Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 20th of August, 2008, 20:26
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb

Jundar’s Tomb 1 - The Guardian

The Shadow follows those that cast it. But, that is it. The Shadow has no effect on the lives of those that cast it... nor will I.

That is what Almego keeps telling himself as he walks along near the back of the group; it’s the same mantra he’s been using for the past three days. The group of adventurers have trudged through snow drifts nearly froze to death at night in the early winter storms that have pummeled the northern realms. But Raynal has led them onward, feeling the tug of the third weapon of power, using it as a compass guide. Almego has felt it too and when they top the tor as the light dims from their third day of traveling, he knows they are very close.
Mirko calls a break as Raynal and Borth scout the tor, looking for the entrance to the tomb. Mirko hasn’t been himself these past few days. For some strange reason, Dreys chose to stay behind. “It doesn’t make no damn sense,” Mirko has said on more than one occasion. But beyond that, the barbarian has said little of nothing. He hasn’t even spoken to Almego…but then, no one else has either.

Within an hour, Raynal and Borth return, grinning and saying they found the entrance…and something more. Refusing to explain exactly what they found, the rangers lead the group around the east side of the tor, in a steady decline for about seventy five feet. By this time darkness has fallen and moonlight glistens off the surface of a small lake in the valley below; the sky is covered with stars. In the distance a creature bellows a guttural challenge as the group cautiously picks its way along, amid loose rocks and slumbering vines. Raynal halts in a rocky area on the hillside.
“This is the entrance to the tomb, or so says its guardian.”

Your eyes try to focus on the figure sitting cross-legged among the rocks, the moonlight giving some definition to his features. The figure pulls back his hood revealing a bald head and a shaggy, white beard, and when he stands you realize he is a dwarf, withered with age. Bowing, he says, “I am Korum Oathkeeper – Guardian of Jundar’s Tomb. Dumathoin, Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain, called to me and I came to serve for a time unknown. I have sat on this hillside for 265 years and I have been witness to many things. In my time of service, 57 souls have entered this tomb in search of plunder. None have returned. It is not my task to prevent the foolish from finding what they seek, even if it means their doom. I have waited for the coming of the Chosen Ones since my vision, nearly 93 years past. You claim to be the ones spoken of in prophecy. The ones destined to battle the Storm Sisters and prevent the full fury of Shadowstorm. To do so you seek The Burning Blade - forged eons ago for just that purpose. I see none of my kinsmen to wield the Blade, but no matter. The Blade will provide for itself, or so the stories say. If you are indeed the Chosen Ones, may the blessings of Dumathoin, his hands uphold the foundations of the world forever, smile upon you and fill your hearts with treasure immeasurable. If you are not the Chosen Ones…Jundar’s tomb shall be your own.” Exchanging glances at one another reveals the fear in your eyes, and Mirko finally breaks the silence, “Most revered Korum, is there any advice you would offer?” The ancient dwarf looks around the group for several seconds before finally resting his gaze upon the barbarian’s young face. “A tomb is a selfish home. The residents therein are at peace and do not welcome the living. You cannot win against it. You can only survive it or not.” He lets that last word settle in and he adds, “Remember: 57 souls, and none have survived. Therefore, do not be surprised when the tomb exacts a toll for your disturbance.”
Having said enough, Korum steps up to the side of the hill, places his right hand on a protruding fist-sized rock and gently pushes. The rock recedes into the hill with an audible “click” and an outline of a door appears, opening inward to reveal nothing but darkness. Korum says, “There is a similar rock inside should you need it.” He grunts and returns to his rocky post where you hear him whisper, “Scoot over.” You can’t be certain due to the lack of light and your frayed nerves, but you would swear a huge boulder actually moves a few inches allowing the dwarf to sit down! Raynal lights a torch and with one last look outside, leads you inside the tomb.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Hey fellers! Are you ready for a dungeon crawl? It’s not a large dungeon, but it’s deadly. It's hard to do properly, so I need your help with the following:
A/ A standard marching order – who’s in front, behind and who’s carrying the light sources. Most of the corridors are 10’ feet wide allowing you to walk side by side, single file, or in a staggered file.
B/ Detailed actions – are you carrying your sword? Walking with spell components in your fist? Eating a cookie? How fast are you walking? When are you checking for evil or secret doors, traps, etc? I think you know what I mean.
C/ Everyone needs to map! Yes! Mapping! I love it, and I’m going to be very specific with wall length, floor and ceiling design, etc. If you have any questions or get confused let me know, and I’ll back up and run through it again.
D/ Equipment list – send this to me if it has changed since the last time you sent it. And if you say you pull something out that is not on your list, then you don’t got it!
E/ One more thing, do we need a spokesman? You know, someone who makes a group decision or do you want me to lead you along, via Raynal, and go from there?

I know there are some things I’m forgetting, but I’ll send ‘em as they come to me. This should be a lot of fun – I’m pumped about it and excited to see how this works!
Talk to me!
-g-
__________________

  #2  
Unread 22nd of August, 2008, 11:20
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.40 per day)
Jundar’s Tomb 2 – Into the Tomb

As the door behind you closes, shutting off access to the outside, a deep silence falls over your group. The only sounds are the crackling of torches and the creak of armor. Should you turn back? Can you turn back? Sensing your thoughts, Mirko says, “We have been sent to find the Burning Blade. It will aid us in our quest against the hags. Uthgar will watch over us and Lathander’s light will guide us. Stay together. If you see or hear something, call out.” And with that, the barbarian nods and Raynal leads the way into darkness.

The rough-hewn corridor is approximately 10’ wide and 20’ long, the dark gray stone cool to the touch. The ceiling is a mere 8’ above your heads, giving a sense of entrapment as you slowly make your way bearing north. Raynal whispers back, “We have a room up here,” and the corridor opens in the center of the southern wall of a 30 x 30 chamber with a 15’ ceiling. The torches illuminate the unremarkable room revealing statues of a dwarven warrior in the NE and NW corners. In the center of the north wall, the corridor continues on ahead. Spreading out you begin a search of the room, concentrating on the statues which appear to be identical. The warrior is dressed in plate mail and wields a large spiked mace. “Hey,” Swindell says, “You think this could be Jundar?” “Maybe so, Swindell,” Franklin replies. “Sure looks like a wicked mace!” After several minutes of fruitless searching, Mirko says, “Let’s move on. Raynal, lead the way.” And the ranger moves into the corridor, heading north.

The corridor runs north for 50’ and ends in a plain, stone door with no handle. There is a symbol of a broken sword in a circle chiseled in the door face. All is quiet.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

What do you do?

Marching Order (for corridors):
Raynal, Shirl, Mirko, T’Rull (the Quaggoth), Swindell, Franklin, Agean, Graham, Boric, Tusk, Hudson, Almego, Allison, Shirl, & Borth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 1.JPG (44.0 KB, 3 views)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #3  
Unread 22nd of August, 2008, 11:22
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.40 per day)
pointing his flaming sword forward Mirko nods signaling to move ahead,

lets go, the sooner we clean up this place the sooner we'll get those bitches
Mirko moves a few steps ahead to sniff the air seeking to get some clues as to what to expect...
he looks back to the group
anyone good at finding traps?
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 23rd of August, 2008 at 16:12.
  #4  
Unread 24th of August, 2008, 04:43
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
When the party stops at the stone door Almego shoulders his way to the front. Looking again at his trident to make sure it senses no enemies nearby he shrugs and thinks, I don't feel comfortable skulking through dungeons. The quicker we're done here, the better.

"I don't know much about traps, but..." His mouth opens to say more, but he closes it and looks into Mirko's eyes. Seeing the distrust that is plain and evident he shrugs and scowls back. "I'll scout ahead."

Embracing the Shadow Almego fades into incorporeality and moves to slide through the cracks in the frame of the stone door ahead of him. Before going through however he comes back to solid form and places a dweomer upon himself, Mirko and Raynal allowing them to communicate over distances. After the spell is in place he fades back out of reality and strikes forward.


(Right Hand: Trident - Left Hand: Small Pocket Watch)
(Spells in effect: Message [Almego, Mirko, and Raynal])

Last edited by elmer_jok; 25th of August, 2008 at 03:38.
  #5  
Unread 25th of August, 2008, 19:21
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 3

Jundar’s Tomb 3 – Almego Scouts Ahead

Pointing his flaming sword forward, Mirko nods signaling to move ahead. “Lets go, the sooner we clean up this place the sooner we'll get those bitches. Mirko moves a few steps ahead to sniff the air seeking to get some clues as to what to expect. Smelling nothing but dust and decay, he looks back to the group and asks, “Anyone good at finding traps?”
Agean steps forward and invokes the power of Lathander and then says, “There are no traps on this door…but I do not know what is on the other side.” As he is talking, Almego shoulders his way to the front. Looking again at his trident to make sure it senses no enemies nearby he shrugs and thinks, I don't feel comfortable skulking through dungeons. The quicker we're done here, the better.

"I don't know much about traps, but..." His mouth opens to say more, but he closes it and looks into Mirko's eyes. Seeing the distrust that is plain and evident he shrugs and scowls back. "I'll scout ahead."

Embracing the Shadow Almego fades into incorporeality and slides through the cracks in the frame of the stone door ahead of him. Before going through however he comes back to solid form and places a dweomer upon himself, Mirko and Raynal allowing them to communicate over distances. After the spell is in place he fades back out of reality and strikes forward.

On the other side of the door, Almego can hardly see anything. It is very dark with deep shadows. He gets the feeling that the room is quite large and he can tell that there is some type of painting on the walls but it is too dark to discern what the painting details. He can barely make out varied shades of dark gray but there are no distinguishable features detectable without some light source.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
Can Almego see in the dark when incorporeal?
-g-
__________________

  #6  
Unread 26th of August, 2008, 04:58
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Shouldering his trident and pulling forth his magical rapier Almego commands the weapon to shed light while becoming solid once again. What a creepy place... He shivers involuntarily at the thought of what may lurk in the darkness. Shining his light around he investigates the walls and takes mental note of the dimensions of the room. After scouting out the room (assuming he encounters no enemies) he'll go incorporeal again and return to the party to report what he saw.

(Right Hand: Rapier - Left Hand: Small Pocket Watch)
(Spells in effect: Message [Almego, Mirko, and Raynal])

(I can't see in the dark, but... "It can sense the presence of creatures or objects within a square adjacent to its current location, but enemies have total concealment (50% miss chance) from an incorporeal creature that is inside an object. In order to see farther from the object it is in and attack normally, the incorporeal creature must emerge." and "Incorporeal creatures have an innate sense of direction and can move at full speed even when they cannot see.")
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #7  
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 08:11
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 4

Jundar’s Tomb 4 – The Shrine of Dumathoin

Shouldering his trident and pulling forth his magical rapier, Almego commands the weapon to shed light while becoming solid once again. What a creepy place... He shivers involuntarily at the thought of what may lurk in the darkness. Shining his light around he investigates the walls and takes mental note of the dimensions of the room.

Giving a quick appraisal of the size of the room, you judge the north and south walls to run 70’ and the east and west walls to run 40’. You entered the room in the middle of the southern wall, and the only visible door is on the northern wall, 30’ from the NW corner. This room is breathtaking! The entire north and east walls are a painted mosaic depicting a dwarven clan in a sequence of events. From the NW corner the clan, few in number, emerges from a deep, underdark rift fighting goblins and kobolds before reaching a large cavern full of precious metals. The clan grows as it mines the rich ore veins, all the while battling invading beasts and even drow. The clan attracts other clans who join with them forming a great city where their prosperity grows. The eastern wall tragically portrays the clan’s demise at the hands of mind flayers and their duergar slaves. The final scene shows a remnant of the clan moving off to rebuild their lives elsewhere in the Underdark. The symbols of the clan are portrayed throughout the chamber on various statues of warriors, pottery, and hanging sculptures. The clan symbols are a hammer breaking a sword, and in one tapestry the sword and hammer are silver and the background is dark green. You spend several minutes searching the room, looking for secret doors, concealed passages, traps, treasure, etc. But most of the room is like you see it, obviously a room for the Swordbreaker Clan, of which Jundar is descended.

After scouting out the room, Almego turns incorporeal again and returns to the party to report what he saw. “Any traps on the door, Agean?” Franklin asks.
“None,” the priest of Lathander says assuredly. “But how do we open it? There’s no handle, key hole, nothing.”
Mirko says, “Let Hudson and I try to shove it open.” And they try, and try, and try, but the door will not open. From the back, Graham says, “Dwarven tombs are generally built by disciples of Dumathoin, and the dwarf outside mentioned the god twice. I recognize that symbol on the door – it is the symbol of Dumathoin, Keeper under the Mountain.”
“So!” Agean says. “What good does that do us?”
“A lot of good, my brother,” Graham replies. “Watch.” And the other priest of Lathander places his hand on the door and with reverence in his voice whispers, “Dumathoin.” With the sound of grating stone, the door opens inward, and light of your torches, swords, and spells reveal a large chamber heavily decorated with dwarven carvings, statues, mosaics, and runes…just as Almego described.

After a few minutes of admiring the murals and fruitless searching, Mirko gives the order to move on and Raynal easily opens the northern door revealing a hallway running due north. The east wall runs 30’ and the west wall runs 20’ as the corridor turns west.

Still incorporeal, Almego searches ahead and finds a special chamber around the corner. It looks to be some type of shrine to Dumathoin. “I think the way is safe,” he reports back.
Moving ahead, you turn the corner and the hallway runs 30’ before ending in an open archway that leads into a dimly lit chamber. Proceeding down the corridor you come to an archway carved with various dwarven runes. Above the arch is a bright silver symbol of Dumathoin: a shining gem inside a mountain. Agean whispers to the rest of you, “Piece of advice: Touch nothing unless you are leaving a gift on the altar. I’m getting a weird feeling about this room – be ready for anything.” The priest obviously looks nervous, which doesn’t help your jitters at all!
************************************************** *************
Actions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 2.JPG (43.2 KB, 4 views)
__________________

  #8  
Unread 29th of August, 2008, 09:52
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.40 per day)
an offering?
anybody's got some gems?
tween whores and barkeeps letme empty pockets
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #9  
Unread 31st of August, 2008, 16:55
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Ignoring Mirko's plea for a charitable donation Almego moves forward to scout further ahead. He is clearly uneasy around so many people and is looking for any opportunity to be away from the group. Something about this group, Lathander's Lantern, makes me nervous... I SHOULD find a way to get rid of them...

While pondering these thoughts Almego creeps ahead to see what lies beyond this chamber and signals Alison to join him. When out of eye-shot of the group Almego turns and quickly presses himself and his love up against the dank dungeon wall and gives her a deep and passionate kiss while pressing his body against hers. He bites and nibbles her neck and ear then whispers to her, "We should find someplace... private, this place gets me excited in an odd sort of way." Giving her one of his winning smiles and a wink he leads her onwards in search of a nice little side-room somewhere to spend a few minutes of 'alone-time'.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #10  
Unread 1st of September, 2008, 21:59
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 5

Jundar’s Tomb 5 – Raynal’s Confession

“An offering?” Mirko muses. “Anybody got some gems? Whores and barkeeps left me with empty pockets.”
Ignoring Mirko's plea for a charitable donation Almego moves forward to scout further ahead. He is clearly uneasy around so many people and is looking for any opportunity to be away from the group. Something about this group, Lathander's Light, makes me nervous... I SHOULD find a way to get rid of them...
While pondering these thoughts Almego creeps ahead to see what lies beyond this chamber and signals Alison to join him.

But as the pair enter the shrine, the archway suddenly radiates a silver aura and the symbol of Dumathoin pulses as if it was a beating heart. Almego and Alison stop immediately as silver tendrils extend from the archway touching their faces, bodies, equipment, and weapons. Searing pain courses through their bodies, felling them like trees as their screams echo through the tomb!
“What the hell is happening to them?” Mirko roars, reaching forward. Borth grabs his brother by the arm and holds him back and Mirko sees the cold sweat of fear running down Borth’s face.
Raynal pushes the barbarians aside in an effort to help his cousin, but the tendrils touch him too and he howls in agony, falling to the ground beside them.
Writhing on the floor, muscles twitching spasmodically, the three try to crawl away from the probing tendrils. Suddenly, Raynal stops screaming, grits his teeth against the pain and thunders, “ENOUGH!” and stands up! Sweat dripping from his face, Raynal reaches within his cloak and pulls forth the Freezing Rage! “NOOO! Don’t do this!” Franklin shouts. “You’ll kill us all you damn fool!” Hudson adds. Heedless of everything around him, Raynal wraps his hands around the statue and begins to chant! Almost immediately the ranger is encased in a layer of ice, the tendrils unable to break through to touch him. Still chanting, he slowly walks into the shrine of Dumathoin and the entire chamber begins to pulse with silver light! Almego grabs Alison’s outstretched hands and pulls her into the room where she wraps her arms around him sobbing uncontrollably. The layer of ice on Raynal shatters and he stands there breathing heavily while looking around the chamber. His eyes are black as pitch and his grin is laced with threat – he is ready to kill. And he says, “You fuckers entangled me in your little quest against my will. And I swear to you this day by all that is unholy: Mark my words – Vengeance will be mine! If your gods don’t take you, I damn sure will!”

Stroking Alison’s hair, Almego replies, “We’re not to blame for you choosing evil, or to worship Auril. We never chose to involve you in this quest. And we’re certainly not to blame if your actions come back to haunt you. The Prophecy chose you, not us.”
Raynal wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and says, “Just so you won’t lose sleep at night, cousin,” he spits the word as if it has left a bad taste in his mouth, “you’ll be the first to feel the kiss of my blade when this is over. You can count on it.” Cradling the statue of Kane, Raynal whirls toward the northern wall of the chamber (you entered in the middle of the east wall of a 30 x 30 room) and runs straight into the middle of the wall with his shoulder. The section of the wall shatters and he stumbles out the other side into a corridor as magical bolts fly from various concealed places in the room striking the area directly in front of the hole and the surrounding area. Taking cover you are able to avoid the barrage of missiles, which soon ends. Raynal gets up dusting off his clothes and says, “Waiting on you guys.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 3.JPG (43.7 KB, 2 views)
__________________

  #11  
Unread 5th of September, 2008, 04:29
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Wary of his cousin's actions and unsure what to say about what just happened Almego looks to the group then back to Raynal before shrugging and moving on. He seems almost... possessed.

Turning incorporeal again Almego follows the ranger along into the unknown darkness that lies ahead.

While following him at a safe distance he whispers through his spell for Mirko, Shirl and Raynal's ears only, "What has gotten into you cousin? Nobody here wishes you any harm. I - I'm sorry about what happened in Neverwinter... I - I had to do what I did else the Hand of Time would have been lost to us."
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 5th of September, 2008 at 06:22.
  #12  
Unread 8th of September, 2008, 19:59
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 6

Jundar’s Tomb 6

Wary of his cousin's actions and unsure what to say about what just happened Almego looks to the group then back to Raynal before shrugging and moving on. He seems almost... possessed.
Turning incorporeal again Almego follows the ranger along into the unknown darkness that lies ahead. While following him at a safe distance he whispers through his spell for Mirko, Shirl and Raynal's ears only, "What has gotten into you cousin? Nobody here wishes you any harm. I - I'm sorry about what happened in Neverwinter... I - I had to do what I did else the Hand of Time would have been lost to us."

“He’s been like this since…” Shirl begins to say, but Raynal cuts her off with a harsh growl.
“Silence woman! I’ll have none of your prattle down here! And as for you…cousin…you’re not sorry…not yet. And when the time comes, I’ll do what I have to do…what I want to do!”

Raynal looks left and right as the rest of the group reforms behind him, and then moves straight ahead, going north. The east wall runs 50’ while the west wall runs 40’ and the hall turns to the left for 30’ and then turns back right for twenty feet before ending in a door. Graham checks the door carefully and says, “No traps as far as I can tell.” Mirko says, “Then stand back while Hudson and I open it.” Hudson moves up beside of Mirko and they put their shoulders into the door and with surprising ease, the door swings inward. The first thing that catches your eye in this 20 x 20 room is a two-foot tall golden statue on a pedestal in the NW corner. A small brazier set into the wall burns with a low flame, which illuminates the statue perfectly. The statue appears to be a dwarven warrior with a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other, its arms raised in salute. There appears to be nothing else in the room. Graham says, “I don’t know about this one, but I get a bad feeling about it.” Looking closer, Almego’s sharp eyes pick out writing on the base of the pedestal. It is written in Common and reads: “Bear me and rise above all others.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Actions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 4.JPG (43.7 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #13  
Unread 17th of September, 2008, 09:48
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.40 per day)
we’re in here and I wont let a fuck up get people hurt, you’ve got some beef, it’ll be settle outside now get tha fuck focused and lets go!
we’ll check this place out and if nothing we’ll go back for the other corridor,

Mirko moves forward expecting a bolt of lightning to strike him down but does not hesitate
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #14  
Unread 18th of September, 2008, 13:21
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Almego can hear Mirko getting cross with Raynal, but the words don't register with him. Instead images of the dwarves in Thornhold dying from the icy embrace of the Shadows that attacked - the Shadows that he summoned! - swim through his mind like ghosts come to haunt a crypt. He remembers the hot words Lord Angus Stoneshaft of Thornhold, “The sooner yer gone, the better!” Angus spits, his face darkening in rage. “If’n I ever see ye again, I’ll split ye in two and leave ye fer the crows.” Then an image of Dreys before his departure from the keep weasles its way into his mind, "If’n ye got demons then this might not be the place fer ya. The prophecy ain't fer ye neither. Me not know ya long, but me have fought beside ye, bled beside ye, but if’n ye taken on this demon, me canst fight er bleed beside ye anymore."

Almego stumbles slightly as his head spins and his heart chokes up from the overwhelming tempest of emotions that flood through him all of a sudden at the appearance of the miniature golden dwarf statue. The eyes seem to animate and look back at Almego taunting him, nay... daring him to seize the treasure. A cold chill shoots down his spine setting him shivering. The look in his eyes is of abject fear and he just stands there paralyzed...
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #15  
Unread 18th of September, 2008, 20:26
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Alison touches Almego's arm softly. "What's the matter, lover? You look like you're ready to bolt. There's nothing in here to be afraid of - nothing that we, together, can't overcome."

The little shit is about to piss himself! Cackles the shadow within, but Alison can't hear it. Buckle up boy and do what you came here to do. While you're at it you might steal a soul or two for the master!

OOC: Bel, what does Mirko do once he moves forward into the room.
__________________

  #16  
Unread 23rd of September, 2008, 03:45
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.40 per day)
Mirko moves forward to inspect the statute, though he's not a believer out of respect to Dreys he pays honor to the image
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #17  
Unread 23rd of September, 2008, 14:20
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Opening his mouth to say something to his lover Alison in response to her concern he casts a wary eye at Mirko then thinks better of it. Instead he shakes his head and gives her a reassuring smile.

As Almego watches Mirko step closer to investigate the statue he invokes a minor dweomer to enable him to detact magical auras. Using his newfound sight he investigates it further himself. Taking care not to be too obvious about it he also looks over his other companions, particularly his cousin, and notes anything of interest.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #18  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 20:24
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 6

Jundar’s Tomb 6

Wary of his cousin's actions and unsure what to say about what just happened Almego looks to the group then back to Raynal before shrugging and moving on. He seems almost... possessed.
Turning incorporeal again Almego follows the ranger along into the unknown darkness that lies ahead. While following him at a safe distance he whispers through his spell for Mirko, Shirl and Raynal's ears only, "What has gotten into you cousin? Nobody here wishes you any harm. I - I'm sorry about what happened in Neverwinter... I - I had to do what I did else the Hand of Time would have been lost to us."

“He’s been like this since…” Shirl begins to say, but Raynal cuts her off with a harsh growl.
“Silence woman! I’ll have none of your prattle down here! And as for you…cousin…you’re not sorry…not yet. And when the time comes, I’ll do what I have to do…what I want to do!”

Raynal looks left and right as the rest of the group reforms behind him, and then moves straight ahead, going north. The east wall runs 50’ while the west wall runs 40’ and the hall turns to the left for 30’ and then turns back right for twenty feet before ending in a door. Graham checks the door carefully and says, “No traps as far as I can tell.” Mirko says, “Then stand back while Hudson and I open it.” Hudson moves up beside of Mirko and they put their shoulders into the door and with surprising ease, the door swings inward. The first thing that catches your eye in this 20 x 20 room is a two-foot tall golden statue on a pedestal in the NW corner. A small brazier set into the wall burns with a low flame, which illuminates the statue perfectly. The statue appears to be a dwarven warrior with a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other, its arms raised in salute. There appears to be nothing else in the room. Graham says, “I don’t know about this one, but I get a bad feeling about it.” Looking closer, Almego’s sharp eyes pick out writing on the base of the pedestal. It is written in Common and reads: “Bear me and rise above all others.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Alison touches Almego's arm softly. "What's the matter, lover? You look like you're ready to bolt. There's nothing in here to be afraid of - nothing that we, together, can't overcome."

The little shit is about to piss himself! Cackles the shadow within, but Alison can't hear it. Buckle up boy and do what you came here to do. While you're at it you might steal a soul or two for the master!


Mirko moves forward to inspect the statute. Though he's not a believer, out of respect to Dreys he pays honor to the image.

Almego opens his mouth to say something to his lover Alison in response to her concern, but casts a wary eye at Mirko then thinks better of it. Instead he shakes his head and gives her a reassuring smile.
As Almego watches Mirko step closer to investigate the statue he invokes a minor dweomer to enable him to detect magical auras. Using his newfound sight he investigates it further himself. Taking care not to be too obvious about it he also looks over his other companions, particularly his cousin, and notes anything of interest. And the resulting effects nearly blind him.


The aura coming off of Raynal slams into his brain, giving him a pounding headache almost immediately. He winces in pain and grabs Alison’s hand as if to reassure her that he is at least thinking about what she said earlier. But he can barely concentrate for the dweomer from Raynal, namely from the Statue of Kane, the Freezing Rage. Bluish and angry, the aura engulfs the ranger, caressing him like a lover, while stoking his ego for power and revenge.
Just think what we…what you could do if you possessed both weapons of power? The shadow within croons; Almego can almost taste the covetousness in its voice.
The others in the group have minor magics about them, some weapons, some armor, but nothing as overwhelming at the Freezing Rage.

Looking around the room, Almego senses that something is not right about the golden statue. And at about the same time, both Agean and Graham speak out. “I wouldn’t touch that statue, Mirko,” Agean says.
“Yeah, what he said,” Graham adds. “I think it’s rigged. This floor is…well…it feels unstable to me.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
__________________

  #19  
Unread 27th of September, 2008, 12:22
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Looking at the overwhelming power emanating from the artifact Freezing Rage Almego has a shiver run through him and he finds himself excited at the prospect of owning two of the three great weapons of power. Raynal is foolish on how he has used its powers thus far anyhow. It takes someone with a mind for magic to control powerful magic... not some dumb warrior brute like him. To the shadow within him he cackles and thinks, Great idea! I'll wait for the right time and it's ours! Already his mind is working out a plan on how to rest the artifact from his cousins hands.

Turning his attention to the matters at hand though Almego hears the concern in Graham and Agean's voices and seconds their opinion, "Yes, better leave it then Mirko. Treasure is a tempting bait for any trap. This just screams trap to me. Let's backtrack and see where those other passages lead."

Turning about Almego scouts a bit ahead of the others motioning Alison to join him.

(OOC: When I come back to the 4 way intersection I'll follow the right passage (my right, originally our left) and scout ahead till I find something of interest or something dangerous (which both usually go hand in hand with you man! ) By the way... I'll return to being corporeal once again. I forget which weapon I had drawn, but I'll rearm myself with my Trident to use its powers of enemy detection 100ft. I'm sure Alison can provide light and keep an eye out for traps right?)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 27th of September, 2008 at 14:49.
  #20  
Unread 28th of September, 2008, 22:06
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 7

Jundar’s Tomb 7

Looking at the overwhelming power emanating from the artifact Freezing Rage Almego has a shiver run through him and he finds himself excited at the prospect of owning two of the three great weapons of power. Raynal is foolish on how he has used its powers thus far anyhow. It takes someone with a mind for magic to control powerful magic... not some dumb warrior brute like him. To the shadow within him he cackles and thinks, Great idea! I'll wait for the right time and it's ours! Already his mind is working out a plan on how to rest the artifact from his cousins hands.

Turning his attention to the matters at hand though Almego hears the concern in Graham and Agean's voices and seconds their opinion, "Yes, better leave it then Mirko. Treasure is a tempting bait for any trap. This just screams trap to me. Let's backtrack and see where those other passages lead."

Turning about Almego scouts a bit ahead of the others motioning Alison to join him. Alison obeys and the others file out of the room and follow the young sorcerer and his cohort. Back at the four-way intersection, Almego turns right, moving slowly down the corridor.

With Alison beside him he moves slowly down the left corridor. With Franklin’s torch lighting the way your group moves farther into the tomb but the corridor is unmarked and unremarkable. After 90’ however, Graham calls a halt; he’s been following Almego and Alison closely from behind. The priest inches along the southern wall and peers around the corner as the corridor abruptly turns south. The priest also carefully examines the floor and side walls before standing up and saying, “We got a problem. The corridor turns here and runs south for about 40’ and ends in what looks like a door, but this entire section of the floor is a trap of some kind. I can’t figure it out how it’s triggered, but it is definitely dangerous. What do you say Almego?”
“Let’s backtrack and go through the intersection and see where that leads us. After all, it’s the only direction we haven’t chosen. Graham, stay close to me and I’ll lead the way.”
Back through the intersection, you travel along the stone hallway 60 feet before coming to another four-way intersection. Looking to the north, the hall runs 30’ and turns again. Looking to the south, the hall runs 30’ and opens up into some kind of room or chamber. Looking ahead, the eastern hall runs on into darkness.

Graham and Alison look at Almego with questioning faces, and Almego says, “Something tells me to keep going straight. Let’s see where that leads us.” Sixty feet later the hall turns north and looking there you can see the hall turn west again about 50’ away. Also, you notice a faint glow at that turn. Almego and Alison tighten their grip on their swords and ease up the corridor. At the turn the glow is noticeably brighter and looking to the west, the hall runs 30’ on both walls before opening up into what appear to be a 20’ corridor going north. Almego and Alison motion for the rest of the group to wait and they sneak out to the corner and peer around. In a few heartbeats, Alison waves everyone forward and when you turn the corner this huge hallway is overwhelming.

Chiseled out of stone and nearly 20’ high this hall is lit with braziers five and ten feet off the floor. The hall runs 30 feet on both walls, then a 10’ alcove on both sides, and ends in two sets of massive double-doors covering the entire 40’ section of the north wall! In the hallway, on either side, are two 10’ tall statues of dwarven warriors each bearing a different weapon: to your left they bear an axe and a hammer, to your right a sword and a pick. Each warrior looks to have been chiseled from a single block of stone, and the detail is astonishing! All four statues are plain stone except for their eyes: each statue’s eyes are different stones – the statues to the left have eyes of rubies and emeralds, the statues to the right have eyes of sapphires and diamonds. And these gems are at least the size of your fists! Noticing the stares of your group, Borth clears his throat and says, “Remember: Don’t touch anything! It’s hard to tell what Dumathoin would do to those who plundered this tomb.” With resignation in your eyes you turn your attention to the huge doors ahead. The alcoves to either side are empty, and the doors bear the symbol of Dumathoin and Clan Swordbreaker. Otherwise they are plain gray stone. “What do you think?” Hudson asks.
Mirko answers, “Well, once before we were able to access the room by Graham’s touch and breathed prayer. I say we do it again.” “Okay, by me,” says Graham, “but which set of doors?”
The barbarian doesn’t hesitate. “Try the right set…and pray nothing kills us for our error.” Graham takes a deep breath, places a foot in both Hudson’s and Boric’s cupped hands, and they hoist him up to the symbol of Dumathoin which is 10’ high on the door. Graham places a palm on the symbol and whispers, “Dumathoin.” You hear a click and a small panel only five feet off the floor slides open revealing three stone knobs. It is difficult to tell if they are to be turned, pushed, or pulled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Actions?
Map shows all of the tomb that you have explored so far - figured it would give you a nice visual of where you have been.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 5.JPG (19.0 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #21  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 10:07
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
While Almego is waiting, quite impatiently, for the others to figure out the mechanism for the door he decides on his own course of action.

"Wait here m'love," he whispers to Alison with a kiss and a wink to accompany it.

Embracing the Shadow once again, something he's been doing more often than not as of late, he glides forward straight between the huge dwarven statues with the intent of gliding straight through the double doors!
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #22  
Unread 3rd of October, 2008, 19:53
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 8

Jundar’s Tomb 8

While Almego is waiting, quite impatiently, for the others to figure out the mechanism for the door he decides on his own course of action.
"Wait here m'love," he whispers to Alison with a kiss and a wink to accompany it.
Embracing the Shadow once again, something he's been doing more often than not as of late, he glides forward straight between the huge dwarven statues with the intent of gliding straight through the double doors!

Behind the doors are separate 20’ wide hallways running NW and NE. You explore the NE hallway, which runs in a NE slant for about 50 feet before turning north and ending after only a few feet. To the right is a large alcove with another dwarven statue like the ones here. You hurry back down the corridor and up the NW hallway, which seems to run about the same distance with the same layout. But in place of the alcove there is a door and a room beyond with a stone sarcophagus. You only take a quick look, but the room is well lighted and on a marble pedestal beside the sarcophagus is a spiked battle mace, glowing red.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
Octavio, is Mirko and the group gonna do anything while Almego explores?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 6.JPG (53.6 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #23  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 11:46
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Laughing at the ruse of the glowing red battle mace Almego sums up in his head what sort of trap this likely is... although, what awaits inside the sarcophagus he wonders. I guess there's only one way to find out, says one part of his mind... while the other protests, You should wait for the others though!

Curiosity gets the best of him and instead of waiting for his help to arrive he rematerializes and attempts to remove the lid of the sarcophagus. Pushing with all of his strength his mind can't help but to visualize what kind of treasures may await him in a tomb like this.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 9th of October, 2008 at 13:23.
  #24  
Unread 9th of October, 2008, 20:41
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,829 (0.44 per day)
The lid to the sarcophagus moves rather easily, albeit loudly, grating against the sides. It teeters for a second and then falls with a crash to the floor. Almego flinches as the sound of the crash echoes through the room and out into the hall. He immediately goes on alert for what the intrusion may bring but after a minute or so, when nothing happens, he relaxes and peers into the casket.
Inside is the mummified skeleton of a dwarf. How long it has lain here is unknown but he would guess for a very long time. The wrappings around its body have loosened and slipped in many places as the flesh has withered and shrank. Particularly, one of its hands is exposed revealing a large gold ring on a bony finger. And around its forehead, drooping slightly over its eyes, is a golden headband with a single ruby at its center.
__________________

  #25  
Unread 10th of October, 2008, 13:21
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,264 (0.56 per day)
Jackpot! Almego thinks to himself.

"Thanks buddy!" he exclaims to the mummified dwarf. Reaching into the sarcophagus he immediately begins to strip the golden belongings from the corpse before the others arive.

After this is done if no danger arises from his actions he heads back to the others.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren