Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > elmer_jok's Games > Even Gods Cry

Unread 3rd of September, 2009, 23:16
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
I'm a terrible failure, I've yet to transcribe my character or fill in the background details. Work is busy today and I'm getting up at some ungodly hour in the morning to fly to Barcelona.

Back Monday.
Unread 4th of September, 2009, 05:09
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
My turn, I guess.

Frosty is more a melee type character, and his attacks consists mostly of head on slice and dice. He's built to be however a pretty flexible, having powers that do a lot of damage and others that support, and being equally skilled in both domains of his possible abilities. However, Frosty does have a penchant towards smiting evil with his blade. His AC being his highest defense, he can take on many hits and still go on strong. Being a Paladin, he does indeed have some healing at his disposal, and a few power ups and interesting capabilities, so he'll try and stay as close to party members during said encounter, if possible.

Frosty was raised within a tyrannical empire, but he successfully fled his overlords to the Narfell mountains, where he resided most of his time as a free dragonborn. He stayed in the mountains most of the time, though he did come down every now and then to check up on the residents, gather some necessary equipment and tools when need, etc. He's a silent type character, not saying much, reserved. However, he has pretty strong convictions, especially about his deity and his will to destroy evil and tyranny as best as his abilities can help him. He will gladly help those in need when he can.
Unread 5th of September, 2009, 13:52
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Member: #1746
Hey ya'll I fell a little behind this week too. It went by in a blur of alcohol and beer pong as we celebrated my sister and her boyfriend's 3rd anniversary and my 27the birthday. Yesterday was devoted to cleaning my house and a date with my lady that evening. I actually logged onto the site on wednesday, but the admins put up a Happy Birthday notice that told me to go back and eat some cake. I will be back on monday.
Unread 8th of September, 2009, 06:10
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Okay people. A break in the whirlwind of life... finally!

I'll be working on stuff throughout the day and tomarrow including throwing my 1-3 cents in on your background chatter and answering questions put to me in private as well as posting some more relevent campaign info and adjusting the house rules as we discussed.

Thank you all for whipping up your characters so quick and really working as a team.
Unread 8th of September, 2009, 17:55
BigRedRod

Well it's not quick as I'm still not done. My evening is more or less free though right now, so when I get home from work I'll add the rest of my numbers. Hopefully I can do the background at work today.
Unread 9th of September, 2009, 03:55
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #1474
ditto on that for me
Unread 9th of September, 2009, 09:15
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

I will brainstorm with you BRR first then so you can get your character wrapped up, as well as Prince Yami.
Unread 9th of September, 2009, 16:31
Viro
Ghoul

Member: #408
Yami, updated my background a bit, so we've "met" at the very least, can figure out the details whenever Or just message me if you have particular ideas.

Elmer - any basic info about where we are "as the story begins"? That's more specific than the general region.
Unread 12th of September, 2009, 04:29
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #1474
I've hammered out all the details on my sheet now except for the Wizard Cantrips. If there are any mistakes tell me and i'll fix them.

I also have a question about rituals. do I just say "I have Xgp worth of ritual components" or would I have to specify which ritual the components were for?

Last edited by Prince Yami; 12th of September, 2009 at 04:42.
Unread 12th of September, 2009, 07:31
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

I don't have my books in front of me right now, but taking a guess I'd say you have to specify what ritual each is for. If that's not the case, I'll make it the case. It makes more sense to me that way.

My first thought was to start everyone in Goasmeet, but let me take another long look at everyone's backgrounds before I make my final decision on that.

I've been one very sorry excuse for a DM lately guys but I thought my days of super overtime and my computers being broken were over with. This is the last week of the overtime I hope and my computers will be going into the shop on tuesday. I've been using my moms cpu lately (and my phone) but sometimes I just don't feel like sitting at her house or typing on my phone. Hopefully I can frankenstein something together until my computers get out of the shop.

Once the game actually 'starts' though I'll do whatever I need to do to keep it going.

I haven't forgot about you BRR or PY.
Unread 12th of September, 2009, 09:18
FatmanVonBlubberfellow
Tiny Zombie

Member: #7537
>.>
<.<
Not to be a GM-correctin' kinda dude, but I believe you buy ritual components by the skill (Religion, Nature, etc) and they work for any ritual that uses that skill. I think they did that because having to buy components for each ritual individually basically makes it so you're carrying around a lot of wasted money that you'll never get to use because unless you're very sharp with guessing which rituals you'll use how many times.
Unread 15th of September, 2009, 08:09
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

That makes sense. I just didn't like the idea of ritual components being able to be used by any ritual.
Unread 16th of September, 2009, 03:56
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #7644
Finally got around to finishing the background off and posting it. Is anyone else a born Goatsmeet resident? BBR, didn't you say the Botanist was going to be, or was that just a passing idea? If anyone is, your character and Gwenn should at least know each other casually, given the small size of the town.
Unread 16th of September, 2009, 05:55
BigRedRod

Either Goatsmeet or the next slightly larger town.
Unread 16th of September, 2009, 06:02
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Being from Goatsmeet would work best for you BRR. I also was thinking about your prophecy plant idea and came up with something cool. I'll explain in greater detail in a PM later today. I think we're just about ready to start the game.
Unread 16th of September, 2009, 06:23
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Well, if the Botanist is from Goatsmeet, he and Gwenn would at least know each other casually, but would it be more? It sounds like TB is very focused on the Root of the Past, and Gwenn spent much of her time alone and/or pulled back from others. At the same time, they seem to compliment each other in terms of fashion. Heck, we both have fine clothing on our sheets!

How long ago were you planning the fire to have been? If it's recent, we can just be "that other person picking up a clothing package," but since Gwenn's been around town more the last year or two if the fire was awhile ago I expect we've had a chat or two at least. What are your leanings here? I think there should be some distance no matter what, just because that fits with Gwenn's personality to start out.
Unread 19th of September, 2009, 03:58
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

I'd like the fire to have been recently. It fits with the storyline better that way.
Unread 20th of September, 2009, 18:34
BigRedRod

Yeah, I was going with very recent given the impact upon his character. Fire to adventure within a couple of days or so.

As Goatsmeet is such a small place I imagine anybody living there would know most faces. Having encountered one another out and about on shopping. Unless you want something deeper?
Unread 20th of September, 2009, 23:17
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Nope, that actually matches what I thought. So we'll know who each other is, but no more.
Unread 22nd of September, 2009, 14:20
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Yay! My home PC is finally fixed! Hurray!

The repair was so simple I'm embarrassed even to say it... but I will so others can share in the laugh.

My computer was restarting after only about 5-10 minutes of being on and because a friend had the same problem I knew that I needed some new thermal grease between the CPU and the heat-sink.

Thermal Grease - $5
Gas to go pick up Grease - $5
Can of Dust Remover -$10
Alcohol and Swabs - $3

Forgetting to fully clamp down the heat-sink to the mother board and wondering why it still isn't working for about 3 weeks - PRICELESS!

Very noob move on my part

I'll start making up for my delays with a flurry of posts and setting info posted including more localized info about Goatsmeet, the surrounding areas, and local history and common knowledge. In addition I will do some last minute colaberations with each of the players about their background, hooks, and other miscellaneous stuff including more detailed knowledges about your areas of expertise (history, nature, streetwise, etc.)
Unread 29th of September, 2009, 01:37
BigRedRod

These delays have come in handy with my own limited orp time recently. But I'm still in. So in. I just need to find some time to finish off.
Unread 29th of September, 2009, 14:48
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
I'm still here and ready to game
Unread 29th of September, 2009, 14:56
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

I'm glad that our delays can line up accordingly. I have two Rockstar energy drinks and a bag of Funyuns and my plan tonight, after playing a game of dota real quick, is to tackle the rest of the pregame set up.
Unread 29th of September, 2009, 16:40
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

Member: #1488
Be warned, I may steal some of it.
Unread 29th of September, 2009, 17:52
Viro
Ghoul

Member: #408
Been too long since I've posted, so I'll chime in and say I'm still here too. Been reading regular, just waiting on things to progress.