Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > HeadHunter's Games > Resident Evil: The Raccoon City Incident

Unread 4th of January, 2010, 09:56
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #7841
OCC Thread

This is for all Out of Character chatter. Any ideas or comments please post here.
Unread 5th of January, 2010, 13:54
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

Member: #7761
Will have PC up soon as I type it. Tommorow, day after..
Unread 6th of January, 2010, 05:44
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
I'm back and still interested, watched RE2/RE3 over the holidays.
Unread 7th of January, 2010, 11:21
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

Lando let me know what you are interested in playing. The game series differs quite a bit from the movies, but I'll fill you in on anything that would be of significance. You can reach me on an IM to get it laid out. I'd like to get started sometime by next week. I've found out I've got pneumonia and am on some pretty heavy meds. They laid me out good last night. Give me a few days to adjust to that and I'll help out as I can.

Last edited by HeadHunter; 7th of January, 2010 at 12:41.
Unread 8th of January, 2010, 21:59
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

I'd like to play a character who has a variety of survival and weapon skills and is ready for the apocalypse (with weapons/supplies etc). So perhaps a former soldier gone survivalist with an attitude.
Unread 9th of January, 2010, 09:38
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi # I'd like to play a character who has a variety of survival and weapon skills and is ready for the apocalypse (with weapons/supplies etc). So perhaps a former soldier gone survivalist with an attitude.
OK.... since you watched the movies, give me a character that best relates to your concept?

1) In game terms no one outside of Umbrella saw this coming. Infact Umbrella made sure to payoff the right people to keep it hushed. They even discredited the STARS unit which was highly decorated because of what they said to Chief Irons. You can do a search on the RE Wiki under Resident Evil 2 for this information.
2) In RE Ammo and supplies are in limited quantity. Its part of the whole survival horror thing, as the city is pushed to the brink to hold back the Outbreak. However, there are benefits to being an Umbrella employee or a STARS member over just the regular RPD. The RPD officers get a Squad Car, Shotgun, Pistol, Hand Baton, and other normal Poice Issued equipment. Its alot more then most characters get starting. A STARS member would get a special sidearm (personal choice), most carried the Samarai Edge pistol (can be searched on the RE Wiki) and then a knife. Barry and a few others carried personal items. Barry was known for his Colt Python that later changed to a Colt Anaconda in REmake on Game Cube. On top of that they get a little more flex in Skills.
If you wanted to go Umbrella, look up the UBCS. This is where my NPC comes from, and I will allow you to be part of his unit that comes into this situation. Carlos in the movie was one of them, though from the game to the movie was a dramatic change in his character. Most of them have attitude, as you will find out when you research them. I would post more about them, but want to leave it for ingame knowledge to find out. Though most of my players have probably played the game before.

If you have questions let me know, or post them here. Some of the other players can help as well.
Unread 10th of January, 2010, 10:33
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Ah, my point is, I've not played any of the video/computer games and only seen the movies. I didn't want to fit into a particular mold, I wanted to play my own character who like survivalists today would have a small arsenal (a couple of pistols, shotgun/assault rifle, combat/survival knife or machete), some food/survival gear and a few clips of ammo or boxes of shells and something like a 4x4 jeep, offroad bike etc. Likely would steal/buy other stuff as needed when the zombies begin taking over. Sure, he's not going to have resources forever or anything, but you can get skills to make ammo if you can find the right supplies.. or find a group to help you do so. I'm not asking for a tank for gear or for access to a whole armory or anything.

The RE3 movie had many survivors with all sorts of guns and weapons, even Alice had stuff on her little bike.
Unread 10th of January, 2010, 15:39
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

The RE3 movie was a convoy of survivors after the Outbreak of Raccoon City. When they realized what they were up against and what it was going to take to survive. Even then, they still weren't ready for everything. Before that, they were all just regular people enjoying their regular lives, aside from Carlos and Alice. Infact Alice went through several "versions" before she became the Alice in the first movie. Supposedly she is even another version from that one in RE2/RE3. She isn't even part of the games. In my opinion it was a way to get someone worth while to get into the movie franchise to draw outsiders to the film. The game storyline is incredibly better and they should have stuck to it. Its almost as bad as the Mortal Kombat movies. Although there's parts of the movies that are cool, its so far away from the game its frightening in its own right. Even Nemesis was changed (he used a Stinger Launcher mounted to his arm in the game) for the movie. He by far was the coolest B.O.W. in the series. Wesker is the best overall villian and he in no way shape or form resembles himself in the movies compared to the game. This is why I recommend researching on the wiki and seeing what you like and where you want to fit in. As you will come to see, Umbrella had many faces and depending on what face you know, you will be more likely to do certain things and know certain things.

Character wise.... You get 20 points for Attributes, 35 for Skills, 15 for Qualities, 10 for Drawbacks. Base your equipment on your Background and availablity. I'll see what you come up with and go from there I guess. I'm willing to help out and get you worked in. We'll make it fit the RE System.
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 04:06
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

Member: #7868
I totally agree Rob, the games have always had a better story line; plus the only thing good about the movies was seeing Mila damn near nude, wait that was the Fifth Element. sorry. RE movies just sucked.
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 05:49
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by HeadHunter # This is why I recommend researching on the wiki and seeing what you like and where you want to fit in. As you will come to see, Umbrella had many faces and depending on what face you know, you will be more likely to do certain things and know certain things.

Character wise.... You get 20 points for Attributes, 35 for Skills, 15 for Qualities, 10 for Drawbacks. Base your equipment on your Background and availablity. I'll see what you come up with and go from there I guess. I'm willing to help out and get you worked in. We'll make it fit the RE System.
*nods* I'll look over the wiki info then and get back to you, I might try building my own pc, or send you and idea to run with. I might have to see if I can find any of the games that could play on my game console then or pc. I own an Xbox-360.
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 05:56
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

As far as I know, Resident Evil is not on XBox. I know it was on Gamecube, Wii, Playstation, and PC. There were a few releases for Dreamcast and Resident Evil 2 was on N64. Best bet might be to find an emulator or get them on PC.

Whatever you decide is fine. We can work something out. I think based on what I can tell, the UBCS might be a good fit for you. What I would do is research Raccoon City on the Wiki, it'll give you a basic run down of what happens to it. Then if you want a little more detail Search Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3. It'll give you a brief summary of what happens in the events of those games. It should also give you links to characters and other things should you need them. If you need any more information or have questions, please let me know.
Unread 14th of January, 2010, 14:10
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #7911
Hey folks I'm new, still figuring stuff out. It's good to be here though.
Unread 15th of January, 2010, 09:56
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

I found 3 RE computer games for pcs and stuff, plus the Xbox 360 one I mentioned in Yahoo. I am working on my concept/idea, going to go for a custom build probably.
Unread 20th of January, 2010, 13:37
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

Plan on a post this weekend. I should have all characters up by then. Those of you who need pictures and backgrounds should have those up by then. Let me know if you need help.
Unread 20th of January, 2010, 14:31
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

Got my background up =).
Unread 24th of January, 2010, 08:03
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

You gonna get that post up today or tomarrow, Rob?
Unread 25th of January, 2010, 02:37
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

I was waiting to hear back from Alan and Doug. If I don't hear anything back today I'll have something up by Monday Evening at the latest. I gave them an extra week to get in touch with me to try to start everyone out at the same time.
Unread 25th of January, 2010, 05:57
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

Okay, just wondering when this shin-dig was gonna get off the ground. Thanks for the info.
Unread 29th of January, 2010, 13:56
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

Lando - Aerin & Kiril's post will be up tomorrow. I apologize for not having it up with the other one. Been a bit busy with personal situations.

Please post any questions and discussions in here. I will answer them. Feel free to help out one another too, even if you aren't in the same threads yet. You might be able to give ideas that someone else might not.

GAME ON!!!
Unread 31st of January, 2010, 02:30
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

Well Rimmerdal and Mr. Jefferson, I think we should discuss what few options we have to continue the lives of our characters. So if you please re-post to this thread or IM me at lotuscorpse for both yahoo and Aim apps.
Unread 31st of January, 2010, 09:05
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

My yahoo IM is scaperlove. You can hit my email at adamluciani@comcast.net That being said I posted in the character thread before reading this. Gus and Desmond just had an interview, beyond that Gus is going to defer to the fireman, since he's a fireman and thsi building is... on fire. Left to his own devices he will probably try to kick down one of the room doors and hope for a window, maybe even a fire escape. We could tie the sheets together in the room and make a rope.

My next post is going to be the questions that Gus would have asked you in the interview Desmond.
Unread 31st of January, 2010, 09:15
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

Interview with Gus and Desmond, just before the fire.

Gus & Desmond's Interview:

I'm going to hit you with the questions on here, if you feel up to it you can provide Desmond's answers, if not no worries =). Gus asks Desmond a lot of questions.

GM - IF A ROLL IS NECESSARY CAN YOU MAKE IT FOR ME? ALL MY SKILLS ARE ON THE CHARACTER SHEET

General Questions:

What's your name?
Where are you from?
What were you working on with Ben Bertolucci?
Did you contact him or did he contact you?
How long have you been working with him?
Do you know where Ben Bertolucci is?

In the interest of not bombarding you with questions, questions:

What were you trying to report?
How long has that been going on?
Who is involved in the thing you were trying to report?
How are you involved?
Why were you involved?
What changed your mind about that involvement?
Why did you try to seek out a reporter?

If there's anything important you wish to share please feel free to answer a question I didn't ask.
Unread 10th of February, 2010, 03:18
InFlames
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #7971
Hey Head. I fleshed out my character and finished him up, submitted it to the character sheet board for you to look over. Let me know if anything needs fixed, though I'm fairly sure I did creation correctly.
Unread 13th of February, 2010, 16:06
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

I'll answer the questions. My internet at home is a bit dicey...I'll post as best I can.
Unread 13th of February, 2010, 16:07
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

Post. I'll answer questions tonight or tommrow.