Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Mercutio's Games > XCrawl

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 7th of May, 2011, 10:06
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.95 per day)
Post Stage One: Surviving the Elements

Arriving at the stadium early in the afternoon, an air of excitement and anticipation fills the backstage area. They direct you to the green room, a small room where the production crew is already setting up. A door from the room leads into the crawl. Couches and tables surround the room, with the remains of catered food laid out on the tables, looking as if the production crew scavenged through before you entered. On one wall stands the inspection table, but the ref hasn't arrive yet. About the room, AVS's cycle through the security cameras placed around the coliseum. The largest AVS continually displays the network's video feed. Just as you are settling in a young man with a clipboard walks into the room and begins to address you.

"Ms. Perry wanted me to let you know that you will have an interview before you go into the crawl today," he says in a whiny, self-righteous voice. "It'll be with Chuck and Dan from SportsEvening in about an hour. If you have any questions, I should be able to answer them."

[OOC - In addition to whatever else you post here, please roll spot checks.]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 7th of May, 2011, 10:43
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.46 per day)
Adamant stands tall, clad in his armor, shining brightly in the room, his flame red armor casting reflected red light. Adamant shifts his head slightly to look the young man in the eyes, and stared deep into them, seeming to bore into his head. Adamant then looks slowly towards Tricks, then subtlety nods.

(OOC: Spot check 19 )
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 7th of May, 2011, 15:57
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.52 per day)
The pre-XCrawl couches. How he had missed them. Tripster walked over to one of them and sprawled on it, his legs hanging over one side. "That's how I like it. Nothing against a little pre-Crawl relaxation, hm?"

The huge man closed his eyes and seemed to doze until the man addressed them. Tripster kept his mouth shut and craned his neck to look over at the others.

{OOC: Spot 19 }
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 8th of May, 2011, 05:23
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.82 per day)
Val stood awkwardly, off to the side, her eyes flickering nervously around the room.
Why did I think this was a good idea? Crawl? Freaking seriously? Ohmigod I'm gonna die. Fucking hell.
She leaned back against the wall, trying to calm herself down, still glancing around nervously.

[OOC: Val gets, like, ten spot checks a minute. I think she'll eventually notice whatever there is to spot? For now, 19 like everyone else I guess.]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 8th of May, 2011, 10:52
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.77 per day)
Bernard sat on the end of a couch in the corner, squeezing out a whole bottle of posing oil onto his chest. Once finished, he tossed it into a wastebasket with three others. He didn't show it as obviously as Val, but he was just as nervous; the main difference was that Burn was almost more worried about doing an unscripted interview than about dying horribly.

[OOC - Spot 14 ]

Last edited by LeadPal; 8th of May, 2011 at 10:56.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 8th of May, 2011, 14:50
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.49 per day)
Entering the room and seeing the some chicken that has yet to be claimed at one of the serving tables Razor Charlie whips out a dagger and throws it pinning the chicken to the wall. "Dibs."

He takes to one of the comfortable chairs and sits/lays sideways and begins to enjoy the chicken that he holds with his dagger. He didn't know what to expect from the crawl but knew it couldn't have been as lethal or dangerous as most of his jobs. Hell, he heard that in some games they even made it non-lethal on purpose. And anyway it wasn't time for action yet. They put out the spread and he wasn't about to squander this opportunity while it lasted.

He ignores the man as he enters and gazes around at the vid feeds to see if he can gather more about what all these X-Crawl games were about. He hadn't watched many of them and the only real experience he had was as working for a hunter but it didn't really give him insight into the games themselves.

OOC: I sorta ...um, forgot how to roll. I dont mind if you do it for me this time. I'll try to track down the code for next time.
Hrm... lets try: Passive spot check: [roll]1d20-1[/roll] (to randomly notice whatever)
Active spot check: [roll]1d20-1[/roll](when gazing at the vid feeds)
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus

Last edited by Lune; 8th of May, 2011 at 15:10.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 8th of May, 2011, 15:01
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.82 per day)
Val jumped something like a foot into the air at Charlie's dagger throw. After a sheepish moment of embarrassment, she backed off further into the room, now entirely more freaked out than before, if that was possible.
Fuck's sake fucking asshole why do people do that argh stuff like that is going to happening all the time in there why did I ever think this was a good idea I am so boned augh why why why why? Goddamn freaks all of them how can they be so calm!

[OOC: Use the [roll] tag. {roll}1d20+8{/roll} with the { as [ gives you 25 . Incidentally, trying to apply [noparse] to rolls throws up an error, obnoxious big blue thing right below me. Yes yes I know shut up stupid blue thing. Here. 22 Happy? Also for some reason I can't apply the [size] tag now. Strange.]

Last edited by zachol; 8th of May, 2011 at 15:07.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 8th of May, 2011, 15:13
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.49 per day)
OOC: Ok, so maybe it doesn't like us editing stuff after we put up a post that includes a roll so as to avoid people screwing with their roll? Testing that theory here. If it doesn't work right feel free to delete this post:
Passive spot check: 0 (to randomly notice whatever)
Active spot check: 15 (when gazing at the vid feeds)
__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 03:48
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.42 per day)
Tricks flashes the man a smile, "Thanks, Scooter. We're looking forward to it. Tell Chuck and Dan we're ready when they are."

Triz takes a moment to look around the room, taking in the spread, his team, and a chicken with a knife through it. "Just give us a minute, yeah?" He says to clipboard, indicating he should skidaddle.

(OOC: spot 12 )
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 15th of May, 2011, 04:08
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.36 per day)
Jack walked into the room still barely knowing anyone, that didn't matter to him, all that he cared about was getting to fight.

He said, "Sorry I'm late guys, The traffic on the way here was terrible."


(ooc: spot [1d20+2])
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 15th of May, 2011, 04:10
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.36 per day)
18
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 18th of May, 2011, 07:25
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.95 per day)
Jake escorts Razor Charlie to the observation/substitute room. It has communications blocks in the forms of both electronics and magic to ensure that there's no way Razor can warn the group of anything he sees before they do. He's privileged to watch from a spectator's AVS display, which shows all the details of the dungeon.

Once Razor Charlie is settled in, Jake comes back and shuffles the rest of the party towards the interview area. Seated in neighboring chairs are Chuck Nigel and Dan Moray, the anchors of SportsEvning on the EmpireSports One Network. Chuck sits pouring over his copious notes, while Dan lounges back in his chair and flirts with a cute elvish intern. As you approach, they both perk up and smile. Introductions go around and Jake motions for you to sit. He rushes around, panicked, trying to get everyone in place.

Dan sits forward and says, "Man, look at that little guy scatter. That's funny. he does that for every one of these segments. He's all messed up because he got a B on a report card one time, and thinks he has to prove himself to everybody all the time.

"What a nerd."

Chuck chuckles but answers, "Dan, leave the kid alone. We've got more important things to worry about."

"You're right, Chuck." Dan turns to address the party, "Looks like you guys might actually have a shot to win this thing. This is going to be just a fluff interview, but try and really play it up for the cameras."

Chuck pipes in, "Yeah no sweat here, so just relax and be yourselves. Looks like we're ready to go."

Jake yells for quiet and the cameraman focuses in on the set. After a silent countdown from three, the red light goes on and the show begins.

"Welcome everybody," Chuck begins, "to a special edition of SportsEvening here on ES-One. Tonight we're going to be meeting with the teams ready to crawl through the deep and dark places of Pittsburgh, Columbia."

Dan took up the introduction, "First up is IGNITION! This crew is pretty jacked up about the opportunity to be among the teams here. So, how does it feel to be around famous, and infamous, teams like the Dunguun Gangstaas, Steel Dragons, and even the Nightcrawlers?"

[OOC - The spot checks reveal to everyone a scene of a bunch of goblins running around in firefighting gear, and a shot of a group of laborers unloading some crates that are marked "3 Rivers Mining Company." The other images flash by too quickly for anyone to see what was going on.

It's up to you guys how you respond to the interview, but how well you do impacts the crowd's reaction. Just make sure you roll anything that you think is a skill attempt. Dan and Chuck will alternate questions for a little while (there are 6 planned questions) but it's up to you who answers, etc.]
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 18th of May, 2011, 16:35
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.77 per day)
Bernard's whole posture changed once the interview began, tensing up and leaning in as if he were readying to pounce on the camera. "WELL DAN I gotta tell ya, we are more stoked than a damn furnace to be here. Especially meeting the Gangstaas. They ain't lost a Cup since Detroit, and you gotta respect that. But we ain't starstruck, we ain't dazzled, 'cause the Gangstaas might be on a roll, but IGNITION is about to be ON FIRE."

To emphasize that last point, he ran his fingers through the wispy flame of his "hair". In character, Burn's voice was so cartoonishly loud that it was hard to emphasize anything vocally.

Last edited by LeadPal; 19th of May, 2011 at 07:10.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 00:41
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.95 per day)
Dan turns to Chuck and says, "Well Chuck, you gotta love that enthusiasm from this team. If motivation were all it took to win a crawl, I'd say the Gangstaas might be in trouble here."

"You're right, Dan, but we both know it takes more than bluster to make it through a Crawl, especially one created by DJ Phantom. Man, that guy's tough." Chuck turns to Tricks, "What do you make of Phantom? Any special tricks or maneuvers up your sleeve to deal with the famous, faceless DJ?"

[OOC - Burn Ward rolls a Grandstanding. 14 Despite his enthusiasm, the crowd doesn't seem particularly excited, yet.]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 07:03
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.42 per day)
"Well, Chuck - they don't call me Tricks for nothing. Rest assured, My team and I are more than ready for anything Phantom's worked out. We're IGNITION, baby, and we're just getting started." Tricks punctuates the last by spreading his arms out, indicating the whole team.

Asked to elaborate further, Tricks gives the camera one of his winning smiles and places his finger alongside his nose, "Now, Chuck - that would be telling, wouldn't it. I don't see Phantom scribing his secrets on a scroll for me, you can't expect me to lay it all out there for him!"

(OOC: Perform(Mugging) 20 )
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 20th of May, 2011, 11:49
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.95 per day)
Chuck quickly tries to step in before any further damage is done. "Ouch, Dan, that sound you hear is subtle disapproval. I know teams can't give out secret methods, but it seems the crowd expected more than the usual political non-answer."

"Well, Chuck, it is IGNITION's first crawl, so they've got a lot to learn." Dan responds, and then continues. "Speaking of that, who would you guys say is your biggest inspiration for joining the eXtreme Dungeon Crawling League?"

[DC for Mugging is always 21. Tricks' Mugging attempt is a failure, but the crowd is still neutral.]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 20th of May, 2011, 12:16
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.82 per day)
Val's eyes dart toward Tricks. Ouch.
She leans in to answer and divert a little of the pressure.
"Dan, I actually have to say I'm most interested in what the DJs have to offer for challenges. I'm a locksmith, I love working with traps and locks, and its always fun to see some new and complex mechanism. Working on one that's well-designed and innovative is a fantastic rush."
She leans back, relaxing a little as she focuses on the subject. "I know that DJs Katz and Re-Do always design their own, and there's also a freelancer Daren F that I keep track of."
She glances at the rest of the group. Someone else better jump in soon.

[Specifically trying not to mug here, if possible.]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 21st of May, 2011, 09:28
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.42 per day)
"The Competition itself motivates me, Dan. These days, XCrawl is where the best Athletes are, the best minds, and most importantly, the best fans. I feel like the rest of the sports world just doesn't have the balls that the modern American wants in their entertainment." Tricks smiles again, a bit miffed at the previous response.

(OOC: Mugging 26 )
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 21st of May, 2011, 16:32
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.77 per day)
Burn starts nodding vigorously. "You can say that again, Tricks! When you're too rough to wrestle, too raw for RAW, there ain't no better place to show your moves than the dungeon."

[OOC - Aid Another 16 ]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 01:27
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.52 per day)
Tripster raises his rumble of a voice. "I always see the Cup in my mind, Dan. I dream of it. It's a long way to get there, but... it's a mighty fun way besides." He knew he wasn't any good at this interview thing. Best stick to the truth.

{OOC: Try at perform (mugging) as aid another: 3 }
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 01:58
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.95 per day)
Dan ignores Tripsters fumbled statement as he focuses in on the real show, Trickster and Burn Ward. "Now THAT's what I want to hear. Conviction, determination, and balls. That's what makes winners in the 'Crawl. I was beginning to get a little scared that you guys might not have what it takes, but with that kind of attitude, you just might survive."

"Yeah, Dan, they had me worried a bit too, but it sounds like the audience appreciated that show of guts. And they're going to need all of those to get through what Phantom's got lined up for them. Speaking of challenges, which other team do you think will present your biggest competition here today?"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 05:39
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.42 per day)
Tricks reclines in his seat, looking to his left and right at his team members, "You can't deny a streak like the Gangstas', or the reputation for success that the Dragons have, but to be real honest, Chuck, none of the other teams are bringing what we do to the table. Whether it's attitude, experience, intelligence, or sheer bad-assery, IGNITION brings it to the table. We're the best team at this Crawl, period. End of story."

(OOC: Mugging 13 )
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 08:00
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.46 per day)
Adamant stands, rigid, and out of the way, knowing that he can't get away without talking at all.

"The Veiled Goddess herself guides us, fortune and fate calls out to the souls who yearn for triumph. Her voice resonates with the dawn, with the rising sun, and with the twilight and falling darkness of the setting sun. Our dreams are her dreams, and her dreams are our dreams. Entwined together, our success is preordained. We cannot fail, for the fates have decreed it."

(ooc: Aid another mugging 4 Hey, what do you know, looks like Adamant's style goes way over the heads of the audience =p)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 09:20
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.82 per day)
Fucking hell.
Incredibly nervous, Val glances at Tricks and Adamant, and leans in. "We've got variety. The best DJs sneak up on you, they feint, they take you down not by overpowering you, but by tripping you up and hitting you when you're down. The Gangstas and the Dragons are good, hell they're great, but I got a feeling they just might not have the flexibility needed. What I want out of Phantom is surprises, I want him to come out of left field."

(OOC: Mugging aid 15 awww yeah.)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 24th of May, 2011, 16:05
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.52 per day)
Tripster draws back slightly as he is more or less ignored by Chuck and Dan. When he saw that both of them looked rather doubtful at Tricks' pronouncement, he decided to give it another try. He knew he'd best focus on his abilities lest he'd stumble over the words. Revealing a part of his fiery spiked chain, he commented on Val's words. "There's next to nothing that can actually sneak up on me. Let's see what Phantom sends against us. Whatever it is, they'll soon find the tripping flames throwing them on their backs!"

{OOC: Mugging aid: 8 }
__________________

Last edited by Tashalar; 25th of May, 2011 at 03:04. Reason: Added 'aid' to the mugging attempt. Forgot it earlier - but how would he mug on his own with a mod of -1? ;)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren