! My classes are sneaking into my posts. And I'm all for letting you play for the Rebels if thats what you want. I just think that its easier to explain how you joined the Empire (forced conscription, joined the academy) than how you managed to convince the Rebels to let you join. Besides, you'll all get the chance to defect eventually, even if you just use it as an excuse to destroy the rebels further for your own selfish plots.

And I looked over several resoures (Trust me, when it comes to Star Wars, I have plenty) and found that while the Empire didn't allow non-humans in its ranks, it wasn't above using them for their own purposes. Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, Informants, all of these can be a good excuse for having an alien or female character.

Also, on the terms of Force-wielders. The mention of being a servant for Darth or Palpatine was more for if you wanted to take any of the force classes (Guardian & the Diplomant one). If you want a force user character who ISN'T working for the two Sith, then you'll probably be hiding your powers, or are simply unaware of them.

However, I can understand if the Players don't want to risk conflicting ideals that lead to PvP battles. So if people really want to work for the Rebellion or simply be criminals, then I can understand that. My First Star Wars game was with TIE Fighter, so I guess I just have a sentimental attachment to the idea of loyally and blindly serving a ruthless dictatorship.
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 06:46
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

Member: #26
My vote's for the Empire. Morals and consciences are for pansies.
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 10:46
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
I'd be delighted to play. But you may want to post some chargen rules, Monotone. Oh, and I'm definitely going to be a Jedi guardian. I love flashy effects and laser swords.
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 11:30
Samurai
Ghoul

Personally, as I mentioned earlier, I do not mind a little PvP action before our side in the GCW is decided. However, others do, and IME such activities can even lead to grudges, or the destruction of the game. Now, if people were willing to accept the loss of a character to other players actions, it would not be a problem, but I doubt that is the case.

As such, it is probably best to decide a side now, before the game starts. We can still begin as Imperials, but we would all know that we would eventually switch sides. Likewise for any other scenarios.
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 13:25
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Good suggestion. While Imperials are not the most gracious or loving lot (well some are but they're the exception to the rule), they're not all evil. Most are just going with what the rightful government tells them too, others think they are doing what is best for the galaxy as a whole, and others are idealist who quickly become disillusioned to the ideals of the Empire. But lets face it, everyone wants to be the Villian at some point in their lives, if only becuase Villians have the potential for un-paralled coolness, or just to see how it is on the other side. I know that some of the coolest people in Movies/Video Games/Anime are the villians. Darth Vader, Sephiroth, and several others fall into this category. Sometimes I find myself rooting for the bad guys more often than the good guys.

Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 13:28
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Oh, and If I could have a role call of the players, just for the sake of my sanity, that would be appreciated. Just post if you know your going to be playing or are thinking of joining in.

Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 15:06
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

If you're playing and you know it, make a post! *post post*

If you're playing and you know it, make a post! *post post*

If you're playing and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're playing and you know it, make a post! *post post*
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 15:36
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
*post* *post*

There you go. And once again, chargen? Or do I just have to ask you sunday?
Unread 2nd of November, 2003, 20:37
Samurai
Ghoul

I will be playing.
Unread 3rd of November, 2003, 01:12
Spoon
Ghoul

Member: #42
I'm in. You said aliens wern't out of the question so is a Jawa strong in the force cool with you?

Unread 3rd of November, 2003, 02:34
BrianL03
Bodak

Member: #55
Stay on target!

Stay on target!

Black 1 to Grey 4, begin your bombing run now. We'll fly cover while you blast those Rebel scum.

Link Fire Arrow
Unread 3rd of November, 2003, 04:21
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

A jawa strong in the force? I've heard some strange concepts, but I have to admit, that ones a first. If you can send me the info on the special qualities, stat boost/penalties etc. then I'll think about it. Should be interesting to hear what kind of scrap your equipment is made out of though.

Sparda, No Chargen rules yet. Still trying to figure out if we're ultimately going to be imperial or rebel or a criminal. I'm pretty sure your all going start out at either Lv 2 or Lv 3, still thinking about it, but I'm leaning towards Lv 3.

So I have several votes for a rebel campaign, about the same for an imperial one, but I think we'll lead towards starting out imperial and going from there.

And is anyone opposed to eventually shooting forward to the New Jedi Order eventually? Just wanna see if people would ever like to battle the Vong and their bio-ships.

Unread 3rd of November, 2003, 04:43
stealthbanana
Spectre

Member: #386
I'm still here. It's been decided. I R Noble. Bow down.
Unread 3rd of November, 2003, 10:01
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

A Noble you may be, but royalty is another matter. Keep acting like that, and Darth Vader will make your life short and unpleasant.

Okay, only Druid20 hasn't posted on the OOC thread yet, so I still don't know if he's interested in this or not. Otherwise, we have 6 people. Pretty good number if I do say so myself. Which I do.

Unread 6th of November, 2003, 13:57
BrianL03
Bodak

Member: #55
Alien Stats List

Link Fire Arrow
Unread 9th of November, 2003, 14:13
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Thanks for the list Brian, it will really come in handy when I send those evil guys after you -- er I mean... Nevermind.

I've posted the different views and aspects of the Force in this time period, for those of you who aren't aware of how people thought of it during this era. I suspect that most of you DO know it, but I posted it just the same to play it safe.

And Spoon, about your Jawa...I'm having a debate about that internally, since as far as I know Jawas stick to Tatooine and never actually leave their planet since they're so skitish. Plus, if oyu intend on being a Force Wielder it would have to be as a Dark Sider since I'm generally disallowing any Light-siders right off the bat. I want you guys who actually use the Force to earn it after all! And I have plans for how you can earn it...MWHAHAHA!

Unread 9th of November, 2003, 15:10
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

does it involve mercilessly killing rebel scum?
Unread 9th of November, 2003, 15:13
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Perhaps. More likely than not, at least at the beginning. If you do join the Rebs though, make sure you leave that out when you give them your Resume.

Unread 10th of November, 2003, 03:31
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

now...by "Join the Rebs," you mean "infiltrate the traitors for the good of the Empire." right?
Unread 10th of November, 2003, 08:17
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

If that's what you want, then yes. Of course, each person is different, so you may not be working for the Rebs for the same reason as the others. And like I said, that's IF you join them. If the Empire is having a hard time finding them, imagine how hard it will be for you to convince them to let you join? Especially if oyu have a dark sider with oyu and a certain wannabe Jedi should happen along and sees it...

But again thats IF you join the Rebs. You don't have to by any means, but if that's what you wanna do. Or you can try and infiltrate them with the intention of destroying it from the inside out. That works too.

Unread 10th of November, 2003, 16:36
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
*raises a point*

You all seem to be working on the basic assumption that the rebels are all nice people. You mentioned that not all Imp's are evil, but not all Rebels would be good.

The Rebel Alliance by it's name suggest that it is a consortium of organizations, rather then just a singular one, who's prime reason for allying themselves is to fight against the Imperial Ruler.

Now in a Galaxy as wide and varied as the Star Wars one, surely there would be rebel organisations that are the very antithesis of the honourable Alderran and Mon Calimari ones.